User Reviews for Suprep

Learn more about Suprep.

Suprep Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 84 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep to treat Bowel Preparation

"Taste was kinda grape metallic, not too awful bad. Took the first dose at 6:30PM, finally worked at 11:00PM. Took the second dose at 3:15AM, started working before I finished the second glass of water, and was through at 6:45 AM. When it was done, it was done. No worries about an accident on the way to the clinic, etc. It was on and off, not continuous in the bathroom. Overall, I'm happy with the product, it was really gentle-acting for me, not a violent experience like I've had previously."

Bud T. September 16, 2016

"Focused on the positive reviews. Did the same day prep began at 4:30 AM, colonoscopy at 12:30 PM. First 6 oz bottle with water and Peach Mango crystal light. 2 16 oz bottle of water within an hour. BM within 30 min. Same dose at 8:45 AM. Of course fatigued, light headache since no food. Day before light breakfast light lunch and light dinner. Gatorade in evening. Overall went as expected and recommend over two day prep."

GadgetExpert (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

"Took first part of prep with cold water at 2pm. Worst thing I have ever tasted! It's a salty grape chemical taste (if u have ever accidentally gotten perfume in your mouth it's like that with a salty grape flavor). Worse than that was the intense chills and shivering I had for over an hour! That being said it started working in less than an hour, no cramping or pain. I dread taking the next dose because of the taste."

Turning 50 sux (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

"I read a lot of negatives about Suprep. I was therefore really nervous to take it. I was therefore pleasantly surprised. The taste wasn't that bad, and I didn't even have to cut it with anything. I was finished in 15 minutes. Drinking the water afterward was actually more difficult because it filled me up. Within 20 minutes I was on the toilet and in 45 minutes to 1 hour I was pretty much done. I used wet toilet wipes instead of toilet paper. No soreness. I did, however, start the low residue diet at 7 days rather than 4 and I did not eat much. I have to take the second prep at 2:00 am. The only thing I am dreading is getting up and staying up. Suprep was a breeze. I'm not quite sure what the big deal is."

lff September 13, 2016

"This was my 2nd colonoscope. Sureprep tasted better than 2 bottles of miralax and no nausea. However after fasting all day and caefully following the directions. Started first dose at 6 pm follow by 5 glasses of water. Still no BM. Took 2nd dose at MN followed by 5 more glasses of water. It hits at 1am. I was up all night going till my bottom was raw. My BM's were pure liquid. But still evacuating once I got to the hospital at 7:30 am. This was horrible. As I woke I felt bile all over my sheets and bottom. There attempted to clean me out during test but Sureprep DID NOT clean me out enough for the exam and I have to repeat do to failed clean out. No large abnomalities seen but no bx could bw obtained. Very reluctent for a reppeat.Ug"

s.massey6 September 3, 2016

"Let me preface this by saying I had gastric sleeve 16 months ago. My stomach holds 6 ounces. Took me 20 minutes to get the first prep drink in. I've forced 16 more ounces of water in and I'm in some serious pain. It's been 54 minutes and I'm trying not to throw up. I gotta get another 16 ounces down in 20 minutes. Then do this all over again at 5:30 tomorrow? Oh I had to do a pre pre prep last nite. 10 ounces of magnesium citrate. That was worse tasting than this stuff."

JavaGirl46 September 1, 2016

"Honestly the worst tasting thing I have ever had. I couldn't finish the second dosage because the taste was so bad. The doctors did say my bowels were clean though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

"Greetings fellow preppers! Positive as far as results and even taste. I've done other cheaper preps in the past and while the 'end' results were clearing ,others made me gag and vomit but not this. Please do have your bttle of waters chilled in refrigerator so cold. manage clear liquids all day till 6 pm, poured the 6 oz bottle of prep into the container provided and then topped off to the fill line cold water. grabbed a lemon and a straw, then proceeded to the bathroom in case I got sick drinking it but I didn't. I actually found the straw annoying and gagging so removed it,licked the lemon then started sipping a mouthful at a time.Got it all down in 10 minutes, then 30 mins later on commode,Clear in 1 1/2 hrs. repeat in morn.Blessings2 U"

Bottoms Up August 26, 2016

"The suggestion to chill the Suprep in fridge, chill your water, soda and or gatorade is great advice. Yes use a straw. I put a Lifesavor Peppermint in my mouth to prepare for the Suprep's nasty taste, then I added cold water and ginger ale to the fill line in the cup provided. Using a straw, holding my nose, I quickly drank the Supra with the peppermint Lifesaver between my gums and cheek so in between each sip I was able to get the nasty taste out of my mouth with the mint. Having a lifesaver peppermint REALLY helps with the aftertaste! It's my 3rd colonoscopy and this time I was actually able to get through it without gagging on the stuff. Yes it is like metallic grape drink!"

No Panic in Detroit (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

"The taste was ghastly for me--so salty, bubbly, and fake limish but not in a good way. But it was effective. One bottle at 5 p.m. and one at 8 p.m. with lots of water after each. I wasn't expecting to have to go all night so that was jarring. Followed all of the doctor's instructions to a t because who wants to go through this again anytime soon. Ten years ago the prep lasted longer so I thought starting the prep at 5 was an improvement, but anyone who can figure out how to deliver this efficient of a bowel prep with a pill and avoid having to down nasty tasting stuff like this should earn the appreciation of all of us and the Nobel prize in medecine. The prep is the worst part of a colonscopy--ask anyone. But they can save lives."

Finally over August 25, 2016

"Followed a very light diet 2 days before prep day to minimize volume. No meat, nothing spicy. Just eggs, pasta, lots of water. Took 1st dose at 5pm after liquids all day. In hindsight, I would stop drinking anything about an hour before because the bloat of 16oz of solution then 32oz of water within an hour was uncomfortable. Drank with a straw as far back in my throat as possible and held my nose. Didn't want to drag it out so finished it within 5 minutes. Chewed peppermint gum afterwards to kill the taste; the last 3 sips were rough to get down. It began working in about 30 minutes. 2 hrs/6 trips to the potty and I seem to be done. Morning will be hard. Water on an empty stomach in the a.m always makes me nauseous."

1st timer (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

"After a whole day of liquid diet, I attempted to take my first dose at 5 pm. The taste was awful, it took me 2 hrs to drink it and i really had to force myself to do it. Got to a half the cup and then i was alternating sip of the prep and sip of water. Then i had the additional water. Worked excellent though and I didn't have any side effects. Was terrified to drink it the next morning at 4:45 am on an empty stomach, but thanks to the comments on this site i was prepared. i used a straw and mixed it with a really cold water. Didn't give me the nausated feeling like the night before. Did a really good job on cleansing the bowel. Even my doc said that my prep was he best that day lol."

Sorebooty (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

"I was scheduled for a colonoscopy and made the mistake of reading all of these reviews and was horrified!! So I decided to concentrate on the good reviews instead but use tips of all. I was amazingly surprised to find this wasn't bad at all!!!! I'll share how I masked the taste to help others. I mixed the medicine bottle with water as instructed. (Make sure it's very cold...water and colon prep) then I poured only a fourth of it in a seperate glass and sprinkled some crystal light peach mango in and stirred. I then cut up lemon (Also a life saver). I got a big straw and drank and much as I could and then sucked on lemon. Finished all fourths in ten minutes, 2 waters afterwards is tough. This worked well for me and I would highly recommend!"

It's not bad at all!!! (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

"Nasty stuff, no doubt. It did work though. Started 1st dose at 7 pm. Poured in 16 oz cup and added cold water per instructions. Drank it holding my nose. Took about 30 minutes to get it down. Bowel movement started within another 30 minutes. Went on until about 9:30. Just liquid by that point. Next dose at 4 am. Much harder to get down. Took about an hour and I could not finish the whole thing. It still worked within 30 minutes and here is the kicker. 2nd dose needed for stuff that builds up over the night. Started out pretty dark again, mostly liquid, and finished at light yellow. It cleaned me out but good. Procedure at 10 am and had 5 polyps. Clips needed for one larger one. Waiting on biopsy bottom line DO IT !!!"

Sorebut August 14, 2016

"After a full day of liquid diet drank the first bottle at 6pm. I was able to get it down with a straw no problem. Drank a cup of chicken broth 15 minutes later to get rid of after taste. An hour later threw up everything and had to cancel the procedure after I called the doctor. Whatever is left in my system did empty my bowels though."

Bodrum (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

"Pros: excellent results - thoroughly cleaned color; two portions of 16 oz Cons: TASTE, chills, bloating, and the long time it took to cleanse (I took second portion at 1:30 and was still going at 6 a.m. for a 7:30 procedure.) Important to note: each person's reaction is unique. Don't let the reviews scare you. At the endoscopy center everyone was comparing notes about the product they used, and there didn't seem to be a consensus as to which product was the best."

Mixed Reviews August 3, 2016

"My experience is the same except, after the initial dose it took 4 hrs for anything to happen!! Didn't get to bed until after 1:30AM. It was non stop. Woke up at 4:15 and had two more BMs. Barely made it to the bathroom. Got the second dose down (it is such an awful taste, I stared at it for about 25 mins mustering up the courage!) This time the effects were immediate. The only issue is that after one hour, I vomited spontaneously and as one can imagine, with the force of the projection, I was exploding at both ends. It was so humiliating. On top of that, with all the wiping, my bum is so sore I can barely sit now! My procedure is in 2 hours and I am afraid to drive there. Not sure when the second dose effects will stop. Scared!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

"I cannot take the 2nd dose anymore so I mixed it with freshly squeezed lemonade instead of water. I also chilled the Suprep bottle solution overnight so it was really cold when I mixed it with lemonade (don't forget to strain so it's pulp-free). This makes a big difference. I was able to drink the entire cup in three gulps. Chewing sugar-free gum after taking it also helps."

Bianchi August 2, 2016

"Just took first dose. Mixed with water and didn't breathe while drinking, so didn't taste it. Took me 4 long drinks, separated by swigs of Zevia Lemon Twist colorless soda and 3-5 minute pauses. Chewing Double-mint gum right now - so far so good."

Cantaloupe July 31, 2016

"The stuff tastes horrible. But I made it bearable by cold water and hot chicken broth. My nurse said drink the prep over 40 minutes. So every five minutes I drank some prep (with a straw and ice to keep it cold) and then some regular ice water and the hot chicken broth. The broth saved me because it immediately cut out the taste of the prep. Plus, it almost feels like food. I had set up my toilet area ahead of time. Within five minutes of the last swallow of prep I was on the toilet. I was on the toilet for over an hour but overall experience not bad. Really- worst part is drinking the prep."

Toilet reader (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2016

"So as someone who used to get drunk on rumpleminze peppermint schnapps, the taste is really not that bad. Surprisingly savory. I've drank worse. I started going about 2 hours ago after first dose, seems to be tailing off now. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Don't try to get an errand in after you drink this stuff. Also keep a bland diet for the week of. I ate spicy noodles yesterday, and I wish I could have that decision back. All humor aside, I'm really just hoping I don't have colon cancer. The prep is what it is, but you'll get through it. Drink the solution as cold as you can make it and do it fast. I chugged it and it wasn't that gross until the aftertaste. Sipping would be rough."

Pooper scooper July 29, 2016

"After reading reviews and prepping five years ago, I expected this to taste terrible. Held my nose while drinking / swallowing and it wasn't bad at all. Drinking that much liquid (including the water afterwards) left me feeling over-hydrated, slight headache, a bit bloated, but hey, you only need to do this once every several years. It was worth it to make sure my colon is in good shape."

Tom the Preacher July 26, 2016

"I also had a horrible time getting it down. Don't know how I will drink the second one. And the warning as too how long I would sit on the commode...ENOUGH"

enough really July 24, 2016

"I was optimistic when I started. It tastes horrible but you can get it in.. The first dose a way. Within 10 minutes the cleanse had begun and for that piece wasn't bad. What made it hard was the intense nausea that has lasted the past 4 hours and emerging headache. If this nausea doesn't ease I won't be able to hold down the second dose come morning."

Karenism July 15, 2016

"So far I can only give it a rating of 1. I drank the first bottle with 16oz. of water at 5pm, followed by 32oz. of water. First BM just before 11pm. It's going to be a long night & I'm just praying it works as well as the Dr anticipated. Colonoscopy & Endoscopy tomorrow. I like some other ppl requested the Gatorade prep, but the Dr prefers this. Sleepless on Cape Cod, LOL."

Confused on Cape Cod July 14, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations