User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 590 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Calmed me down enough to talk to the Psychiatrist and Social Worker when I had been detained under section 136 but didn't feel it very much and wore off quite quickly. Not as good as Diazepam"

coxysmelons December 19, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug is highly addictive and due to it being short-acting, it is nearly impossible to wean off of this drug in a conventional manner. It is very effective in relieving anxiety, but should not be taken for any extended period of time or you will be hooked into an agonizing withdrawal. To get off of this short-acting drug without the painful withdrawal, switch to a long acting benzo like diazepam that is available in multiple and larger doses and can be cut into smaller amounts to wean off gradually."

brainiac1900 December 18, 2015

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I use Ativan when I experience a panic attack at the time of going to bed or when I wake up with one. I only use a quarter of a 2.5 mg. and it seems to calm me down enough to sleep. I only use it occasionally namely once in about a two week period when something happens in my life which stresses me out and causes the panic attack. It also calms me down and brings down my BP since I have a over reactive BP spike whenever I have a panic attack. It's a God sent for me :) Because of the small dosage, I never have an unwanted side effect...feel refreshed in the morning."

Adczyk December 17, 2015

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "The strongest (for me) Benzodiazepine I have ever been prescribed."

SamHKz (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "My husband was hospitalized for 10 weeks before passing away. I could not sleep - my thoughts were spiraling and racing. I had an anxiety attack in the intensive care unit and thought I was having a heart attack. I hadn't slept in 5 days. My doctor prescribed 1 mg Ativan taken 30 mins before bedtime. What a godsend. I sleep straight for 6 hours every night. I've tried sleeping without it and I'm awake all night. I worry about tolerance. So I go without it on weekends and lay awake for two nights. I can't wait til Sunday night so I can take the Ativan and get some sleep. I've been on it for 6 months now."

Donnazaa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2015

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Started taking 0.5 mg . My father passed away and I was having a tremendous trouble going about my daily life . Getting up, showering, cooking, cleaning, Constantly crying . This drug has helped me get my life back 100% calmed me down . I now feel relaxed and can go about my daily life ."

Ativan fan December 7, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cervical Dystonia: "I have the late effects of polio (PPS) w/ SEVERE muscle spasms - am NOT anxious about anything (seems lorazepam is used more for anxiety). My spasms draw toes calves thighs hands back muscles into knots & wake me up screaming w/ pain. My dose of 1- 0.5mg tab only gives no side effects, but it just doesn't work long enough, or isn't strong enough or, need to take more than twice/day; perhaps higher dosage, more frequent dose or different drug altogether wld work better or provide better relief"

nancy belton (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Highly addictive medicine. Very angry I was put on this. I have worse anxiety and hand, feet, and head tremors. Docs give out benzos too easily. Then they do not want to help you get off them. It is awful. They treat you like a pill seeker instead of slowly weaning you off. More doctors need to use the Ashton Method of withdrawal. Taking someone off benzos too quickly can induce anger, crying spells, depression, and even seizures. Too many doctors do not want to help patients get off these pills and it is wrong."

Tilcat December 5, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "This drug is great, it saved me from my job and help me become more successful. There was a point It was so bad I could not even be in a work meeting with out having serious anxiety. I also had problems going anywhere. It was really affecting my work and my behavior with my family. Once I started talking it, I felt no stress, and I was able to be normal again and function. Now that I have been on it for 2 years, I only need it 1-2 times a week. When I was having anxiety really bad I had to take it 4-5 times a week. So the longer I have been on it the more I was able to tapper off and feel normal again. I highly recommend it if you have serious anxiety and feel stress all the time."

Stanly from Texas December 1, 2015

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This stuff is amazing and has been a godsend for my anxiety and panic. Don't pass this one and give it try it's great."

SteveD NJ November 30, 2015

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "This medication is amazing if used as designed. For years I have suffered with gripping panic attacks that turned into seizures if they were real bad. I got to the point that I couldn't ride in a car with someone. It was bleak. I'm a young guy and avoided going out with people even girls. Lorazepam paired with (more importantly) CBT. Has turned me about 80% back to "normal" use it as needed. Do not rely on it. Was going though 30 a month, now it's 30 a year. Be responsible and talk to someone. Medication is a way out, not a crutch to use forever. Cognitive behavioral therapy is where you make real strides!! Sorry to get preachy but I dislike drug "abuse""

Puppydad (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2015

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a positive experience , was effective"

Dan cfh 197 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2015

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sedation: "Used for prep sedation..4mg slept for 4hrs.complete amnesia"

Georgiagirl65 November 11, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Highly addictive, caused Severe panic attacks, when tried to go off. Got this reaction after only 2 days, of 1-2, for sleep. Very dangerous drug. Helps you sleep, but nearly impossible to stop! Most need rehab., was one of the meds., Heath Ledger had, in his system. Tammy Faye took up to 25-30 a day! Stay away from this drug!!?"

R. C. November 6, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I took .5mg ativan 2 times a day for 14 days. I noticed I wasn't getting the same anti anxiety effect so I decided to stop taking it. I figured it had only been 2 weeks so stopping should not have been a problem. I then proceeded into 11 days of HELL. The first 2 days were not to bad but every day progressively got worse. The Insomnia was the worst. I got to the point where I would dread the night. And then the night mares started. They were horribly dark. I thought I was going to die. I finally would take .5mg every other or every third night just to get some sleep. It took me months to find a doctor who understood how to get off the Ativan. I'm now on a 2 1/2% taper (40 weeks) I'm on week 9, Not fun. DO NOT TAKE IT"

Hateit (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Ativan has been a life savor to me. I suffer from debilitating anxiety and rumination. I can take .5 to 1 and it takes it away w/in 15 minutes. I've gone to DBT & CBT classes out patient 2x. Therapy.This medicine is what has helped the most. My quality of life is much better w/ it. The negative is that the Dr's don't want you to take it unless you absolutely have to. They say it's addictive. I've not experienced that yet. Oh! I also took Klonopin which didn't touch the anxiety for me ."

Goldie77 November 2, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I am 36 and have suffered from occasional anxiety attacks since my early 20s. I get severe hot/cold sweats, tingling limbs, severe nausea/vomiting, feeling like I might crap myself, heart palpitations. The symptoms come in increasingly bigger waves often for 6-8hrs. Someone finally told me about lorazepam. I was a bit afraid to take a chemical but this time, when I was sure an attack was coming I decided to take it right away. Because of the lorazepam the attack didn't get worse. It slowly faded till I was able to sleep it off. This is a huge difference from the hours of horrible physical symptoms I experienced in the past. I hope that me sharing this helps you."

KrisMartin November 2, 2015

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I am prone to terrible and traumatizing panic attacks. I was afraid one was going to happen on an airplane, so I dreaded an upcoming flight for months. On the day of the flight, I took a 0.5 pill and felt all of my anxiety wash away. Took another pill at the gate before boarding and had the most calm flight of my life with essentially no notable anxiety. This medication has allowed me to no longer be a prisoner of my panic. It's really changed my life."

PanicyFlyer (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I started taking Lorazepam in November of last year when my dad was ill and dying. It took the edge of the stress and allowed me to care for him and remain calm. I was taking 2 a day for about a month. Dad passed away in December. I have had anxiety issues most of my life, so I probably should have started this drug a long time ago. I now take 1 or 2 a week after a stressful day at work."

LuminaCT (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Works great for anxiety. Never had any problems with it %u263A"

jax222 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 14, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I am 25 years old and for the first time in my life I had a severe panic attack so bad that I lost all feelings in my limbs, my breathing was so fast that my lips curled over my teeth and my hands were temporarily and uncontrollably clenched. My husband rushed me to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack and there my pulse was 180 and my BP 170/100. I have never experienced anything so fearful and horrific physically. There they gave me ativan which completely calmed me down. Ever since I am prescribed Lorazepam .5 mg as a PRN and when I feel anxious or agitated and it really amping up I will not even hesitate to take one. I truly believe this drug has helped me get through my days and has 100% worked as a preventative for attacks."

claire7172 October 12, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I love them. .5 mg when I'm shaking (getting over a fear of heights) that I got due to a sickness. Tried all others none worked & they had bad side affects. Take it at work and drive fine, work fine. Makes me not care about heights, bills, stresses in life, just a very good pill. Just watch out have been caught twice looking at a wall for hours smiling not knowing it was that long just content and happy..."

Johnboy2014 October 9, 2015

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Had anxiety and insomnia that I could not control due to ptsd and chronic pain lorazipam controls my symptoms unlike the other 6 meds they tried before lorazipam"

Undergroundchem (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2015

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Recently I started experiencing panic attacks for no apparent reason. I stopped taking caffeine, still had the panic attacks. I don't drink alcohol so no need to stop that. Stopped smoking, still panic attacks. Stopped pretty much everything I could think of that triggered these attacks. Still had that horrible death feeling that all of us who suffer with Panic Disorder experience. Even hearing the words Panic Disorder from my doc... it was a sobering experience. My GP prescribed me .5mg Ativan taken as needed and they are life savers. Within 10-15 minutes I begin feeling normal. I can function again. I can WORK again. I don't know how I'd survive without these little helpers"

Panic is Hell October 6, 2015

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Well, I've also been on zanies, clanazepapam. I found that lorazepam is for longer term maintenance of anxiety - Not panic attacks. I just got off of 2mg. 3x a day. Just cause it wasn't helpful. But it does work."

BigDDDP September 26, 2015