User Reviews for Suprep

Learn more about Suprep.

Suprep Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 84 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep to treat Bowel Preparation

"Honestly the worst tasting thing I have ever had. I couldn't finish the second dosage because the taste was so bad. The doctors did say my bowels were clean though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

"Greetings fellow preppers! Positive as far as results and even taste. I've done other cheaper preps in the past and while the 'end' results were clearing ,others made me gag and vomit but not this. Please do have your bttle of waters chilled in refrigerator so cold. manage clear liquids all day till 6 pm, poured the 6 oz bottle of prep into the container provided and then topped off to the fill line cold water. grabbed a lemon and a straw, then proceeded to the bathroom in case I got sick drinking it but I didn't. I actually found the straw annoying and gagging so removed it,licked the lemon then started sipping a mouthful at a time.Got it all down in 10 minutes, then 30 mins later on commode,Clear in 1 1/2 hrs. repeat in morn.Blessings2 U"

Bottoms Up August 26, 2016

"The suggestion to chill the Suprep in fridge, chill your water, soda and or gatorade is great advice. Yes use a straw. I put a Lifesavor Peppermint in my mouth to prepare for the Suprep's nasty taste, then I added cold water and ginger ale to the fill line in the cup provided. Using a straw, holding my nose, I quickly drank the Supra with the peppermint Lifesaver between my gums and cheek so in between each sip I was able to get the nasty taste out of my mouth with the mint. Having a lifesaver peppermint REALLY helps with the aftertaste! It's my 3rd colonoscopy and this time I was actually able to get through it without gagging on the stuff. Yes it is like metallic grape drink!"

No Panic in Detroit (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

"The taste was ghastly for me--so salty, bubbly, and fake limish but not in a good way. But it was effective. One bottle at 5 p.m. and one at 8 p.m. with lots of water after each. I wasn't expecting to have to go all night so that was jarring. Followed all of the doctor's instructions to a t because who wants to go through this again anytime soon. Ten years ago the prep lasted longer so I thought starting the prep at 5 was an improvement, but anyone who can figure out how to deliver this efficient of a bowel prep with a pill and avoid having to down nasty tasting stuff like this should earn the appreciation of all of us and the Nobel prize in medecine. The prep is the worst part of a colonscopy--ask anyone. But they can save lives."

Finally over August 25, 2016

"Followed a very light diet 2 days before prep day to minimize volume. No meat, nothing spicy. Just eggs, pasta, lots of water. Took 1st dose at 5pm after liquids all day. In hindsight, I would stop drinking anything about an hour before because the bloat of 16oz of solution then 32oz of water within an hour was uncomfortable. Drank with a straw as far back in my throat as possible and held my nose. Didn't want to drag it out so finished it within 5 minutes. Chewed peppermint gum afterwards to kill the taste; the last 3 sips were rough to get down. It began working in about 30 minutes. 2 hrs/6 trips to the potty and I seem to be done. Morning will be hard. Water on an empty stomach in the a.m always makes me nauseous."

1st timer (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

"After a whole day of liquid diet, I attempted to take my first dose at 5 pm. The taste was awful, it took me 2 hrs to drink it and i really had to force myself to do it. Got to a half the cup and then i was alternating sip of the prep and sip of water. Then i had the additional water. Worked excellent though and I didn't have any side effects. Was terrified to drink it the next morning at 4:45 am on an empty stomach, but thanks to the comments on this site i was prepared. i used a straw and mixed it with a really cold water. Didn't give me the nausated feeling like the night before. Did a really good job on cleansing the bowel. Even my doc said that my prep was he best that day lol."

Sorebooty (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

"I was scheduled for a colonoscopy and made the mistake of reading all of these reviews and was horrified!! So I decided to concentrate on the good reviews instead but use tips of all. I was amazingly surprised to find this wasn't bad at all!!!! I'll share how I masked the taste to help others. I mixed the medicine bottle with water as instructed. (Make sure it's very cold...water and colon prep) then I poured only a fourth of it in a seperate glass and sprinkled some crystal light peach mango in and stirred. I then cut up lemon (Also a life saver). I got a big straw and drank and much as I could and then sucked on lemon. Finished all fourths in ten minutes, 2 waters afterwards is tough. This worked well for me and I would highly recommend!"

It's not bad at all!!! (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

"Nasty stuff, no doubt. It did work though. Started 1st dose at 7 pm. Poured in 16 oz cup and added cold water per instructions. Drank it holding my nose. Took about 30 minutes to get it down. Bowel movement started within another 30 minutes. Went on until about 9:30. Just liquid by that point. Next dose at 4 am. Much harder to get down. Took about an hour and I could not finish the whole thing. It still worked within 30 minutes and here is the kicker. 2nd dose needed for stuff that builds up over the night. Started out pretty dark again, mostly liquid, and finished at light yellow. It cleaned me out but good. Procedure at 10 am and had 5 polyps. Clips needed for one larger one. Waiting on biopsy bottom line DO IT !!!"

Sorebut August 14, 2016

"After a full day of liquid diet drank the first bottle at 6pm. I was able to get it down with a straw no problem. Drank a cup of chicken broth 15 minutes later to get rid of after taste. An hour later threw up everything and had to cancel the procedure after I called the doctor. Whatever is left in my system did empty my bowels though."

Bodrum (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

"Pros: excellent results - thoroughly cleaned color; two portions of 16 oz Cons: TASTE, chills, bloating, and the long time it took to cleanse (I took second portion at 1:30 and was still going at 6 a.m. for a 7:30 procedure.) Important to note: each person's reaction is unique. Don't let the reviews scare you. At the endoscopy center everyone was comparing notes about the product they used, and there didn't seem to be a consensus as to which product was the best."

Mixed Reviews August 3, 2016

"My experience is the same except, after the initial dose it took 4 hrs for anything to happen!! Didn't get to bed until after 1:30AM. It was non stop. Woke up at 4:15 and had two more BMs. Barely made it to the bathroom. Got the second dose down (it is such an awful taste, I stared at it for about 25 mins mustering up the courage!) This time the effects were immediate. The only issue is that after one hour, I vomited spontaneously and as one can imagine, with the force of the projection, I was exploding at both ends. It was so humiliating. On top of that, with all the wiping, my bum is so sore I can barely sit now! My procedure is in 2 hours and I am afraid to drive there. Not sure when the second dose effects will stop. Scared!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

"I cannot take the 2nd dose anymore so I mixed it with freshly squeezed lemonade instead of water. I also chilled the Suprep bottle solution overnight so it was really cold when I mixed it with lemonade (don't forget to strain so it's pulp-free). This makes a big difference. I was able to drink the entire cup in three gulps. Chewing sugar-free gum after taking it also helps."

Bianchi August 2, 2016

"Just took first dose. Mixed with water and didn't breathe while drinking, so didn't taste it. Took me 4 long drinks, separated by swigs of Zevia Lemon Twist colorless soda and 3-5 minute pauses. Chewing Double-mint gum right now - so far so good."

Cantaloupe July 31, 2016

"The stuff tastes horrible. But I made it bearable by cold water and hot chicken broth. My nurse said drink the prep over 40 minutes. So every five minutes I drank some prep (with a straw and ice to keep it cold) and then some regular ice water and the hot chicken broth. The broth saved me because it immediately cut out the taste of the prep. Plus, it almost feels like food. I had set up my toilet area ahead of time. Within five minutes of the last swallow of prep I was on the toilet. I was on the toilet for over an hour but overall experience not bad. Really- worst part is drinking the prep."

Toilet reader (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

"So as someone who used to get drunk on rumpleminze peppermint schnapps, the taste is really not that bad. Surprisingly savory. I've drank worse. I started going about 2 hours ago after first dose, seems to be tailing off now. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Don't try to get an errand in after you drink this stuff. Also keep a bland diet for the week of. I ate spicy noodles yesterday, and I wish I could have that decision back. All humor aside, I'm really just hoping I don't have colon cancer. The prep is what it is, but you'll get through it. Drink the solution as cold as you can make it and do it fast. I chugged it and it wasn't that gross until the aftertaste. Sipping would be rough."

Pooper scooper July 29, 2016

"After reading reviews and prepping five years ago, I expected this to taste terrible. Held my nose while drinking / swallowing and it wasn't bad at all. Drinking that much liquid (including the water afterwards) left me feeling over-hydrated, slight headache, a bit bloated, but hey, you only need to do this once every several years. It was worth it to make sure my colon is in good shape."

Tom the Preacher July 26, 2016

"I also had a horrible time getting it down. Don't know how I will drink the second one. And the warning as too how long I would sit on the commode...ENOUGH"

enough really July 24, 2016

"I was optimistic when I started. It tastes horrible but you can get it in.. The first dose a way. Within 10 minutes the cleanse had begun and for that piece wasn't bad. What made it hard was the intense nausea that has lasted the past 4 hours and emerging headache. If this nausea doesn't ease I won't be able to hold down the second dose come morning."

Karenism July 15, 2016

"So far I can only give it a rating of 1. I drank the first bottle with 16oz. of water at 5pm, followed by 32oz. of water. First BM just before 11pm. It's going to be a long night & I'm just praying it works as well as the Dr anticipated. Colonoscopy & Endoscopy tomorrow. I like some other ppl requested the Gatorade prep, but the Dr prefers this. Sleepless on Cape Cod, LOL."

Confused on Cape Cod July 14, 2016

"I rated for effectiveness. This stuff is horrible took me a full hour to finish this with lots of gagging. It took a lot for me not to throw it all up."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

"Absolutely terrible stuff. First colonoscopy experience and I will make sure I NEVER have this stuff again in my entire life. First dose took a long time to choke down, but stayed down. The second dose not so easy. I took a good 3/4 of it (over quite a long period of time) and then the taste and medication overwhelmed me and I vomited. As I've seen here I recommend sucking on a lemon between sips and using a straw. BM's are pretty much where they should be so I'm thinking all should be fine for procedure in a few hours. Only rating a 2 for effectiveness - every other aspect of this was completely unbearable."

ColonoscopyL (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

"I took Suprep at 6pm after a day of liquid diet. Yes, they need to make this better tasting, and a smaller amount would be great but no cramping, no vomiting, yes to slight nausea. 45 mins after taking my first dose I was in the bathroom for approx 2 hrs (wish I had realized I wouldn't be coming out for that time, could hardly make it to the door.) Yellow but not completely clear. I was able to sleep from 10:30 to 3:15. My second dose was at 3:30 am and was much harder to get down but started working right away. By the time I left at 6 am to go check in discharge was clear yellow with some mucus."

M L J (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

"I finished my first bottle about 40 minutes ago. Taste was horrible but I read other posts and used two straws and plugged my nose. Difficult to get more water down afterwards because of bloating. Nothing happening yet but a little bit of stomach pain. I hate to use an old adage, but....they can put a man on the moon.....! Kudos to any drug company that can get this down to a few pills or at the very least, a couple of ounces (versus 12 oz in split doses). It's going to be VERY difficult to get that second bottle down tomorrow on an empty stomach."

Not a Fan in CO (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2016

"I'm 43. Was anemic and now not. Took first dose around 5. Not chilled, no straw, swigged the whole concoction down. I didn't eat breakfast earlier today, had two things of chicken broth, and lots of water. Started out with gas, then reg. bowel movement and now waterworks are us. Started about 40 mins after drinking. Slept in this a.m. Thinking it would keep me up all night. After reading others comments I may not have needed to sleep so much. Oh well there's always FB and online euchre to occupy my late night!! Anxious to find out what they will find tomorrow but know it's all in the Lord's hands!!"

Here it goes June 28, 2016

"I had asked my gastroenterologist about the Miralax-Gatorade prep but he immediately shot it down and said that it does not do a good job cleaning out the colon and his preferred prep was Suprep. After reading many of the experiences shared on this site, I mixed the first dose last night and hoped for the best...and it wasn't bad at all! Yes, the mix tastes like weak grape soda mixed with salt water but using cold water to prepare it cut the taste. After the mix was consumed, I chewed minty gum while drinking the 32oz of plain water and was in the bathroom within 45 minutes, stayed about 2 hours, was able to go to bed, get up and shower and take the second dose this morning. Result: clean colon and A-OK colonoscopy this morning!"

BeeinAZ (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations