User Reviews for Metolazone

Also known as: Mykrox, Zaroxolyn

Learn more about Metolazone.

Edema 4 reviews 52 medications

8.5
Summary of Metolazone reviews 4 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Metolazone

For Edema: "Having 100 lbs of swelling and been on lasix for about 8 months and just kept getting bigger and bigger my aunt took this medication in conjunction with lasix and it boosted the lasix and she began to get relief. At a loss myself I figured what could it hurt besides my mom yelling at me that I had to do something. So I begged the dr to give it a try and he did. For the first time in 8 months I started to get relief. However I pretty much lived on toilet. After a month the dr wouldn't renew this medication and all the edema came right back."

Kat.ct (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zaroxolyn (metolazone) for Edema: "I had massive amount of fluid retention and I lost 50 pounds in 5 days @ 1 pill a day taken with my Lasix , it worked great for me and I'm very happy with the results .... thanks to my new doctor , it got rid of a lot of fluid that was inside of me and I thank God he gave then to me ... that is the only thing that worked for me . Now I'm 70 pounds lighter thanks to that lil small pill ....."

lugnut197524 September 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zaroxolyn (metolazone) for Edema: "Have taken it 3 times and ended up in the hospital with severe electrolyte deficiencies. Works well and fast - lost 20 lbs in 3 days. However, for me requires monitoring of electrolytes which doctors will not do regularly."

akeeley April 10, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zaroxolyn (metolazone) for Edema: "I had been given Lasix 20 mg for swollen feet and lower legs. It didn't work so the doctor upped it to 40 mg. That didn't work either. So then he prescribed Metolazone 5 mg. This worked. But it took a few weeks. Since I am the first person writing a review, I assume this isn't prescribed often."

Anonymous March 8, 2011