User Reviews for Metoprolol to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 9)

Also known as: Metoprolol Tartrate, Metoprolol Succinate ER, Toprol-XL, Lopressor, Kapspargo Sprinkle

Metoprolol Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Metoprolol

Lucky Leo October 29, 2008

“Been taking metoprolol for about a year and a half. I can just about tell you the time of day it is since I have been taken a dose. Heart rate increases, I can feel my blood pressure increase to the point of feeling my pulse in my fingertips for example. I know it is either 7:00 am or 7:00 pm. These are the times I take this drug. 30 minutes later all is well. Thanks doctor.”

Anonymous October 27, 2008

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): “Toprol-XL eliminated peiords of rapid heartbeat that began mostly in the evening, at age 36. Also reduced blood pressure along with other medicines (with lotrel 10/40 in my case). I've had no noticeable side effects except for occasional sleeplessness / awaking anxious at night.”

Anonymous October 7, 2008

“DRUG is very effective but I also take 3 other medicines along with this. After evening meal I take 100mg - blood pressure before taking it is 192/112 and 30 minutes after is 152/91.”

Anonymous September 4, 2008

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): “Slows heart rate-for the better.”

P.S. in T.O. July 4, 2008

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): “Have been taking Toprol for about 7 years now, 50mg once a day. During a recent health fair at work, my blood pressure was really high. Made an appoinment with the Doctor that day to re-evaluate and was found to be running a little high, 145/94. Doctor added an additional 50mg a day. ”

Anonymous June 17, 2008

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): “I have been taking Toprol XL for about 2 years. My doctor has now put me on 200mg twice a day, total 400mg a day, this had to be approve by my insurance company and it was. This is working for me, no side effects and my blood pressure is steady at 114/70.”

Anonymous March 27, 2008

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): “I have been taking Toprol XL for 10 years. I began with 50 mg per day, and am now at 200 mg per day. Unlike another report posted here, I am sleeping better while taking the medication. The only two side effects I've experienced are shakiness and nervousness when I miss a dose by even a few hours and vague aural hallucinations (hearing things) while on the verge of falling asleep. I've seen the hallucinations reported by other toprol users on other sites.”

robgb29730 March 20, 2008

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): “I have been on this medication for several years and it works. All my follow up visits have been good with the cardiologist.”

Anonymous March 11, 2008

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): “I started taking Toprol XL 100mg one week ago. My Blood Pressure and pulse are much better. 125/75 and 75 pulse compared to 160/100 and 100 pulse. The only problem I am noticing is my sleep. I am not sleeping sound. I toss and turn all night. Something I guess I will get use to. Other than that it is keeping me calmer, my heart is not racing nor is my head pounding. I have had HBP for 12 years and tried many kinds of medications. I am hoping the new cardiologist is on the right track!”

JJ in Texas February 25, 2008

“This is a beta-blocker and makes me feel awful! Nausea, dizziness, sleepy but restless, but the nausea is the worse. It may help some people, but my side effects are worse than the alternative!”

bob in ny July 29, 2007

Toprol-XL (metoprolol): “I was perscribed Toprol XL 25mg, 1x/day, as part of a long term treatment for elevated (but not high) blood pressure. I found a distinct and bothersome reduction in my energy levels and focus. I have been taking 25mg daily of DHEA and find that blood pressure levels and pulse rate levels remain lowered, but energy, focus and some vague emotional benefits are noticeable. ”