User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 9)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

7.4

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 760 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "I take lorazepam for social anxiety. It seems to help. I feel more relaxed and talkative when I take it. It also helps me with severe depression."

Cheri23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Status Epilepticus: "This med works well for calming my head after a seizure(s). I have partial seizures. Started using it 2 years ago, 'as needed' Recently I'm attempting to discontinue any use of this medicine. My dosage is only 0.5 sublingual. The withdrawal symptoms are absolutely brutal. It's a low dose. I'm not sure if my sensitivity to medication and time taken affects the detox. I didn't expect the nightmares, nausea, exhaustion, fuzzy head. I am glad this med helped when needed, but can say, I'll never return to using it."

KaterinaSernowski (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have taken many anxiety and anti-depressants medications in the last 25 years. I have taken Lorazepam for last 13 years when needed , but for the last 2 years my dosage was increased from 1mg a day to 3mg a day every 8 hours , due to 7 close family members and 4 friends passing away. This is when the trouble started it did not work anymore , Doctor suggested I try clonazepam this lasted about three days , thought I was dying. His next step was to wean me off Lorazepam with Diazepam , I told him that I would not use a benzo to come off a benzo , then tells me too take 1mg a day for 30 days , realized he did not know what he was talking about or what to do. Then I went to my Pharmacy and asked her how do I taper off safely . Thanks to her we now have a plan"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 6, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "IF you use this drug JUDICIOUSLY, it can a God send. I take 1 mg 3 to 4 times a week, never passing 5 (and rarely hitting 5). 99% of the time I take it right at bedtime to get a bomb sleep. The next day, the world is beautiful. I am lucky; I can feel the drug working for 13 hours every time. And when it wears off, I still feel superb. I am a better person with this inexpensive medication in my life! I have been taking ativan for 10 years. The routine above has been consistently done for 3 years. Consider a low dose SSRI; I have been taking 10 mg of Cipralex/Lexapro for 18 months. I wish I had this figured out years ago! Good Luck."

Wayne Lafontaine March 5, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This med. Was given as anti anxiety medication. Straight knocked me out an hour after taking. Girl friend took it. She some how functioned to go to work. I was completely unable to cut hair, even unable to get out of chair. Anxiety was gone. And u should only take this drug short term then wean off it.My girl friends Dr. doubled her dosage from 1mg to 2 mg and without it she completely freaked out, yelling, screaming at me. She completely changes her personality if without it. When she stopped taking it, it was like she was coming off heroine. Was a worse situation coming off it, Dr. Did not lower her dose slowly, nor gave her something that could help her come off it. Mixed with cymbalta? Even worse. Mass hallucinations, both bad drugs."

Ziggy marps (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

For Anxiety: "Very effective but coming off is not fun. I wouldn't take it unless you have to I have severe anxiety and mild OCD and I'm choosing just not to take it. Side effects are real with this medicine. You'll be calm but at a price."

Jshsbsusbs March 1, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I know that many, including myself are not in favour of the pharmaceutical industry yet, when this drug literally saves your life, i.e. prevents suicidal ideation, can you really hate the industry, then? Think about that."

soucis February 27, 2017

For Anxiety: "So I have anxiety all of the time. But it's not the textbook rocking and shaking anxiety...it's the negative and obsessive thoughts-that something horrible will come if every situation. I have an as needed Rx for lorazepam and honestly I don't know if I like it. I feel like it makes me groggy enough but never takes the anxiety away. It almost feels like I hover over it but it's still underlying."

Shakybabe February 26, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have anxiety and sleeping problems. I like Xanax a little better I think. But Ativan still helps. Not from me because I haven't tried it yet but I heard if you like Xanax you have to double up on the Ativan from Xanax from 1mg to 2 and it would feel the same. That Ativan is weaker but has a longer shelf life. Regardless I would recommend this med out if you have sleeping problems or anxiety. There's usually a hard time for me to find a medium for me. I'm either too happy or to sad. Ativan n other benzo's give me that."

Tokeo February 25, 2017

For Anxiety: "This drug does help with anxiety. But this drugs attack on your mind and your soul when you suddenly quit this med is hell!!! I advise everyone to stay away from benzos. They will rob you of your life and your sanity. I have recently stumble across a amino acid that works better than a .5mg of lorazepam. It has no side effects and is actually good for you!!! Its called L theanine. This is a amazing natural supplement for anxiety and phobias. Its 100% safe and it works better for me than lorazepam. I take 400 mg a day. 200mg in the morning and 200mg with a 3mg melatonin at night for restful sleep. I stopped benzos after being on them for 2 years for horrible panic and anxiety 5 days ago. I started this regimen 2 days ago and it killed the withdrawals."

Val39 February 25, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Hands down, the best immediate solution for anxiety or panic attacks. I prefer Ativan to other benzos and it usually lifts my depression too, even suicidal thoughts ( well for the few hours that it works). Just be very careful not to become addicted but this is extremely helpful as an occasional tool in stressful situations. DO not take every day for many days unless instructed so, but even then do your research."

Canada345 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2017

For Anxiety: "I've been struggling with depression but mostly anxiety for 16 years. I take an antidepressant and last year I tried to change it three times. During this time I began to use Lorazapam daily and began to increase it when it wasn't working for me. Needless to say this was the worst year ever. My anxiety symptoms were hell. After reading about Lorazapam and the problems with tolerance, rebound anxiety, looping and withdrawal, I realized my problem was not the antidepressants but Lorazapam. If you take it once a month or several times per year it could help and shouldn't hurt you, but if you take it every day, you are asking for trouble. my recommendation is avoid Lorazapam at all costs."

Despair (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "hi this is very good medicines for anxiety treatment , you can use it for when your suffer depression and anxiety. I have also take this for last 2 months before."

Stevebrown February 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have had anxiety all my life, only after loosing my mom I realize she had it before it was named. I have used anti depressant then learned meditation and exercise techniques and become med free. Now at 65 the monster is back, 0.5 Lorazepam twice a week is great. But if I go back to work more a week might be needed. We will see."

Gitpicjohnny (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "Be careful ! this is a strong drug, it's effect is amazing and sometimes you feel HIGH. But...it causes dependence worse than cocaine...and loses the effect after some months.. SO GUYS ALWAYS TALK WITH THE DOCTOR NEVER USE THIS FOR TOO LONG !!!"

Attention2 January 28, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've had extremely bad anxiety, panic attacks, and mood swings. This medicine is wonderful. It's not very strong but it takes the edge off. I'd recommended to anyone with anxiety."

K433 January 20, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Hi All Im a young man 24 years old, I have several issues with my brain since many years ago.... I have a Major Depression, GAD, SAD, OCD, and Panic Disorder. I've been tried many option, I tried Hypnotherapy, Emotional Therapy, CBT , also I have been to some psychiatrist in Indonesia and Singapore. Finally I met the best psychiatrist in my country, and with him I found best med and finally cure my problem. You all have to try this too and talk to your psychiatrist to ask for prescription. Every Morning I take 1mg Ativan and Every Night I take 5mg Zyprexa and 150mg Zoloft Please try this, please.. Enjoy your life.. Also CBT is good as well..."

TSG from Indonesia please read January 18, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Hi All Im a young man 24 years old, I have several issues with my brain since many years ago.... I have a Major Depression, GAD, SAD, OCD, and Panic Disorder. I've been tried many option, i tried Hypnotherapy, Emotional Therapy, CBT , also I been to some psychiatrist in Indonesia and Singapore. Finally I met the best psychiatrist in my country, and with him I found best med and finally cure my problem. You all have to try this too and talk to your psychiatrist to ask for prescription. Every Morning I take 1mg Ativan and Every Night I take 5mg Zyprexa and 150mg Zoloft Please try this, please.. Enjoy your life.. Also CBT is good as well..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have a "emergencies only" prescription for 1mg of lorazapam, so I don't take it every day. I average about two doses a month. But even at that low level of usage, lorazapam has changed my life! I no longer have to suffer through lengthy bouts of my heart pounding and being nearly frozen from anxiety. I keep some with me wherever I go, and even if I don't need to take it, it's very comforting to know it's there if I do. It may have even saved my life on a number of occasions. I am so grateful that a doctor suggested trying lorazapam."

MsMaryF January 18, 2017

For Anxiety: "This is my first time taking Ativan. I just started having panic attacks about 2 weeks ago. The Dr. prescribed 1mg. The directions says to take one twice a day, but I'm on gonna take it as needed. The reason being is because lots of reviews from others said it could become addictive. So far it has worked very fine. I only have the attacks at night. When my boyfriend is away for work out of town I tend to worry a lot about taking care of the kids n staying home alone with them by myself. When he's around I feel safe and I sleep like a charm. I hope this will only be temporary. Ativan works fast!!! Definitely a life saver."

Bria25 January 18, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Prior to starting med school, I was having numerous panic attacks. Over time they intensified, getting worse by the day. I seriously thought that the social life was just done for me. I used to try and stay close to hospitals in case something bad happened to me. I worried excessively about my health (in which I'm completely healthy). I constantly went to emergency rooms to see doctors for having panic aftacks (heart beating fast, shaking, feeling of "lost in the world" and scared). I tried so many anti depressants and anti anxiety meds. They either made me too sleepy, headaches, or didn't work at all. ATIVAN has been EXCELLENT! No Side effects ! Works perfect! Psych docs hate the drug! But it works!"

StudentDoc (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I will always take Ativan for my mild-to-moderate panic. The only problem is, it can become addictive. So I try to use other methods for my anxiety before I reach for the Ativan."

BonnieTulip (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Sedation: "52 year old diagnosed with ovarian cancer in July 2016. Received chest mediport in August and went through 12 weeks of chemo. Only side effects were constipation from chemo and sleepless nights from Dedcadron. While these steroids made me feel strong and allow me to work while taking chemo they also keep me wired at night. Only on those days of chemo I would take 1 mg of Ativan at night. So blessed to get some much needed rest and was at work by 6:00 ready for my work day. Feeling rested and getting that quality sleep is very vital when fighting this disease and taking chemo. I just had IP port surgically implanted into abdomen today. Staring next 3 cycles of IP chemo after having surgery December 8th.Ativan has helped me, no side effects."

FightingANDWILLWin January 11, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "Helps with restless extremities aiding falling asleep."

jbenr (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been on/off benzodiazapines for about 20 years. I am now back on ativan 1mg 3 times a day for anxiety/panic attacks and insomnia. I know I need an increase in dose soon, as it no longer relaxes me as much as it used to. I find ativan to be the best benzo. I've tried xanax, (which made me sleepwalk), valium, (which doesn't affect me really). I think I will stick to ativan and after 20 minutes, I feel a lot better. relaxed."

kerrylmcder January 4, 2017