User Reviews for Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack

Vaginal Yeast Infection
6.3

Summary of Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack reviews 6.3 34 reviews

Reviews for Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I got the 3 day ovule pack without the cream because I already have extra strength vagisil. I can agree that the first use of the product I was burning and itching all night the first night but slept soundly and had no irritation the second night, here's what I learned #1. It says to take before bed, I didn't do that the first night, I took it at 8pm and went to bed at 10pm, I believe that this may have contributed to the burn and the itch because the medicine was dripping out. #2. The second night I waited until I knew I was going to go to sleep so I peed for the last time, washed my hands, inserted and sprinted to the bed and didn't move until I woke up in the morning. I also took some benedryl and was prepared with an ice pack (that I didn't really need). SO yes it burns and itches but follow the instructions and that should save you, a few days of discomfort is better than painful sex."

LB September 27, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I should've read the reviews before using this product because here I am at 2 a.m., yesterday it was 3 a.m. and I'm awake! I woke up feeling like my vaginal area had been set on fire! To be honest I felt more relief before I started using this! I'm in so much pain that I'm considering going to the ER. I do not recommend this product at all."

Sportsmom (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I used the 3 day ovules. I did not experience any burning or itching with this product at all. With 24 hours, my YI symptoms were 90% better and within 48 hours I was no longer experiencing any symptoms. It worked great."

Aurelia (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my second year infection in my life. I got monistat 7 day treatment for my first one and for the first 3 days the itching and burning was terrible and I felt like I was going to die. I used the anti itch cream that came with it but it didn't help. After the first 3 days the amount of discomfort decreased and was gone on the last day and so was my infection. I just got another infection and I decided to use monistat 3 because I thought it wouldn't be as bad. I was wrong, the itching and burning is unbearable. I currently have an icepack between my legs and I'm only on day 1. After about 30minutes with the ice pack the discomfort decreases and is now mild. I am going to complete the treatment bc I want this infection gone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my second night using this and I feel no discomfort and can’t even tell it’s in there, also the burning and itching is gone."

Gabriella (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I’ve had a yeast infection before so I knew the signs. As soon as I started feeling that weird irritation I knew. I went and got the 3 day. I’ve had my first application in for about 1 hour and it’s a little tingling but nothing that isn’t to uncomfortable. I should be able to sleep peacefully (hopefully). I do know that right now the little tingling that I’m feeling is wayyyy better than the itching and burning I was feeling earlier. Ohhhhh the joys of being a woman."

SheisSheree (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Overall, this product worked well. After intercourse I began getting these terrible yeast infections. I was itching and burning and I could not tolerate it anymore. I noticed a thick chunky discharge coming out and my vagina was very dry. I went to Walgreens and picked up Monistat 3, it was pricy, but I wanted a name brand and something to work quick. It said to put the cream in at night so that way it would not leak, but I could not bear it anymore. I put the first tube in the evening ( if you do this, excess cream not absorbed in your vagina will leak out, make sure to wear a pad). I was feeling much better instantly, especially when I put the external cream on. On day 2&3, I waited later to insert the tube. I became a bit itchy again. I applied the external cream, it was less effective by the 2&3rd day, which is why I’m rating it a 7. For an OTC, it worked well."

Sue (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I used the 3 day and I’m currently on the 2nd day. After using this product I thank myself for getting the wipes and anti itch creme combo pack! Best decision I’ve ever made! Instant relief!!! I recommend this product! I don't get the bad reviews! I followed the directions and it was fine!"

Liyah March 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Can not relate to the bad reviews. This medication has been very easy to use. No burning from medication itself. Just the YI symptoms which are almost gone now (day two of three)"

Pixie85 February 8, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Omg! I wish I read the reviews before using!!! I’m 5 months pregnant and already in pain from my body adjusting to carrying a child! Now my vag is on fire!!! I was uncomfortable when I was using vagisil, but the itch wasn’t going away, so I decided to try this out, and 10 minutes later, I’m freakin regretting it! My insides are itching worse than before! I want to scratch so bad, but I’m clenching here and there and it goes away for a second!!!! DO NOT USE!!!"

Anonymous February 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Burn baby burn! Day 1 of the 3 pack and I'm ready to throw in the towel. It's been about 10 min and all I wanna do is take a shower!!! :( maybe next time ill just go see my dr.....OUCH!)"

This Girl is on Fire!!! January 28, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I’ve used Monistat before and I’ve never had such itching or burning. I just want to share my review. Strangely like the others it seems that the recent batch is causing a reaction different than ones I’ve had before. I never experienced this."

JDMJDM December 5, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I used Monistat 3 ovules for the first time 1 year ago. I experienced minimal burning and pain, however, my YI symptoms did not get any better after completing the 3 day treatment. I went out and bought monistat 7, once I applied the insert, my vagina felt like it had been cut with knives and drenched in lemon juice. I stopped use of monistat 7 immediately. By the 5th night, my symptoms had reduced, but came back with BV a few days later. I'm currently using Monistat 3 ovule again and have yet to feel any burning. But again, I don't feel my symptoms getting any better. Hopefully it works this time and doesn't result in BV again! One more thing, it was difficult for me to insert the product given that I am a virgin and do not use tampons"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Went out & bought a 3 day pack -I'm 5 months pregnant & was recommended by pharmacist. Came home, and insertion alone made me burst into tears. Not sure if bc I'm so raw/swollen or due to the medication. However, I bought the anti-itch /anti-burning wipes and quickly went over the affected area. That seemed to have helped with the burning and itching. I grabbed an ice pack (wrapped in a towel) and have been sitting on it -Which has helped A LOT! everything is cold and numb, lol... RELIEF TO THE FULLEST! About 45 minutes after insertion and having the ice pack numb me up... I applied the topical cream that comes with the 3 day combo pack. Its been about 2 hours & I am not burning or itching!"

Sourdough❤ (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my 3rd time using the Monistat 3 day ovules over the past 5 years or so and I swear by them! They always clear up my YI. Relatively inexpensive and easier than going to the doctor to get a prescription. Reading these reviews blows my mind a little because I've never experienced extreme burning, to be honest I barely know they are there. I insert them right before I go to bed and have absolutely no discomfort or issues. Maybe try doing this to prevent burning so the ovules dissolve and absorb while you are lying down instead of dripping out if you are sitting up or walking around. If you've experienced burning or are worried about burning I would say go to the doctor and get oral diflucan but I can vouch it isn't always painful."

Nursecourtney (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "The applicators for these ovules is very sharp around the top edge and it kind of hurt during insertion, but I managed it for the first 2 days. It does burn but not too bad, but it really did NOT help the itching very much and neither did the external cream. I could not get the third ovule in on day 3 because the applicator was so sharp and actually made me bleed a little. I will NOT buy this product again. I would maybe try the pre-filled cream applicators if those aren't as sharp; maybe the cream would help the itch more."

Itchy Lady (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "First time using this product. I applied the cream the same night as using the ovule before bed. It did not burn or itch at all. Although the morning after the ovule started leaking out so there had been profuse burning and itching. So I'm having to sit with no pants airing it out hoping it does settle down. Not sure about the product. Maybe just cause it's the first day."

Reti33 (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I recommend this product, it works!! I'm experiencing my first YI and I'm 18. You have to tolerate some burning, itching and swelling but it's all good. First night, I cried myself to sleep. The burning and itching made me want to rip my hair out! The second night wasn't so bad, only burning I had was when the cream started dripping and coming out. I went to sleep just fine. I'm on the third night now and no burning or itching! A little swelling on my vuvla but I'm glad it's over. I know that my yeast infection is gone! I recommend taking bendryl a couple minutes before you install the cream in though. Great results though."

ladybug328 June 17, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I've tried monistat before and like a lot of other people are saying, my vagina was on FIRE. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I sat in my bath tub and bawled my eyes out for about an hour and swore I'd never use it again. BUT it did work. Also, the first time I used it I was up and walking around and I felt the ovule come out of me. That's when the burning went CRAZY. So, I got another yeast infection and I went ahead and got Monistat again. This time I took it right before bed as it says to and I had NO itching or burning whatsoever. Not sure if this is helpful but maybe try not getting up and walking around much."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have used this medication for years I have had YI since I was 17 I am now 61. Must confess I do preference the oral pill but I did not have time to go to the doctors she would not give me a Prescription unless I went into see her. Just told me to buy the 3 day treatment. Yes it does burn not sure why but by the second day I was feeling a lot better I am on my third does this evening fingers crossed it has taken care of my problem"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I usually use Canesten, which is clotrimazole, but for some reason bought the miconozole nitrate this time. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital to get them to get the cream out of me. It burned and itched so badly I've never felt anything so horrible in my life and I've given birth 3 times. I ended up running a bath and trying to wash it out of me. I thought I was going to throw up. This is a horrible, horrible product. I read that using tampons will decrease the effectiveness of the medication because they absorb it, so I currently have a tampon in to try to help. I also took a benedryl for the swelling and irritation from the external cream."

Anonymous May 13, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I gave this product a 9 purely on the fact that it did in fact hurt like hell using it the first night. It was VERY uncomfortable the first treatment, burning, itching, painful. Remember, I would assume the amount of pain that's caused is based on how bad the infection is. Being pregnant (24 weeks), I tried to wait it out without medication and couldn't. A few things to mention....The first nights treatment sucks, its uncomfortable, painful, and lasts a little while (maybe an hour), but it does subside and you're able to sleep. Because I'm pregnant, I do wake up at least twice a night to pee and the first wake up I had there was no more pain, itching or burning (RELIEF). That was worth the uncomfortable hour I had. STICK WITH IT, trust me!"

MommaShiplett May 10, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I am one of the very lucky ones. I did not experience any pain or burning from Monistat. I had a yeast infection(first time) and after tons of research I decided to self diagnose and went out and bought monistat 3. No I don't recommend self diagnosing unless you know your body inside out. When I initially put the ovule in it was easy to insert and I didn't feel anything. I read a couple of reviews that swore against the cream Monistat provides with the combination pack so I bought a Vagisil cream instead. It burned a little upon application but I didn't experience any burning from the actual ovule. To those of you reading this wanting to ditch the itch but you're scared you might burn go to your doctor and opt for the medicine."

MsKariBaby (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Absolutely recommend suppositories over cream! This is my second YI in my lifetime and the first time I used the 3 day cream monistat. Worst mistake ever! Never again. It makes the burning & itching 1000x worse but it did clear the YI up for me. Should have read the reviews before . But this time a year later I bought the ovules or suppositories & I inserted about an hour ago & so far only a little bit of tingling but it feels like it is working."

Guest23308658374 April 30, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I was about to call 911 first night due to the fire fire fire! I also used the cream that came with it to relieve the itching and now I am feeling worse. After reading all these comments I am afraid of taking the next two night treatments. Afraid of what may happen later on tonight. There has to be a number or something to call and report this."

JenRod (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017