User Reviews for Methadone (Page 9)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 158 reviews 11 medications

8.9
Chronic Pain 88 reviews 111 medications

8.8
Pain 155 reviews 1090 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 401 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone has allowed me to get my life back. I have been able to be honest with those I am closest to. No more ups and downs from my Norco addiction which I always had to drink with. I follow the rules at the clinic. I don't drink. I take my 40 mg, which I will very slowly wean from. But the methadone helps."

Anonymous January 7, 2012

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was a addicted to oxycodone and any pain pills I could find for 10 years. My world revolved around a pill. I would lay out of work and lay in the bed if I didn't have a pill for that day. I lost 2 brothers to drugs and almost lost my life, wife, house, and 3 sons to drugs. I went to a methadone clinic because I was tired of the drugs running my life. Methadone saved my life. I have been drug free for 2 1/2 years and feel great. Thanks to this medicine I feel normal. "

greenrs December 21, 2011

For Pain: "This medication was originally prescribed to me as a way to control my pain without the "High" side effect that decreases mental alertness. Eleven years later I am still taking 70 milligrams daily. I have lab work done four times a year and my body is in excellent condition besides the injuries I've sustained that are not methadone related. I'm told by my doctor that I would be in severe pain without the medicine due to pericarditis, dozens of healed fractures, a lacerated spleen, and multiple back injuries. I however have not felt any intolerable pain while taking methadone. I completed my MBA (Master's) in physics after 9 years of daily methadone use with no signs of memory loss or other negative mental side effects. Wonderful medication."

Holbrook December 6, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I'm a 21 year-old guy from Australia, have been addicted to codeine since I was 18. Six-months ago I was taking nearly a gram of codeine a day, my health was deteriorating rapidly, and I was very sick. My life was falling apart. Methadone has given me my life back, made me a normal person and able to contribute to society."

Trento December 1, 2011

For Pain: "I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2009 after breaking my neck and lower back in a car accident. I was taking approximately 14 pills a day...everything from Percocet to Morphine as well as anti-depressants. My marriage failed and I was not able to cope with every day routines. My pain was so great. Finally, after seeing a pain management doctor and taking myself off all of the medications, I was prescribed Methadone and what a miracle it has been. I still have to take Norco with the Methadone, but my pain level is becoming more manageable. I am not able to work but I can get out of bed now and maintain somewhat of a life with less pain. What a great improvement this has been for me. I hope this helps someone who is unsure."

Anonymous November 25, 2011

For Pain: "Suffering from joint pain due to cancer has been a debilitating existence. When my doctor prescribed the Methadone while I was on a morphine pump getting 350Mg of morphine a day just to function, I was hoping and praying for a miracle. I found it. At 15 - 20 MG of methadone a day I can function and in the morning I can actually hold a piece of paper without screaming. The stigma that has also come with the Methadone is not welcomed but I try to educate those that are naive rather than becoming angry or ashamed. I will ask them to read on this medicine and after they have a different point of view and I can receive the treatment without the methadone being the focus of their attention."

Anonymous November 23, 2011

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for : "Usage has changed my life for the better 100%. If dosage is correct there is no "HIGH" at all. I have been dosed with methadone daily for 10 years and haven't relapsed or for that matter even thought about going back to that lifestyle. GOOD LUCK WITH THE MEDICATION. "

7599 November 4, 2011

For Pain: "I have been suffering with many medical back & disc problems for over 24 years. I take Methadone as prescribed with Percocet for break through pain and it has made my life manageable. "

TrishaLuv November 2, 2011

For Pain: "A serious car accident back in 1995 left me in chronic pain. Back, neck, and right leg. I had a fusion at c-5,6 and another aherniation at c-4,5. My spinal chord was almost crushed and I feel lucky to be up and about today. I have been on every opiate medication you can think of and hated it. I did get pain relief but hated the up and downs that went along with these medications. My doctor suggested methadone about 5 years ago and I've never looked back. I still take Percocet now and then for breakthrough pain relief. I have a quality of life that was non-existant before the methadone. It's not for everyone however if you want to get away from the fast-acting opiates, please mention it to your doctor. Literally changed my life."

guitarv5 October 24, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was addicted to Oxycontin and cocaine for 7 years, which eventually put me in jail for crimes involving theft for my next fix. While I was on house arrest my doctor recommended a local methadone program to help with my withdrawal symptoms and recovery. I started methadone 5 years ago at 100mg and it took me a few months to finally stop using oxy/cocaine while on methadone. I then moved up to the private clinic where you go when you are clean for 3 months. I have been clean for 4.5 years now and I am down to only 10mg a day. I plan to be finished with methadone in about 4 months. How I did it? Dropped all my so-called friends and did not associate with anyone who abused pills. Basically I became a loner who took up a new hobby that interested me."

addict420 October 20, 2011

For Pain: "I had a severe parachute injury while in the military. I've had every type of pain pill, as well as all the therapy you can think of. This was the last hope. This has helped me be able to actually function and work daily. I wish I would have known before hand this was what I needed. Highly recommended for pain."

Anonymous October 18, 2011

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Only bad side effect ...it takes all the water out of your intestinal tract so when you go to take a dump it's like squeezing out a very hard dry brick! and it is NO JOKE! I highly advise drink lots of water before hand to lower the effects of this."

Anonymous October 14, 2011

For Pain: "I have dealt with back pain for the last 15 years. I have tried all of the traditional pain medications. Each one of them had their limited success, as well as their own side effects. Methadone is the only medication that has given me complete relief with only the occasional breakthrough or flare up. The best part is I can function with a clear head and no high. This has to be one of the best solutions to date for my pain. I would highly recommend long time suffers of Neuropathy as well as chronic back pain discuss methadone as a possible treatment with their care provider."

Anonymous October 6, 2011

For Pain: "This is the best pain medication."

lilcityboy1986 September 28, 2011

For Pain: "Methadone has changed my life. I have tried every pain pill around and this is the most effective."

lilmomma32 September 22, 2011

For Pain: "Methadone was wonderful to relieve pain after my laminectomy. Then its effectiveness decreased rapidly and I do not want to increase the dose because in a few months I will have to increase it again. Beside its great decrease in effectiveness, constipation has been awful resulting in a small umbilical hernia from straining. Heating pad has been the best."

Anonymous September 5, 2011

For Pain: "I was Started on Vicodin, 6x a day, in 2003 for a traumatic lower spinal injury, that never healed properly. Over the next 4 years I ended up taking 2-3 Norco 6x a day, and that wasn't cutting it. I started suffering from Radiculopathy which is debilitating, and ended up seeing my Pain Management Specialist once a week, getting 120 Norco, and 30 100mg MS Contin's, each visit, and having to go twice a week because the medicines weren't helping, for injections of Dilaudid 12mg IM.. After another 3 years passed, and my My Doctor began to worry about my Acetaminophen intake, He decided to put me on Methadone, 25mg 3x a day, and it saved me. I have breakthrough pain, but Norco helps to where I am Pain free 90% of the time!"

SavedByMethadone September 4, 2011

For Pain: "I am amazed at the effectiveness of methadone. I've spent the last three years in serious back pain due to a bad disc which ultimately led to back surgery. We tried everything under the sun. I can't believe how good I feel....no ups and downs, no weird "highs" (which I hated the most about pain medicines) and no more feeling like I'm losing my mind. I've never felt so strongly about posting a review before. I am ever grateful to the creators of this pain medicine."

Anonymous September 2, 2011

For Pain: "I have severe pain in my back and neck due to inverted and degenerative discs. I am prescribed methadone for pain and Lortab for breakthrough pain. This has proved to be an awesome combination for me. Not everyone is the same so you may be different but if you are interested in serious pain relief ask your doctor. "

Anonymous August 30, 2011

For Pain: "My doctor prescribed Methadone for my Fibromyalgia pain. I took 2 tabs about 90 mins apart. Did not sleep a wink all night. I will discontinue taking this medicine. "

Anonymous August 19, 2011

Dolophine (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I've been on methadone maintenance now for nearly three years. It truly saved my life. I am now back to being a productive member of society and believe it to be a gift. I have absolutely no desire to use opiates any longer."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

For : "Me and my wife were hooked on pain killers for over 8 years. I always heard bad things about methadone. We started the program a month ago. She has no back pain and we are not chasing pills all day spending our rent money. I think methadone is a miracle. It worked for us and I would say don't wait. It's not for everyone but it was for us."

E AND C August 5, 2011

For Opiate Withdrawal: "If it werent for the methadone clinic I would still be out on the streets chasing my habit every day and night. The clinic definitely saved me, i"m 19. I was addicted to oxycontin for 7 years. I have now been clean for 2 years and I am doing great. I would highly recommend it."

P WEEZY August 2, 2011

For Pain: "Have been taking it for 6 years (120 milligrams) no side effects."

nooutlet44 August 2, 2011

For Pain: "I have been on Methadone for almost a year now since coming off Oxycodone. It stopped working and the dose could not be raised without hurting my liver because of all the Tylenol in it. I love this medicine and how it is long acting so there are no waiting periods for the pain to subside. I have Chronic pain from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My doctor mentioned Methadone I was a bit miffed as it is usually for Heroin addicts. He said it could be taken long term with the least damage to my body which is good because there is no current cure for my illnesses. I don't like the constipation but other then that it does an excellent job and no more jitters and waiting."

Larrk July 24, 2011