User Reviews for Lorazepam

Anxiety
8.1

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 744 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Panic Disorder: "I was misdiagnosed for years by my doctor and emergency room. I was being treated for asthma when I was actually having a panic attack. I remember being so frustrated that my medication wasn’t helping my shortness of breath which I thought was asthma. I was properly diagnosed when I was vacationing in San Diego. I thought I was having an asthma attack. I took my inhaler and got no relief. I thought I was a gonna. The ambulance came and took my vital signs and said I’m having a panic attack. I was in disbelief. I was given 1mg Ativan at the emergency room and felt better within 10 minutes. Right now I’m on celexa and carry at Ativan on me at all times. Ativan works for me."

Pete (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2019

For Anxiety: "Ativan used to work for me and it doesn’t anymore, I’m wondering if they changed it some how. A one month supply would last me a good six months. I don’t think it is a tolerance thing. I primarily used it for flying and it really isn’t helping with that anymore."

Clm (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a health issue that started my panic attacks for two months. Started taking 1/2 Xanax and continued having panic attacks. After seeing the Dr. she gave me two 1 mg. of Ativan. In 15 minutes or so I was so calm and relaxed! Ativan really makes you very comfortable fast! I love that! Started on Zoloft for a long term fix. Now on 50 mgs a day. Wanting to get off both Ativan and Zoloft, I researched homeopathic options and found that L-theanine and Ashwagandha and Magnesium all have amazing reviews. So I’m going to try the combination of the three. Will be receiving the L-theanine and Magnesium today. I will update as soon as I see results! Hopefully will wean off of Zoloft and Ativan! God bless anyone who suffers!"

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "With diagnosis of PTSD, anxiety, major/clinical depression, adult onset ADD with BPD on the side, ativan has been in my life for a while and I have never had a problem with it and its never negatively effected my life. It's maybe saved my life a few times."

Garnetred (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 18, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "Ativan is the absolute best sleep medication. I sleep better the whole night and wake up refreshed. However, I try not to use it more often than twice a week. When taken more than 4 or more nights in a row and then stopped, I have severe withdrawal symptoms."

Working too hard (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with panic disorder at 8 years old, and when I was 13, the panic attacks became severe. My psychiatrist finally prescribed me 15 pills per month of 1 mg of Ativan. I’m now 18, and just went through a really hard time. I relapsed into severe anxiety, had to quit all my schooling. My panic attacks can last for hours, and this is the only thing that provides relief during those sleepless nights. If it weren’t for Ativan, I’d have gone to the hospital 30 times now. It is pretty easy to become dependent. I’m tapering off, went from 0.5 mg per day to 0.25 mg, to skipping days. The withdrawal symptoms are not terrible, but they’re definitely uncomfortable. I suffered vertigo, insomnia, and increased anxiety. Advice to anyone taking this medication: Never cut cold turkey. Although rare, it can cause seizures if you stop the medication suddenly. Also, it’s very easy to become dependent on it. Please be careful."

Hypochondriac Gal March 11, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I’ve been taking Lorazapam for about 15 years for sleeping. It works wonders. Six weeks ago I went through a very stressful time and my anxiety went through the roof. I hesitated for weeks about taking another 0.5 during the day because my fear of getting hooked on this. Finally gave in the other afternoon and I was my normal self that night and all next day. Then the following day I was back to being anxious. So disappointing because I had hoped something got jarred into place. I'll try cutting the day one in half and see if I can do that for a few days. I do like this drug."

Pumpel (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2019

For Anxiety: "First 2 weeks helped but noticed lost appetite within 6 weeks. And a lot of muscle aches and pains where I couldn't move legs. Sometime towards 2 months in started bad headaches and burning in head after 4 months even lost 20 pounds and I was only 135 pounds. Dr put me on clonazepam but want off all of it. Things are suppose to help not make it worse."

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for ICU Agitation: "I was given this for post op pain in recovery instead of narcotics because a anesthesiologist deemed me a drug user because I requested no morphine due to severe itching and scratching till I bled. I could not take ibuprofen due to renal disease. I WAS GIVEN 2mg ativan IV and told it was pain medication. I could feel every bit of the pain but could not speak...people were walking by me and would say “she is asleep now” but I was screaming inside. All it did was drug me to the point I could not speak but could feel every bit of the pain. on the way home from the hospital I went psychotic in the car trying to hurt other people. This left me with nightmares for 2-3 weeks, depression, anger and memory loss. It was not disclosed what was given until I kept pressing them because it was the worst surgical experience ever. The cover up was the worst. It hindered my healing from the surgery."

Peds4life February 18, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have extremely bad anxiety that started at 8 years old when my essential tremor started. It’s a vicious cycle. Shaking causes anxiety, anxiety causes shaking to become more pronounced and it leaves me in constant fear. Anxiety became so bad recently that I had to go to the ER! I couldn’t even leave the house. Doctor gave me 1mg of Ativan within 30 minutes was calmer than I felt in months. It was SO hard to find a psychiatrist that would prescribe them but I did and now I take .5mg as needed but literally when needed!! I have 90 pills but have only needed 1. I force myself through the moderate anxiety as I am terrified of becoming addicted. (I DO NOT have an addictive personality though, never have) anyways I find these a absolute life saver and for some reason just knowing I have them on me calms my anxiety. I 100% recommend ONLY when needed in extreme cases!!! Force yourself through the moderate anxiety."

Bear (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2019

For Anxiety: "I like Lorazepam. My brain feels calm and I feel more relaxed and happier. I am able to complete duties-yes even simple house cleaning that used to baffle me. Now I can do it with no problem. Proud of myself."

BrightnShiny (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2019

For Anxiety: "Been on this drug for nearly 40 years now with no side effects. I take 3 mg and have never needed more. When I had post natal depression I was put on these and they really helped with anxiety and insomnia .I continue with them as I sleep well on them ."

loftybanana (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2019

For Anxiety: "Taking 1mg per day before bed for about 7 years. Helps a lot with falling asleep. No side effects during day time. Then about 3 years ago withdrawal symptoms started. I started getting anxiety during day time, which was especially bad about lunch time, which was about 15 hours after the night dose. For the last 6 months I have been tapering off lorazepam by breaking bits off the 1mg pill. Now I am at about 0.5mg per night and feeling better during the day. Sometimes I still get anxiety during the day but it has become milder. Still staying on the 0.5mg dose as I need my sleep."

Sara February 15, 2019

For Anxiety: "I’m 23 and suffer from very bad anxiety. My doctor let me try 0.5 mg of Ativan and, as soon as I took a dose of it, I began to HALLUCINATE! Visually and audibly. That made my anxiety even worse. It was like taking Ambien in the middle of the day. When I told my doctor, he said that’s actually a common side effect of Ativan which surprised me. I don’t know why I have this reaction to Ativan since Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin work absolutely fine for me and don’t cause this scary side effect. I’m sticking to Klonopin. There’s much better anti-anxiety medications than Ativan."

JonathanR (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

For Anxiety: "Doctor prescribed me 1mg X 3 per day. First week was fine, but soon after I developed a tolerance and between-dose withdrawal. Much to my dismay, my doctor kept me on this for 4 long months. The pills were working against me actually causing me anxiety. Now am in the process of tapering off. If only I was prescribed a longer acting benzo for a much shorter period."

Pocariboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

For Anxiety: "This drug definitely helped with my anxiety and panic attacks, I mostly use it for my plane anxiety now and it works great. This is not a long-term drug, if you need a long term med I suggest Xanax. Very little to no side effects using this drug except a little drowsiness."

Alex January 24, 2019

For Insomnia: "I've had insomnia for about 6 yrs now (ever since I started working shifts). At first I got zolpidem but it gave me black outs. Apparently I did a lot of stuff while using zolpidem, but sleeping wasn't one of them. I went to a sleep lab and they gave me a sleep schedule. This didn't work. I was tired all day and still unable to sleep. About 5 yrs ago I started using lormetazepam 2 mg. At first 2 mg worked fine, but 5 years later I have increased my dose to enormous and I'm still not able to sleep. Does anyone else have this same experience with long term use of lormetazepam. I guess I have developed tolerance. Any ideas on how to finally get some sleep?"

Eva January 16, 2019

For Insomnia: "Have taken for 15-20 years. Cannot sleep without it. Have had no side effects or interactions with other medicines, etc. Am a moderate drinker, but take no other drugs that would interact with Lorazepam. Highly recommend. I take 1 mg about 30 minutes before bedtime."

scrapper (taken for 10 years or more) January 14, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for : "I have been taking .05mg for nearly twenty years for my inner ear condition called Meniere’s Disease. I would suffer with debilitating dizziness (vertigo) to the point that I would have to roll out of bed to the floor and crawl to get to the restroom or any other place in my house. If I stood up I would fall over. Ativan has given me my life back. It is a miracle drug for me. A couple years ago I had a mental breakdown due to extreme stress from my job, loss of parents, and a son. This made my meniere’s worse and I was put on 1mg. This was the only thing that helped me function, until an antidepressant (Wellbutrin) kicked in. I am now back on the 0.5 dose, 1 daily in the morning, and able to live a very normal life. I am very thankful for this medication."

DK (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2019

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Ativan is a wonderful medicine. The people that abuse it, are ruining it for everyone. I got food poisoning followed by 3 rounds of what doctors called "stomach flu." They couldn't figure out how to help me. Ativan is the only thing that helped my nausea. The stomach issues I had also caused me anxiety that I never had in my life before. Ativan helped both nausea and anxiety with zero side effects. Took Ativan for 6 weeks then switched to Klonopin to wean off. Both of those meds are far better than any other SSRI which seem to have so many side effects."

blue-sky (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I found this medicine extremely helpful. I felt like I was going to die from panic until the doctor prescribed me this lifesaving drug. Worked wonderfully and without any side effects like other drugs I tried."

Senior (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "Ativan is a miracle drug for panic attacks for me. It instantly sedates me with 0 side effects every time. I would go from full on hyperventilation and heart racing to just being okay, not a zombie or ultra happy, but just feeling ok. The only issue is that since it is habit forming, my new provider refuses to prescribe it to anyone. My old one was based in Pennsylvania which is a state they have to register you in some healthcare database(not public of course!) for the purposes of drug abuse reduction as I was told."

Ceci (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Got on this after a nervous breakdown due to my mom nearly died and my job announced they were closing. I started having my heart skip beats which sent me spiralling into about two weeks of severe insomnia, depression, and panic. When I went to my doctor in tears he prescribed me Ativan. That night I finally slept.. and I kept taking 0.5mg for a week. I then began to improve so I began to taper to 0.25 mg and the second day on it I had withdrawal symptoms of a headache, panic, and nausea. The symptoms lasted 2 days and have finally subsided. I plan to taper again after another week. This medicine works wonders but you need to have an exit strategy fast."

Jim (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "Was prescribed this after a nervous breakdown left me with severe insomnia for 2 weeks leading to daily panic attacks and severe depression. I took 0.5mg at night and finally passed out. I still had some residual anxiety for a few days but I was able to cope. Now after 7 days of 0.5mg at night I started to taper off to 0.25mg per night to get off of the med and am experiencing minor withdrawals. Last night I had nausea and anxiety attacks leading to some sleep loss. I plan to fight through it at 0.25mg per night for the next 4 days then do down to 0.125mg for a week then stop... Be careful on this stuff, it works wonders, but make sure you have an exit in mind. I am frightened to think of how the withdrawal would be had I not started tapering so soon."

Jim (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been on 0.5mg of ativan. This is my second day. It instantly started helping me overall in every way. But I get real tired, but thats OK. I'll deal with that. I've never been on a nerve medicine before. I simply love it. It has turned a light on in my brain. I feel great and can handle things so much better. Its great."

Emmy November 29, 2018