User Reviews for Methadone (Page 9)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 161 reviews 11 medications

8.9
Chronic Pain 89 reviews 111 medications

8.8
Pain 156 reviews 1092 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 406 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

For Pain: "I was hurt at work 4 years ago, had 5 surgeries then a spinal stimulator placed. I have been on methadone for 4 years and roxicodone for break through pain, I believe its a lot better then taking a bunch of pain killers that aren't going to work in the long run. Methadone has given me some of my life back, not enough that I can go back to work, that is my ultimate goal."

Share42 March 2, 2012

For Pain: "I have Chronic Pancreatitis and over the last 23 years, I've had multiple surgeries, 14 ERCPs with stents, pain blocks, pump trials, but Methadone is the only thing that touches the pain. I've taken it for over 16 years and my dosage has reached 200mg/day (40 5/day) and MSIR 120mg/day (30 4/day) for break through pain. The side effects are constipation and especially the severe sweating & facial flushing. Every 2-3 years, I have to do something else when the dosage loses its effect. I've taken MSER, MS Contin and Kadian. Of the 3, only Kadian has come close to giving me enough relief. Even so, I go through terrible withdrawal (worse than the worst flu) when I go off Methadone, but switching back is a breeze, even at a lower dosage."

Lollypalooza February 10, 2012

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone Maintenance Therapy, or MMT quite literally saved my life. Yes, there are side effects such as weight gain, low testosterone levels and excess sweating or flushing. But now I am back in college majoring in Psychology with a minor in Neuroscience. I had been treated inpatient at one of the best hospitals in the country. They used Methadone initially to get me over withdrawal symptoms along with other medicines such as clonazepam and clonidine. Sadly I eventually relapsed and it eventually took MMT to help me get back on track. I hope to use what I know about addiction to help others. It's not perfect but MMT saved me and my relationships with my family. MMT should only be used as a last resort, it is not an "easy way out"."

drummersrule February 8, 2012

For Opiate Withdrawal: "My girlfriend and I recently got on methadone. We finally had enough of the sickness and all the other things that comes along with being an addict. Methadone has truly changed my life. We now have a baby on the way. This seriously is a blessing. It's so wonderful we both are doing great."

Clutey January 23, 2012

For Pain: "I have been on methadone since 1998 and it's the best pain reliever on the market today. I have been prescribed almost everything for my pain and nothing would touch it. It might have taken the pain away for a short period of time, then I would have to take another pill. Methadone is unique because it has what the doctors call a (HALF LIFE), This means when you take methadone it doesn't (PEAK) out in 2-4 hours, it last the whole day. Like other pain pills such as Oxycontin, Vicodin, Demerol, or any other opiate, they Peak out at about 2-4 hours. In the last ten plus years I have been taking Methadone, I have been able to function, do normal day to day operations, and even maintain a full-time job. Methadone is the best pain pill out there."

Anonymous January 20, 2012

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone has allowed me to get my life back. I have been able to be honest with those I am closest to. No more ups and downs from my Norco addiction which I always had to drink with. I follow the rules at the clinic. I don't drink. I take my 40 mg, which I will very slowly wean from. But the methadone helps."

Anonymous January 7, 2012

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was a addicted to oxycodone and any pain pills I could find for 10 years. My world revolved around a pill. I would lay out of work and lay in the bed if I didn't have a pill for that day. I lost 2 brothers to drugs and almost lost my life, wife, house, and 3 sons to drugs. I went to a methadone clinic because I was tired of the drugs running my life. Methadone saved my life. I have been drug free for 2 1/2 years and feel great. Thanks to this medicine I feel normal. "

greenrs December 21, 2011

For Pain: "This medication was originally prescribed to me as a way to control my pain without the "High" side effect that decreases mental alertness. Eleven years later I am still taking 70 milligrams daily. I have lab work done four times a year and my body is in excellent condition besides the injuries I've sustained that are not methadone related. I'm told by my doctor that I would be in severe pain without the medicine due to pericarditis, dozens of healed fractures, a lacerated spleen, and multiple back injuries. I however have not felt any intolerable pain while taking methadone. I completed my MBA (Master's) in physics after 9 years of daily methadone use with no signs of memory loss or other negative mental side effects. Wonderful medication."

Holbrook December 6, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm a 21 year-old guy from Australia, have been addicted to codeine since I was 18. Six-months ago I was taking nearly a gram of codeine a day, my health was deteriorating rapidly, and I was very sick. My life was falling apart. Methadone has given me my life back, made me a normal person and able to contribute to society."

Trento December 1, 2011

For Pain: "I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2009 after breaking my neck and lower back in a car accident. I was taking approximately 14 pills a day...everything from Percocet to Morphine as well as anti-depressants. My marriage failed and I was not able to cope with every day routines. My pain was so great. Finally, after seeing a pain management doctor and taking myself off all of the medications, I was prescribed Methadone and what a miracle it has been. I still have to take Norco with the Methadone, but my pain level is becoming more manageable. I am not able to work but I can get out of bed now and maintain somewhat of a life with less pain. What a great improvement this has been for me. I hope this helps someone who is unsure."

Anonymous November 25, 2011

For Pain: "Suffering from joint pain due to cancer has been a debilitating existence. When my doctor prescribed the Methadone while I was on a morphine pump getting 350Mg of morphine a day just to function, I was hoping and praying for a miracle. I found it. At 15 - 20 MG of methadone a day I can function and in the morning I can actually hold a piece of paper without screaming. The stigma that has also come with the Methadone is not welcomed but I try to educate those that are naive rather than becoming angry or ashamed. I will ask them to read on this medicine and after they have a different point of view and I can receive the treatment without the methadone being the focus of their attention."

Anonymous November 23, 2011

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for : "Usage has changed my life for the better 100%. If dosage is correct there is no "HIGH" at all. I have been dosed with methadone daily for 10 years and haven't relapsed or for that matter even thought about going back to that lifestyle. GOOD LUCK WITH THE MEDICATION. "

7599 November 4, 2011

For Pain: "I have been suffering with many medical back & disc problems for over 24 years. I take Methadone as prescribed with Percocet for break through pain and it has made my life manageable. "

TrishaLuv November 2, 2011

For Pain: "A serious car accident back in 1995 left me in chronic pain. Back, neck, and right leg. I had a fusion at c-5,6 and another aherniation at c-4,5. My spinal chord was almost crushed and I feel lucky to be up and about today. I have been on every opiate medication you can think of and hated it. I did get pain relief but hated the up and downs that went along with these medications. My doctor suggested methadone about 5 years ago and I've never looked back. I still take Percocet now and then for breakthrough pain relief. I have a quality of life that was non-existant before the methadone. It's not for everyone however if you want to get away from the fast-acting opiates, please mention it to your doctor. Literally changed my life."

guitarv5 October 24, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was addicted to Oxycontin and cocaine for 7 years, which eventually put me in jail for crimes involving theft for my next fix. While I was on house arrest my doctor recommended a local methadone program to help with my withdrawal symptoms and recovery. I started methadone 5 years ago at 100mg and it took me a few months to finally stop using oxy/cocaine while on methadone. I then moved up to the private clinic where you go when you are clean for 3 months. I have been clean for 4.5 years now and I am down to only 10mg a day. I plan to be finished with methadone in about 4 months. How I did it? Dropped all my so-called friends and did not associate with anyone who abused pills. Basically I became a loner who took up a new hobby that interested me."

addict420 October 20, 2011

For Pain: "I had a severe parachute injury while in the military. I've had every type of pain pill, as well as all the therapy you can think of. This was the last hope. This has helped me be able to actually function and work daily. I wish I would have known before hand this was what I needed. Highly recommended for pain."

Anonymous October 18, 2011

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Only bad side effect ...it takes all the water out of your intestinal tract so when you go to take a dump it's like squeezing out a very hard dry brick! and it is NO JOKE! I highly advise drink lots of water before hand to lower the effects of this."

Anonymous October 14, 2011

For Pain: "I have dealt with back pain for the last 15 years. I have tried all of the traditional pain medications. Each one of them had their limited success, as well as their own side effects. Methadone is the only medication that has given me complete relief with only the occasional breakthrough or flare up. The best part is I can function with a clear head and no high. This has to be one of the best solutions to date for my pain. I would highly recommend long time suffers of Neuropathy as well as chronic back pain discuss methadone as a possible treatment with their care provider."

Anonymous October 6, 2011

For Pain: "This is the best pain medication."

lilcityboy1986 September 28, 2011

For Pain: "Methadone has changed my life. I have tried every pain pill around and this is the most effective."

lilmomma32 September 22, 2011

For Pain: "Methadone was wonderful to relieve pain after my laminectomy. Then its effectiveness decreased rapidly and I do not want to increase the dose because in a few months I will have to increase it again. Beside its great decrease in effectiveness, constipation has been awful resulting in a small umbilical hernia from straining. Heating pad has been the best."

Anonymous September 5, 2011

For Pain: "I was Started on Vicodin, 6x a day, in 2003 for a traumatic lower spinal injury, that never healed properly. Over the next 4 years I ended up taking 2-3 Norco 6x a day, and that wasn't cutting it. I started suffering from Radiculopathy which is debilitating, and ended up seeing my Pain Management Specialist once a week, getting 120 Norco, and 30 100mg MS Contin's, each visit, and having to go twice a week because the medicines weren't helping, for injections of Dilaudid 12mg IM.. After another 3 years passed, and my My Doctor began to worry about my Acetaminophen intake, He decided to put me on Methadone, 25mg 3x a day, and it saved me. I have breakthrough pain, but Norco helps to where I am Pain free 90% of the time!"

SavedByMethadone September 4, 2011

For Pain: "I am amazed at the effectiveness of methadone. I've spent the last three years in serious back pain due to a bad disc which ultimately led to back surgery. We tried everything under the sun. I can't believe how good I feel....no ups and downs, no weird "highs" (which I hated the most about pain medicines) and no more feeling like I'm losing my mind. I've never felt so strongly about posting a review before. I am ever grateful to the creators of this pain medicine."

Anonymous September 2, 2011

For Pain: "I have severe pain in my back and neck due to inverted and degenerative discs. I am prescribed methadone for pain and Lortab for breakthrough pain. This has proved to be an awesome combination for me. Not everyone is the same so you may be different but if you are interested in serious pain relief ask your doctor. "

Anonymous August 30, 2011

For Pain: "My doctor prescribed Methadone for my Fibromyalgia pain. I took 2 tabs about 90 mins apart. Did not sleep a wink all night. I will discontinue taking this medicine. "

Anonymous August 19, 2011