User Reviews for Meclizine (Page 7)

Also known as: Antivert, Bonine, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Motion-Time, Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy, Travel Sickness, Antrizine, Dramamine II, D-Vert, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous Travel-Ease Sea-Calm

Nausea/Vomiting 9.0
Motion Sickness 8.5
Vertigo 7.1
Summary of Meclizine reviews 7.6 185 reviews

Reviews for Meclizine

Anonymous June 16, 2011

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “I took it prior to leaving on a cruise and it worked very well. I took it every day that we were at sea. I highly recommend this medication.”

Christine P. March 7, 2011

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “Hated the taste of the chewable Bonine and did not help with my motion sickness.”

heypal November 30, 2010

For Vertigo: “I have re-occurring bouts of vertigo about 3-4 times a year. It seldom lasts more than 14-20 hours but is severe at times, spinning surroundings, and feeling of falling backwards. Usually the drowsy feeling stays with me for 2 days. I have tried the natural remedies but find that Bonine or Meclizine works the best for me. I have had a hard time to find it over the counter the past year.”

Craig L September 10, 2010

Dramamine Less Drowsy (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “I've always had success taking this. I have noticed that I have never had a turbulent flight when I've taken this, which I think would be a good test.”

Anonymous August 29, 2010

For Motion Sickness: “We cruise 2 or 3 times a year and this medication has made it possible for me to enjoy it. The first 2 were several years apart because I got so sick on the first one. The second one I was sick only one day and the infirmary gave me some samples of meclizine. Within hours I felt great and now I start taking meclizine the day before we sail until the day after we get home. I have had very few issues, a little "queasy" when in VERY rough seas, but never sick. For those few times, ginger ale has settled me right down. I highly recommend this medication for anyone suffering from motion sickness.”

Anonymous July 29, 2010

For Vertigo: “Just started taking meclizine for an episode of vertigo I had yesterday. Still feeling a little off balance and dizzy, but at least the room isn't spinning and I don't have the falling sensation. Went to the doctor today to run some tests, but since I started the Bonine yesterday, the tests were inconclusive, since they couldn't trigger the vertigo. Looks like this medicine works. I am sleepy though, but am still having trouble sleeping, guess it's just being anxious that it might happen again. Also, reading/typing triggers more dizziness. Doctor said to continue on the meclizine for 2 weeks and it should take care of itself. If not, to return to him, for further testing.”

Tom S. May 24, 2010

Bonine (meclizine) for Vertigo: “I have recently had several episodes of vertigo, likely due to ear problems. I was recommended meclizine by a doctor and it worked very well. I had expected to have to go to bed, but I was able to go to a friend's house for dinner. I did feel sleepy the next day, however.”

Free Fred May 15, 2010

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “Works great, makes me a little drowsy. I would not take it if I am driving.”

Anonymous February 3, 2010

For Vertigo: “My doctor perscribed Meclizine to help stop the dizziness associated with my inner ear infection they call Labarynthitis. It is very difficult to function, or drive myself to work with the dizziness but the Meclizine makes me so tired I feel drugged. Not sure which I'd prefer, the dizziness or the sleepiness because either way, I can't drive and that makes getting to work and function quite difficult.”

Anonymous January 21, 2010

Bonine (meclizine) for Vertigo: “This was my first time having Vertigo. It lasted 4 days and the medication helped but by the 3rd day my head was killing me. Don't know if this is normal.”

Kbourdo January 14, 2010

For Vertigo: “I have had vertigo for 4 weeks now, and absolutely nothing has helped with getting rid of it. My doctor prescribed me Meclizine. I took it and no changes to my vertigo whatsoever. Now on to the next drug.”

Sammie Lee November 25, 2009

For Vertigo: “They also gave me 5 mg Valium for night time so I don't feel like I am falling out of bed . The 2 together seem to really do the trick but they had only written me a 7 day supply, so on the 12th day vertigo came back. This time Doctor gave me the meclizine and no Valium. Hope it works well alone. I get so scared when I have an episode.”

Anonymous October 30, 2009

Dramamine II (meclizine) for Vertigo: “Although it will relieve or ease the vertigo I hate to take it because I "lose the day" - one pill will have side effects for about 8 hours. I am unable to leave the house or drive. I never take more than one in 24 hours, and as few days as absolutely necessary. I am 83 years old.”

ginapoof October 4, 2009

Dramamine II (meclizine) for Vertigo: “I had to take 75mg of it, but it did work!”

Anonymous September 27, 2009

For Vertigo: “Just started Mecliizine 25mg 3 days ago to treat vertigo condition. Works great, but it makes me so sleepy. I take it before bed now, and only once per day, as opposed to the recommended 6 to 8 hours. I've been dealing with nausea and dizziness almost daily for the past few years, this medication has provided instant relief, and I am now almost guaranteed to sleep through the night.”

Anonymous September 27, 2009

For Vertigo: “The doctor gave me 25mg. I think this is too strong for me. Now I have a very bad headache”

Anonymous September 23, 2009

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Didn't take my nausea away completely but it did not make me sleepy.”

gold4261 September 9, 2009

For Motion Sickness: “It does help me a lot, plus I have zero side effects.”

Anonymous August 27, 2009

For Vertigo: “I have noticed breast tenderness with this medicine, which is definitely a little weird. I am not pregnant or nursing. As long as I take the medicine exactly on time (every 6 hours) my vertigo is kept at bay.”

JB930 August 8, 2009

For Vertigo: “I have had problems with vertigo, dizziness and just a sense of feeling unbalanced for about 15 years. Never really have found out what causes it, but many times have taken Bonine (meclizine)and one or both ears will pop and I will feel better. I have never had any side effects from this medication whatsoever and would recommend it. I am very susceptible to heart arrhythmia activity and this medication has never caused me any problems. ”

Anonymous July 22, 2009

For Vertigo: “I have inner ear damage because of shingles and the medicine has always helped when vertigo has suddenly been a problem. A little drowsiness, but even that disappears within twenty minutes. VERY effective.”

Anonymous July 14, 2009

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “Both my son and I took this on a diving trip and it worked great. No side effects. I have high blood pressure and had no effects that I could tell. We took 1 the night before and 1 an hour before the boat left the dock.”

melibrym May 18, 2009

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “Took Bonine for a 3 hour flight and it worked great. I get motion sickness very easily and Bonine stopped the nausea and dizziness. I did have some drowsiness, but I will take that over the dizziness and nausea any day.”

Anonymous April 24, 2009

For Vertigo: “Worked well for vertigo from an inner ear infection. Did not make me drowsy at all, but it did make my eyes very dry. Worked perfect for the vertigo.”

Anonymous April 6, 2009

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: “We are cruisers and have been on many since 1980. My doctor at the time told me to try Bonine, and it has gotten me through many a rough sea and I'm always able to enjoy myself. I have forgotten to take it twice and each time got motion sickness. So I always recommend it to family, friends and other new cruisers.”