User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 9)

Also known as: Ativan

7.5

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 743 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Hi All Im a young man 24 years old, I have several issues with my brain since many years ago.... I have a Major Depression, GAD, SAD, OCD, and Panic Disorder. I've been tried many option, i tried Hypnotherapy, Emotional Therapy, CBT , also I been to some psychiatrist in Indonesia and Singapore. Finally I met the best psychiatrist in my country, and with him I found best med and finally cure my problem. You all have to try this too and talk to your psychiatrist to ask for prescription. Every Morning I take 1mg Ativan and Every Night I take 5mg Zyprexa and 150mg Zoloft Please try this, please.. Enjoy your life.. Also CBT is good as well..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have a "emergencies only" prescription for 1mg of lorazapam, so I don't take it every day. I average about two doses a month. But even at that low level of usage, lorazapam has changed my life! I no longer have to suffer through lengthy bouts of my heart pounding and being nearly frozen from anxiety. I keep some with me wherever I go, and even if I don't need to take it, it's very comforting to know it's there if I do. It may have even saved my life on a number of occasions. I am so grateful that a doctor suggested trying lorazapam."

MsMaryF January 18, 2017

For Anxiety: "This is my first time taking Ativan. I just started having panic attacks about 2 weeks ago. The Dr. prescribed 1mg. The directions says to take one twice a day, but I'm on gonna take it as needed. The reason being is because lots of reviews from others said it could become addictive. So far it has worked very fine. I only have the attacks at night. When my boyfriend is away for work out of town I tend to worry a lot about taking care of the kids n staying home alone with them by myself. When he's around I feel safe and I sleep like a charm. I hope this will only be temporary. Ativan works fast!!! Definitely a life saver."

Bria25 January 18, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Prior to starting med school, I was having numerous panic attacks. Over time they intensified, getting worse by the day. I seriously thought that the social life was just done for me. I used to try and stay close to hospitals in case something bad happened to me. I worried excessively about my health (in which I'm completely healthy). I constantly went to emergency rooms to see doctors for having panic aftacks (heart beating fast, shaking, feeling of "lost in the world" and scared). I tried so many anti depressants and anti anxiety meds. They either made me too sleepy, headaches, or didn't work at all. ATIVAN has been EXCELLENT! No Side effects ! Works perfect! Psych docs hate the drug! But it works!"

StudentDoc (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I will always take Ativan for my mild-to-moderate panic. The only problem is, it can become addictive. So I try to use other methods for my anxiety before I reach for the Ativan."

BonnieTulip (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Sedation: "52 year old diagnosed with ovarian cancer in July 2016. Received chest mediport in August and went through 12 weeks of chemo. Only side effects were constipation from chemo and sleepless nights from Dedcadron. While these steroids made me feel strong and allow me to work while taking chemo they also keep me wired at night. Only on those days of chemo I would take 1 mg of Ativan at night. So blessed to get some much needed rest and was at work by 6:00 ready for my work day. Feeling rested and getting that quality sleep is very vital when fighting this disease and taking chemo. I just had IP port surgically implanted into abdomen today. Staring next 3 cycles of IP chemo after having surgery December 8th.Ativan has helped me, no side effects."

FightingANDWILLWin January 11, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "Helps with restless extremities aiding falling asleep."

jbenr (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been on/off benzodiazapines for about 20 years. I am now back on ativan 1mg 3 times a day for anxiety/panic attacks and insomnia. I know I need an increase in dose soon, as it no longer relaxes me as much as it used to. I find ativan to be the best benzo. I've tried xanax, (which made me sleepwalk), valium, (which doesn't affect me really). I think I will stick to ativan and after 20 minutes, I feel a lot better. relaxed."

kerrylmcder January 4, 2017

For Anxiety: "I take Lorazepam 1mg for anxiety. It really helps. My symptoms are heart racing, rescuing thoughts, sharing, hard to breathe, and the worst is heat flashes because I turn red and it makes me more embarrassed.. The only concern I have is when I take it consistently is good. But, I ran out a couple times. It's usually 2 or 3 days before I fill it. I noticed during those days I have more anxiety than I did before I ever started taking it. I would only get heat flashes one a week or so before I started this medication. The days I missed it I had an average 2-3 a day. I don't want this medication to make me worse.. Also, I feel like my memory and focus have decreased. I'm thinking of switching. Just sucks because I really like it otherwise."

H.a.928 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2017

For Anxiety: "It helps me to not only become calm but to stay that way and if I take it at night it helps me sleep better along with my Ambien."

Jimelkins January 2, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "It was given to me in the hospital to aid in sleeping. I woke up in another hospital bed down the hall. It was empty and I was trying to get in that bed. I had a heart monitor on, but I had moved out of my room, and was half dressed wandering the halls until I came on the nurse station. Why didn't someone know I was having an issue, because of my disconnected heart monitor? They put me back in bed and seemed upset at me. They never explained. I just took it once. I was awake but couldn't see or know what has happened, or about to happen. Could have walked off a bldg. "

Kaneohe January 1, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have bipolar, anxiety PTSD. I'm currently on and off new meds because of trial and error. Lithium didn't work, valium didn't work, the only thing that's been working to keep the extreme anxiety down is the lorazapam. I only take it just hefore I go into work and its wonderful I can calmly power through my 10 hour shifts with ease"

Sms090 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've been taking Cipralex 20mg in the morning and 15mg Remeron at night and would take from 0.5mg to 1mg of lorazapam in the morning as this is when my anxiety is worst. Since my anxiety was not improving, I decided to get off the Remeron to reduce the Seratonin. Remeron was great for helping me sleep but the withdrawal was awful. I decided to use lorazapam to help me sleep which worked well for a while. Without the Remeron my morning anxiety became better and I started to have better days. This only lasted about a week. Pretty soon I was having sleeping problems and the lorazapam didn't help my daily anxiety either and in fact at times I felt worse. This is the downfall of lorazapam. You build up a tolerance and have to increase the dose."

Paul Mar December 28, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Ativan helped with nausea tremendously.... I've been dealing with nausea for 8 months ...stress related ...."

Miss thangggg (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

For Anxiety: "Elevated heart rate, sweating, chills, tingles/numbness and shortness of breath, blurred vision, chest pain, can't breathe... You name it I've felt it lol. I nearly overdosed on alcohol and cocaine when I was in high school. Made me realize I wasn't invincible and I have been an anxiety and panic sufferer ever since. Its only been about 13 years with the attacks but about 4 years ago I thought I was having a heart attack for the millionth time (hooked up to a machine and blood was all clear as always lol) and after the doctor prescribed Lorazepam and it has saved me many times. Including today lol. ONLY TAKE WHEN NEEDED. I HAVE AN ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY AND IT WOULD BE EASY TO USE THESE AS A CRUTCH. I only take one every couple days now."

Daniel S (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2016

For Status Epilepticus: "Lorazepam has changed my life. I've had seizures for 20 years now. After being prescribed this, my seizures have been less frequent and it has actually stopped seizures from happening! I take them as soon as I feel the aura."

Tesseract December 12, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been dealing with anxiety now for bout 2 months. I'm worried that it will never go away. When I take the medication I feel so much better, however I'm am worried about being depended on the drug and withdrawal."

lisa nicole smith December 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "It's just like any other medicine. Works differently on each person."

Ben19811 December 8, 2016

For Anxiety: "From (way) past experiences, lorazepam works better than diazepam (Valium) or alprazolam (Xanax) when comparing correctly converted dosages, administered for the same purposes of anxiolysis for clinically significant anxiety related to adjustment disorders, and potentization of concurrently administered fentanyl or other narcotic for outpatient procedures, whether of a surgical nature, or diagnostic and imaging procedures for an individual who may have difficulty remaining still for extended periods of time, as in an MRI. While midazolam (Versed) is the traditional benzo- favorite to be combined with fentanyl via IV, especially for the better retro- and anteriograde amnesia it usually provides, midazolam is difficult to obtain by pill."

Prof. VanNordstrom, the Clinic (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been experiencing periodic anxiety attacks ever since my house caught on fire, five years ago. Doc initially prescribed two Ativan a day, one in the morning and one at night. It worked great, but I didn't like the drowsy side effect in the morning. But, I will tell you, it is a life saver to quell off an attack that's in full gear or one that you feel coming on. As I write this, I just woke up in the middle of an attack and took 1 mg and am starting to come down after an hour. I only take them as needed now, so I don't build up a tolerance to the medication. I hope this was helpful to a few of you that suffer out there too."

Eagle03 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "An excellent medication, out of all meds I tried none were as effective for managing my PTSD symptoms. Completely prevented flashbacks and nightmares and anxiety at night and allowed me to fall asleep very calmly. However I can't give it a 10 because I gained tolerance to the doses incredibly quickly, meaning I had to keep raising the dose to get the same effect, which is dangerous because it is a drug you can become physically addicted to. I would highly recommend this med to those seeking a short term fix while they are becoming stable on another long term med, but would not recommend it as a long term fix due to tolerance and addiction possibilities."

Polinda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

For Anxiety: "I took 2mg one night at the ER because I was having a panic attack and it worked quickly. But tonight I took 1mg before going to the mall on black friday because I knew it would be crowded and I'd get overwhelmed, so I took 1mg in advance before I went and it did nothing for me whatsoever. I left overwhelmed and very irritated after 15 minutes. I'm home now and feeling very irritated by the whole experience."

Scccc (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

For Anxiety: "So I've been dealing with anxiety for a while but never took anything for it until now. I've noticed that it has made me very tired, very drowsy, and dizzy. I like that I am not having anxiety attack but the side effects do concern me."

Daramjwichoi November 9, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I take Ativan for panic attacks as well as general anxiety. I must say, it works very very well. When compared to Xanax, I think Xanax is more effective in stopping the panic attack but Ativan is better at just avoiding an attack altogether. It kicks in just as fast as Xanax but seems to linger in the system longer. So for me, when I took Xanax and was panicking I had to take, then I'd be great, then have to take again, etc. Ativan for me has been more smoother. I take and I am good. I do have to take a higher dosage than I would of Xanax but barely. I think this medication is great for panic and general anxiety though never try to take a benzo as a regimen. The withdrawals are dehabilitating!"

KyleFontenot (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I am on lexapro since I was 16, so for the past basically five years I've struggled with anxiety. My doctor decided about three weeks ago to give me ativan as a "break the glass kind of emergency" immediate anxiety relief. I've only used it twice since then and I don't know how to describe this medicine other than quiet. It makes everything so quiet. and for someone with anxiety, its a miracle. I've learned what the on-set of an attack looks like, and by taking this medicine within thirty minutes I am calm, collected and have completely avoided what might have been a mental breakdown. Honestly, this drug is such a life saver. It does make you a little sleepy but nothing at all unbearable. I can take it any time of the day. its amazing."

MahryT06 November 2, 2016