User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia

Cervical Dystonia
7.5

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.6 630 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Instead of calming me down and relaxing me from my anxiety and panicky feelings it made them extremely worse. I thought I was going to loose my mind. Well actually for a brief time I did. It caused me to have a nervous breakdown. This was only on the second day I took it. I didn't know what was going on or what was happening. I thought I was going to loose my mind and before I knew it I slit one of my wrist. I have never had any intention of doing this before taking Ativan. Thankful help came and I got 8 staples put in my wrist were I cut it. I will never take this medicine ever again. I just warn to be very careful taking this medicine. I have never had any reactions to medicines before until this medicine I took back in Sept 16, 2015."

heartwhispers March 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take adavan for panic attacks caused by load noises or medical test and the dentist it is very effective within 30 minutes it makes me sleepy and relaxed. I get off balance and dizzy so I usually need help walking it is a great medication for panic attacks"

Victoria 25 March 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have previously had a problem with alcohol, and I have tried any non-benzo on the market but nothing has helped me with my anxiety attacks. I took lorazepam 0.5 mg for the first time yesterday. I had forgotten what it felt like not to be anxious. I was able to enjoy a few hours of not being afraid. I know it is not a long term fix, but now I know what I am striving for when I am thinking of getting healthy."

nanbread (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have chronic Anxiety and Nausea/Vomiting. At first, I got put on HydrOXYzine 25mg 4x daily. It barely touched me, very weak medication. Then I tried Promethazine, which worked incredibly well for the Nausea. But it didn't help with my Anxiety. Then I got put on Lorazepam, 2mg 3x daily.. My whole life changed. No more anxiety, no more vomiting, and no more Anxiety induced Insomnia. Lorazepam is a GREAT medication."

LorazePAM2mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I took my first 1mg dose recently and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I was prescribed Ativan to take only as needed on the cusp of an anxiety attack, as I've been having a few lately. It absolutely took the sting out of the anxiety and left me feeling really chilled out, to the point of that really comfortable tiredness when you're super relaxed. I haven't felt that in a long time. I didn't have any gross side effects (except for the tiredness) and was able to enjoy the rest of my day :)"

LizzyMcGoo March 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I started taking Xanax after the suicide of my son. I was on it for quite a while but it didn't work so well after a while and I was not sleeping. So I was put on Lorazepam. 2mg twice a day only I take them both at night with a 50mg amitrypline. If I don't knock myself completely out I have horrible night terrors and nightmares. I have been on this dose for about 2 years now. How can I get out of this? Whereas time has by no means made it "easier to deal with" I know I will need to be on something for sleep but an now worried about the long term affects. I am also worried about it showing up on drugs tests."

CLL Night Sky Watcher March 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I am a 47 year old male and within one year I've developed a anxiety disorder. I work as a controls engineer in the automotive field so stress and tennage kids pushed me to the brink. The anxiety is up and down now largely due to fear of that weird derealization feeling I get. Ativan is amazing its able snap me back into a calm and rational state when the anxiety is at its peak. I was originally concerned about its dependence but I believe self management can eliminate that. I am on 5mg of escitalopram but find it really doesn't seem to have any effect. Hang tough fellow anxiety brothers and sisters... Anxiety Sucks"

Ken905 March 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 0.5-1mg for times of unmanageable anxiety or panic attacks. This happens a few times a year. Very effective medication with no side effects for me. I've been taking it since I was 26, I'm now 30."

Jake9277 March 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I am now 46, I started experiencing panic Attacks a year ago, The Daily Life Stress and Depression Attributed in my opinion to my Panic Attacks. I would have an attack about once to twice daily, Some Mild,some severe. I Had the worst one in Sept/2015 I called 911,I was at home alone, I truly believed my time has come and that I was about to die. I was transported to ER, and by the time we got there I had calmed down and start feeling normal again, and That's when the ER Doctor Officially diagnosed me with Social Anxiety Disorder and Prescribed me....... You Guessed it, Lorazepam 1mg. To Take as needed. The best Thing Ever happened to me. I love this Medication. Life savor ."

Leomanfl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug has saved my life, I take 1 mg twice daily, I have severe anxiety and panic disorder that leads me to never leaving the house bc I'm scared of everything. This drug dug me out of a deep anxiety phase that was leading to very serious depression I was scared to tell my doctor that I was gonna kill myself if they didn't find something that worked I tried about 14 other meds with little to no success. Before my doctor said I'm gonna try you on ativan and see how it helps with my drug history this was a last choice kind of thing. He warned me about the potential for abuse and addiction, I'm aware of it and I never abuse the drug. I've been using ativan for 2-3 months now and I'm finally back into the work force finally able to drive again"

mazda lover (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Avoid Benzos. I'm an alcoholic now, thanks to Lorazepam addiction. They leave a mark on you. Lorazepam was my vice. Again, avoid benzos. It can't end well. Benzos are a one way street."

Snowcaller February 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I started taking Ativan in 1997. My first and only time in a psychiatric ward. I was diagnosed with panic attacks. When I first started taking them the first 3 days were an absolute nightmare. I was getting more side effects being on them than without. I told the doctor and he told me to give it a few day and that this side effect would go away. I was literally going to sleep (in and out of sleep?) with a bible in my arms. Finally the 3rd day it did start to take effect and my panic became less frightening. I started in 1997 @ .5 MG 3xday and now in 2015 I take 1mg 3xday. It has never given me a problem except for those fee days when I started the dosage."

Sa68 February 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was just diagnosed in my 40's with generalized anxiety disorder not surprised. I was always having anxiety/panic attacks and unable to function some times. I now take Celexa daily and while it takes about 2 months to really kick in my anxiety is gone and I feel FAR beyond how I have felt in forever. Zoloft nor prozac worked. I don't know they are truly geared towards anxiety. High;y recommend it at 10mg if not feeling better."

Trishapis February 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This drug saved my life. I had General Anxiety Disorder(GAD) and i get a few panic attacks, and this has been the most helpful thing for it."

Abdane February 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have had to take this medication (when I try my hardest to stay away from meds) on a few occasions everytime its only taken .2 or .5mg to relieve my panic attack! I love it except my Dr won't prescribe me anymore for those just in case times and I don't want to go on an antidepressant. I don't know if its just my depression but I feel lack of motivation and very tired but that could have to do with it being a sedative too. Would suggest to anyone that just can't control the anxiety and panic."

mrsnew February 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I recently started getting anxiety. It started very slow and began to get worse. I went to hospital very anxious one day. They did all test and as I already knew found nothing. I asked for something to calm me down. They gave me 1.0mg Ativan IV. The minute the nurse pulled the needle out I was ready to go home as if nothing happen. Slept like a baby that night .I was good for like 4 days until I started to feel anxious again. I just started Zoloft today which takes some 1 or 2 weeks to work and Ativan for in case I get another attack before Zoloft kicks in. For me Ativan has been great."

JR1224 February 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Saved my life and made my life managable. So far superior to numerous SSRI's, SSNI's, off label gabapentim. serax, than any of the 10 other anti depressants I tried. Wasted 3 years of my life. May be addictive for addicts & alcohol abusers but if taken as prescribed I've had minimal side effects. I'm not dizzy, falling, etc."

Johnny Jo February 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I took the first 0.5 mm lorazepam and it got me super sleepy in the evening while watching TV. Lucky it was night because I was zonked. The next day I right away experienced withdrawal, yuck. I hate that feeling. I would have had to take another one just to get rid of the withdrawal from the first one. And maybe after a few days the withdrawal symptoms would settle down but I didn't think I should be getting withdrawal immediately like that. And I certainly didn't want to think about going through it in the future even stronger symptoms. So the first one was all I took. I wised up quickly and didn't continue taking them. I felt dizzy and crappy for two or three days just from that one pill. Unreal."

Anonymous February 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This is a fantastic medication. It is far less sedating than Clonazepam, and it also doesn't cause the "loopiness" that Clonazepam does."

branman (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia along with all the other issues that come with it. Anxiety & stress easily are two of the things. Ativan over Xanax for me big time for some reason Xanax would make my ankles swell? Then I tried Ativan and it worked great I put under my tongue and it melts under there and helps me within 15 minutes. I can go some weeks/months without ever taking it and then If I have a bad issue with the family or a panic attack from a flare it works fabulous. The most I've had to take it was 10 days in a row. I've had a prescription since 2004 and it's 2016 I get 30 1.mg a month. I don't use them all but I do get a refill every couple months just to have some on hand."

Winding down February 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "To any one who reads this.I was driving my car and all of a sudden..BAM!!! Out of no where my heart was beating very rapidly and hard, I could feel my body shaking with the heart beats, then an extreme pressure on my chest, then my throat got a weird feeling..like a burning pressure and then MY TEETH HURT!! I was flipping out!! Then I got light headed and thought I was having a heart attack. It was 19 degrees out but I put the window down to get air which didn't help. It wouldn't stop. Then the light head feeling made me think OMG IM GONNA PASS OUT AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE A ACCIDENT AND KILL SOMEONE!! I was on the Pennsylvania Turpike so I pulled over and put my 4 ways on. A cop came and he red lighted it 120mph.to hospital...ATIVAN SAVED ME!"

Becki1959 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I started taking this medication at 0.5 mg. and thought I was okay, had to get dose upped to 1.0 mg. to sleep, but what has been happening, I cry all the time, am angry and sad. I cry most of the day, everyday! I am having what a doctor called PTSD from seeing my mom pass 2 years ago and am dealing with anger issues there still, but now all I do is cry!!!!!!! Does anyone else feel this? I feel so alone!!!! Rose"

Rose1964 January 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with a Panic Disorder. I literally cannot leave the house without this medication because certain things can set me off. I take a rather high dose and have tried to wean down and I got down to 3- 2mg tabs daily from 4 but can't go out at night without a PRN dose in my purse. It literally is a life saver if you have debilitating anxiety or PTSD. I am calm and in control on it and no outbursts. It also helps with my lung cancer when I get shortness of breath. I can start to panic which makes it worse. I know this is a very easy drug to abuse but I take it only as prescribed because it is so important to my functioning and having a good quality of life."

Larrk (taken for 10 years or more) January 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This medication helped me so much no side effects. But if your struggling with anxiety like I was please check to see if you have food allergies struggled with anxiety for more then 5 years switch doctors found out I've had a gluten allergy that cause's anxiety and other systems. Please check it out I wish I knew sooner! Best of luck!"

Heretohelp2324 January 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "It was interesting reading through the other opinions. My experience with Ativan has not been great, I have severe headaches every time I have tried taking it. In addition to having cancer I also have PTSD and chronic pain syndrome, so I have to take Cymbalta, hydrocodone and hydromorphone for breakthrough pain. I recently added Xanax and it helps with anxiety, BUT I loose giant periods of memory. I am a wife and mom of two teenagers and I can't stand thinking about all of the memories I am loosing every day. Does anyone have a better suggestion for replacing both the Ativan AND Xanax?????"

TK Villa January 22, 2016