User Reviews for Suprep

Learn more about Suprep.

Suprep Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep to treat Bowel Preparation

"I was optimistic when I started. It tastes horrible but you can get it in.. The first dose a way. Within 10 minutes the cleanse had begun and for that piece wasn't bad. What made it hard was the intense nausea that has lasted the past 4 hours and emerging headache. If this nausea doesn't ease I won't be able to hold down the second dose come morning."

Karenism July 15, 2016

"Absolutely terrible stuff. First colonoscopy experience and I will make sure I NEVER have this stuff again in my entire life. First dose took a long time to choke down, but stayed down. The second dose not so easy. I took a good 3/4 of it (over quite a long period of time) and then the taste and medication overwhelmed me and I vomited. As I've seen here I recommend sucking on a lemon between sips and using a straw. BM's are pretty much where they should be so I'm thinking all should be fine for procedure in a few hours. Only rating a 2 for effectiveness - every other aspect of this was completely unbearable."

ColonoscopyL (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

"I took Suprep at 6pm after a day of liquid diet. Yes, they need to make this better tasting, and a smaller amount would be great but no cramping, no vomiting, yes to slight nausea. 45 mins after taking my first dose I was in the bathroom for approx 2 hrs (wish I had realized I wouldn't be coming out for that time, could hardly make it to the door.) Yellow but not completely clear. I was able to sleep from 10:30 to 3:15. My second dose was at 3:30 am and was much harder to get down but started working right away. By the time I left at 6 am to go check in discharge was clear yellow with some mucus."

M L J (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

"I finished my first bottle about 40 minutes ago. Taste was horrible but I read other posts and used two straws and plugged my nose. Difficult to get more water down afterwards because of bloating. Nothing happening yet but a little bit of stomach pain. I hate to use an old adage, but....they can put a man on the moon.....! Kudos to any drug company that can get this down to a few pills or at the very least, a couple of ounces (versus 12 oz in split doses). It's going to be VERY difficult to get that second bottle down tomorrow on an empty stomach."

Not a Fan in CO (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 29, 2016

"I'm 43. Was anemic and now not. Took first dose around 5. Not chilled, no straw, swigged the whole concoction down. I didn't eat breakfast earlier today, had two things of chicken broth, and lots of water. Started out with gas, then reg. bowel movement and now waterworks are us. Started about 40 mins after drinking. Slept in this a.m. Thinking it would keep me up all night. After reading others comments I may not have needed to sleep so much. Oh well there's always FB and online euchre to occupy my late night!! Anxious to find out what they will find tomorrow but know it's all in the Lord's hands!!"

Here it goes June 28, 2016

"I had asked my gastroenterologist about the Miralax-Gatorade prep but he immediately shot it down and said that it does not do a good job cleaning out the colon and his preferred prep was Suprep. After reading many of the experiences shared on this site, I mixed the first dose last night and hoped for the best...and it wasn't bad at all! Yes, the mix tastes like weak grape soda mixed with salt water but using cold water to prepare it cut the taste. After the mix was consumed, I chewed minty gum while drinking the 32oz of plain water and was in the bathroom within 45 minutes, stayed about 2 hours, was able to go to bed, get up and shower and take the second dose this morning. Result: clean colon and A-OK colonoscopy this morning!"

BeeinAZ (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

"I feel like I'm in a different box than some of you. To me, it smelled of a grape flavored popsicle stick, that's right, the stick after you've eaten the popsicle. The initial taste was of a very sweet, very artificial grape flavor that then turned very inexplicably savory. I feel like it'd work better if it were just savory flavored. Make it taste like a twice baked potato. That flavor would at least calm the surprise aftertaste. All things considered, the taste wasn't that bad, just kind of confusing. Haha. I just chugged it down and followed with another sixteen ounces of water. I had several glasses of water after that and about an hour in I had my first bm. I've been having only water for two days and my colonoscopy is tomorrow."

Cha773rbox June 28, 2016

"As per my instruction I was supposed to eat breakfast take superpower drink all 32 oz water then liquid diet till surgery tomorrow morning at 9.30am. So today I took suprep at 8.15am now it's 12.38am. For me suprep literally started working in 10 minutes after I took . At first BMs were like every 5 minutes for about an hour then it slowed die and BMS were every 15 minutes. Now it's slowed down more to every 20 to 25 minutes. After few BMs they were clear light yellow liquid. I'm not sure if will be like that till surgery or it should be just clear with no color at all . I'm instructed to take second bottle of suprep around 4am. Except that I have to go to bathroom every few minutes so far I feel little sleepy and tired. No other issue"

Doddisaaga (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

"Highly recommend chilling the liquids and drinking through a straw. Sips of ginger ale in between. Took at 6 pm started working at 9:15. Triedeverything I could think of to get things going. Hot water with lemon juice finally got things moving."

InCT (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

"Overall this prep isn't too bad. This is my first colonoscopy so I was nervous about the prep and the procedure. This stuff doesn't taste good but it's relatively easy to get down just make sure you chill it. After the first dose it started working within about 10 minutes. I took first dose at 5pm and my last bathroom trip was at 130 am. I just took my second dose at 8 am for a 2pm procedure. The second round is a lot better. I got bloating and cramps but no headache so far like a couple others. The worst part is the no eating. At this point I'm not so worried about the actual procedure as much as I'm just ready for it to be done so I can eat!"

8hoursstillgoing (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

"Suprep was absolutely wonderful! I added ginger ale with the solution and water. After taking the first dose at 6:00pm used the restroom for 1-1/2hrs, was able to sleep without interuptions. Second dose at 4:00am was also great, was able to sleep 1-1/2 hrs also. The Colonoscoby was a great procedure. I oped out on the anesthesiologist, I felt no need to pay two MD's. I had Versed and Fentanyl in the Ivy, it worked great. I was anxious and nervous, I wanted to reschedule the procedure do to my anxiety. But I didn't, if I can do it so can you. Good luck God Bless."

Rose1967 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

"I am so glad I found this post. I was reading all the comments as I was sipping this crap down. It is absolutely horrible and disgusting. The worst thing I EVER put into my mouth. I poured the solution into a 32oz plastic drink container I had in the house and put ice in it and emptied bottled water that was really cold. As I was drinking (sipping) it, I kept adding more bottled water to continue diluting it. All in all, I poured 5 bottled watered into the cup and drank it all down. Now I am waiting, so far, it is about 30 minutes and I feel some discomfort, but not bad."

Metro610 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2016

"I had to post bc all the other posts were so helpful to me - as I was sitting on the toilet. Firstly, it tastes like crap. Like the taste you have in your mouth the morning after a long night of drinking. Disgusting. I did take the advice and use a straw second time around. It helped but geez. You'll want to drink that first glass of water afterwards. The second glass is tough. I only made it through 12 oz (rather than 16oz) first round - I felt like I was going to be sick. 2nd round, I finished it.Prep seems to be working - not painful but certainly uncomfortable. Most of the activity was in the first hour - 2nd hour things slow down (yeah!). Last night, I was able to go to bed 3 hours after, only had to get up once. Procedure soon!"

MLMV2 June 14, 2016

"Absolutely disgusting. This is my second colonoscopy. The first time, the prep I used was called prepopik and it was SO much better in terms of flavor with a much smaller dosage. I haven't done the second dose of SuPrep, and I'm debating not to since all that's coming out is just stomach fluid"

Colontime May 27, 2016

"I've been on a clear liquid diet all day with not much going in my system other than water. Started taking suprep at 6pm and it had a very pungent artificial flavor that coats the inside of your mouth. The first bottle was okay for me. I very quickly got sleepy and slept for about an hour before waking up to use the bathroom. Before I knew it I was passing only a yellow liquid... If only the second bottle went the same way. After only drinking half of it at 4am I threw it all up, and the sputum only tasted like spicier suprep. I'm begrudgingly trying to finish the second bottle... Colonoscopy in 3 hours. Wish me luck!"

KatieV (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2016

"Worked well but has the most disgusting taste imaginable. The artificial sweetener taste made it twice as disgusting."

Jeff7777 May 20, 2016

"Here is a outline of my experience using Suprep - The day before using Suprep, I ate a little lighter than normal - The day that on which I will take Suprep 1. Clear liquid diet all day. Clear liquid can be water, dark cola, tea (no milk) , gatorade or jello (yellow or green ok) 2. at 5pm, drank first dose of 6 oz suprep that was mixed with 4 oz of water. Within a hour, drank 32 oz of water. BM occurred with 30 mins and more BM's. BM were like pee'ing from the anus (this is what should happen) 3. at 10:30 pm, drank second dose of 6 oz suprep mixed with 4 oz of water. Within a hour drank 32 oz of water. More BM's occurred until I went to sleep around 12 am. Few more BM's throught the night. 4. Woke up around 5:30am , more BM"

HolyElvis May 17, 2016

"This stuff tastes so bad. As others have said, why should it? Barf me out the door! But it works. As others have said, just do it. Don't make ANY plans. Take a sick day or two if you can. Second dose temporarily gave me a bloated sore tum. Baby wipes are mandatory. As are separate bathrooms, nothing new there. There is like a quinine aftertaste that I am trying to attach a positive memory to, gin and tonic on a summer sunset sail. Anyway procedure is in less than 4 hours. Good luck everyone!"

Waterloooo May 16, 2016

"I have taken my first dosage and my BMs have lasted five hours since I started it (so far) and by now everything is clear. I do NOT understand how they give the same dosage of two bottles to everyone. I am 20, 5'5 and 115. How can someone much larger than me take the same dose? Am considering not taking second."

Hungry hippo (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

"Not as bad tasting as the prior med, but seemed to take longer to complete the bowel cleansing."

PCJr May 15, 2016

"Suprep worked well, no complaints it did taste sweet like heavy cough syrup but yet heavily salty tasting. Mix it with cold Martinelli's apple and pear cider; easier to consume. Round 1, 5 pm, I poured 6 ounces of cooled suprep into 16 ounce container then filled it with cold cider and used a straw. I took 30 minutes to finish then drank 32 ounces of warm gatorade within the hour. No stomach upset or vomiting or cramping, took about 3 hours to complete the elimination process. Get a magazine and hang out in bathroom or watch a movie on a mobile device until the process slows down. Word of advice, get some A and D ointment prior to going, it will save your bum. Round 2, 4 am, did the same, no issues. 930 appt easy as could ever be."

kittycatness May 15, 2016

"Just completed my colonoscopy today. Due to family history, I have them every 3-4 years. This was my second time with Suprep and was (again) very pleased. Easy to drink (as these things go) and bowel prep was effective/painless. No issues during the night (after round one) and the prep the next morning had me completely prepared for a good procedure."

Richmond, VA (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

"Went through the whole process pre -dosage and followed all directions. Took first dose as instructed at 7:00 pm with second dose to be done at 2:30 am day of colonoscopy. Drank the first application of bad tasting stuff and drank 2 more 16 oz cups of water and waited. NOTHING HAPPENED. Not even a fart. Should I take the second dose? I am typing this at 3:35 in morning. Just called the "digestive consultants" where my doc works and was told by sleepy on call doc "No colonoscopy for you. No way you'll be clean. Call the office at 7 and let them know you'll need a different prep." A month of waiting, changing schedules, 3days of "prep" prior to the dosage and guess what? IT DIDN'T WORK."

Randy B May 2, 2016

"I definitely recommend sticking to a low-fiber, light diet a few days prior to. I also drank at least 64oz of water before the prep too. The taste of prep honestly isn't has bad as I anticipated. I used a straw to drink it, didn't smell it and had it all finished in under 10 minutes. It kind of tasted like flat grape soda to me. It was a bit difficult drinking the 32oz of water in an hour after finishing the prep drink. It kicked in around the 45 minute mark for me having to go the bathroom. No cramps, headache and very minor rumbling in my stomach. I was pretty much all cleaned out within 2 hours after, going to the bathroom about every 30 minutes. I think my diet and hydration were what made all of this so much easier."

CAC11 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

"Female, 5'2, 115lbs. First Colonoscopy. 1st dose - pretty easy to drink down and yes, it takes like cherry cough syrup that has a bunch of salt added to it. I didn't cool the solution, as I just dumped it into the cup, added the cold water to it and made sure to breathe through my mouth in order not to taste the solution. It took me about 5 sips to drink the whole thing. 2nd dose - it was a lot harder to drink the second dose, as it seemed like it was much more saltier than the first batch. It took me about 10 sips to get this batch down. It took 45 minutes to start working. It took about 1.5 hours to stop. Once it starts and you start drinking the 2 16oz glasses of water, it tends to be non stop. Don't be fearful, it isn't that hard :-)"

kaliak37 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations