User Reviews for Meclizine

Also known as: Antivert, Bonine, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Motion-Time, Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy, Travel Sickness, Antrizine, Dramamine II, D-Vert, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous Travel-Ease Sea-Calm

Motion Sickness 8.5
Nausea/Vomiting 9.0
Vertigo 7.1
Summary of Meclizine reviews 7.6 185 reviews

Reviews for Meclizine

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2020

For Vertigo: “So my neurologist started me in this medication because I have been complaining of dizziness and feeling light headed . We are in the process of figuring out exactly why. I started my first dose last night and felt very strange falling asleep , as though my tongue was thicker/heavier than normal but was breathing fine and kinda passed out . Anyway I get up today fine with no dizziness but I was so cold I was shivering . I have lower than average blood pressure and I also take a muscle relaxer at night for spasms so I attributed it. The new med added to my low blood pressure further . Got up and had breakfast , and then immediately felt weird and extremely tired like I need to lie down . So that’s where I am now . The whole point of this was to make me not feel like I had to lie down from dizziness and being lightheaded ! Lol. I feel light headed now though and just very fatigued , so I can't say I’m impressed with this as a solution . Back to the drawing board.”

Surfer girl June 12, 2020

For Motion Sickness: “I’ve taken Bonine for motion sickness, or if I wake up and my head feels a little off, I get the one that says less drowsy, and it works great, a lot better than regular dramamine that knocked me out. I don’t even think it makes me drowsy.”

Dragonfly 0471 March 21, 2020

Antivert (meclizine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I have chronic mastroiditis the internet says I need antibiotics for each time I get this. I have told the drs. They won't give me antibiotics. Especially now with world's crisis. Well so far I believe that my prescription anti vertigo works with my veritgo and reaccuring infections have temporally have worked. at least with the pain. I still may have to go into to get checked for infection. So far so good .”

Nurse March 11, 2020

For Vertigo: “Yes, Antivert definitely helps my dizziness/vertigo”

Milmil4248 · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Was prescribed meclizine for nausea/ dizziness that started due to a viral infection. It definitely helped in my experience completely stop any of the symptoms I had, only thing worth noting in my experience is that it definitely made me wanna lay down and sleep.”

Jeromebill7718 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 22, 2020

For Vertigo: “If you start this drug cut it I half or even 1/4's. Take a 1/4 every 2-3 hours until you are a bit sleepy or it works. Do not take more than three doses a day unless your doctor tells you to. Read the label. Most of all, if you have Meniers disease just get the damn surgery and save this and other allergy meds for insomnia.”

lmjsierra · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2020

For Vertigo: “Had some inner ear inflammation due to a cold and had a day where the room was literally spinning all day. Went to urgent care and was prescribed this. It did stop the dizziness but I feel like I am in a different paradox and I am super super sleepy! Took Wednesday and Thursday. Today is Friday I am going to discontinue use of this drug.”

Nicole · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2020

For Vertigo: “I was prescribed this for vertigo. It might take the edge off of my dizziness, but not enough to significant. I have also noticed that every time I take it, I am up all night with internal tremors. Scary!”

Meee · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2020

For Vertigo: “I couldn’t even stand/walk without feeling dizzy. Took this and about an hour later I didn’t feel dizzy anymore! Yay! But it DID make me feel drunk. Felt drunk with the vertigo, but felt MORE drunk with the pills! But it made the dizziness go away, so I’m happy”

Vs · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2019

For Motion Sickness: “I took Bonine prior to a return airplane flight home due to experiencing motion sickness on a flight out of state. This worked so well for me. Even during turbulence, I felt great. An added bonus was it seemed to reduce the intensity and frequency of hot flashes that I've been dealing with for the past year!”

FuzzyPenguin · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2019

Bonine (meclizine) for Vertigo: “I took one chewable tablet and have been drowsy and out of it for two days now. I've had severe nausea that comes in waves, dry mouth, a headache, and blurred vision this whole time. My heart rate is also very high. Overall I feel like I'm in a daze, can't think straight, and just not very well overall. I will never take this medication again and I hope it wears off soon.”

drowsy · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

For Vertigo: “First let me say that from the moment I was prescribed meclizine for vertigo, I didn’t feel it was necessary. I had a few short dizzy spells and brought it up to my doctor. He put me on 25mg of meclizine, three times a day. Although weary, I took it as prescribed for 4 days before I had to stop. I felt such a heavy mental fog, I must have fallen asleep about 3-5 times each day that I took it, and I was completely spaced out. I felt absolutely EXHAUSTED from the minute I woke up. On the last day I took it, I had fallen asleep at 8 pm the night before, woke up at 730 am, went back to bed at 10 am, and didn’t get up until I had to at 530 pm because I had to go to work. I felt numb and “shut off”. The side effects were far worse than the brief dizzy spells I experienced.”

Raz November 13, 2019

For Vertigo: “I'm a little worried the drug seems to help me perfectly with my vertigo. But it makes me ridiculously sensation of being drunk - I don't mean I'm drinking and mixing with alcohol. I have a very severe reaction the original Dramamine which did this to me which is ironic because that's why it's not prescribed to most people. But this stuff makes me drunk and I haven't seen any similar experiences.”

Theresa November 12, 2019

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “I took Bonine on recommendation before going to Universal Studios as some of the motion simulated rides there make me feel nauseous. It’s been 2.5 days and I am still so incredibly drowsy. I’ve been drinking lots of water each day to try and flush it out if my system, but it seems to be taking an incredibly long time to wear off completely. I won’t be taking this again. I’m going back to Dramamine.”

WelcomeToDetox · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

Bonine (meclizine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Bonine also works great for nausea that is not associated with motion sickness.”

Dizzy Lizzy · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

For Vertigo: “Meclizine cured the vertigo immediately with no side effects. My refill is different this time it is called Meclizine HCL, may a different brand of generic This one leaves me light headed. Is there something different in the Meclizine HCL to my other one just labelled Meclizine - without the HCL? ”

Alaska girl · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2019

For Motion Sickness: “I used meclizine for a 10 day boat trip around Kodiak Island AK which has major waves. I definitely get seasick easily, and I wasn’t seasick once! Took 1 pill every eve. I don’t feel like I had too many side effects-slept heavy, sometimes tired but not bad compared to the regular Dramamine (diphenhydramine). I definitely had super vivid dreams every night. Others on the boat taking it shared that same experience. Some of my dreams were kind of obsessive and annoying but still slept good.”

Ellejae October 9, 2019

For Motion Sickness: “I took a couple of Meclizine Hydrochloride a good few hours before a boat trip in Gran Canaria, however after no less than 30mins on the trip I come over feeling really rough. To cut the story short, I faced a miserable 3hrs on the boat, and threw up countless times. Worst antiemetic I've ever used and certainly won't use it again.”

So · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

Bonine (meclizine) for Vertigo: “Suddenly gotten vertigo after my ear got fluid in it from a sinus infection that wasn’t fully cleared from other antibiotics. I ended up feeling so bad for 3 days and bed ridden until I got this yesterday and actually been able to function. I been able to take a shower and make food and wake up without the room spinning! I have to take 3 times a day as directed by my doctor. Only down fall it makes you super drowsy! The drowsiness caused me to slept throughout the night since I have gotten vertigo, which was good since I haven’t slept in days. Get this if you suffering from vertigo it saved me.”

Sis · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2019

Dramamine II (meclizine) for Vertigo: “Took 2 and it relived the vertigo.”

Ris August 23, 2019

For Vertigo: “I recently got a bad case of vertigo due to neglected calcification in my inner left ear. I've always had ear problems since I was a young child (getting swimmers ear, trauma to my ear drum from pebbles being forced in there, etc.). So I got this prescription because of that. The first two days, I had a horrible time. I got severe RLS (restless leg syndrome) and could not sleep at all. I found out this was due to the anti-histamine factors of the Meclizine. I absolutely DO NOT recommend taking Meclizine after 3pm if you are sensitive to anti-histamines and are prone to RLS like I am. I started taking my 3 doses of 25mg only in the morning/early afternoon time and it has worked perfectly. I'm kind of a small person so any dose later in the day will keep me up all night. That being said, works like a charm now. I highly recommend this medication because it really does wonders for my vertigo, and also helps with the nausea that comes with it!”

Rich · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2019

For Vertigo: “Meclizine works greatnfor vertigo I can really tell when I don’t use it. Cheaper when you get a script and let insurance pay for it. Huge fan. Life changing!!! NO side effects.”

C · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

For Vertigo: “Worked after one pill. So relieved!”

Deb · Taken for 10 years or more April 29, 2019

For Vertigo: “It works as a diuretic, I urinate excessively , approximately half gallon over 12 hours when my dose is at least 25 to 50 mg. This comes in handy when I retained water and get off balance. It took me years to realize it was the meclizine that cause my excessive urination”

Mohamed April 15, 2019

For Vertigo: “Meclizine is a super medicine for vertigo no side effects”