User Reviews for Methadone (Page 8)

Also known as: Dolophine, Methadone Diskets, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Methadone.

Opiate Withdrawal
8.9

Chronic Pain
8.8

Pain
8.5

Summary of Methadone reviews 8.7 454 reviews

Reviews for Methadone

For Chronic Pain: "I've been fighting the pain management battle for about 6 years now, and I can finally say that I might have finally won. Just really don't understand why doctors waste peoples time with anything else for actual chronic pain. Methadone is a God send! If anyone is reading this and is in pain, do yourself and your family a favor and find a Dr that will prescribe this for you."

oldrty (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 15, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I am very happy with the way Methadone takes care of my pain. I have been on it for 5 years, same dose and don't feel like it has lost effectiveness. It's long acting so I don't have breakthrough pain unless I forget to take it on time. The only real problem I have with it is it killed my appetite for most foods. I live on greek yogurt with fruit mixed in and maybe a bowl of shredded wheat to keep me regular. My cupboards are bare because I don't want anything else. I take a multi-vitamin daily so I don't get anemic. Very good pain medicine, does the job."

keleeemo (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I became very addicted to opiates from chronic pain that I was talking about 10 30mg oxycodone in a day. Trust me when I say that methadone has saved my life and my pocket. I will NEVER go back to that life. Methadone keeps me pain free everyday all day. It's the best by far. Hope your experience is as good for you as for me and many others."

kaj2871 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have no negative story to say, it's helped me get my life back on track. Some of the side effects from methadone you can get with taking it. I am very happy with the outcome for myself."

ambio (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "The absolute best formula, with NMDA Receptor Antagonist Properties for Pain such as severe chronic pain management, For a Severe case of RSD/CRPS My dose was 3 1/2 Diskettes twice daily..dissolve in water, my RSD/CRPS was going into remission thanks to the proper dosing. My feeling is they took away the diskettes to re-capitalize by doing away with this tablet and charging more for a 5 - 10 mg tablets."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I have been on methadone for almost 10 years. I have tapered and got off a few times, but always seem to fall back. I have never gone higher than 45mgs. this dose has complete covered all withdrawal symptoms without feeling tired and useless. I had a son last year at the age of 33, and was very nervous of the effect it would have on my new born. I never increased my dose through my pregnancy and remained at 40mgs comfortably. when Sam was born, he experienced NO withdrawal symptoms. I was worried sick for.nothing, however that is not always or even often the case. Overall, methadone maintenance has been a very positive experience."

lindsay1980 (taken for 10 years or more) June 20, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "My family doctor prescribed me 60 of the 10mg tablets (one every 12hrs) and this is day 2 and I still don't feel any different. I still give it a 3 because I have faith its going to start working."

John Carson May 24, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "This medication has saved my life I'm no longer using and I've been sober for over a year now. I have chronic back pain and I was prescribed hydrocodone and than after a while Percocets. Well after some time my doctor decided to move and I was faced to find another doctor but finding a new doctor was hard and it lead me down a path of destruction than I found a doctor who would give me methadone to help with my pain and addiction and now I feel so much better."

Christar (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I am prescribed 1-2 (10mg) tabs of Methadone, up to 6 times every 24 hours. On the "good" days, I take a lower dose (like 3 (10mg) tabs in 24 hours) with pretty much complete relief & on the "worst" of days, the max dose (12 (10mg) tabs in 24 hours) makes doing the everyday "necessities" actually possible. The biggest negative I've experienced while on this medicine, is a MAJOR WEIGHT GAIN of around 1-2 lbs a WEEK (So like 40lbs in 6 months, before I started working out & dieting to compensate)! Also, this medication has COMPLETELY STOPPED my menstrual cycle! However with these downsides, I'd still strongly suggest this medicine for those with chronic severe back pain!"

Lil' Miss Priss May 12, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "It has really helped with my pain. The only side effect has been constipation."

ChloeD April 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "This was a life changing experience and I have the power to make positive changes in the everyday challenges I face. Without methadone treatment this would not have been possible."

TJtide. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "This medication works better on bone pain than any other pain medication I have ever taken. The big plus is it does not fog my brain. It makes life as good as it gets when you have to have pain medication in order to function."

butterflyroses April 17, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I took methadone for 2 years and finally had to give it up. Yes, it was effective against the pain but, I'd gained 40 pounds, very lethargic for 3-4 hours after dose, developed uncontrollable jerking of my extremities, difficulty urinating (I am talking hours being unable to urinate), break out in sweats after taking medicine, constipation, severe nausea and occasional vomiting with taking the medicine, didn't matter if I had eaten or not, and finally confusion for weeks when first starting. Yes, my Dr. was aware of this all along the way and would have kept me on it, but I couldn't take it any more. Now, back to more conventional treatment options. I had so hoped the methadone would be the long term answer to my pain and it DID help BUT."

Joe1968 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I started taking methadone for degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, herniated an ruptured disks and Crohn's disease when other pain medicines stopped working for me. It worked great for me from the start. It is an around the clock relief as long as you find the right dosage. I'm starting to not get the same relief I was and think it's time for a dose change or a possible breakthrough pain medicine needs to be added. I also take Neurontin to help my nerve pain."

chewychew (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Chronic arthritic pain caused me to choose a knee replacement at 51 years old. Sadly, the same leg gained an ankle that is bone on bone due to the gait caused by the bad knee joint. Methadone works best for me with 800mg Ibuprofen. The worst experience with this medication is pharmacy staff. Until they got to know me, of course they assumed I was an addict. Although to be honest, most pain meds cause 2nd class citizen treatment from most medical staff, i.e. phlebotomists, front office staff at doctors office. I like that I can miss 10 or 20 mg of 60 mg/daily dose & not be in unbearable pain or withdrawing from the methadone."

MarcoMe (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis 5 years ago. Tried every narcotic, or non narcotic and never found relief. Naturally became addicted and took a year coming off of 100/micrgr fentenanyl patches. ( 3 every 24/hrs plus oxy 80 as breakthrough ) when I got low enough I took Suboxone to ease my withdrawals. Suboxone worked awesome and I stayed on 20/mg a day for two years, but the analgesic effect of Suboxone is low, and I switched to methadone last August. I love the incredible half life of methadone and its analgesic effects are great for chronic pain. I recommend this to anyone fighting the pain management battle."

Lucke (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "Starting the methadone treatment was the best thing for me it saved my life turned my life around for the better just when I thought I was at the end of the rope that I just wanted to die. Someone told me about the methadone I tried it and it worked. "

Detroit's Finest (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I've had problems with painkillers mixed with real chronic pain problems for 20 years. Methadone has been part of the problem and help over the years. It works extremely well with pain. Better than most other medicines out there (and I've taken them all for pain at one time or another). It's pretty easy to come down to a very small amount daily like 5mg a day but to break that last 5mg Pill is torture. And then you have weeks of feeling off and not yourself."

tovock March 15, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "Gave me my life back. The first thing I take in the morning and the last thing I take in the evening."

Anonymous March 2, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Methadose (methadone) for Opiate Withdrawal: "I've been on methadone for over 27 years and all I can say is that Methadose saved my life, if not for the clinic I go to I probably wouldn't be writing this opinion right now. This medication has helped me to lead a normal life after 15 years of addiction."

jettttjunkie February 26, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "When I first went on methadone for opiate withdrawal I was skeptical but sure enough I suffered NO withdrawal symptoms. I would have rated it a ten instead of a 9 but I DID kind of crave opiates for the first month I was on it."

sopranofan (taken for 10 years or more) February 17, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I'm a paraplegic and was on pain meds for the first few years after my accident but I'd been off for many years. I'd been put back on pain meds, methadone, for joint pain, back and neck pain. While it has cut the pain you DO NOT WANT TO BE ON THIS unless you have no other option. The withdrawal is long, muscle spasms, thoughts of dying, cramps, night sweats, etc. It also caused fluid retention in my legs and abdomen while taking it along with MANY other side effects."

TommyKnockerz (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 10, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dolophine (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "Taking this medication lets me have a little bit of the life I had before my body became full of arthritis, it has been a God send."

sherribee January 30, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Methadone Diskets (methadone) for Chronic Pain: "I like this medication because you can only take one dose and it will last you the entire day as for other medications that you have to take every 4 to 6 hours. It definitely takes away the pain."

Hunter030 January 20, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opiate Withdrawal: "I was addicted to drugs for about 10 years. I finally hit rock bottom and really needed help and fast. So the local Methadone clinic had me come in. I have now been on Methadone for about 3 years now. Methadone has helped me get my life back and get my confidence back as well. If I hadn't found methadone then I probably would have been dead or just miserable and wishing I were dead. But you also have to take into account that you are trading one drug for another. Methadone does help, but it is very addictive too. Most (not all) of the people that go to the clinic I go to abuse methadone and benzo's. Methadone is hard to get off of harder then heroin. Take this in account."

Bebe301 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2014