User Reviews for Norethindrone (Page 8)

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Lyza, Tulana, Jencycla, Incassia, Norlyda, Nora-Be, Jolivette, Norlyroc, Heather, Sharobel Deblitane

Amenorrhea 6.8
Endometriosis 5.6
Birth Control 5.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.0 1,113 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Charml October 16, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been this birth control for over a month. At first I thought it was the perfect birth control. No mood swings, no weight change, no affect of weight (losing weight with exercise), no affect on breast milk supply. No bloating. Maybe a change in libido but last pregnancy that might have happened after my first baby and I wasn't taking anything. The only question I'm getting is twice now I've had horrible diarrhea/vomiting that lasts 24 hours. I never get sick and I'm on maternity leave so I'm barely in contact with people. My husband didn't get sick last time and neither did either of my kids and I kept breastfeeding my second. So I'm not contagious... I'm wondering if it's the birth control since everyone is different. It is horrible. I'm tired. Can't sleep. Stomach cramps. And crazy vomiting and diarhea and headaches. Each time I lost 3 pounds....that's how intense it is.”

Rosie · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “after a year taking this pill, I have experienced a downward spiral that I did not realize was caused by this pill. The first year it was ok. Periods were lighter, was much better than the terrible cramps, vomiting, and heavy flow I was experiencing before. My skin was so clear. No weight gain. No mood swings besides slight PMS symptoms. All of a sudden this summer I had terrible depression despite things going great. I developed an anxiety to where I felt like was literally facing a lion even though I was just walking to class. When even the slightest bit embarrassed or speaking to someone, my face would get flame red hot and flush so bad. Let it be known I am NOT a socially shy or awkward person. My acne came back FULL FORCE. 10 days cycles persisted for months. And I bled for half of the month. I would cry all the time and feel sad and anxious. The only reason I'm giving it a 2 is because I never got pregnant at least. I'M DONE! I'm done with the mini pill as of today!!”

Rosie9988 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been taking the generic version of this pill for three months now after switching from the combination pill because of high blood pressure. I loved the combo pill, but I absolutely hate this pill. For the first two months I had no bleeding at all but was so bloated and retaining so much water and my boobs were so swollen and sore I thought I was pregnant. Then in the third month I got my period in the middle of the pack and then exactly one week later I got my period again. I have noticed extreme bloating all of my body and swelling of my boobs. I’ve gained about 10 pounds of water weight from the bloat! My cramps are unbearable when I do have my period which is something I’m not used to coming from the combo pill. I’ve noticed hair loss and mood swings and my anxiety has been awful. Being on this pill is making me contemplate not taking anything at all! I do not recommend this whatsoever.”

KC · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

For Birth Control: “Gave birth end of Aug. At 6 week postpartum, obgyn put me on this due to wanting birth control but bp high, couldn't put on estrogen birth control pills . Period started Oct 1st. Told to start taking the pill October 5th. Ok I did. Well here it is October 12th, still bleeding. HEAVY bleeding, the worst cramps, headaches and just feeling blah..Filling multiple pads especally at night, leaking out. Eww! Told obgyn the day before and was told to stick it out because it takes 3 months to work. No, I'm not feeling like this anymore. Said she was going to send in brand name for this. Now double thinking and reading reviews, I may decline it. Worst pill ever. Skipped last nights pill. Will and when the heavy bleeding stop? :/”

Momof3 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 12, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I feel like I'm always having a period on this pill. One week I have cramps, then I start, one week free, then cramps again. I'm having a period every 2.5 - 3 weeks. Its ridiculous! Still having cramps, heavy periods, and I've gained 15 lbs in 2 years of being on it. I want to switch but with having a little elevation in my blood pressure they say it's the best pill for me. I hate taking it. I want to switch it go off completely..”

jordan October 8, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I switched from the combo pill to a POP (progesterone only pill) because of my migraines and the only side effect I've had so far was a little bit of cramping the first day I was on it. Surprisingly it hasn't made my acne worse and I haven't noticed any crazy weight gain. I love that I skip my periods and I haven't had any weird spotting yet like a lot of other people have reported. Very happy with Errin!”

MJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2019

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I had the worst cramps of my life while on this pill. The pain was so extreme that I vomited violently from it. Never taking it again.”

Lana · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 5, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Errin does the job . Only side effect is irregular frequent light bleeding. It's better then a real period.”

KC · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 4, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was on Erin for 1.5 months and stopped due to side effects. The first few weeks was fine, but things quickly went down hill. I was exhausted, I could get through work alright, but then passed out when I got home. I have never had bad acne and my chin line exploded with small pimples. I have really bad cramps with my period that usually subside with BC, they were back and with a vengeance. My period was also really heavy and longer that my usual periods. Thankfully, my pharmacy let me switch back to the Norethindrone pills that were unnamed. (off brand?) I had been on them for a year and a half before my insurance changed it to Erin. I am very excited to be switching back!”

Hopethishelps · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 3, 2019

For Birth Control: “I just want to say that everyone is different. Every birth control is going to act differently on different people. I love this pill. I was taking a combined pill before northindrone and the combined pill made me feel crazy, so much so that I went to the ER imagining I had blood clots because it caused such severe joint pain. Not the norethindrone pill, I have no side effects besides tender breasts the week before my period. No weight gain, no acne. My period went from lasting 7 days to now a solid 4 days and it’s essentially spotting the entirety of those 4 days. All in all this pill does it’s job... no condoms and no babies yet.”

Jazsmine10 October 1, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I love this pill. I was on Sprintec before this and that one of terrible! This pill has been good for me. I’ve lost around 10pounds.. I was 124 when I started it and 7 months later I am now at 116. I have no acne (only on my period) and my skin and hair look the same. My cramps aren’t as bad and I only get my period once a month between day 27-31 and it only last for exactly 5 days. At first I have irregular periods for about 3 months and now it’s getting on a schedule. I don’t feel depressed or sad or annoyed. I actually have PMDD and this hasn’t made it worse, it’s helped if anything. I do get massive migraines but thats nothing medicine can’t fix or a nap. I do get tired a lot and I haven’t been eating as much as I used to. Over all it’s a great pill choice and I recommend for anyone whose body can’t take estrogen like mine.”

Ree September 30, 2019

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Ok so I went thru the gauntlet of my doctor giving me the generic mini pill. It was awful. I had bouts of depression, mood swings, and had nausea so bad for months! I would go into bouts of puking and shaking with chills and shaking. Then they put me on just the name brand actual Ortho micronor, and I have been soo happy. I don't know when my period is coming, but its ok.. cuz I have no side effects. Just found out Ortho is stopping making this product!! NOT HAPPY! What are we supposed to Do??? Please help!!!”

Blue · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 29, 2019

For Birth Control: “I had the worst side effects on this mini pill. I was randomly bleeding through out the month. It was so annoying. I was spotting a lot and passing big clots. My periods was unpredictable. Some months I wouldn’t have a period and other months I had several periods. I also had ovarian cysts, insomnia, anxiety, massive weight gain, vision changes, increase in urinary frequency, high blood pressure, acid reflux, A LOT of hair loss, horrible migraines, fatigue, and nausea. My moods was always fluctuating. I found myself feeling sad and stressed out for no absolutely reason. I wish I never took this pill. It wasn’t worth it. It was just awful .”

Nice · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I am 22 I’ve been using Errin for 5 months I started taking it 3 weeks post partum. I don’t have my period ever whether I take BC or not my doctor said I had endometriosis but I mostly use for birth control. The only side effects I have are I feel super tired and lazy and I have period like cramps at the beginning of each month. I really like this does NOT cause me mood swings or anger like other BC has. Only thing I don’t like is remembering to take each day at same time. Other than that it’s great for me.”

Anonymous September 19, 2019

For Endometriosis: “This pill is the absolute worst. I only took it for 3 weeks. It broke my skin out so bad. My cycle stayed in for 9 days or more had heavy clotting and spotted several days. I wouldn’t recommend taking this pill find other alternatives for heavy cycles. For some reasons doctors say it takes a while to work but it didn’t take long for it to have a negative affect on my body.”

g · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “This birth control sucked. there are so many bad side effects. First of all I'd bleed most of the time which was SO annoying, especially when I'm sexually active. I bled for a good MONTH on this, and I promise I've been taking it consistently and on time every single day. As of right now, I'm yet again bleeding for 2 weeks now and my cramps are terrible. When I first started this birth control, I definitely noticed my depression and anxiety worsened. My periods were so irregular and unpredictable. I'm switching to the pill instead of the mini pill because this isn't it for me.”

Cat · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Norethindrone for 4 months. I currently take it for birth control while breastfeeding. Overall the drug works I have not gotten pregnant. But there has been side effects. They include: intense nauseousness in the morning, hair loss, dark urine, mood swings, no period, low sex drive, loss of appetite. With other forms of birth control I have experienced depression. I do not have it with this one but with all the other side effects I am still experiencing I don't feel it is worth it or healthy to continue taking.”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was using Norlyda because my periods are heavy, super painful and cause migraines, I stopped it due to breakthrough bleeding and acne so was then switched to Camila. A few months passed before I decided to give the Camila a try. It's been a horrible experience overall, acne, vaginal pain and cramping. Not to mention facial hair growth. I'll have to stop completely all over again and track my ovulation (which I already do). Just unfortunate that it has to be that way. I already suffer from cystic acne but I rather deal with that than be on a pill that makes it worse. My face hurts and so does my abdomen.”

Nicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been on this for 5 months, the first 3 no period at all. Called the doc, he said give it time to adjust. Um, no. Month 4 and 5 the period has been all over the place. Bleed for 4 days, stop for a week, bleed for a day or two. This has been horrible, personally. Not to mention gaining about 5-10lbs and having horrific mood swings. If you feel like carrying tampons with you everywhere you go, everyday, then this is for you. Junel, Loestrin, those are both great. I should’ve stayed on them.”

Treasure · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was put on this pill 3 months ago due to heavy bleeding - I had been bleeding since February. While on this pill I still had heavy bleeding with clots. I stuck it out hoping it would work. Haven’t taken the medicine for 7 days now and I'm still bleeding.”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 9, 2019

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Major weight gain! Holy heck!! Want to know how bad it was? There happened to be a lapse in my refill of this medication. I could not get it for almost 3 weeks. I lost almost 15 pounds. Started taking it again - boom. Weight is back. It seems so hard to believe that the 0.35mg I am on causes so much hassle. Side effects at the beginning were so bad I thought I was going insane. Massive mood swings, my breasts hurt so bad I thought I was going to die of boob-pain, back pain, horrible weight gain...I could go on and on! Also, got pregnant on this medicine even of perfect use in the first 6 months of taking this medication despite my husband "pulling out" and suffered a miscarriage. I literally had no clue I was pregnant until that happened! SCARY! I've been on all the other brand names of this medicine Errin (discontinued?) and Heather - but Jolivette is the WORST!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 9, 2019

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started this pill 7 weeks after having my daughter because I was breastfeeding. Did not notice a decrease in my supply. I have been taking it for 10 months. I've been suffering from postpartum depression and recently stopped taking the pill. I can tell a huge difference and it has been 2 weeks. Now that I think about it and read all these experiences, I see a lot of similarities. I’ve had horrible anxiety and depression, it’s been hard to lose weight! And I have experienced hair loss. I’m going to continue off the pill and figure out what next birth control I should use next.”

CC · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 7, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started taking Nora-Be over 7 years ago after having my baby. I was breastfeeding at the time and going on this mini pill made sense. Through out the past 7 years I’ve gained 37 pounds. I didn’t change my diet or exercise. I had horrible migraines and sensitivity to light. My hair was falling out like crazy. My periods were so irregular. I would have random bleeding and spotting through out the month. I had horrible mood swings and anxiety. I would feel sad and stressed out for no reason. I had bad insomnia and my blood pressure also increased. I never got pregnant though. I never ever made the connection that Nora Be could be the reason why I was experiencing all these issue. I kept going to the dr through out the years and no one made the connection either. I finally stop taking it 3 days ago. I hope it gets better for me. I’m in the process of losing weight and just being healthier. Everyone is different but I wouldn’t recommend Nora-Be.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I’ve been on this for 3 months now, and the first month was fine, but after the first month I have had 4 periods within 5 weeks, and each are 5-6 days. I have a 3-4 day break from bleeding, but then it starts up again. I’ve never experienced this before taking this birth control, and I’m done taking it!”

Nepaligirlkels · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

For Birth Control: “This contraceptive pill was recommended to me by my gyno because I get migraine headaches. I took it for 4 days and on the fifth day had to stop because of so many strange side effects. Numbness on the top of my head, swelling in calves and feet, terrible mood swings and brain fog and virtually no libido. I thought maybe it was all in my head until I read these other reviews. Maybe this works well for some people, but definitely not for me.”