User Reviews for Moxifloxacin (Page 7)

Also known as: Avelox, Avelox I.V.

Pneumonia 8.3
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1.0
Summary of Moxifloxacin reviews 6.6 187 reviews

Reviews for Moxifloxacin

Anonymous November 17, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “After years of sinus infections my germs sneer at the usual antibiotics. Augmentin and Ceftin do nothing, in fact I got more sick everyday on Ceftin. Avelox has been the magic bullet for me and I really don't have any side effects. This doesn't mean someone out there won't be allergic to it, but I am not. Relief begins within hours of the first dose.”

thrilled so far! November 14, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “A week after I had the H1N1 "swine" flu, I was having trouble breathing (bronchitis or pneumonia?) and the ER doctor prescribed 400 mg Avelox for six days. By the third day I was breathing much clearer, and now at day five it seems I can breathe deeper than I think I have in years. In fact, I think my lungs are a little sore from the good deep-breathing exercise! A great benefit has been that the Avelox has also been clearing up a chronic sinus infection that I've had for years (even after surgery) - the pressure headache is gone, and the post-nasal drip is barely noticeable now. I am not having any side effects that I can attribute directly to the medicine that I know of. So far so good; thank you Avelox!”

Anonymous November 4, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “It was a very effective drug, however, the side effects listed made it a bit scary to take, but it all worked out in the end.”

Anonymous October 29, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Effective, however, the painful sensation of my knees is less than desirable!”

PCPatti October 29, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Yes, It works! However, the side effects are horrible. Light-headed and majorly dizzy, to the point where I was very uncomfortable driving. This is the 2nd time I've used it and the same results each time. Caused me to call out of work for a whole week until the side affect were gone.”

Ashlei October 22, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “So far I'm on day two and my coughing has almost stopped. I've had a cough for 3 weeks, but it got worse almost overnight with a fever of 102 and chills three days ago. My doctor said I had a sinus infection, upper respiratory infection, and bronchitis. I can already tell this antibiotic really works, with only a little dizziness for a side effect.”

Anonymous October 21, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I was put on Avelox after Augmentum didn't work over a period of time and my symptoms were worsening. I had relief within twenty four hours. I have found that Biaxin XL works well too if it is prescribed immediately instead of wasting time with Augmentin or Ceftin. Avelox is a big gun though, and should really only be used if other antibiotics fail.”

theles October 19, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I am on day 5 of ten days @ 400mg for pneumonia/bronchitis/sinusitis. I am also taking codeine syrup as needed for cough and pain. Each day I have noticed improvement in the infection in my sinuses and lungs, which means it is, so far, quite worth it for me. The side effects for me are drowsiness for about 4-5 hours after taking the pill, then some nervousness and jitteriness after the drowsiness wears off. No other side effects. So, for me, it has been a very effective medicine, without enough side effects to override the clear benefits. I have been avoiding: dairy, taking vitamins. I've been eating foods such as oatmeal, apples, granola bars, chicken noodle soup, etc. Have had no stomach problems, nausea, etc.”

Healthyandhappy October 12, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I suffer from sinusitis probably 3-4 times a year and everytime I go to my regular doctor he would prescribe, amoxicillin. I found this drug to take up to 2-3 days to begin its effect, but also had to deal with 3 tablets a day for 10 days. Recently I contracted it, and amoxicillin failed to rid me of my sickness so my doctor gave me avelox. This is my third day on it and almost all the symptoms have disappeared. Probably the only problem I've experienced with this is mild-moderate nausea when first ingesting the pill. This lasted anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Other than that, even on the first day I could feel myself feeling better. Definitely will choose this route next time.”

Thesky September 24, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “Wonder drug in my opinion. It cleared me up in 2.5 days and I discontinued use. I almost didn't believe I actually WAS sick in the first place because of how quickly it worked... I thought maybe it was allergy? Skeptic and Non- compliant patient, I know. It came back 3 weeks later.... I'm not as successful this time around.... day 4 and not much relief yet... but I WILL continue the 10 days this time. I learned my lesson.”

Anonymous September 20, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I know everybody's body is different and reacts differently to medications but after the second dose I was tingly all over, headache, severe anxiety, muscle aches, weakness, tired, dry mouth, impulsiveness. Just be careful!”

Aveloxsux September 19, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I took one pill and had a severe allergic reaction to it in less than a half hour. It started with stomach pain, blood in the stool, rash, swelling and shortness of breath. I had a seizure, my husband called the ambulance and ended up in the hospital. Scary experience and I want to let everyone know how horrible this drug is.”

Anonymous September 2, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I am 32 yrs old, and have no allergies to anything. After taking this drug I had depression, hallucinations and very odd thoughts, and felt no consequences to anything I did...so I looked up the side effects, and I had almost everyone. I went to another doctor and she advised me that this drug has profound mental side effects in adults.”

Anonymous July 14, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “I have taken moxifloxacin for 2 days so far - and NO SIDE EFFECTS! In fact, I FINALLY feel normal and healthy again. I wanted to die of flu symptoms before I took Avelox. I took Amoxicillin for 8 days (prior to Avelox), which did NOTHING! I went to my doctor, desperate, and he prescribed me 5 days of Avelox. I have taken 2, no side effects, and FINALLY FINALLY feel well again. I was sick for OVER 2 weeks, flu, SEVERE body aches, SEVERE sore throat/majorly swollen glands on right side of neck, SEVERE earache right side, fever, headache - MISERABLE! AVELOX FIXED ME. THANK you Doctor. THANK you AVELOX! Just educate yourself on precautions! There are many things you need to do (take in morning, don't take with certain medicines).”

Anonymous July 7, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I tried so many antibiotics for a sinus infection that lasted over 3 months. My doctor finally decided to prescribe Avelox because it is one of the stronger antibiotics (at least that is what she told me). Within 3 days I honestly could feel relief. I was so happy to have finally found something that worked. About 1 1/2 years later I had another sinus infection and my doctor put me on Avelox right way. Again, within 2-3 days there was so much relief. I never had any side effects that I knew of.”

Anonymous May 25, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Intraabdominal Infection: “Day 4 of 5 for a urinary tract infection. I had pretty bad diarrhea with mild nausea on day 3. Painful and smelly urine stopped on day 3. No diarrhea or nausea on day 4. Pretty good medicine.”

Anonymous May 17, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “This antibiotic made my heart race so much that I didn't sleep the first night. Called my doctor the next day and he changed the medicine because that side effect wasn't one that I could live with.”

Anonymous April 7, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I suffer from COPD. When I get a respiratory infection of any kind it is a big problem. When I take Avelox the symptoms are gone before they get out of hand, 2 or 3 doses and I feel great again. Personally, I have not experienced any side effects. Have used the drug 3 times now.”

Anonymous March 22, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “Very effective, improved breathing in first two doses. On the 3 and 4th day too strong, making me feel sick again and causing diarrhea.”

Anonymous March 7, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I have chronic sinusitis and have taken many different antibiotics including cefazolin, erythromycin, azithromycin, augmentin, and ampicillin. I have never felt the nearly immediate relief with any of these that I felt when I took Avelox.”

Anonymous February 1, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “The first two days of taking Avelox were the worst for me; terrible headache and weakness. On the third day the headache was not as severe. I ended up having an upset stomach for the entire ten days. However, I can breath better but I did look forward to taking that last pill.”

Patient7 January 28, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I have chronic inflammation of my lungs and get bronchitis easily. I recently had the worst episode .... I took 17 days of Avelox. I am finally feeling human again. I don't like the side effects too much, but mitigate them by taking potassium (orange in the a.m. and banana in p.m., sometimes a 99 mg supplement). I also eat yogurt with extra acidophillus in the evening and take calcium/magnesium/Vitamin D before bedtime to prevent cramping. That along with potassium prevents cramping. ”

sameolddave November 28, 2008

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “Great for sinus infections and bronchitis, but it appears to lose its effectiveness after repeated uses. I had to try something else. Nonetheless, I particularly like its lack of side effects.”

Anonymous November 26, 2008

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “The side effects are very strong for me while taking this however, I don't ever remember breathing this good. I feel like there are parts of my lungs that haven't seen air in years.”

UKBr November 16, 2008

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Prostatitis: “I had a terrible case of Chronic Prostatitis caused by enterococcus. All antibiotics that this bacteria was sensitive to would not enter the protaste gland properly. My doctor prescribed 6 others antibiotics before Avelox. Thank God Avelox killed this nasty infection. I had to take it for 6 weeks. After the second week I was feeling normal again (after 10 months of fighting). Magic little red pills.”