User Reviews for Methadone (Page 8)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal 178 reviews 11 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 97 reviews 113 medications

8.8
Pain 159 reviews 1119 medications

8.5
Summary of Methadone reviews 434 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methadone

For Opiate Withdrawal: "When I first went on methadone for opiate withdrawal I was skeptical but sure enough I suffered NO withdrawal symptoms. I would have rated it a ten instead of a 9 but I DID kind of crave opiates for the first month I was on it."

sopranofan (taken for 10 years or more) February 17, 2014

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I'm a paraplegic and was on pain meds for the first few years after my accident but I'd been off for many years. I'd been put back on pain meds, methadone, for joint pain, back and neck pain. While it has cut the pain you DO NOT WANT TO BE ON THIS unless you have no other option. The withdrawal is long, muscle spasms, thoughts of dying, cramps, night sweats, etc. It also caused fluid retention in my legs and abdomen while taking it along with MANY other side effects."

TommyKnockerz (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 10, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "Taking this medication lets me have a little bit of the life I had before my body became full of arthritis, it has been a God send."

sherribee January 30, 2014

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "I like this medication because you can only take one dose and it will last you the entire day as for other medications that you have to take every 4 to 6 hours. It definitely takes away the pain."

Hunter030 January 20, 2014

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was addicted to drugs for about 10 years. I finally hit rock bottom and really needed help and fast. So the local Methadone clinic had me come in. I have now been on Methadone for about 3 years now. Methadone has helped me get my life back and get my confidence back as well. If I hadn't found methadone then I probably would have been dead or just miserable and wishing I were dead. But you also have to take into account that you are trading one drug for another. Methadone does help, but it is very addictive too. Most (not all) of the people that go to the clinic I go to abuse methadone and benzo's. Methadone is hard to get off of harder then heroin. Take this in account."

Bebe301 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2014

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was on heroin for 16 years and eventually got on the methadone program (after a 3 year wait). Best thing I've ever done, 4 years later I'm free from the gutter. Any opiate user will kick it no bother,if you keep to the rules, you will get on with the rest of your life, be human again. Be proud, be happy and be rich again. "

Jock strap (taken for 10 years or more) January 7, 2014

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I had high expectations for methadone when I started it. I had to switch from Oxycontin to Methadone because of insurance coverage. It works OK for the pain, but I realized I was so unbelievably tired-with each one I took, and noticed it "peak" within 30 min. to an hour. I had NO desire to get out of bed!! It took every bit of my motivation away, gave me an uncomfortable head buzz, and when I went to the DR. a few days later-they said my blood pressure was low-which explained why I felt dizzy, faint, and just plain drained constantly! I have heard it's harder to get off of than oxycodone also. Prescibed for chronic pain, Spinal stenosis, DDD, double laminectomy surgery, constant pain!!"

A Chick (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2013

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "Started taking Methadone 2 1/2 weeks ago and have felt better these last 2 weeks than I have in over 10 years! Can function now without terrible pain, I have energy, i'm motivated to do things I haven't in a very long time. Thank God for this wonderful medication that has numerous advantages for someone like myself with many health problems who don't want to be on pain meds ever again. The stomach cramps and diarrhea from having my gall bladder removed are gone now too after 1 1/2 years of dealing with it. It seems like i'm also feeling better in the mental aspect of my life now too! I'm getting my life, family and happiness back!! Only wished I would have started this years ago."

HopefulMommy November 7, 2013

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I'm a diabetic with neuropathy, my endocrinologist put me on methadone to combat the extremely severe burning sensation associated with neuropathy about 5 years ago, and... HOLY TOLEDO! Methadone won the war! That med is so effective I often forget I have diabetes. I take four, 10mg tabs daily, and it has nearly ended the painful part of diabetes."

Anonymous October 29, 2013

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "man this s**t right here is the shit the best shit ever and I mean u take this pill and not only your pain goes away but so do ur problems and the sex is the s**t to for once the government actually gave us something good not like crack and heroin my sweat shirts don't have cigarette burn holes(heroin) and im not at your gas station baggen for chang and the best part about this drug all you tax payers pay for it and don't cost me a dime ( DA MEDICAL CARD BABBY) NOW GOOD LUCK GUYS O YA AND KIDZ DONT DO DRUGS"

joshyboy (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 20, 2013

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I started methadone in 2011 and it has been a life saver. I am currently on 100 mg of liquid methadone daily. Before I started treatment I was using oxycodone 30 mg, lets just say I had a 100 to 200 dollar a day habit that I'm not proud of. "

dre4201 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2013

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I suffer from chronic pain from cancer treatment and 8 major surgeries. I was on full medical disability for 5 years, and was being prescribed medicines like Dilaudid and Fentanyl for pain. My doctor finally referred me to a pain management Dr. He put me on methadone after I lost my health insurance because the Fentanyl patch was too expensive. It's been 9 years, now thanks to 30 mg of methadone daily I am off of disability, went back to work, and exercise daily. My quality of life improved immensely. Thanks to methadone!"

Methadone finally saved me! September 2, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "Best and only medicine that worked for my Chronic Pain."

M# August 29, 2013

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "This medication changed my life entirely for the better. I am now able to live as a normal, productive citizen."

Patient730 (taken for 10 years or more) August 27, 2013

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I have bad knees and use an electric chair. The doctor gave me methadone because I asked for it and turned down surgery. I took 10mgs a day--one pill. Not only was it better for pain then anything else I had taken but it helped even more with my depression/suicidal problems. It did not cure suicidal problems but I found myself happy and busy making things. I had to slowly take myself off when I realized I was taking 10 pills. The next time I saw my doctor she saw a very different person..sad and unresponsive. I remained that way for 6 months. I now only take Vicodin & Prozac and am doing well."

venus8i8 August 15, 2013

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I've been taking Methadone disks for 5 yrs after a long battle with pain that lead to illicit use of injectables. This has saved my life, family and health. I have absolutely zero cravings nor desire to return to my previous lifestyle."

BL4Sfemer August 15, 2013

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on methadone diskettes for heroin addiction for 12 years. Seems like a long time? Not really. This program has kept me from relapsing and enabled me to work and function without cravings or pain. If I have to stay on this program forever that's okay with me. I love having my life and family back."

redfire1369 August 7, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Methadose (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "Methadone helps me tremendously with my chronic back pain, very functional as well."

Jamie001 July 27, 2013

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Got hurt on the job. So for the pain I got hooked on oxycodone and Percocets. I lost my family, house, kids, you name it I lost it. Had a friend after 7 years of addiction take me to the clinic and got on Methadone and have not touched any pain meds for 3 years. I was at one time a dose of 130mg of methadone now down to 40mg. If you choose this way remember it is a long hard road and you must try not to be on it forever. I am now just getting my self respect back and trying to start a new life. Have been cut off my benefits after 7 years and looking for work. "

storm 1764 July 24, 2013

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "Methadone has honestly saved my life. Having Crohn's Disease is super bad, chronic pain and I have been on every kind of pain medicine and inflammatory bowel disease medicine there is and I eventually became addicted to the opiates. When I found out I was pregnant with my second child four years ago I found a methadone maintenance treatment clinic to help me overcome my opiate addiction and also to my surprise it has also made my Crohn's virtually gone. I am so thankful for this medicine. I probably wouldn't be here without it. The one problem is that I cannot find a doctor anywhere close to me who can prescribe it, the only way it is available in my area is from an outpatient treatment clinic. And that is very expensive. I pay almost $450.00 a month."

jennthompson4161211 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2013

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I began taking methadone almost four years ago when I found out I was pregnant with my second child. I was addicted to opiate pain meds prescribed to me for my Crohn's Disease. I continued methadone treatment for two years when I thought I could be okay and no longer need it. After about seven months and becoming very sick from my Crohn's I decide to go back on methadone. Since I have not had any problems at all that have been associated to my Crohn's. I think until I actually realized that methadone was the one medication that was keeping my Crohn's under control, I had been on almost every medication prescribed for inflammatory bowel disease. I never felt good on any of them, and the side effects are horrible from most of them. Methadone has saved my life."

jennthompson4161211 June 25, 2013

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Opiate Withdrawal: "This medication is a God send. It has truly saved my life and I can finally say I am happy. The clinic kept me in check by testing me and gave me awesome counseling and group therapy. I had heard all the horror stories about Methadone and how no one should ever go on it. MMT is the best thing that ever happened to me. Yes, the detox was bad but it changed my life forever and I am a new person."

Dillon1616 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2013

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "My father, who is 57 (and works 40 hours at home depot a week), has had multiple surgery's on his neck and lower back and has tried every pain killer for the past 15 years. He finally got prescribed methadone, and it worked better than he could ever imagine. Even though the laws in Florida are hard and he has a hard time filling his medicine script for the methadone, they work great. Even as a man who is almost 60 and should be disabled he is able to provide for his family."

ALILAMA (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2013

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "I have been on so many other pain meds that made me sick and yes it was the one Dr who cared about someones pain that help prescribed it to me. Methadone is great because its the 1st thing I take and the last thing I take in a day so I can have life without so much pain."

Tonya63 April 27, 2013

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain: "I have had 4 spine surgeries from degenerative discs and have fibromyalgia. I have had chronic pain for 20 years. I went thru ALL pain meds. Methadone got me to a place I could function and live my life! Without throwing up all the time! I recently was able to slowly decrease the amount because I had gotten so high on the amount. The only downfall, when you have been on it as long as me, is you have to keep upping the amount. I also take Neurontin and that helps so much too! I take many vitamins, started exercising, and lost weight, so I could lower the amount of Methadone. It makes my life bearable. My doctor let me go as slow as I wanted, and over a year I decreased the amount from 200mgs to 80mgs. For severe pain, a must have!"

Bfly73 (taken for 10 years or more) March 16, 2013