User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Nuvessa, Rosaclear, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Bacterial Vaginitis 31 reviews 30 medications

7.8
Perioral Dermatitis 2 reviews 130 medications

7.5
Rosacea 36 reviews 102 medications

6.4
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 69 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Metronidazole

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I used metrogel for 5 nights. It worked great. The itching and burning were relieved the very first night I took it. I did have to do a sixth dose two nights after the fifth night because the symptoms came back slightly but since then I have been fine. That was a week ago and since then no problems at all. The only home remedies I had tried were the probiotics, folic acid, vitamin D and vitamin C. I also ate a lot of plain yogurt. I think the vitamins and yogurt worked to give temporary relief but ultimately it was the Metrogel that did the trick. Crossing my fingers I don't have a relapse. I decided to use the gel and not the pills so the drugs don't have to go through your whole body. The gel just attacks the problem at the source."

candyapple4015 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Rosacea: "For papules and pustules I give it 10/10 but for the rozacea redness I give it 1/10 it makes the rozacea redness on my cheeks a lot worse but it cleared the papules and pustules on my forehead completely with one application"

bilal11 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Rosacea: "Started the gel 5 or so weeks ago for my rosacea and it's just gotten a million times worse. My cheeks are angrier than ever and I'm even getting spots on areas that are normally clear, like my forehead, nose, and chin."

vanillarobins August 29, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I did experience some side effects: the feeling of menstrual cramping (but not because I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago), diarrhea, some vaginally discharge. Nothing severe or unbearable."

NancyD1962 August 27, 2016

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "This drug seems to work for me and get rid of the symptoms of bv, the smell and the itch however the bv itself seems to come back so I think it clears the symptom but doesn't cure the problem in my body."

Isabella217777 August 22, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Update! Culture came back and negative again so I am being treated correctly. This is my 5th day on the gel and so far so good. No side effects - I haven't experienced any of the "cottage cheese" like discharge that others have talked about which I'm thankful for cause it doesn't sound pleasant. However you will get a yeast infection on this medicine! But it works, don't be scared!"

JulesSan (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been on the gel for 3 days... First diagnosed with a UTI with no growth. Finished Cipro and still had symptoms. Second round- pelvic exam & swab... Still had bacteria & yeast so was prescribed metro gel. No side effects - but hasn't helped my issue. Waiting for 2nd culture to come back to see if still UTI and wasn't sensitive to the Cipro and need something new. Pains from hell"

JulesSan July 10, 2016

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I have had chronic Rosacea for at least the past 30 or more years, but only on my nose, and I have treated it with MetroGel cream each morning after I shower. There have been no side effects, and it has controlled the Rosecea to the point where I have no redness or symptoms. As a retired Air Force officer and pilot on Medicare, and with acccess to military pharmacies and now TRICARE for Life, my costs are zero."

Fighter Pilot July 9, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I tried the Metro gel for the first time for Bacterial Vaginosis. I have always used antibiotic pills before. Using yogurt and probiotics I have never had a yeast infection after antibiotics...until using the Metro gel. I have never had a yeast infection so bad that yeast clumps were falling out...until using the Metro gel. The yeast infection began before I was even done with the Metro gel. There was NO yeast present before the Metro gel. A culture was run at the lab before starting any treatment and that is how the BV was diagnosed. YI did not show at all on the lab result! I will NEVER us the Metro gel again unless I am given Diflucan (spelling?) pills to take through the gel treatment to prevent the yeast infection."

BV to Yeast! (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016

For Rosacea: "Used it twice a day for several months and it did nothing to help reduce the redness or bumps. It cost 80$ as well, and that was with 80 percent covered."

RustyShackleford June 28, 2016

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Tried this gel for 1 night thinking it would have less side effects than in pill form.But I had a very bad experience. Within half an hour of using, my legs felt as if they were on fire mainly from my knees to feet.Got worse with aching,shooting pains up and down my legs.My head felt funny but no headache.All night I barely slept cos of the severity of the pain.The hotness did lessen,still had painful legs until mid morning,but it had spread to rest of body - a dull ache as if I had flu.Had slight blocked nose til morning as well.Felt slightly nauseous.Was itchy too all over.Felt spaced out.Suffered memory loss in day before all went away.Will not take again as am allergic to antibiotics so is probably just me.BV did feel bit better though."

Spacegal (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I am 63 and never had a skin condition... Ever. Heat, stress, lack of sleep all contributed to a redness to my face. Now it cracks and peels and swells. I started metronidazoleb and it clears up in two days. Put non oily lotion over the top and I can put makeup on. Yeah"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2016

For Rosacea: "At the age of 33 my nose stayed to break out at the Time I thought it was acne but after seeing A dermatologist I was told It was rosacea with looks like acne with red spot and white heads . I used the metro .75 percent gel for one week and felt like it made it worse so I stopped . After 3 weeks my rosacea was at the worse it had been I tryed the gel again . 2 weeks on the gel and I have not got any white heads or and new spots I do have redness . Only side affect is it seems as I am growing hair on my nose not sure"

Armr123 June 18, 2016

For Rosacea: "This medication did nothing for me."

sarasarasara (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

For Rosacea: "After nine years of no flare ups, I suddenly found myself with the red cheeks and pustules. I decided to consult a dermatologist who prescribed me sulfa cleanse and a very low dose antibiotic. Within several days, my face was extremely red, raw, and full of large, painful pustules. Heartbroken, I decided to see my regular doctor and he prescribed me metro gel and a stronger antibiotic. I saw results instantly. From one day to the next, my redness and inflammation went down to the point that I noticed it. Now, only 5 days later, my face is back to normal. I am amazed at how fast the metro gel, combined with the right antibiotics, cleared my face up. I am forever grateful to my doctor and metro gel for helping me smile again."

Rosacea Sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been getting bacteria infections on and off for about 10 yrs have always taking the metrodonizole pills and they give me a bad taste in my mouth so this time I wanted to try the vaginal gel!! Did not work at all!! Plus gave me a yeast infection!! Now having to redue treatment with pills!! Fml"

Sick of it!! (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV and took this medicine PERFECTLY for 5 days. After the first day I got severe, crippling anxiety attacks which are very uncommon for me. I also had an upset stomach, cramps, and diarrhea for a week. The symptoms of BV never cleared up. I started my period after day 5 of medicine and after that, I was back to square one. It did not work at all for any of the symptoms, except the smell of the discharge was less bad, so that's why I gave it a two instead of a one. Still trying to find a medicine that helps me! This is so frustrating."

SusieQQQ March 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "When I got bv, usually it went away on its own within 2-3 days. When it lasted for months I finally got the metrogel and after the first day, no more smell! Had zero side effects as well. I finally feel normal again!!"

finally relieved (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV by my ob/gyn and she prescribed me with Metronidazole 500mg twice a day for 7 days. I took the pill and noticed that my discharge lessened but.. My odor was still traveling around but it wasn't as strong. Then as the days went on.. Day 2: I felt dizzy and as like the room was spinning, minor cramps, headache Day3: nausea, cramps, dizziness, headache, constipation, dry mouth, loss of appetite Day 4: I was vomiting all night and I decided to stop taking the pills and called my doctor in the morning because the side effects weren't getting any better and my BV didn't seem to be clearing up as much as I wanted it to. She prescribed me metronidazole vaginal 0.75% gel for 5 days. And haven't taken yet, but will be reviewing"

Lilo27 January 14, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Had BV for the first time didn't know what to expect but this medicine made me confident again and stop suffering from embarrassing odors!"

Anonymous November 18, 2015

Noritate (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "It's great, doesn't help the infrequent redness but keeps the skin clear. for me, just when I notice the flare up until it subsides. The cost is exorbitant. $1800 a tube 60g."

15040 WPR November 8, 2015

Nuvessa (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Used nuvessa a few nights ago for recurrent BV . Has worked so far. If it does not come back I will get back on and give it a 10 rating. My prob is it always comes back. Will let you know later...."

Brooksmitty October 28, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had bv for a couple months hoping it would go away. When it didn't I went to the gyno and got the metro gel. No more watery discharge or smelly odor. But am I the only one who noticed clumps come out while going to the restroom?"

Kaaay (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2015

For Rosacea: "Just started 2 days ago."

D R S September 28, 2015

For Rosacea: "I have found the gel to be extremely helpful (more so than the cream). It does take continuous use for me but it's worth the relief. I also use it on my ears for relief from flushing/burning sensation. Having the Rosasacea under control has also helped tremendously with my dry skin."

Hushpuppy September 8, 2015