User Reviews for Amitiza (Page 9)

Constipation, Chronic

Opioid-Induced Constipation
3.3

Summary of Amitiza reviews 6.2 210 reviews

Reviews for Amitiza

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been on pain medicines for the last 6 and 1/2 years. My doctor finally gave me some samples of Amitiza. When I haven't gone in so many days, I just take two pills late in the evening and they work great in the morning. I haven't noticed any side effects at all."

Stagarzer January 9, 2009

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I started taking Amitiza about 4 months ago. It has been a miracle worker for me. I have had IBS for over 20 years. I just turned 40 last week and decided I had to figure something out, the doctors just do not take me seriously. For the first 3 months I took 2 pills a day then I switched to 1 in the am, and benefiber in the pm and its the same result. I go at least once a day, some days twice. I totally recommend it. Its better than what any doctor has ever done for me."

Jules40 December 16, 2008

"This medication help with my chronic constipation, however I did experience some side effects.They were mild enough that I continue to take the medicine."

shell1 December 15, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "I only experienced some slight nausea and abdominal pain that was worse when taking the medicine on an empty stomach."

BBlum December 14, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "1-2 months of taking then you feel the real effect but my constipation is back after 2 months"

Anonymous December 14, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "I noticed on the previous reviews that nausea and headache are a problem. I had those too when I first starting using amitiza but have learned that you MUST take it with a FULL meal and drink lots of water and both side effects won't happen. I love the results!!"

Anonymous October 22, 2008

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "The side effect of slight nausea is worth the outcome."

Anonymous October 12, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "If taken as prescribed, it worked wonders. I am very happy my doctor had me try this. I've taken so many over the counter drugs, with a lot worse side affects. This works for me."

Anonymous August 13, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "I've been taking this medicine for about 6 months, and it has made a world of a difference. I've had constipation for over 8 years, I'm in my late 20s, healthy, female, & moderately active. Things that normally would give others runny diarrhea, like prune juice, I would barely see any effect. After being tired of painful amounts of fiber intake & OTC stool softeners that didn't help enough, my doctor put me on this twice a day, & it works great. I had few side effects, and only for about a week."

Anonymous July 7, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "I found Amitiza moderately effective as a laxative, mostly just reducing straining. The side effects were outstanding, however. Abdominal sensations went from offensive to extremely pleasant. I spent the whole week that my presciption lasted laying around feeling like a cat in front of the fireplace. I don't think my doctor approved."

Anonymous May 21, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "I just began taking Amitiza and had immediate results. I've stuggled with this condition all of my life. No side effects except I feel a bit tired. If that's all I have to deal with, that's fine with me. The alternative is much worse."

PATTILOU May 2, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "Definite improvement in regularity, however slight feeling of tiredness and, fatigue which I hope will go away with time as I adjust to medication."

Anonymous April 7, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "I would be much happier if nausea wasn't a part of this. That's the one side effect that makes it hard to deal with."

Anonymous March 16, 2008

For Constipation, Chronic "A person has to decide if it is worth the less serious side affects of nausea and headache and I have to say that it is. It is brief and therefore, I feel that the alternative is much worse. It has only been a full week and I am hoping these less serious side affects will subside eventually when I get used to taking it on a regular basis."

Anonymous March 14, 2008