User Reviews for Norethindrone (Page 7)

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Lyza, Tulana, Jencycla, Incassia, Norlyda, Nora-Be, Jolivette, Norlyroc, Heather, Sharobel Deblitane

Amenorrhea 6.8
Endometriosis 5.6
Birth Control 5.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.0 1,111 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Shee November 19, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “In January of 2018 I had my second Mirena removed. No complications or side effects, it was just time for it to be removed. Within 3 days of me having it removed, I began to bleed. Heavily and nonstop. The cramps and blood clots along with headaches and fatigue were wearing me down fast. That IUD was removed in January and I bled irregularly and soooooo heavy until April. All my life my cycles were like clockwork, never lasting more than 4 days. Having to wear tampons and heavy overnight pads only to bleed through both within an hour. My GYN had bloodwork and and ultrasound done. The ultrasound revealed I have 6 uterine fibroids, one being 2cm by itself. I have been on norethindrone for 2 1/2 months now and it has been a blessing!! It took almost 1 month for my body to adjust, but since that time.....no bleeding, no cramping, no headaches, no trouble sleeping, no weight gain.....but my doctor has told me I CANNOT be on this long term. The next step is an endometrial uterine biopsy.”

No1shellie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 15, 2019

For Birth Control: “Since I got on this at one point I had my period for like a month and a half straight and then I didn't get it for like three and then I spotted for a half hour.. I have thought I was prego almost the whole time. . Can't stand this”

Dani · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “After a nightmare experience with an IUD my doctor put me on ERRIN 0.35 strength birth control pills. I’ve been on it for two weeks now. It has improved my mood I haven’t experienced any mood swings so far, I’ve had some spotting but not heavy, I have been experiencing some headaches, cramping, nausea, lose of appetite and exhaustion. I’m trying to hang in there because I do love the fact my mood has stabilized. The main thing I worry about is how tired I am. I feel very drained and bloated. I’m going to give it at least 3-6 months to prove me so I will be back with an update around then”

Indi · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 14, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I had to start Camila birth control pill, because prior to this (a little over a year ago) I was using the pill with 2 hormones and I experienced a very heavy flow and not to be gross but huge blood globs for about 3 weeks. I am also on a blood thinner because of previous experience with blood clots in my left leg. My gyno said it would be best if I either went on Camila or used an IUD, since being pregnant isn't in the cards right now. So about a year ago I switched to Camila. I haven't noticed any weight gain like I experienced with the depo shot or hunger cravings like with other birth control, so that's one reason I like this pill. I have been stressed out lately, stupid family drama but I missed my most recent period. So of course I freaked out. Took several pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. Went to my gyno and she tested me saying yes you aren't pregnant. And went on to explain that since I've been on Camila everyday for almost a yr, my period might disappear often.”

Nature Pixie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 10, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “After starting my birth control I started having severe migraines. I stopped taking the birth control months ago. I had an MRI back in April which discovered that I have Idiopathic intracranial hypertension, extra fluid around the brain that causes severe pressure. After doing research I found out that certain birth control pills cause this rare disease. Companies fail to put this terrible side effect on their packaging. They may want to fix that before the law suits start coming. This rare disease I have from taking birth control pills causes severe migraines, vision problems; possibly blindness, vomiting, dizziness, etc.”

EmGriff · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Not sure how I feel about Errin. I’ve been taking it for 3 months and I haven’t had my period and I’m super paranoid that I’m pregnant. I’ve had irregular spotting , bloated, and cramps, but It does help with not giving me migraines”

MissChelle36 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2019

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I'm 36 years old. Was on Nuvaring and loved it, but after being off it for while, then when I went back on it it was giving me upset stomach . So we tried this Norlyda pill . I have horrible PMS and PMDD. My symptoms leading up are worse than anything during my actual period. First month was fine. Now I'm on month 3 and never know when my period is going to be. I bleed on and off and once for 2 weeks. Which was told that's shedding the lining of the uterus. I just still don't feel like its helped much. But just wait and see.”

Jujubee · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 2, 2019

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “When I first started on Camila in 2014, yes, I bled a lot over several months. I was going through a divorce and had a lot of stress anyway. I had lost 10 lbs in two months when I first started. I thought that was appropriate, since the estrogen pills made me gain it. I stayed like that for about three years. Then, all of a sudden, it seemed like the formula changed. The packaging sure changed. I started gaining weight and bleeding again. I am a marathon runner and also gym rat who watches what she eats, so I didn't understand the weight gain. I don't know if I can get back on this one, but I have been trying others of the same active ingredients (trying each for at least four months). The weight gain just won't stop and I will do anything to have Camila work like it used to. All the reviews are so mixed. I am onto Heather to see if it will take the weight off. If not, I don't know what I will do....”

Jory · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 1, 2019

Deblitane (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I have been on this Birthcontrol for a year and here these past few months my periods have been always been really heavy and migraines are bad... but now my periods have all of a sudden gotten really light and now this month I haven’t gotten a period... really weird. I noticed I’ve been spotting a lot past couple months after I’ve had my period. It’s weird how I’m having problems after a year of taking Deblitane.”

Kris · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been on Errin for 5 years. Got off it to have my son, got back on it and have no issues. I skip my periods a lot, no hair loss no weight gain. Nada.”

Shaliah · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’m 26, first time taking birth control and I was prescribed this. Before birth control I would have missed periods or light periods. This birth control made my period extremely heavy and long period, pain all the time and now I have a cyst! Can’t wait until this is fully out of my system! Please do not take this birth control. It is horrible.”

Jomahma · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2019

Heather (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I had been bleeding for about two months and the doctor originally prescribed the combo pill, which made me feel off balanced. I was switched to this pill Heather and almost immediately it stopped the bleeding. I think our bodies are all different, so what works for one person may not work for another. I'm just relieved I found this medication.”

mazzyystarr October 27, 2019

Tulana (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I have been taking this birth control now for about three weeks. I was extremely hesitant to start another birth control. I’ve been on three different types of birth controls. The combo pill, the shot, and the patch. The patch and pill caused extreme nausea and vomiting, as well as diarrhea and weakness. I quit taking the shot because I was worried about how it caused bone density. I was off all types of birth controls for over a year and finally decided to start Tulana. The progestin only pill. I love it. No negative side effects, my periods are lighter. Very grateful for this pill!!”

aa98 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2019

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been taking micronor for around 4 months now, it’s the first birth control method I have ever taken and was prescribed it because of a close family history of blood clots (caused by yasmin) so estrogen containing methods were a no go for me. I’ve had very minor side effects, periods are always on time and regular to little bleeding, no spotting during the month and my mood has stayed stable. I have zero cramping on my period, whereas before I started the pill I would have a few mild cramps. However, I have started to have more common instances of dry eyes, and very very painful back pain that makes me feel as though I’m suffering from osteoporosis as well as very mild breast pain and growth. However, these are side effects of the pill and could be expected. All in all I’m thoroughly glad I made the decision to go with Micronor as the side effects are very minimal and I have not gotten pregnant.”

Fee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2019

For Birth Control: “This is the first birth control I’ve ever been on. I got on it because I was having bad cramps. For the first 3 months it was horrible. I would throw up if I took medicine, even ones as simple as Tylenol. I would throw up often. It would give me horrible anxiety and racing thoughts that I couldn’t control. But it stopped my period and I’m not pregnant. Then from 3 to 6 months on it started out fine. I don’t throw up anymore. But I have horrible racing thoughts still, thoughts I can’t control, which is absolutely abnormal to me. I’ve never experienced this much anxiety. I’ve been bleeding for about a month, just spotting, even tho I take my pill correctly. When it good it’s fine. When it’s bad it’s horrible.”

MsKlassy515 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 25, 2019

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “This birth control is garbage and I don’t recommend anyone take it unless you don’t care about getting pregnant. I used this pill Jencycla exactly on time everyday for 4 months and now I’m pregnant again. I’m beyond mad thankfully I’m married and not single. Please stay away from generic candy.”

Sarah · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2019

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Before I got on this pill, I looked up the reviews and was terrified from all the terrible things I read, but my gyne highly recommended it for me and I’m happy she did. I’ve been on this pill for about two months now and my experience has been great. Before getting on this pill, I would have terrible heavy periods that came along with cramps, acne, tender breasts, and mood swings. I have not gotten my period at all since starting it, only spotting with minor cramps. And I have not had any other terrible side effect. I would say give it a try because not everyone’s body is the same.”

Almost40 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 24, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been on this for 7 months now and very happy. No period and lost 15 pounds since I've been on it but I am the the type that tends to gain weight with the extra estrogen. I've noticed hair loss, but that also comes with age and stress...so I cannot say it is because of the pills.”

Two Cents · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “So, I realize everyone's body reacts differently to things, but I just wanted to say that overall this pill has worked well for me. I HATED it at first. My bleeding was really severe, I had no sex drive, and I was super moody. I gave it some time and after 6 months, it works like a charm. I have occasional spotting, but overall my periods have stopped, which is a blessing for me since I have PCOS. My sex drive is doing better, as is my mood. My only complaints are some acne and fatigue. Overall, I'm glad that I gave this pill time to work. Hope this helps!”

Tanya · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2019

For Birth Control: “So I see a lot of bad reviews on here but I couldn’t wait to finish one month of pills to post my GOOD review! Every woman’s body is different . I have had a great experience with this pill. However, I am different because the last time I was on birth control was 8 years ago, I was on the Depo shot until it made me gain tons of weight and I never got a period which I didn’t like. So my body was clear of extra hormones by the time I started NORE. I was skeptical because of these reviews but I told myself if I hate it then I’ll discontinue it but now it’s been 1 1/2 months and I love it! The first two weeks I had minor side effects as my body was adjusting to it. The effects I had was minor nausea that lasted like 5-10 mins, tender breast, and a few headaches. Very happy!”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 18, 2019

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started taking Nora-Be in January of 2018 for my periods (horrible cramps and heavy periods) and for birth control. Since I've been taking this I haven't really noticed any bad side effects, except maybe my weight gain. In 16 months I have gained 30 pounds. Other than that I haven't had any bad mood swings, acne (other than what I normally have gotten my whole life). I can't take regular birth control with both hormones because there is a history of blood clots in my family. Overall I like this medication. its helped my bleeding and cramping so much.”

Anonymous October 18, 2019

Norlyda (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've just recently restarted this BC. I took it for years after being switching from Kariva which gave me migraines 4x a week. With Norlyda I hardly get any migraines. My periods are few and far between if any. My skin breaks out here and there but I feel like Norlyda helps a little. I'm underweight for my height and wish Norlyda would help me gain a lil weight but hasn't. Overall good experience on this BC.”

IVFercc · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

“Was prescribed this and estrodiol for birth control for an FET (frozen embryo transfer). I have taken estrodial before no issues. I took 2 of the norethindrone and 1 estrodial as per my doctor's instructions. About 1 hour later, I started to feel numbness in my face, then neck, then left side of body then my back of my head felt like an icy fire. I called me doctor and told to stop. My FET is also at a stop. I have to go to my primary doctor to now get medical clearance to continue. I am almost 99% sure it was norethindrone .”

Charml October 16, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been this birth control for over a month. At first I thought it was the perfect birth control. No mood swings, no weight change, no affect of weight (losing weight with exercise), no affect on breast milk supply. No bloating. Maybe a change in libido but last pregnancy that might have happened after my first baby and I wasn't taking anything. The only question I'm getting is twice now I've had horrible diarrhea/vomiting that lasts 24 hours. I never get sick and I'm on maternity leave so I'm barely in contact with people. My husband didn't get sick last time and neither did either of my kids and I kept breastfeeding my second. So I'm not contagious... I'm wondering if it's the birth control since everyone is different. It is horrible. I'm tired. Can't sleep. Stomach cramps. And crazy vomiting and diarhea and headaches. Each time I lost 3 pounds....that's how intense it is.”

Rosie · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “after a year taking this pill, I have experienced a downward spiral that I did not realize was caused by this pill. The first year it was ok. Periods were lighter, was much better than the terrible cramps, vomiting, and heavy flow I was experiencing before. My skin was so clear. No weight gain. No mood swings besides slight PMS symptoms. All of a sudden this summer I had terrible depression despite things going great. I developed an anxiety to where I felt like was literally facing a lion even though I was just walking to class. When even the slightest bit embarrassed or speaking to someone, my face would get flame red hot and flush so bad. Let it be known I am NOT a socially shy or awkward person. My acne came back FULL FORCE. 10 days cycles persisted for months. And I bled for half of the month. I would cry all the time and feel sad and anxious. The only reason I'm giving it a 2 is because I never got pregnant at least. I'M DONE! I'm done with the mini pill as of today!!”