User Reviews for Methadone (Page 9)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 178 reviews 11 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 97 reviews 113 medications

8.8
Pain 159 reviews 1119 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 434 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

Methadose (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "I've taken Methadone for 20 months now for chronic pain due to fibromyalgia, neuralgia, back and neck pain and migraines. This has helped me incredibly well. I've been able to function and gain my life back again! The only drawback is some weight gain...not a lot though...about 15 pounds over the time span, which is not a bad trade-off for crippling chronic pain. Although there is a stigma connected to methadone users it's worth it to finally be nearly pain free and be living again!"

luvdrug March 13, 2013

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on Methadone for over 10 years due to chronic pain from Multiple Sclerosis and severe scoliosis. This medication has allowed me to live a relatively normal life. After all this time it still relieves my pain as well as it did in the beginning. Anyone who has not been helped by other medications, I would strongly encourage you to try Methadone. It has saved my life. You may have a little trouble with fatigue at first, but tough it out and it will pass."

MS Sufferer March 8, 2013

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Wonderful medicine when used properly. Saved my life, helped my depression. Improved quality of life 100%. PS: To everyone still feeling badly after getting off of methadone, I think you are depressed and need treatment. Please see your doctor. There is no reason to go through life feeling sick all the time."

mrsiveyblue (taken for 10 years or more) February 23, 2013

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "Gall bladder surgery was either botched or had complications. Terrible chronic pain for 3 years now. No alcohol, smoking caffeine, greasy foods or medicines of ANY kind other than prescribed Methadone 3 x 10mg a day allows me to run my business and take care of my family. No side effects. Works amazingly long time with a very constant pain decrease effect. Also stops abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Other medications such as Vicodin and Darvocet did not work well at all for long term pain. I thank my Dr, who tried Methadone. "

Jonathan Ritterman (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 15, 2013

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I have taken Roxicodone 15's and then 30's for years. Still in pain and fed up I asked my doctor about Methadone. Now I take it along with Gabapentin and I'm feeling better, it's helps with the pain and I can take care of my son, job and other responsibilities. I'm so grateful I asked."

Kittyandcharlie February 4, 2013

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "This is the best medication that I've tried after nine years of enduring severe chronic pain in my back and neck due to a severe almost fatal car accident. Its also been very effective in treating my fibromyalgia pain, which began four years ago. My problem with all of the other pain analgesics is that the pain relief that I was able to get at higher doses didn't last more than a few hours and they were far more expensive to get filled, while with methadone its very efficient in the length of time it helps minimize my pain and it is costs $50 (monthly prescription) compared to the expensive narcotics I was given in the past that ran up to $800 for just one months worth and were not effective in managing my Pain issues."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 1, 2013

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "If I hadn't made the decision to begin methadone, I don't know where I would be. It wasn't an easy choice at all, but now I am so glad I did it. Its literally saved my life, my relationships and my future!"

Omaof2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2013

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dolophine (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I had a bad accident in May 2007 and the doctors put me on roxicodone. My life started to fall apart if I didn't have my meds, couldn't function . Missed a lot of work. Outings with my kids, etc. In 2008 I decided to get help so got on methadone and since then being in treatment I have gained so much of my life back. I can function now. I go do things with my kids and I am able to have a normal life again. Like it used to be before my accident. If you ever have a situation like this you need to try this."

Brucie39 January 29, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I have taken methadone for a year and a half now it's the only thing I can take and it actually works for more than couple hours. I have had to increase my dose due to it wearing off too fast, other than that it saved my life!"

Lb12girl January 26, 2013

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone saved mine and countless other lives all over the world. There is no other treatment, for the disease of opiate addiction, more effective than Methadone. "

RipRap (taken for 10 years or more) January 3, 2013

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "Without this medication I was in too much pain to function as a normal person. My doctor and I tried many other medicines and combinations but nothing really helped. "

Anonymous December 28, 2012

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "Only thing that really helped my pain."

Anonymous December 11, 2012

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I have severe recurring headaches which have plagued me since I suffered a head injury as a child. I tried almost everything under the sun to stop the pain and nothing seemed to work very well? Some of these medicines almost put me 6 feet under as well! I had a severe cardiac reaction to sumitriptan and the worst part was that triptans don't do anything for my headaches as far as relieving them. Some of the opiates I tried did work to varying degrees, but finally my doctor switched me over from Soma and 60mg codeine sulfate tabs, with 4mg Dilaudid tabs for breakthrough pain to 10 mg methadone, 2 tablets, 3 times daily coupled with 10mg cyclobenzaprine tablets (Flexerill) 3 times daily. It works quite well without any side effects to speak of."

Nopainz November 18, 2012

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "After becoming addicted to opiates, I tried numerous ways to quit: clonidine, detox, Suboxone, and methadone. Methadone is the only thing that truly helped me abstain from opiates, with very minimal side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2012

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I was a heroin addict for 4 years and I lost everything including my family. Methadone helped me get my family back. If you are struggling with addiction, I highly recommend methadone... it saved my life."

justme1223 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2012

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I have been using it for chronic back pain and for cancer it has helped me a great deal, mine was prescribed by my doctor at the hospice in England so I was not out of pocket. The medicine works wonders, really helping my pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 22, 2012

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have had spine problems and surgery for 15 years. I could not sleep on my sides or back because the pain would generate through my hip and leg to where I wanted to scream. I had become immune to everything from hydrocodone to hydromorphone. I could take 30 mg of Percocet and feel nothing because my bodiess dependence had gotten so high, nothing would work. I also had gotten to have to take medicine to keep the withdrawals down which felt like the bones in my legs and back were being pulled out of my body with a pair of plyers. The aches would only be resolved by laying in hot water and that was from withdrawals and not even including the actual pain I was having with my spine. It was hell and methadone took all of it away. Now I live again!"

finally found hope September 21, 2012

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "Worked well. "

DopeyDad (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2012

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dolophine (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Was on methadone for 4 years, worked well."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2012

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I have suffered from chronic pain for several years. I have a significant case of Degenerative Disc Disease, Spinal Stenosis, A bulging disc pressing against nerve's, alot of nerve damage, three bad discs in neck, Osteoarthritis in both knee's (possible surgery on both per MRI and Orthopaedic Surg.), and Fibromyalgia. Like many other's I have been on almost everything from Oxycontin, Oxycodone, MS Contin, Dilaudid, Opana Er, Nucynta, Fentanyl Patches, etc. My doctor mentioned Methadone a few times, and I declined. I finally said yes, and I'm so glad I did. I take 10 mg 3 times a day. I may ask if I can take it 4 times a day, and I think it will be great. "

babyr0525 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2012

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "I got hit by a drunk driver and paralyzed me, broke both legs in my places. Broke right hip, arm, shoulder, right cheek bone, nose and on and on. I got addicted to pain relievers, any kind. So I turned to methadone and it has saved my life. I've been on it now for three years. I'm very grateful for this pain reliever and know I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for methadone."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2012

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "This medication has worked far better than any of the other medications that I have tried before, including Fentanyl, Percocet, and Morphine. I still have a lot of pain, so I do take another pain medicine between doses because it is necessary. Methadone controls my pain for longer periods than any of the other medications that I have been on. In my personal opinion, as long as this medicine is used as it is prescribed, it is very useful and the benefits are astounding."

Twilightdream71 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2012

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I injured my back at a young age 18 and from then on the work I did caused it to just get worse. I now have two ruptured discs two bulging discs and degenerative disc disorder in my lower back. I'm now 30 years old I tried other medicines that only last 2-3 hours and I would have to take at least 3-4 at a time, which is pointless. I've been on methadone for a little over 2 years now and I take 20 mg twice a day and 2 x 10 mg Lortab for breakthrough pain mostly for my neck. Methadone is a wonderful medication with great benefits. "

clay81 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2012

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone is wonderful for opiate withdrawal and pain management. My doctor had prescribed me Percocets and Oxycontin for a year, for pain. When she cut me off, the withdrawals were too much. She recommend methadone for the pain and withdrawals. I have been on methadone for 1 year 7 months and been clean for one year as May 2012. The benefits include withdrawal and pain management but side effects may include weight gain, but it does subside once you are on a stable dose, eat properly and exercise daily. Good luck to everyone who is on methadone it works!"

seirra-ann April 18, 2012

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadose (methadone) for Pain: "This is the VERY best pain medicine I have tried. I had so many issues finding a doc to help with my pain and they never gave enough to totally control the pain so I was constantly going out finding supplements to add to my scripted pain medicines. Ever since methadone I have needed nothing except some morphine for breakthrough pain. "

YoungPAIN April 8, 2012