User Reviews for Asacol

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Asacol.

Asacol Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 135 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease.

Reviews for Asacol to treat Crohn's Disease

"Been taking this for 23 years - was doing quite well for a long time 4-6 x 400mg daily. No longer working - had bowel perforation and Chronic pains in large bowel and caecum. I've been on and off steriods for a year so trying azathioprine next week. Bloods returned anaemic low b12 so having injections also low TPMT - heterozygous ( Patients with low activity of TPMT are at a heightened risk of drug-induced bone marrow toxicity due to accumulation of the unmetabolised drug) so can only take low dose of aza. It is important to get checked for this before you start azathioprine. Let’s hope it works !! Sick of being sick and struggling to work."

Ttra (taken for 10 years or more) February 17, 2018

"Helped with crohns but gave me acne and increased tinnitus"

Juniper6543 November 18, 2015

"I was diagnosed with crohn's disease when I was 27yrs old. I'm now 54. Ive been through 2 fistula removal's and many nights awaken with extreme rectal spasams. no fun! Extreme weight loss and fatigue. My Dr. put me on Asacol 400mg (2 in the morning, and 2 at night). turned my life around. Dr. told me I needed to stay on the medicine for rest of my life. I felt great, put weight back on and then I did a stupid thing. I decided to stop taking it. was doing fine for past 5yrs but its back. weight loss and all other symptoms, cramping, loss of appetite, etc.. If Asacol is working for you, stay on it."

Rick B July 6, 2015

"Has been very effective for maintaining remission of symptoms. Note: had to decrease dose to 400 mg 3 times daily. Passed pills whole at higher dose."

Nano also (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2013

"So far this medicine had slowed down multiple diarrhea problems"

nic niv (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2013

"I have been on Asacol for 7 years and have only minor flare ups. I have had 3 "flares" in 7 years so I am a fan of Asacol. I take the max dose of 12 per day. I also have colitis. Thanks to insurance my cost is ONLY $200 a month."

Pauling (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 26, 2013

"I have been taking Asacol HD since I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease almost 3 years ago and have had only one flare-up. This works great for me!"

TREEman 1966 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2013

"Gave me severe abdominal pain and retried it 3 times. I think it did damage to my colon but some people do alright on it. "

Anonymous April 12, 2012