User Reviews for Ma huang

Ma huang has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 71% of those users who reviewed Ma huang reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Weight Loss  Off-label
9.8
Herbal Supplementation
2.5
Summary of Ma huang reviews 7.7 7 reviews

sarah · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2021

For Herbal Supplementation: “I took this a few years ago and had stroke like symptoms from taking this. I would advise not to take this ..”

New user February 25, 2020

For Weight Loss: “I'm about to try this herb and I know it will work for weight loss, I've tried amphetamines before and they work. Theres a lot of scaremongering from pros and chemists. They want people to be unhealthy and fat it makes them $$$ its a capitalist system if it works they ban it cos they lose your business drug companies lose something to think about chemists lab pros with their fake news”

Shan · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 23, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I took ma haung for around 8 yrs and it worked amazingly for me and my sister inlaw she lost about 80 po. In about a yr and I lost about 30 po. And was in the greatest shape if ever been in through out my whole adult life. I had lots of energy and it curbed my appetite but not to the point where I would be starving myself .I would just eat smaller portions but more times A Day. Instead of Eating 3 large meals I would eat like 6 times a day but smaller amount of food. Nothing but good results that I experienced from this. It's A shame that those who abused there use of this amazing herb has ruined it for those of us who really were benefiting from our use of ma haung. Brought me and other family members i introduced to ma haung All healthy very effective results, causing us to be in better shape and overall better Mood and more energy to Take on our daily tasks.”

Scout · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2019

For Weight Loss: “I have had asthma, colds, and allergies all my life. I got overweight in my 30s and found a weight loss herb that helped with ALL those issues! I was thrilled. Now, since some people can't do it right its cost all of the rest of us that it helped! I lost about 30#'s and could breathe again without worry!! Or chemical meds. I had a lot of good energy. Now, I want that all back! I got the bad back now I want the good back!! Not right!”

reme May 30, 2009

“Ma Huang was so very helpful to be for my sinus condition. And now just because of lies and unsubstanciated incidents. Our FDA banned a good Herb for nothing. It must have posed a monitary threat to someone.”

Anonymous December 2, 2009

For Weight Loss: “I also lost considerable weight taking Ma Huang. I agree with the other reviewer that just because some people took this incorrectly, we should all be banned. I not only lost weight, but it seriously helped my allergies. Now, I get to suffer again. ”

Anonymous July 9, 2009

For Weight Loss: “I have always obsessed about food and would yo-yo up and down on my weight. This drug helped me to control my obsession and I lost a total of 80 pounds and kept it off for 6 years. Taking this medicine as per instructions on bottle. This is the only medicine that has ever worked. ”

Macher · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2019

For Herbal Supplementation: “For those using a tea made by boiling ma huang stems, it must be understood that dosage can vary widely based on preparation of source material. There is no way to determine the composition of active components in a cup of ma huang tea. There is no standardization. Side effects such as BPH, acute prostatitis, insomnia and glaucoma are highly to moderately possible with use of ma huang by susceptible individuals. I have been using ma huang for herbal supplementation without a diagnosis which warrants its use. Results were mixed and inconclusive. But, having personally become aware of adverse medical conditions precipitated by ma huang, I would advise consumers to avoid it.”

More about ma huang