User Reviews for Bystolic to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 8)

Bystolic Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Bystolic

Anonymous July 23, 2009

“I am a 59 year old female, a diabetic. I was on this drug for 3 days and my glucose went up to 300. I went off imediately and it took 5 days to get my glucose undercontrol. I would caution any diabetic not to take this drug. Discuss with the Doctor before taking.”

ccaspersmith July 18, 2009

“While on Bystolic my feet and arms were numb. My blood sugars became severely elevated from 112 glucose up to 249. This blood pressure pill is not a good choice for my diabetic condition. I was only on Bystolic for one week and now eight weeks later I am still suffering from foot and heel pain. However, going back on Vasotec my blood sugars have dropped back down to 112.”

Big Tex July 11, 2009

“I was placed on Bystolic and Flecainade to control atrial flutter. It took three weeks for this combination to work but it did and my heart rhythms became stable and stayed that way. I later had an ablation, which cured my Atrial flutter and Atrial fibrillation. I experienced several of the common side effects: low libido, near impotence, and chronic diarrhea, which has resisted all efforts to correct. Recently I decided to discontinue it and did so. Pulse went from 70 to mid-80's and blood pressure crept up so did a taper per the literature. After being off it for a week, pulse rates as high as low 90s, blood pressure going up daily to 140's. Have started taking it again. This medicine is quite difficult to get off. Keep this in mind when considering whether to take it.”

Anonymous May 2, 2009

“I have been on Bystolic for two months. I was previously on metoprolol and had to discontinue due to the shortage. My blood pressure immediately stabilized, while on Bystolic, and is running now in the 120/80 range which has not been in 10 years. I experienced some dizziness the first couple of weeks but that has gone now. My PVC's are controlled but slightly more than on metoprolol. The most significant thing is that headaches and eye twitching I was having disappeared within two days of being off metoprolol and on Bystolic. I never realized they were being caused by the metoprolol. I have also switched from Naprosyn to Advil. While contraindicated with a beta blocker I could not do without an antinflamatory - Advil had less negative effects on blood pressure.”

Anonymous April 26, 2009

“I am a 34 year old mother of 4, with high blood pressure that completely limited my life. On this medication in 4 days my pressure dropped from 140/110 to 106/65 with very little variation. I also dropped 9.5lbs because I have energy to move. I too need 10 hours of sleep but with that I have energy to do more things. I don't have the tense feeling. ”

Anonymous March 20, 2009

“I have had high blood pressure for 13 years now. I am a 45 year old African American Female. I have been on every combination I can think of. About 60 days ago I was taken off of 100mg of atenolol and put on Bystolic 10mg. I feel much better. I have energy, my heart does not palpitate like it used to and my blood pressure went from 149-140S /90-88D to 117/124 - 75/80. I'm very happy. It's much more expensive than my other medicines but I'm willing to pay the price to spend more time with my family and friends. ”

Atlanta March 18, 2009

“I've tried 11 different blood pressure medications and finally found one that has helped. I have been taking Bystolic now for 3 months with out any major side effects. I occasionally feel a little anxious, I'm normally a laid back person, so I'm not sure if this is because of Bystolic. I will continue to monitor and see what happens.”

jdawn March 6, 2009

“I took Bystolic for about 7 months, but had to discontinue because of side effects. One of the many side effects I suffered was severe anxiety. I was only able to take 2.5mg and my blood pressure was not controlled.”

Anonymous February 21, 2009

“I was getting sporadic bouts of extreme diarrhea and didn't realize why until I checked the side effects of this drug. I'm only on 5mg.”

Jjeni February 4, 2009

“Mitral Valve Prolapse - Keeps my heart rate down as I am prone to heart attacks and aneurysms due to the Mitral Valve.”

Barney2B January 30, 2009

“Since switching to Bystolic from atenolol I have experienced my arms falling asleep at night and light headedness. Coreg CR made me cloudy in thinking, felt like a rubber band was around my chest, and I didn't feel as calm as when I was taking atenolol. I switched from atenolol to Coreg CR so I could overcome the wall I would hit while pushing cardio-excercise to the limit. I felt great everyday all day long on atenolol.”

geo-rich December 27, 2008

“Bystolic is effective in reducing my blood pressure. It seems to have a calming effect that I like.”

Sweetfury November 11, 2008

“I was having premature ventricular contractions. While I have only been on this drug a few days, I am noticing a lessening of the PVC's and actually starting to feel better. I also take spironolactone at a low dose. The only side effect I am noticing is a feeling of anxiety which I cannot directly connect with this drug. I have not had problems with driving or any other activities. This is also the first blood pressure medicine that has not left me lightheaded or dizzy. So far so good! Let's hope this one has a long term safety record as I'd like to stay on this one.”

noradagne November 8, 2008

“I am 89 years old today. My doctor and I have been working deligently for at least two years to find the right combination to lower my high blood press. I experienced the worst side effects of each. Several months ago he combined Bystolic, Benica, Spironilactone and Norvasc. My blood pressure is holding a very comfortable 130/135 over 60/66. Side effects seem to be I require 8 to 10 hours sleep at night. That I am not used to. I am clearing up a rash,which I believe is from Toprol. Other than that I believe I am being plagued with that A.G.E. disease; can't avoid that one.”

audioguy October 15, 2008

“I am a 50 year old male. I did not have a heart attack but did get three drug coated stents. Since I started taking Bystolic there has been a big improvement in my life. Blood pressure was controlled and I do not need a nap at 4pm every day. Thank You Bystolic.”

PAUL W September 22, 2008

“I found that I was able to loose wieght while I was using this drug. I found that only 5 mg was plenty for me. I have had two heart attacks, the first they put in a coated stent and 18 months later I had my second with a blood clot in the stent. I like taking this drug.”

Anonymous July 22, 2008

“I am a 29 year old Arab-American with stage 1 hypertension. My mom has high blood pressure and my grandma had it also. I have been on Bystolic for 1 week and my blood pressure has gone from 130/100 to 120/80. I hope it continues. So far so good.”

Anonymous May 6, 2008

“I am a 40 yr old African American female. I have had uncontrolled high blood pressure for over 7 yrs and it has caused slight damage to the left side of my heart. I am seeing a cardiologist who has tried about 7 different medications within the last year to treat my condition. March, this year, they gave me samples of Bystolic 10mg to take along with my 300/25 Avalide daily. At first, the results looked very promising; however this medication was recently approved in Jan. 2008.”