User Reviews for Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack

Vaginal Yeast Infection 21 reviews 64 medications

5.9
Summary of Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack reviews 21 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Went out & bought a 3 day pack -I'm 5 months pregnant & was recommended by pharmacist. Came home, and insertion alone made me burst into tears. Not sure if bc I'm so raw/swollen or due to the medication. However, I bought the anti-itch /anti-burning wipes and quickly went over the affected area. That seemed to have helped with the burning and itching. I grabbed an ice pack (wrapped in a towel) and have been sitting on it -Which has helped A LOT! everything is cold and numb, lol... RELIEF TO THE FULLEST! About 45 minutes after insertion and having the ice pack numb me up... I applied the topical cream that comes with the 3 day combo pack. Its been about 2 hours & I am not burning or itching!"

Sourdough❤ (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my 3rd time using the Monistat 3 day ovules over the past 5 years or so and I swear by them! They always clear up my YI. Relatively inexpensive and easier than going to the doctor to get a prescription. Reading these reviews blows my mind a little because I've never experienced extreme burning, to be honest I barely know they are there. I insert them right before I go to bed and have absolutely no discomfort or issues. Maybe try doing this to prevent burning so the ovules dissolve and absorb while you are lying down instead of dripping out if you are sitting up or walking around. If you've experienced burning or are worried about burning I would say go to the doctor and get oral diflucan but I can vouch it isn't always painful."

Nursecourtney (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "The applicators for these ovules is very sharp around the top edge and it kind of hurt during insertion, but I managed it for the first 2 days. It does burn but not too bad, but it really did NOT help the itching very much and neither did the external cream. I could not get the third ovule in on day 3 because the applicator was so sharp and actually made me bleed a little. I will NOT buy this product again. I would maybe try the pre-filled cream applicators if those aren't as sharp; maybe the cream would help the itch more."

Itchy Lady (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "First time using this product. I applied the cream the same night as using the ovule before bed. It did not burn or itch at all. Although the morning after the ovule started leaking out so there had been profuse burning and itching. So I'm having to sit with no pants airing it out hoping it does settle down. Not sure about the product. Maybe just cause it's the first day."

Reti33 (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I recommend this product, it works!! I'm experiencing my first YI and I'm 18. You have to tolerate some burning, itching and swelling but it's all good. First night, I cried myself to sleep. The burning and itching made me want to rip my hair out! The second night wasn't so bad, only burning I had was when the cream started dripping and coming out. I went to sleep just fine. I'm on the third night now and no burning or itching! A little swelling on my vuvla but I'm glad it's over. I know that my yeast infection is gone! I recommend taking bendryl a couple minutes before you install the cream in though. Great results though."

ladybug328 June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I've tried monistat before and like a lot of other people are saying, my vagina was on FIRE. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I sat in my bath tub and bawled my eyes out for about an hour and swore I'd never use it again. BUT it did work. Also, the first time I used it I was up and walking around and I felt the ovule come out of me. That's when the burning went CRAZY. So, I got another yeast infection and I went ahead and got Monistat again. This time I took it right before bed as it says to and I had NO itching or burning whatsoever. Not sure if this is helpful but maybe try not getting up and walking around much."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have used this medication for years I have had YI since I was 17 I am now 61. Must confess I do preference the oral pill but I did not have time to go to the doctors she would not give me a Prescription unless I went into see her. Just told me to buy the 3 day treatment. Yes it does burn not sure why but by the second day I was feeling a lot better I am on my third does this evening fingers crossed it has taken care of my problem"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I usually use Canesten, which is clotrimazole, but for some reason bought the miconozole nitrate this time. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital to get them to get the cream out of me. It burned and itched so badly I've never felt anything so horrible in my life and I've given birth 3 times. I ended up running a bath and trying to wash it out of me. I thought I was going to throw up. This is a horrible, horrible product. I read that using tampons will decrease the effectiveness of the medication because they absorb it, so I currently have a tampon in to try to help. I also took a benedryl for the swelling and irritation from the external cream."

Anonymous May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I gave this product a 9 purely on the fact that it did in fact hurt like hell using it the first night. It was VERY uncomfortable the first treatment, burning, itching, painful. Remember, I would assume the amount of pain that's caused is based on how bad the infection is. Being pregnant (24 weeks), I tried to wait it out without medication and couldn't. A few things to mention....The first nights treatment sucks, its uncomfortable, painful, and lasts a little while (maybe an hour), but it does subside and you're able to sleep. Because I'm pregnant, I do wake up at least twice a night to pee and the first wake up I had there was no more pain, itching or burning (RELIEF). That was worth the uncomfortable hour I had. STICK WITH IT, trust me!"

MommaShiplett May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I am one of the very lucky ones. I did not experience any pain or burning from Monistat. I had a yeast infection(first time) and after tons of research I decided to self diagnose and went out and bought monistat 3. No I don't recommend self diagnosing unless you know your body inside out. When I initially put the ovule in it was easy to insert and I didn't feel anything. I read a couple of reviews that swore against the cream Monistat provides with the combination pack so I bought a Vagisil cream instead. It burned a little upon application but I didn't experience any burning from the actual ovule. To those of you reading this wanting to ditch the itch but you're scared you might burn go to your doctor and opt for the medicine."

MsKariBaby (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Absolutely recommend suppositories over cream! This is my second YI in my lifetime and the first time I used the 3 day cream monistat. Worst mistake ever! Never again. It makes the burning & itching 1000x worse but it did clear the YI up for me. Should have read the reviews before . But this time a year later I bought the ovules or suppositories & I inserted about an hour ago & so far only a little bit of tingling but it feels like it is working."

Guest23308658374 April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I was about to call 911 first night due to the fire fire fire! I also used the cream that came with it to relieve the itching and now I am feeling worse. After reading all these comments I am afraid of taking the next two night treatments. Afraid of what may happen later on tonight. There has to be a number or something to call and report this."

JenRod (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Works just fine for me."

Krisslash April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I was literally terrified to insert this on day one because of reviews saying that the pain was excruciating. Just wondering if you guys had a severe infection and irritation down there or something when you used it cause I felt 0 pain or discomfort at all. And I had really worked myself up before inserting it cause I was so scared about the possible pain. Monistat 3 worked wonderfully for me. Hope this helped."

Cindymarieeeeeee (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Please don't use the monistat 3 day ovules. I actually have hives inside my vagina because of this product. The area is swollen, covered with hives, incredibly itchy, it burns and hurts. The doctor misdiagnosed me with genital warts. Can you imagine? I've had the same partner for 27 years. We do not have an std. All I had was a yeast infection and used the ovules. Please don't put yourself through this. Get the diflucan. I'm now on benadryl every 4 hours."

Danie H November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!! I don't know what's going on, because I've used the 3 day before and have never had issues. They need to recall this stuff, seriously. I have never been in so much pain in my life. I thought I would have to go to the hospital. I took 2 long showers, put desitin on (Godsend!!), powder, took aleve, and laid on my bed with my fan on for relief. AWFUL. I don't know if they changed their formula or not, but I know that I will never use it again."

KelsB87 October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I wished I read these reviews earlier. I'm on day-2 of the 3 day treatment and I cannot sleep because of the pain and itchiness. I thought there was something wrong so I googled "Monistat and itchiness" and found this site. If I knew it was going to be this bad I would have gone to the doctor. They should recall this product. Something is not right with it, it shouldn't hurt like this. Don't waste your money!"

YI (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'd rather suffer from the yeast infection than to EVER use Monistat 3 ever again. I was fine until the medication started moving down the vaginal canal towards my opening. (Woman have very few nerves in the back of our vagina's towards the cervix and have more towards our openings.) The pain, burning, itching went from a 2 to a 40 within minutes. I have no idea if it actually works because I won't use the doses for Day's 2 & 3. Just called my doctor for the Diflucan pill."

Hanapana (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm 18y/o this is my first yeast infection. I didn't go to the doctor but I read the symptoms online and diagnosed myself to have a yeast infection so I went down to the drug store and bought monistat 3-day treatment. I didn't experience any severe pain or burning like any of the other ladies (which btw is why I was hesitant about getting any monistat product) but today was the 3rd day of the treatment and the initial pain and itchiness from the yeast infection is almost gone. I still have some damaged skin around my vagina that hurts but hopefully it'll be gone soon. I'm content with the product and I'm glad I didn't listen to the people saying they went through extreme pain (I wonder why that is that some people experience severe burning)"

Gigiiiii December 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "FIRE OMG. it is like a raging fire on my lady bits. I used the insert and then put the cream on and now my privates are red, swollen and burning!!!! I will NOT be using the second dose and if this feeling doesn't end after an hour I am showering as much as this off!"

burningladybits December 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Burns and itches for 30 minutes, this is the first night but everything feels fine now. Just give it some time!"

Anonymous July 30, 2015