User Reviews for Meloxicam (Page 9)

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex Anjeso

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 2.8
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 6.4 471 reviews

Reviews for Meloxicam

JA 123! · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Took pill after eating dinner, now 9 PM & I was dizzy, felt nauseated, room spun, then threw up!all within 20 Minutes. Never will I take this again!!!!!!!!!!!”

Neecie85 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was prescribed this medication due to my rheumatoid arthritis but I have also had plantar fasciitis for over a year. This has literally taken away at least 80% of my pain on my feet. I'm able to be active again.”

EricG54 December 3, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was prescribed 15mg, as needed once a day, for pain and inflamation due to sciatica. I feel it does nothing.”

WildwingSuz · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 28, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I've been taking Meloxicam on and off for about five years since I began having back problems (pain), which have not been diagnosed. I'm a 55 yr old overweight woman. I take two 7.5 mg tablets a few hours before I know I'll be active and it really dulls the pain of walking, bending, etc. I do try not to take it very often, just when I need it, but it helps me a lot. No side effects that I have noticed.”

Davebi November 12, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have a rheumatoid arthritic condition on my right thumb where it attaches my wrist. As a professional bassist, this is a serious issue. My doctor prescribed 15 mgs of meloxicam daily, the maximum adult dosage. The first day I took it, it provided some relief for about 6 hours. It's been ineffectual since. I get better results from taking Aleve.”

DrRed November 2, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “Aleve worked much better at controlling pain.”

Lower back pain arthritisL3-5 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 26, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have tried mobic for quite some time and just recently switched to celebrex. Pros mobic is cheap but ineffective. Pain is still horrible. When I switched to celebrex made a huge difference. Con of celebrex is its expensive but effective.”

BARKER222 October 19, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Took Mobic after 2 days had to go to the ER,had bad rash, eye & face swelling.really terrible drug for me.”

Macygirl08 October 5, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I was prescribed Mobic for c-3-4-5 herniated disc repair, plate screws and fusion post surgery meds. This was a horrible drug for me. I swelled face, hands and feet so much so I looked like a different person. water retention maximized! Then complicating matters is the weight gain! I gained 15 pounds in 2 months! I am a petite 110 lb woman. The added weight raised my blood pressure needed to see a cardiologist and rx meds to return me back where I started! I would NOT recommend this medication. Since then my pain is managed and monitored by rx pain meds not NSAIDs.”

Shay305 · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I have been suffering from inflammation in the joints I am a 21 year old female and my rheumatologist put me on the meloxicam medication 15 mg a day which has worked out great for me before I couldn't even jump, my knees were always stiff and I've noticed I can do squats and exercise again which is great I've only been taking it for a few days and I already noticed a difference I don't have any symptoms with this medication and I think it's awesome the only reason I scored a 9 and not a 10 is bc I kno sometimes medications are too good to be true and there can be some long term affects but for right now I haven't felt this good for a long time I almost feel young again lol”

jp184 October 3, 2016

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis in my back, wrists, and knee. I take Meloxicam 15 mg and it works great... For my back and knees only. When my arthritis flares up in my wrists it's unbearable. Almost like the medicine does nothing.”

Wylddog September 30, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “Took Meloxicam for 2 weeks. Helped with the pain, but noticed stomach swelling. Woke up one night with severe stomach cramps. Passed out in bathroom. Had to be taken to Hospital. Had stomach bleeding. Lost 2 pints of blood and had stomach ulcer. This drug is dangerous.”

Ally the Hoosier September 27, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “Works great as a substitute for Advil but just as worried about long-term effect.”

Ninky · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 24, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Got bitten by a tick 5 years ago - finally diagnosed as Lyme in Germany. Live in Mexico in the winter, and here my doctor gives me a shot of Meloxicam about once a month, and within a few hours, I am literally pain free for weeks, and have had no side effects whatsoever, and it takes away the swelling in my joints that is extremely debilitating! Lots of energy and this shot has literally saved my life and sanity!”

Shondac September 22, 2016

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Works ok”

brina62 · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I found this drug to not give me any relief at all..I'm so disappointed bcuz I've heard a lot about how good it has worked for others”

J.John September 5, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Male age 73. Meloxican 7.5. I have developed a rash and itch after six days, weight gain, and decreased urinating. The rash and itch according to the side effects description can become severe. I am discontinuing its use.”

chocoholic1225 September 5, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I've been on Meloxicam twice. The first time was 15 mg. It helped the pain but I had a lot of problems with water retention and I gained 15 lbs. I went off the med because of the side effects. It took 2 months but I lost the 15 lbs. My new doctor put me back on it but at 7.5 mg. I am again going off it because of significant water retention and I have gained the 15 lbs back. To me, the swelling of my hands and feet from water retention and the weight gain are not worth the benefits for my arthritis. I'll stick with Aleve.”

ScottyDogg · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Works great, with in 7 days time ..”

Kat D August 17, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Doctor prescribed this medication due to inflammation from plantar fasciitis. 15 mg once a day. Read all the literature about this drug. It was great at relieving the pain in my heel. However, after only one dose I had dizziness and a pounding headache. Also got heartburn even though I took it in a full stomach. I also felt my heart racing and got pressure in my ears. Most likely due to it raising my blood pressure. Definitely not worth all that as I had a TIA 8 years ago. The instructions to doctors says to use the lowest dose for the shortest period of time. Should have been given 7.5 and not for 2 months.”

EdPsyDr August 14, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “Very effective in greatly reducing from spondylolithesis so far”

Jan9291 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Used to control inflammation from Psoriatic arthritis and spondylitis. Was switched from Celebrex which was giving me headaches, afternoon severe fatigue and a brain fog. Mobic/meloxicam does not provide as much pain relief as the Celebrex but it definitely takes the edge off. It does not zap my energy and I can get many things done. I am not laying around anymore, I almost seem ADD like. I have some insomnia, where I wake up after about 5 hours of sleep. Some days I do feel a little edgy and snappish, but overall this med is helping me function.”

BP1204 August 12, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “I was placed on 15mg/day of Meloxicam for inflammation of Soras mucle, related groin pain and instability of my SI joint. I only took it for a week but stopped because of the side effects; 5 lb weight gain, excessive hair loss, etc.”

Midwife Barb August 11, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “Not any observed difference in benefit between Meloxicam and Celebrex which I have taken for years. What I have noticed is MASSIVE HAIR LOSS. This happened to me when I was on Vioxx, another COX-2 inhibitor (before they took it off the market). Will be going back on Celebrex.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “22 year old female diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatologist switched me from regular higher dose naproxen to meloxicam. All the pain relief I had been having with the naproxen disappeared when I switched over. Got off work the other day to find that I had some rectal bleeding as well. I suffer from depression as well and am medicated for it, but the second I started taking this drug my symptoms got much worse. I believe the meloxicam is causing a big bunch of problems for me, and I only just started taking it.”