User Reviews for Norethindrone (Page 9)

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Lyza, Tulana, Jencycla, Incassia, Norlyda, Nora-Be, Jolivette, Norlyroc, Heather, Sharobel Deblitane

Amenorrhea 6.8
Endometriosis 5.6
Birth Control 5.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.0 1,111 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Luck September 4, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been taking this birth control (norethindrone) for about 2 1/2 weeks now for my Endometriosis. My doctor thought it could possibly help with my horrible pains and periods. About a week into taking it I started noticing my anxiety was much worse then usual. Horrible chest pains/back pains that wouldn’t go away for 5 whole days. I ended up in the ER. They did so many test. My blood test came back where it showedI had a spike in my d-dimer..... the doctors thought I had a pulmonary embolism. I was terrified. Thankfully my results came back negative for that. But all of this because I started taking the birth control. I’m stopping now. I know everyone is different but seriously the side effects are unbearable. Listen to your body and if you think anything is wrong stop taking it. I still have a road to recovery with my Endometriosis and hopefully will have the surgery soon bc I will never try any kind of birth control after what I’ve went thru.”

Blue · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I am 5 months postpartum. I’ve been taking Errin for 3 months now for BC & Endometriosis. I feel like it doesn’t cause me mood swings. It does make me feel very nauseous and super dizzy all the time. I keep thinking I’m pregnant and buying tests only for them to say negative. That’s my only complaint. But glad I’m not pregnant.”

Vicki · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Horrible medication. Stopped after 2 weeks. Continuous bleeding. Nausea. Cramps. Fatigue. Bloating. Maybe if I tried to stick it out longer the side effects would go away but I just couldn’t do it. I have never felt so awful.”

Bernie · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2019

For Birth Control: “I did not like this birth control pill at all - it made me really dizzy. Pass out out from this medicine. The ambulance had to take me to the hospital and stayed over night. Would not recommend but I know everyone body different. Been on birth control pills a long time and doctor wanted to switch my bc.”

Pink · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 1, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was prescribed this pill after I spoke to my gyno about having a irregular bleeding. I told her my periods have been lasting for over a week, on and off. So, first week on it, I wasn’t bleeding, but after the first week I had NON STOP HEAVY PERIOD, back to back blood clots and some bigger than a quarter. I’m on my second pack, and I’m still bleeding heavy with clots and all no change. I'm starting to feel weak due to all the non stop bleeding. I'm just going to completely stop this stuff. I'm done spending money tampons and pads, due to the fact that I gotta wear BOTH because it’s THAT heavy.”

Soccermom214 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “The worst thing I have ever experienced. Getting pregnant again would have been better then this birth control. I wasted 4 months of my life on this pill. I gained weight, hair loss, cramps, headaches more then I didn’t have headaches. Finally stopped it and all my symptoms have been subsiding. I’m sure it works differently for different people but it was the worst thing I’ve ever done.”

Enomas · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2019

For Endometriosis: “I have stage 4 endometriosis. My doctor prescribed the norethindrone because of awful mood swings from the combo pill. I was highly skeptical and resistant birth control pills, I felt that any manipulation of my hormones would cause me mood swings. I only took this because I was desperate to get rid of period pain. I took this for six months and only got a light period with minimal pain in the first month. I’ve been physically pain free the entire time. I’m stopping now because like all hormonal birth control, the anxiety and mood swings are getting out of hand. As a lot of the reviewers have said, my thoughts have become very dark so it’s time to get off.”

Jane · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was put on this norethindrone contraceptive pill because I was having a lot of breakthrough bleeding and weight gain. I bled the first two weeks I was on it but just figured my body would “adapt” to it. Then I started having nightmares, and panic attacks at night that would wake me up. I didn’t know a birth control pill could cause nightmares or panic! Then my breasts got SO SORE I could barely stand to have a t-shirt on, much less a bra. This went on for 2 weeks! I would actually cry out if my husband hugged me to tightly. Then one month in I had another period. The cycle started all over except it happened every 2 weeks for the next 6 months! My doctor has prescribed a different pill thankfully but the reviews I read on it were scary too. The only good thing I can say about this pill is that it KILLED my appetite, everything tasted bad. I lost 20 pounds! So not a complete loss!”

Jaz August 28, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've been taking this pill for 4 days and already want to throw it away. The BIGGEST side effect is the cramps. I've literally had waves of pain through my stomach that feel like contractions since I started this! I feel like I've been in labor every day since I started taking these! Also very nauseous and bleeding heavy! Please please please PAY ATTENTION TO THE REVIEWS! THIS STUFF IS TERRIBLE AND NOT WORTH THE PAIN!”

Meka · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 25, 2019

For Endometriosis: “I have been on this pill for over a year. When I first started, my cycle stayed on for two weeks. My GYN increased my dose to three 5mg tablets. This did the trick! I do NOT have a cycle at all. I do cramp severely about 5 to 7 days out of the month. I don't mind this because prior to the pill I had PAINFUL and HEAVY cycles. I literally had to where pad and tampon and still had leaks sometimes. I have lost 30 pounds with diet and exercise so my 30 pound loss is in no relation to talking the pill. For those who are gaining then diet and exercise may head that up. Norethindrone made my life a little better when it comes to the nightmare of menstrual cycle.”

stressedout · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I have taken Nora-Be birth control pill for 6 days, and it only just now occurred to me in reading this thread that the pill was causing the problem. I have literally had two completely sleepless night; other nights I slept badly, I'm exhausted, tense, angry, hot, and felt pressure on my chest and have had a lot more GERD than is typical for me. I don't know if it's all the Nora-Be, but the insomnia is the worst; I am going to stop taking it now.”

AT · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was on the ParaGard IUD for 5 years prior to heavy cyclic bleeding my doctor suggested Mirena in which I had a bad reaction , dizziness, off centered not myself. I had it removed and the symptoms disappeared .I started this pill last Sunday and what I have found is that I did get abdominal pain but, my mood overall feels calm. I do not have anxious thoughts like I did due to my hormones. I did not get breakthrough bleeding (knock on wood) yet. I bled for a year straight on the depo provera shots. Give it a try and if you do not like the side effects you can just stop it unlike an IUD .”

Bri · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 23, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I'm a little surprised at the negative reviews but I understand everyone is different. I was put on Nora-Be due to extremely heavy periods in my mid 30's. I have been on this pill for 5 years now and am quite pleased with the efficacy. While I still have a cycle (some people will stop having a period once taking Nora-be) it is significantly lighter. Once in a blue moon I would get breakthrough bleeding but that all stopped after the first month of taking Nora-be. I feel my mood has been more stable since before the pill and it has not affected my weight at all.”

Share · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started taking Nora Be at age 44 after being on ortho cyclen for 5 years. Doctor recommended I switch to POP (progestin only pill) because of elevated blood pressure. Should have stayed on ortho cycle. I felt all right the first 3 weeks but on the fourth week I was bleeding really heavily, super plus tampons soaked with blood, had the worst PMS symptoms ever. Immediately stopped taking them. I still feel depressed even though I have been off of them for almost two weeks. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? Would NOT recommend Nora-Be.”

CareM · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 23, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Positives: Does its job, no period, no cramps, minor mood swings Negatives: Back acne, bloat, irregular (minor) spotting, dizziness (randomly) Side effects aren't bad compared to others which is why I've stayed on this medicine for a while.”

Andi · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2019

Heather (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I've been on birth control pills for over a year now for heavy periods. My pharmacy only had Heather brand of norethindrone in stock recently, so I received a 90 day supply. And OMGoodness the next 90 days were horrible. I had horrible cramping for days before and during my period, and literally just felt sick from the pain. Once my 90 days was coming to an end, I went to my pharmacy and demanded they order another brand. I will NEVER use Heather again.”

littlepie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been on Noriday 28 for just over 2 months. I switched from a combination pill that I had been on for over 10 years due to high blood pressure. I was terrified to switch to progestogen only, thinking I would get terrible hormonal acne (this is why I went on the pill in the first place) and other side effects. In reality I have had minimal issues with Noriday. I have had two short, light periods around the 28 day mark. No acne (having said that I also follow a strict skincare routine and had been taking Zinc/Vitamin A and a probiotic). Cramping is about the same as it was on the combo pill. No breast soreness. The horrible headaches I had while taking the inactive pills on the combo are gone. Obviously all pills work differently for each person but I wanted to share my relatively positive experience.”

Christine · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started googling this before I went on and the majority of posts are negative - so I'm posting due to a positive experience . I started a month and a half ago after being on a combo pill for my entire life. So far- no issues, no weight gain, the only kinda weird thing is that I haven't gotten a period. Don't hate it but will probably think I'm pregnant constantly because I"m so paranoid that way .LOL No side effects so far aside from a bit of cramping!”

SD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 18, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Started taking Nora BE (norethindrone) about ten months ago after having a serious DVT and pulmonary embolism with lung damage. I had been on Nuvaring prior to that for over a decade without issue, but after DVT/PE I can only use birth control methods without estrogens. Overall, I am satisfied with Nora Be and haven’t had any pregnancies while taking it. When I first started, I did notice my breasts were more tender, periods were less regular/reliable and I had some hair loss (although I am unsure on whether taking this caused it). Those have all resolved. It has to be taken at the same time every day, so I set an alarm and am pretty good about taking it on time. I take a pregnancy test now and then if my period runs late. There has only been one month on this pill that I did not get a period. It can be less convenient than other methods (at least at first), but better than nothing for those of us who have limited birth control options due to health issues.”

Ach August 15, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I gave Errin birth control pill a whole year to settle in with my body. I gained weight, have had irregular periods, including one that leaked all over my white pants (talk about being 44 and feeling like you are 14!), fatigue, you name it! I also have had issues with inflammation and an undiagnosable lymph node issue in my neck that happens to flare up just once a month. I’m convinced it’s due to this pill. Stopping it today after talking to gyn.”

Tora422 · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I have been on this pill only 24 days so I am going to give it a chance but... I am going through perimenopause so I take the pill for better control of my period. Not for BC as I am infertile. After 20 days on the pill I started my period. The first day was minor spotting it has now been 4 full days of HEAVY bright red bleeding. With constant clots. Clots when I pee, clots when I wipe, clots on my pads, clots on my tampons. Some are small like pea size and some are huge like quarter size. I am extremely tired, I have no energy and fear I am becoming anemic. My doc wants me to do a full 3 to 6 month trial with it because it does take time to get the full effect.”

Madderz · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 14, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: “I got on this Nora-Be pill maybe 3ish years ago. Thought it was helping my Endometriosis. But my Gyno and hormone doctor told me it wasn't great for helping Endo. I'm taking progesterone as a hormone pill. Nora B has made my life change for the worse. Horrible acne, weight gain and unwanted hair on my face. Also my mood has changed since I've been on it. I stopped taking Nora B today and I know once it gets out of my system I'll be way better. In the near future probably 2-3 months I do wanna get back on a better birth control that will help it better. I do not recommend this birth control to any women with Endo. Does not help and makes things worse for you. I am 26 years old and without insurance right now. Without it, the pill for 3 months is over $130. Again I do not recommend this birth control”

Bling · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Ok so after giving birth in 2011 to my last child I had a tubal ligation done via c-section, 2 years in after my surgery I started having problems so I coped with it for another 6 years after that I could not take it anymore so I went to see my doctor because I was bleeding for more than 15 days so she administered the depo shot and I bled for approximately 6 and a half months. So I stopped the depo and the doctor gave me a proscription for Errin birth control - worst day in my life. So after 3 months in I stopped taking the pill, now 4 months later I’m still bleeding and there are clots at this point I don’t know what to do this whole ordeal has me super depressed”

Anonymous August 13, 2019

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Amenorrhea: “I have been on Micronor for 3 years. I have migraines with aura so this was the only birth control possible for me at the time. I was 16 when I first started the pill and got very light spotting at first, then everything disappeared. I didn't get my period for 2 years, no PMS, no spotting, no nothing. I didn't gain any weight, no acne, no headache. It was bliss for 2 years, then anxiety came by. I had nausea all the time and I didn't want to eat, so I lost 15 pounds in one summer (I was 18, 5'9 and 125 pounds before). Then around November last year I started having my period again. Before the pill, I was regular and had little to no PMS, but now I had crazy nausea, headache, sore breasts and bloating for a week before I got my period. Plus, it lasted longer than before and hurt so much more. Now, I get my period every 4 to 5 days and they last 6 days. I will be switching to Kyleena (an IUD) soon. I'm giving this 9 on 10 because it gave me peace of mind for 2 years and I never got pregnant.”

Nani · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was on a different norethindrone tablet. It went on back order so the pharmacy gave me Camila brand instead. I haven’t had a period in 3 months. I did get a little acne and weight gain but I also got a cyst in my uterus. I had to switch to the mini pill because of my blood pressure. My doctor hasn’t got back to me and I am considering stopping the pill. I have wasted so much money on pregnancy tests and doctor visits. I am considering going off all birth control. I liked the no period but it kind of makes it hard to figure out if you are pregnant or not. My first doctor did a pelvic exam and said oh your period will come. If it doesn’t in 2 weeks this will be 4 months no period but also cyst in my uterus and some follicular things in my ovaries. I am gonna have to bug my doctor because she hasn’t gotten back to me. I would say don’t take this bc.”