User Reviews for Errin to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Errin has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 32 ratings for the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. 22% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 47% reported a negative effect.

Errin Rating Summary

4.6/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Errin

Kaye January 4, 2020

“I was very scared to start these pills due to the horror stories I've read but I went with my gut and started them a month ago. I was on Tri Lo Milli and it had me bleeding nonstop, some days light some days heavy but bleeding everyday, so I told myself let's do it. I couldn't see it being any worse than bleeding everyday and mind you I'm a married woman and I was tired of telling my husband it's just until my body gets on track. He was understand but I wasn't at all. I hated the fact that this was everyday for me. So anyway I've been taking these like told everyday straight and on time. I stopped bleed after 4 days and I haven't bleed since. Not one drop! I haven't had mood swings, no headaches, no hair loss and no appetite loss or gain. I'm just normal. I do believe some are not doing as the direction say "EVERY DAY ON TIME" and it causes issues as far as bleeding goes but for me its working and I'm happy with them as of now. If anything changes I'll be sure to update you guys!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2021

“This birth control Errin is unbearable!!!! I have two to three periods a month! Also I have huge blood clots on this pill. I’m so sick of spending money on hygiene products. I’m at my wits ends with this. Avoid this pill!”

Jp · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2020

“I was prescribed Errin as an alternative birth control because of having high blood pressure. The first 3 months were normal with my period last about 5-6 days. On the 4th month I started bleeding profusely! I would bleed through heavy pads in 3 hours. The bleeding was full of huge clots. I lost so much blood that was pale and required to come into the doctor's office for a checkup. The cramping was unbearable. There is no way this medication is worth the pain and money it costs in feminine products. The birth control works in preventing pregnancy because who would want to have sex with you when you are bleeding through your clothes! Terrible experience.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 7, 2020

“I started this birth control in April of 2020 and this is almost my 7th month being on it. The first month was okay but it made me really depressed. I was prescribed this birth control because I can’t take combination pills due to the fact that I have migraines. I’ve been bleeding twice a month since then and I was told to give it time and that it would get better after the 6 month adjustment period. I’m still bleeding 2 times a month and it’s been almost 7 months. I keep track of everything on the Flo app and I always seem to bleed around the time that I’m supposed to “ovulate” I’m not sure if that has something to do with it or what but it’s very very annoying. It’s doing it’s job though I just wish I wouldn’t bleed 2 times in 1 month. It’s annoying enough having 1 period and now I have 2.”

co February 16, 2020

“I switched to this Errin birth control pill from Yasmin because of migraines, and regret it completely. This pill is costing me a fortune in pads and tampons because my period now lasts three weeks. I thought it was because I had to get used to it but it’s been six months now. The issue is not floundering in dosage times. I’ve taken every pill at the same exact time for the past ten years. Everyone’s body is different so if you feel it’s right for you then good, enjoy it. If you’re having three week long periods, stop taking it.”

Socalprinses · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

“I started using this pill two months ago. Will start my third pack next week. Before starting Errin I had suffered with heavy, heavy periods for the past five years. So heavy in fact that they forced my body to expel the Mirena my doctor had put in place. The clotting and pain was horrific. We had tried everything, it seemed and Errin was our last ditch effort before considering surgery. Thankfully, Errin has worked for me. I knew it would take some time for my body to get used to the hormone and balance out so when my first period was horrible, I hung in there. In June I did not have a period at all. I had some pink when wiping but that was it. Everyone is different and I'm grateful this worked for me. It has changed my life. I'm 50 and only have a few years to go before menopause but I would like to transition "quietly" instead of looking like a blood accident. Good luck to everyone.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

“I’ve been on this for 3 months now, and the first month was fine, but after the first month I have had 4 periods within 5 weeks, and each are 5-6 days. I have a 3-4 day break from bleeding, but then it starts up again. I’ve never experienced this before taking this birth control, and I’m done taking it!”

perimenopausing · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2021

“My ob/gyn prescribed this pill to mitigate the perimenopausal menstrual flooding I was having. Took it consistently with some errors in time here & there. At first the period got lighter, but by month 3, I only had 5 days where I wasn't bleeding every day. I changed the time of day I took the pill from PM to AM. Two days after doing that I had a horrible experience--my uterus released almost 1/4 or 1/3 of a cup of what looked like liver. ENORMOUS blood clots that filled the entire pad with a bloody, pulpy mess, I thought I'd had a miscarriage. I kept releasing these clots plus heavy flow the rest of the day. I stopped taking the pill at that point and since then I've had 3 straight days of flooding--soaked through my pad, underwear and bled all over my pants in 4 hours. I can't leave the house, it's been a nightmare. This pill made a not great situation worse and I don't recommend it for perimenopausal women with heavy bleeding issues.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 4, 2020

“So I started to take Errin because this was what was suggested. I regret it so much. I took it everyday on time - I had an alarm set so I know it was taken on time religiously. I started to bleed constantly and it got to the point the clots that started to come out were huge. Like ungodly my new normal became multiple periods in a month, it sucked. Costing more in hygienic products in a month then I have spent over 3 months without taking it I shouldn't be going thru the big box of tampons in a week. -_- when they normally last me months granted everyone can experience different things. But this is my experience and why I rated it what I did.”

Sophie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

“I have been on Errin now for almost 3 months. I used to get my period every 20 days which was too frequent for me, lasted 3-4 days. Now, I am bleeding every day, granted some days it's just spotting. I am officially quitting today, yesterday I started bleeding so heavily that I filled my overnight pad in less than an hour and there was heavy clotted blood. I had never experienced this before. I read about breakthrough bleeding, but I can't anymore. I didn't gain weight, I didn't get acne and my hair is the same. I am 38yrs old. Everyone is different, but this is my unpleasant experience.”

Unsure June 13, 2020

“Errin is Awful!! So I had my IUD removed and was put on Errin First month was fabulous one regular month lasted 6 days but my normal was 4 still not a big deal So month two first week not so bad at all and then the rest came. It’s been about 3 months and I have bled every week for 3 weeks. It’s great for preventing pregnancy but costing me a fortune in feminine hygiene products because I just can’t stop bleeding. My skin stays broken out, my breasts are constantly tender. The second month I bled with a 3 day break following and I have been bleeding since and it’s not just a light flow I’m talking if you feel the need to change your product you better run to the nearest restroom. For me it has just gushed and I can’t quite understand why. I contacted my OBGYN and was told to stop taking it immediately but if I had dizziness, shortness of breath or a racing heart I needed to get to the nearest emergency room. Apparently it’s a common side effect but not a good one and not right for me”

Nikki6 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 3, 2020

“I've been taking Errin for over a year now and I stopped having a period in March. I stopped the pill till May 18th because I was waiting for a period. I then continued my pill as my gyno said it can be actually normal to have no period at all. So I got back on them in May. In Aug I had a 9 day nightmare blood bath period. It's now November and I haven't had one since. Only small amounts of brown. 16 negative pregnancy tests. And I'm 2 months late. Now I'm feeling movement and pressure and thumping. I'm going crazy, this pill makes you actually feel pregnant but you don't get pregnant.”

Bella · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2020

“My initial experience was terrible because I would not stop bleeding and after I could not bare it anymore I went to the doctor in tears and frustration and she switched me to Slynd which is a bit of a higher mg and the bleeding stopped in about a week. Seems to be going better with the higher dosage of the pregestin. Definitely check out Slynd if the bleeding is too persistent on Errin.”

FLgirl004 January 25, 2021

“I decided to come back and review this drug as I was on the fence as there were a lot of negative reviews. I have uterine fibroids near the end of 2018, at 40. I had a heavy period that lasted 2 months. I was put on DEPO and my period stopped that night and for a few months, then I had more breakthrough bleeding. At 1 year mark, my arm that I used to get the shot in started hurting, I could barely lift it and couldn't sleep on it. I didn't go back, instead, I switched to regular birth control that used to always work (Daysee). The bleeding stopped again until I had a gallbladder attack for the first time. Turns out I had gallstones. After about a year on that, I started having breakthrough bleeding again. I read that the estrogen in the birth control is responsible (among other things) so I switched to this; almost immediately the pain has left my gallbladder and I feel normal again. Two weeks have passed, the breakthrough bleeding has passed. You have to take this at a precise time each day.”

Kris · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

“Okay so I have been on this for a week now, my face hasn’t broken out more than usual, I have insanely irregular periods and literally the day after starting this, my period ended and it hasn’t started up again. Before, I would have maybe two days of no period and then it would hit me like a freight train again. My body feels much better than it has in years! Again, I have only been on this for a week. I haven’t had any weight gain or random spotting..yet? Idk. Before I got put on this birth control I literally bled, had intense cramps, mood swings, and migraines pretty much daily. I’m not saying it’s good for everyone, as everyone’s bodies are different. It has worked wonders for me. I will post another review as time goes on. I also haven’t had any issues with my hair falling out or being dull. It’s so nice to not be so damn hormonal everyday. I feel so much better health wise now. I think it’s honestly balancing out my chemicals, but I’m not a doctor. ”

Tora422 · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

“I have been on this pill only 24 days so I am going to give it a chance but... I am going through perimenopause so I take the pill for better control of my period. Not for BC as I am infertile. After 20 days on the pill I started my period. The first day was minor spotting it has now been 4 full days of HEAVY bright red bleeding. With constant clots. Clots when I pee, clots when I wipe, clots on my pads, clots on my tampons. Some are small like pea size and some are huge like quarter size. I am extremely tired, I have no energy and fear I am becoming anemic. My doc wants me to do a full 3 to 6 month trial with it because it does take time to get the full effect.”

silesile · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

“I was on Errin for two months. I'm in perimenopause and it was recommended to control some abnormal bleeding. The first month was ok, but I basically bled all of month two, either spotting or very, very heavy. Stopped it a few days ago and still bleeding. I went to the doctor and had an exam - no other physical cause for the heavy bleeding. He agreed I should stop taking it although he wanted me to try originally for three or four months. I don't see how - this was the worse bleeding ever. I'll take perimenopausal irregularity over this.”

Zunkk54 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 11, 2020

“Started on Errin 4 weeks after I had my son and I have been on it for almost 4 months now and the last 2 months I have had a period 2 times a month which is so unusual for me. After reading everyone's experiences with it I am glad I'm not the only one that is like this. I was wondering if it was my body getting back on track after having my son or the birth control. Since I'm a smoker I was put on this and it was the only pill offered to me. It was this or the IUD and I really don't want a foreign object in my body. Great as a birth control but for me I was using it for 2 reasons and it was as a birth control and to STOP my periods.”

Jendal73 January 24, 2014

“I have used other birth control in the past that has regulated my periods like clockwork after one month of use. I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and was told this was one of the only pills that did not have a side effect of higher BP. I gave it 4 consistent months and after I have experienced epic bleeding, to the point it was like having 2 periods back to back, I decided it wasn't for me.”

ANGELEYE005 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2018

“My doctor randomly switched me to this birth control. I've been almost on it for three months. Been heavily bleeding every two weeks, now bleeding every other week. I'm done, told my doctor I can't anymore.”

Mere · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2018

“I started taking this 6 weeks after my daughter was born. I’ve been taking for 3 months now and am officially stopping this pill. It has made me bleed so irregularly and heavily that it’s unmanageable. It feels like I’m bleeding more so than when I am not. I’m not sure if I am experiencing other symptoms but definitely look like I am more bloated so maybe that’s something I’ve experienced as well and haven’t correlated the two. My primary reason for stopping is the excessive bleeding.”

AC · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2021

“I was extremely weary of starting Errin after seeing so many reviews online that were negative. After several ovarian cysts and abnormal bleeding over the years, both conditions which I tried every type of alternate medicine for, I finally decided to give birth control a try again (I was originally on it from 16 through 22, then took a 10 year break as it made me feel quite ill). The mini-pill seemed like the logical decision to avoid the nausea and long list of other side effects, even though I didn’t have the best skin to start with and also had spotting at least 2 weeks per month. I’m starting my 3rd month now and not only has my skin stayed the same, my spotting went down to 3 days this month! Periods are way lighter, breasts don’t stay sore for 10 days per month, hormonal headaches have disappeared. I’m kicking myself for not trying this sooner...”

T · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2018

“Over it!!! Due to my health Insurance going away I was given Errin as it was cheaper out of pocket. I was using Loestrin FE and was loving it! Periods were very light and some months didn't come at all. It was a nice alternative to the Mirena that I had. However, the Errin is horrible. I take it the same time everyday and the side effects are awful. I have started to experience breakouts on my face. But, the worse is the periods! Periods last anywhere from 7-10 days!!!!!!!! It's ridiculous!! You think your done and BAM it's back. Once the this pack is empty I'm done!! I have insurance now so I will asking the doctor to switch me back to my Loestrin FE. This is horrible!! I do not recommend.”

BrittCoop · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 8, 2017

“I have been on this pill for a year now. I went a while without a period just constant spotting. Well, I can't tell if it's an extremely light period or just spotting. It's not enough blood for a tampon or pad but a liner. I hate it bc if I do want to have sex, I have to act like I have to pee right before just to make sure I'm not bleeding. I'm on my last pack & then I'm done with it. I also was on this pill due to high bp & horrible periods. I'll take my risks at not taking this anymore!”

Nubian · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2019

“I've been on Errin birth control pill for 3 months currently on number 4. Since I started my cycle has lasted for up to 10 days. Prior it only last 5 days....after reading the comments here I'm done too. Calling doctor to prescribe me a new one or I'll just go back to using my the Flow app”

Learn more about Abnormal Uterine Bleeding