User Reviews for Aleve

Tendonitis 8.3
Summary of Aleve reviews 7.1 130 reviews

Reviews for Aleve

Your huckleberry · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2020

For Gout, Acute: “Aleve works really well for my gout induced knee pain. I have diarrhea today but not convinced the aleve is what caused it. Just being able to walk again is a Godsend.”

Romantic August 4, 2020

For Tendonitis: “I had an acute pain on my right side leg and hip. A friend recommended Aleve for the pain. I tried it tonight and after 30 mins I started feeling less pain. After 2 hours, zero pain. I had the pain from 1-10 . 11 that's how severe it was. Only took one pill.”

Rob · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

For Back Pain: “I had real lower back muscle pain for two weeks. Dr gave me Cyclbenzaprine-- not good. Saw an Aleve commercial on TV, it was a back pain reliever. Within 15 minutes of taking it sharp pain was reduced dramatically. That's all I can tell you. I still am on it and have no bad comments.”

Carmel · Taken for 10 years or more April 5, 2020

For Headache: “I been taking Aleve since 2003. It helps releave My mingraines. This drug is a god sent.”

Beatle Jim February 29, 2020

For Back Pain: “I've worked hard all my life. I've had disk problems in my back for 4 years now. My doctors given me this and that...but nothing really worked. I've been using Aleve now and it really takes the edge off!!!”

Kaitlin February 25, 2020

For Headache: “It has been 20 minutes and my headache still hasn't gone away but it did take my back pain away.”

Kg · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2019

For Pain: “I have taken Aleve for several different pain conditions knee pain, back pain, joint pain, headaches and it does absolutely nothing. I get more pain relief from taking nothing! Sad! This medication is a waste of money.”

C Temptation October 27, 2019

For Back Pain: “I have osteoarthitis in both of my hips, knees, and two herniated discs in my lower back, I go to the gym three times a week and at times, those areas will get sore, after taking the Aleve for back and muscle pain, it relieve it great!”

Fini · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 9, 2019

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I was prescribed by my Rheumy to take Sulfasalazine 500 mg tab 4 times a day since October 2018, when I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. I have also taken Naproxen 375mg as needed. I’m a 72 years old woman still working full time in front of a computer all day and sometimes my back and neck pain is unbearable. The only thing that reduces my pain is taking Aleve gels before I leave for work as Sulfasalazine nor Naproxen have done enough.”

Vee · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

For Pain: “Aleve does nothing for me. I bought some because people, including doctors, constantly tell me how good it is for all kinds of pain. It does NOTHING for me. I've used it for headaches, neck pain, joint pain - zero pain relief. Two Advil are way, way more effective. I feel like I've wasted money on a completely useless drug. Won't ever buy it again.”

Tryingtolove22 · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2019

For Headache: “I purchased liquid capsules Aleve for a headache. I took 2 and I didn't experience any relief at all over a 10 hour period. The pills are very large, but the gel capsule made swallowing easier. I wouldn't purchase these again.”

Peener · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 6, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Gouty arthritis: fair Arthritic shoulder: good”

syd · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

For Headache: “It helped my headache just a little. I really need to find a better headache medicine.”

deedles · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2019

For Period Pain: “This medicine works excellent for my period pain. Ibuprofen works good, but not as good as Aleve does. I am very happy. I never tried it for my headaches.”

Hannah · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2019

For Period Pain: “Aleve takes away almost all of the pain. More helpful than any other drug or method I’ve tried to help with period pain.”

sparta197 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2019

For Period Pain: “Aleve is the ONLY drug that has worked for my horrible period pain!”

tommy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2019

For Pain: “I broke my wrist. There was a terrible amount of swelling in my entire hand. The was pain just touching it. I started taking Aleve. Two pills a day and the swelling went down in my fingers and thumb. I started taking three a day(the maximum) and the swelling went down in the back of my hand. I can see my knuckles for the first time in three months. I can start get strength in the hand to go back to work.”

ken · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2019

For Back Pain: “I have been taking norco 5mg a day for a bad lower back pain and of course this really did remove all pain. But many countries don't have this drug so my pharmacy said to try Aleve. I was so surprised that I still can't believe that it took 95% of my pain away. I travel with Aleve and won't have problems in bringing drugs into other countries.”

Bunny · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 29, 2019

For Period Pain: “I've never had a bad experience with Aleve for period pain. I take it before my period even starts but if I do get cramps the day of, I can pop one, take a nap, and the pain is gone!”

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2019

For Period Pain: “I have stage 4 Endometriosis and in turn have terrible period cramps. I took Advil for years, but found that it always made me nauseous and just feel really out of it. I finally took the suggestion on my friends who has bad period pain and took Aleve. I take 2 at the first sign of cramps and find that the relief lasts awhile. I use to take 4 extra strength liquid advils in 24 hours, now I can take 1-2 regular Aleves' and I don't get nauseous or feel weird.”

Danny · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 15, 2019

For Tendonitis: “Aleve is fantastic for tendonitis in my Achilles' tendons. You'd have a fight on your hands if you took my Aleve away from me! :)”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

For Back Pain: “Aleve back and muscle pills are garbage they don't work. Purchased the product twice and both times they did nothing even after taking 3 both times straight garbage should discontinue product rip off with a hyped up name.”

1_kat_ · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2018

For Headache: “Took 3 Aleve liqued gels within 2 hrs and it progressive made my headache worse and I had an event to go to later that evening too. Not very reliable. Advil works more effectively even if I have to take 3+”

Lee October 8, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: “2013/14 took 2 Aleve every a.m. for knees. I found myself feeling weak - like going to pass out. Went to primary next day. Checked blood count and did the rectal blood. Told my SO to get me to emergency now. Blood count 7 and needed transfusion. Had endoscopy. Released after 3 days -blood normal. Told to see gastro upon my release. Over the next week had colonoscopy, intestinal exam, and lastly capsule endoscopy - swallow a small capsule camera to film 8 hours going through my body. Dr and I reviewed the results. Three places in intestines indicated bleeding - I could see them. He asked me food or meds I was taking - Aleve had caused the bleeding as it is a NSAID. I can't take any NSAID and nothing with aspirin in it or I may bleed. So now I basically live w/o taking anything for pain. ALEVE - Read the package - very small print - may cause BLEEDING.”

shukrani12 · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2018

For Period Pain: “This is my first time using Aleve and it has worked wonders for me. I cannot believe how well it has worked so far! I have had severe cramps since I was 12 years and have tried so many pain relievers that haven't worked so well. I took 2 pills about 20 minutes after I started cramping and 20 minutes later, I was all good! For 24 hours! The third day is usually my worst but I took two pills and I was good for about 17 hours then I took 1 pill and I was good for another 9 hours. And it doesn't make me nauseated! So glad I found this, I just hope it keeps on working like this.”