User Reviews for Losartan (Page 7)

Also known as: Cozaar

Diabetic Kidney Disease 9.0
High Blood Pressure 4.7
Summary of Losartan reviews 4.7 437 reviews

Reviews for Losartan

Bolter September 14, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on this for 15 years following a triple bypass op. Until recently I did not connect my problems with this drug. Now all the constant need to urinate, the hip pain, the runny nose, the dizziness , the shakes, the tinnitus, the itchy skin, the dry mouth, all fall into place. I am expecting my Annual Heart check up this month, I stopped taking Losartan recently in order to test my symptoms before the appointment.”

CJF · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I recently took Losartan for 10 days. Within an hour of taking the first dose I had a huge dizzy spell, became very nauseous and shaky and my balance was way off. I drove straight home barely able to walk. I stayed on the drug for 10 days because I was told "you have to get used to it". I didn't leave my house for the 10 days because it was too dangerous with those symptoms. I normally exercise and walk daily and have part time jobs. Couldn't go to anything. After 1 day of stopping it I am getting better, slowly.”

MarkS · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Due to Valsartan recall and it being unavailable for my last refill, my doctor switched me to Losartan. I find myself tired all the time and spend my day looking forward to sleeping. I fell anxious and depressed and have completely abandoned my walking routine (was previously walking 1+ miles a day for close to 3 years). Like others mentioned, I have to urinate all the time which is very annoying.”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Male 53 good shape. Was prescribed Losartan 50 mg. 4 weeks ago. As soon as I started taking it I came down with what I thought was the flu. It's early September, making the flu highly unlikely. My GP, 3 hours away from me, refused to examine me over the phone and told me to go to urgent care. Went to the ER 3 times. They dismissed my suggestion that it was the Losartan, my blood work was fine. They gave me fluids, which made me feel better. Losartan took my appetite away. Horrible stomach and back pain combined with an overall feeling of general nausea. I'm a sharp person but I feel confused on it. Almost incapacitated. I stopped taking Losartan 2 weeks ago. I feel way better. Still having side effects. I need to eat a meal every 3-4 hours or the whole thing comes back ! I can't believe they prescribe this. Terrible.”

Emaw · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I’m now taking losartan 100/25, after valsartan was recalled..I checked out these comments because since being on this med,I wondered if I was the only one experiencing severe fatigue and leg pain. This stuff is wretched. I’m hoping Valsartan will come back as I have taken it for 10 plus years and had no adverse reactions. I hope I can go back to my old bp med soon❤️”

Lizzy · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I was put on Losartan 25mg at the ER and to be honest this medication causes my eyes to burn really bad. I stopped taking it and the burning in my eyes stopped. I am on amlodipine 10mg but my bp is uncontrolled.”

Sallygal1234 · Taken for 10 years or more September 8, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Been taking losartan/Hctz 50-12.5 mg for over twelve years along with amilodipine 10mg. I experienced serious leg pain some nights a few years later and was told to drink plenty of water, it worked. These BP meds were the only pills after other BP meds that makes me feel as if I am not on meds (no side effects). The only thing is I have is the urgency to go to the bathroom a lot. They works for me”

rsmithfn September 6, 2018

Cozaar (losartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I'm a retired RN. Been taking Cozaar for over a year. BP runs in the 120s systolic and 65 to 70 dystolic. My dose is 25 mg if you are curious. Tried a couple of other meds prior to this and was plagued with nocturnal coughing episodes. Not now. Happy with this med.”

Mekabelle · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Swelling started in one foot months ago. Progressed up to thigh. Doctor unwilling to consider Losartan as cause of swelling. Sent me for ultrasound and CT scan that were negative. Just discovered lesser known side effect IS one sided swelling and weakness. Very angry.”

Cd84 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Has control blood pressure a little been having lots a hair loss, back pain, ear problems, anxiety to panic attacks, stomach trouble. Doctor's need to explain the side affects.”

Anonymous August 22, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Terrible med. On Losartan for 1 1/2 year, and it caused severe diarrhea. I also had the same problem with Benicar which I was on for 9 yrs. These BP meds have terrible side effects!!!! Had angioedema with ACE inhibitor. Very frustrating!!!!”

Dee · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 17, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I was put on Losartan 25 mgs 5 years ago after trying 3 other BP pills. I have been saying for a while now that I have not felt well since being on them. I had severe leg pains & mobility problems ended up having steriod injection 2 years ago & another this year. I have had more anxiety than ever before. In April this year I developed terrible coughing fits etc. I have had X Ray, breathing tests which are all clear. Reluctantly this week was prescribed antibiotics & steroids which seem to be having no effects. I am really convinced that the cause of all my symptoms is Losartan & have told my GP this more than once. After reading other peoples experiences am now going to push for coming off these terrible pills.”

miko · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 14, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I take 50mg, and have been over the last eight months. The things I have noticed most is probably one half hour after taking it, I notice that my heart will skip a beat but only very occasionally. In addition, the other thing I've noticed is I seem to get this tightness across my abdominal muscle right below the rib cage especially if I sit forward. It's not at all painful, it's just that I'm aware of it more. It lowers my pressure to ranging within 127/82 to 140/95. I think that depends on what I eat that makes it fluctuate like this. I'm still testing it out though.”

tiffa · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Brutal medicine this is the third and worse by far I’ve tried. Side effects I hit are exhaustion can’t stay awake past 9pm and dizziness in the morning. Major pain and tightness in my knees to a point it affected my walking. Took me 10-15 minutes to get out of bed in the morning. It took 2-3 weeks of taking Losartan to start feeling it so it can be deceiving. I’ll take the HBP over the pain.”

Anonymous August 12, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “This medication was effective in bringing my blood pressure down, but caused me to have constant severe leg pain, chronic aching and could barely move my legs without intensified pain.”

Rosie August 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “My doctor switched me to lozatan /hctz 100-25mg from Valsartan I had been taking as it had been recalled. About a week later I was expriencing shortness of breath. After taking this medicine for 11 days I ended up in the ER. I had shortness of breath and could not take deep breaths. It’s been 6 days since I haven’t taken this medication but am still experiencing problems with breathing. This drug was terrible for me.”

Healthy Person · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Started taking losartan after having side effects from 4 other blood pressure (BP) meds. I split a 25mg pill just to be cautious. It is by far the worst BP med. Gave me a terrible sore throat and a sinus headache that lasted for days. I waited a few days and decided to try it again with another 1/2 pill. Same symptoms except worse this time. Did not even lower my BP very much. Horrible med and should not be prescribed.”

Swan · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “My doctor changed my high blood pressure from valsartan to losartan in hopes to begin tapering me off of high blood medication. I have been taking this medication for a week and my kidneys have began hurting me. I do not have diabetes or any other medical issues other than HBP. I have also gained three pounds since I've started taking the medication. In addition, I urinate every 2-3 hours. I can't get any rest.”

Mrs. Harris · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I started with a water pill for HBP/hypertension but It wasn't working like my doc wanted it to so she prescribed me LOSARTAN June 21, 2018. I started taking it July 2nd. I have had a migraine every day this week. I've been a migraine sufferer since I was 7. Before losartan my migraines hit hard only around my cycle time but not every day. I also have seen a shift in my mood, tiredness, extreme dizziness and brain fog/confusion. I was trying to figure out what was going on with me then I googled the side effects of this drug and BAMM there it is!!! I will not be continuing this medication and will definitely be talking to my doctor about switching to something else.”

Spence · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Started with 25mg daily about 2 weeks ago. Only side effect is in the morning when I'm trying to wake up, I'm so dizzy that I can't open my eyes. The room is spinning so bad. After about 5 minutes or so, I can slowly get up, but I stay dizzy for a few hours after that. The spinning is pretty severe, not sure what to do. Anyone else have this side effect?”

Anonymous June 30, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Losartan has given me plenty of pain in my knees. I have stop taking it, I don't know how long it will take for all the pain to go away.”

RA · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “There is no doubt in my mind that Losartan contributes to anxiety. I've learned that my thoughts control my blood pressure and through a conscious effort practicing positive thinking and more importantly realizing that I have no control over things that can happen, I am now thriving and have come off Losartan and I feel like a new person. I also try to eat healthy and exercise and it is like a whole new life.”

Lin · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 21, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Have suffered severe pain my legs mostly. This has caused much anxiety. Do not sleep at all. I also have severe pain in legs and back Taking 100mg. Just dropped to 50 mg If I do not see improvement in 1 week I will change to another med. I cry with pain in my legs and so sleep deprived that I can't function”

Sunnydaysahead June 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Taken Losarten since Nov 2017, for high blood pressure. Have stuffy nose and terrible panic attacks randomly. Pain in knee and hip. Become very depressed and extremely anxious. Not a good medication for me and it doesn't bring my bp down at all. Taking 25mg and Dr wants me to take another extra dose of 12.mg but l refuse as cannot begin to contemplate how much more l will suffer with more of the dreaded stuff. Am going to research other options now and get off this. Had enough.”

Tim · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “Losartan tore me up. I weighted 205lb when I started it....Doc said to quit taking it when I hit 188lb. Had me crying and praying for the pain in my head to go away, the shakes, woke up in the middle of the night with light flashes in my eyes, panic/anxiety attacks, rapid heart beats, my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my head, ribs hurt, gut hurt, zero energy, blurred vision...nasty stuff. They said it would take time for it to go away.”