User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 510 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "It's amazing how well this actually works. I thought I would be stuck with anxiety forever and wondered how I would ever be able to finish uni and find a job. This completely got rid of my social anxiety as well as all the physical symptoms that came with it. I can talk with people normally and for once have some hope that my life could actually turn out well. No more random panic attacks or worrying about minor things either. No side effects of any sort. I wish I had taken this back in high school when I was first prescribed it but I was too anxious to try any medicine."

gregs374 December 2, 2014

For Anxiety: "I was diagnosed as bipolar in Nov 2014. I'm currently on 1 mg of Ativan (lorazepan) and 150 mg Seroquel (quetiapine). In the beginning I was very tired and slept a lot. Now that a few weeks have gone by I can think clearly, the depression has decreased and I can function in crowds now. I may not want to spend the rest of my life on them but I am grateful for them."

meep45678 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have epileptic seizures & there are times my mind thinks non stop even in my sleep. And I would wake up tired and sore with a headache. I could literally see my thoughts racing in my mind about things I had to do the next day, I got to the point I was only sleeping 2-3 hours a night, my neurologist prescribed me lorazepam & it helps. I fall asleep faster; however, I still wake up before the alarm but I'm well rested."

Peach45 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2014

For Anxiety: "I had been very stressed, depressed and suffered from very high anxiety and panic. I was hesistant at first to take the medication because of all of the scary reviews online, but I have to say, whenever I felt like I was losing control and on the verge or having an attack or loss of control I took this medication and within 30 minutes I felt very calm and relaxed. "

OnlyAMemory November 24, 2014

For Anxiety: "Take it for "shutting my brain down" at night so I can sleep. Excellent medicine in that it's subtle and effective. I notice that an hour after dosing I'm much more relaxed and slowing down but in a very good way. Also in the morning I feel very calm again."

TGK21 November 14, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Ostensibly prescribed for Menieres and vertigo, it had a huge impact on my panic episodes and anxiety, only slightly less effective than Xanax, but slightly longer lasting. Also was a smooth, warm feeling taking it. The downside after a months use, after a week of nothing, the nausea and vomiting kicked in heavy, so I shy away from this one... That time delay of withdrawal was awkward in public places. Still, if I were to ask for an adjuvant, I'd pick Ativan over the more powerful Xanax."

JayneC (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Given that I've had issues with addiction, my previous psychiatrist would not prescribe me any benzos and instead prescribed me Vistaril, which I found pretty useless. For someone with acute panic and anxiety issues, benzos really should be the first and last word on the topic. Ativan is great. Because of my addiction history, I am very careful with it and never take it more than prescribed. It is enough to make me feel "evened out" during the day without making me loopy, euphoric or sleepy. And at night, it puts me out without giving me a "hangover" the following day like Valium does."

AnxietyDude (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Long story short, I am terrified of medication , the first time I took Ativan I had already got myself all worked up about having to take it that when I did I went into full blown panic attack. It was not because of this med , it was my own doing. The second and third time I took it, it worked well . Allowed me to get through the entire day like myself again. Even took the depression away that I have caused from anxiety . I have only taken it 3 times in the last month since was prescribed it . Since I've read how addicting this can be I have been very careful about taking it only when I really need it."

lenalena (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2014

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I Have only taken my Ativan 3 times in the past month that I have had it. I really try to take it only on the times I can't control my anxiety and can not work because of it. I am so against taking medication including this one but the second and third time I took it I was happy I did. It allows me to function and get through the day feeling good. It really does take the edge off and also calms my heart rate, As it usually is always beating faster throughout the day just from being anxious. Even though I still get paranoid about having to Take this medication when I really need it , I end up being glad I did. It works! I personally have no side effects either from this med."

lena1990 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2014

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was on this med during chemo and it worked fine during the first 4 months. After that I started getting uncontrolable crying spells. Would just burst into tears for no reason. Found out this was one of the side effects. Believe me I don't cry easily at least until I was on lorazepam. Even went to a psychologist twice and even she wasn't sure why I was there since I don't have issues to work out. Other than the crying problem I did like this med. it worked well for me during the first 4 months of chemo. Good luck!"

Jlemaire November 4, 2014

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Sedation: "Very helpful for short term treatment of anxiety and insomnia. I found I only needed to take half dose to have a good nights sleep and to feel calm the next day. Such a relief after 2 years cancer treatment left me very tired and anxious. Only problem is the doctors don't like it to be used other than for short term."

charlie 2 November 1, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Ativan for a few days while I wait for Lexapro to kick in. It has been a life saver. It has allowed me to eat and sleep, which has been huge in this fight against anxiety. It really helps mellow me out and take the edge off."

23, Male (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was given a prescription for this 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. It is the one thing I can count on to help slow spiraling thinking. I have never taken it regularly until recently because of some major life stressors. I would normally take 0.5 mg in the morning once in awhile, but now I have been advised by my Dr. To take up to 0.5 mg three times a day as needed while I adjust to Zoloft. I have not needed it more than twice in a day. It sure helps, and so far I have never had any problems stopping taking it."

Skeeter1969 October 19, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Have taken lorazepam now for a year only on and off when insomnia becomes unbearable. They are little life savers only take 0.5 mgs, took 1 mg once and had a bad day next day depressed and drowsy the whole day. Menopause is a challenging time with the awful insomnia. I have also taken night nurse and sometimes 3 mgs melatonin. It is hard to get doctor to prescribe the tablets but they are worth taking just to get one nights sleep."

phildar (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2014

For Anxiety: "Used it for claustrophobia when undergoing throat radiation therapy for cancer. Worked great. Also used it for an MRI on my shoulder. I don't have anxiety/panic attacks but for these medical procedures it worked great."

Rob in Seattle (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2014

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed Zoloft 60mg twice a day. I didn't like the Zoloft and now take Lorazepam 1mg 3 times a day, it makes a world of difference."

JL840 September 16, 2014

For Anxiety: "I was having major panic attacks to the degree that I could not function. I'm terrified of all medicine, but when youre having anxiety to that degree, you're willing to try most anything for relief. I started out taking 0.5 mg 2-3x/day. Built up a tolerance after a few wks and was increased to 1 mg, but I don't take that dosage unless necessary. This med has helped me so much with no side effects that I can tell."

tiffanytwisted (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2014

For Insomnia: "Started taking 2mg. Before bed...able to sleep for 5-6 hrs. Feeling tired , fuzzy most of next day. Worried all day about sleeping . Improved sex life, greatly improved ejaculation control."

Kenamaro September 14, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have a severe Anxiety. It comes and goes. Sometimes I can control or sometimes I can't. Up to now it has been really bad. So my doctor perscribed me Ativan. Just took it this morning. So far It's helping but sometime if my Anxiety gets far to worse and I take the Ativan sometimes it takes a while for it to calm or slows down."

Kimberly Anne Miller September 12, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Took it for 3 months 2.5 mg and did not help the anxiety, it made it worse. I am tapering down."

tiredofanxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I was given Ativan for occasional use. I try to use it once every week or once every ten days for sleep. (0.5mg). I'm lucky that I don't have to use it any more regularly because I don't work right now. I find that it helps me relax to sleep, and I wake up feeling and looking rested. The looking rested part is important because it tells me how good it is at actually calming the anxiety. I know that when my anxiety is high, even if I sleep 10hrs, I'll wake up tired and looking tired. But I think this medicine actually does a good job of getting rid of that anxiety, so your body can rest and get into some level of "deep" sleep. But absolutely, really only use it on the day that you must."

Joe9393 August 9, 2014

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "The loss of my best friend has changed my world. I have the worse time getting to sleep because I can't deal with not be able to talk to her anymore. I pray a lot and say thank you Lord over and over like my mantra and sometimes that works. Now Lorazepam has become my close friend as it puts me to sleep and stops the racinG thoughts that are RELENTLESS! I take between 2-3 mg one hour before bed time, because I also take it for anxiety in the day at times. Once in he ER I was given 4mg intravenously and it knocked me out. I had worked a 19 hour shift and my heart was racing. I love my Lorazepam."

JanetCStone (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 4, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "My Anxiety started when I had a big CNA state test. I was so damn nervous and shaking I could have sworn I was going to stop breathing. From there on I kept having anxiety of being nervous feeling of being scared to drive and etc thinking and feeling stupid. My doc tried me on 0.5's and my hands aren't shaky from nerves I have been more social and speaking up more. I feel so much better and I'm thank full for lorazepam."

KeishaCakes (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2014

For Anxiety: "Have been having every day adrenaline in chest with heavy feeling, diagnosed with anxiety after 8 trips to ER. Started Zoloft but it made my anxiety ten times worse. I now take 0.5mg of Ativan as needed, it helps get through the day. I am usually dizzy on most days and have a heaviness in chest."

Lynette in Texas (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "This is an amazing medicine in my opinion, THE BEST FOR ANXIETY AND PANIC DISORDERS! It is the only anxiety medicine I have ever tried and allows me to be able to get over that attack feeling quickly, and then continue the rest of the day normal again without getting so tired I have to sleep. With Ativan I am able to stay awake and functional, for the rest of the day! Work, ball game, whatever I'm doing that day I can take just 1mg and be fine the rest of the day without being to tired or sluggish the day after. I know that everyone is different but I speak on behalf of my own experience. But if you haven't found something to help you personal disorder I would definitely recommend talking to your doctor about Ativan."

Omega529 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 2, 2014