User Reviews for Meclizine (Page 8)

Also known as: Antivert, Bonine, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Motion-Time, Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy, Travel Sickness, Antrizine, Dramamine II, D-Vert, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous Travel-Ease Sea-Calm

Nausea/Vomiting 9.0
Motion Sickness 8.5
Vertigo 7.1
Summary of Meclizine reviews 7.6 185 reviews

Reviews for Meclizine

vertimama December 31, 2008

Dramamine II (meclizine) for Vertigo: “Works for me.”

Anonymous December 15, 2008

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “It worked immediately. I was on a cruise ship and as soon as I popped it into my mouth the vertigo and nausea disappeared for 24 hours. No drowsiness.”

Anonymous December 15, 2008

“I've been taking meclizine for over 20 years now. I was given it orignally by my doctor to help with the dizziness and vertigo I would get from my hypoglycemia. It works well but for me it takes about 1 hour to kick in. Sometimes it takes the dizziness completely away, other times it takes the edge off so I can at least function. As far as I know meclizine is the only drug out there for dizziness. Makes me tired but I'll take being tired over dizzy any day.”

Anonymous November 9, 2008

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “I went on a 4 day, 3 night cruise with my identical twin. Both of us had previously taken Dramamine but neither of us liked it due to the sleepiness. She bought some Bonine while I had my doctor write me a prescription for the back-ear sticker. Both of us took our medicines 12 hours before getting on our plane. I got tired while she enjoyed poking me and making fun. The back ear patch didnt work, because I got sick with in minutes of being on the ship. My sister forced me to take the patch off and made me take the Bonine. We had a great trip. We swear by Bonine and our family and friends love it too. ”

Anonymous September 29, 2008

Bonine (meclizine) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I had nausea, vomiting and dizziness due to withdrawls from medicines. Taking Bonine has helped me get through the day.”

KClean September 20, 2008

For Motion Sickness: “I have taken regular Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) & now Dramamine II (meclizine). Both are great products. I have no side effects except for slight dry mouth/nostrils, but this is a condition I am prone to without taking meclizine. ”

Anonymous August 13, 2008

For Vertigo: “I was prescribed Meclizine because I was so dizzy I couldn't even sit, now after taking it for 4 days it's starting to get a lot better. They don't know the cause of my dizziness, all they know is it has to do with my nervous system. While we are waiting to have a lot of tests done they put me on this. The only problem I have is it puts me to sleep and knocks me out. But it affects everybody differently.”

Anonymous August 8, 2008

For Vertigo: “I had been diagnosed with Meneire's disease and unfortunately one of the side problems associated with it is vertigo. I take meclizine every day as a preventative and have been vertigo free on all the days I've taken it. On the days I don't take it, there's generally a 75% chance that the vertigo will come back hard.”

dricci93 July 23, 2008

“I was Diagnosed with Vertigo and was prescribed Meclizine 25 mg to take 3 times a day. I am not dizzy as before and feel much better. I did not have bad side effects, only dry mouth and tired. However, I did not drive a vehicle while taking the drug nor did I use machinery. I cannot tell you how that would work in conjunction with the drug.”

soma2314 July 5, 2008

For Vertigo: “Helped with vertigo but inital dosage made me feel somewhat drugged. A half dose worked better for me as the side effects went away.”

Anonymous June 23, 2008

Bonine (meclizine) for Vertigo: “This drug was prescribed for me by a Doctor in 1983 for vertigo. It worked beautifully and I occasionally take it when needed yet today.”

Anonymous June 3, 2008

For Vertigo: “Definitely helped with vertigo. Made me very sleepy.”