User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Not Listed / Other

8 reviews
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.2 672 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Insomnia: "Ativan/Lorazipam provides a very sound, sustained sleep with few if any dreams. I have never had problems getting to sleep, but staying asleep was a real issue. Waking up at 4AM with an active mind and watching the sun rise knowing that I would crash at midday was a pain. Ativan (.5 mg or 1 mg splurge) helps me sleep until the alarm and I never feel weird or dopey in the AM. HOWEVER, be aware that your body and mind get conditioned, so don't take it nightly (or sleep won't come without it). The pros are the effectiveness and the lack of side affects. The cons are dependency/poor sleep without it. I use it maybe three times per week and it's fine, alternating a night or two. Never taken it in the day, likely never will."

therealmccloud July 1, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have severe flight anxiety and was prescribed Ativan 5-10 years ago to take before flights. It works really well, and gives me this deep feeling of calm that helps me not panic on planes. I used to shake for an entire eight hour flight, and while my anxiety doesn't entirely disappear with a 2mg dose, it's vastly more manageable. I haven't really noticed any side effects aside from feeling sleepy and having my mind wander a bit."

Boopsoo June 29, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Taken it a few times/packets.. Found it did not much but was on other meds like concerta and suboxone... Taken now, at 2.5mg four times a day it's not xananx but it does the job if you are agitated or panicked"

God backwards June 29, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE TAKING! Consult with your doctor but also be aware of the side effects involved. Symptoms include dizziness, fatigue, muscle weakness, slowed speech, muscle spasms, twitching / fidgeting, nightmares. Not for everyone."

TH1RT33N June 26, 2016

For Light Anesthesia: "I have extreme dental anxiety. The dentist prescribed 3 mg an hour prior to dental work along with a valium the evening before and the procedure went wonderful. I did not feel any pain although I was a bit loopy the rest of the day :) I went home after the procedure and went to bed. No lingering effects. I had 2 teeth pulled, deep cleaning, prep work for a bridge and a temporary bridge installed."

Auzzie2016 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have very loud tinnitus (hissing-ringing in ears) from exposure to noise in submarine engine rooms for several years. I take 1/2 mg lorazepam at bedtime to let "sleep find me". I have been taking this for 4 years and have NO after effects. I wake up feeling awake and good. Some sleep meds leave me feeling "drugged" in the morning. No so for Ativan. It works well for me and I can stop (have done so at times) with no withdrawal symptoms other than not sleeping well. Good stuff for me. I am not an addictive type and went thru high school, Navy, college and 40 years of work and have NEVER used or tried recreational drugs. Thanks."

TomVIZ (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Works great! Been suffering with anxiety for a while now was very hesitant on taking any kind of medication was given this medication in the hospital and within 20 minutes I felt relaxed and calm wish I wasn't so hesitant and took it sooner. Great for when anxiety attack comes on"

Vickyyyyyy A June 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "Helps take the edge off, but also works fairly quickly. I like it better than Xanax because it seems to last longer."

Bengals June 2, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Excellent for dealing with anxiety induced panic attacks, helped regulate mood swings, and really helped with sleep. However, tolerance builds up quickly and addiction is a serious concern. As such, it helped only as a short term solution to bridge the gap into a more stable regiment of medication."

Aaronson (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take it as needed, I have depression and it gets out of control at time, I take 1 mg. and in 10 - 15 minutes I am ok."

Life long battle (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have taken .05 mg 1/2 pill 2x a day as needed, usually just 1/2 pill before bed to ease anxiety to sleep, there have been times when I was having severe panic attacks & have used up to 2 pill a day. I have GAD & this pill have same me many times from running to the ER. Mental health is no joke. Being very sensitive to meds a small dose helps me, you will need to find what works best for you. Too high dose can cause drowsiness or put you to sleep. I also take Zoloft for anxiety & deoression. Been on these meds for 5 years now, it works for me! Talk to your doctor always, best to be prescribed by psychiatrist since they specialize in these matters. Good luck in your journey! Your never alone there's always help available if you seek it!! "

Lisapet May 13, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Have Gastroparesis. Gag reflex problem. Helps smooth the large muscles. Cannot tolerate side effects of Reglan. Use with Zofran at times."

7527 (taken for 10 years or more) May 13, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I had 2 panic attacks in a week, took this med at er. I though I was dying. My whole body got warm all the classic symptoms. I'm afraid of becoming addicted since the mental health nurse said benzos are becoming a thing of the past due to high addiction rates."

cookie 45 May 10, 2016

For Anxiety: "This drug nearly ruined my life. But, you don't have to believe me. Just go google "lorazepam withdrawal" or "ativan withdrawal" and you can see it for yourself. I was never told how horrific the withdrawal would be from this medicine. I have spent nearly 5 months in extreme anxiety that is nearly 50 times the intensity of the anxiety I had when starting this med. The doctors are not educated on the w/d of this med because the pharm companies do not release these studies because then they wouldn't prescribe it! I became agitated, suicidal, depressed and PTSD-like symptoms from this drug. Not one person warned me and I just took it everyday like the bottle said, many times LESS than prescribed. PLEASE do your research!"

cleangrrl777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2016

For Anxiety: "BEWARE!! Some people have no problem with this benzodiazepine yet there are many who do such as myself. I took it for hyper thyroid. It has ruined the last 14 months of my life!!! Words cannot express the mental and physical torture I experience daily. PLEASE Google Professor Ashton to read the side effects. Visit Benzo Buddies. You will learn about the horrors these meds cause as well as success stories of those who survived this! There has been a bill introduced in Massachusetts to get doctors to warn their patients!! Warn everyone you know! Don't be fooled! My world has been turned upside down and I don't want it to happen to you!!"

mcnj May 2, 2016

For Insomnia: "Works like magic when you need sleep or have anxiety 0.5 is all I need I get the best sleep with it. Seems like I can never fall asleep at night I go back and forth in my mind about taking it because I don't wanna get addicted . But I need sleep so I take it"

Corvette guy April 24, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I'm 19 years old, and I had my first panic attack when I was four. Scariest thing I've ever experienced. I started taking lorazepam about two years ago when I became severely agoraphobic and had what I like to call 'rolling panic attacks' all day long. I started off with .5mg tablets, 1-3 per attack, and now I have 1-2mg script two years later. Not a huge difference at all. It was EXTREMELY difficult for me to get the medication, but as I have a long history of panic disorder, had severe reactions to SSRIs, had done CBT and had debilitatingly long panic attacks of an hour shaking on the floor at a time, it was tried. And I am SO thankful. Unfortunately, every new doctor I see (I moved from Canada to the UK) has a different opionion."

WinterDances (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "This stuff is good. I use 0.5mg and i feel relaxed or 1mg if i have a panic attack. It helps alot and can help with sleep problems. I use it whenever i have anexity not everyday. Havent needed the stuff for 3 weeks so its not addicting for me at all."

TheReviewDude (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Anxiety: "Unfortunately, this did nothing for me. It didn't matter how many I took, it didn't do anything for my panic attacks. It just made me a little sleepy."

ihavemigraines (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

For Anxiety: "Helps with my high anxiety. I take 1mg twice a day and it controls my anxiety pretty well without impairing my motor skills too much."

Lithh (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Lorazepam has always been a miracle drug for me. I have chronic morning motion sickness, I get severe nausea and start to vomit. It gets SO BAD and PAINFUL some times, I end up in the ER. The last 3 times I've been there, they gave me an injection of 4mg Lorazepam, and it worked GREAT! Now I have a Rx for Lorazepam 2mg 3x daily and Promethazine 25mg 3x daily. My motion sickness disappeares when I use Lorazepam. Best medication I've ever taken. 10/10!"

Watson242_2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016

For Anxiety: "Took my first Ativan today and OMG I feel great this works amazing for shortness of breath difficulty breathing knots in the stomach, fear shakes sweats .... It's truly amazing I only took 0.5 and I'm happy I did I was afraid to take it but I'm not anymore it's a great miracle pill"

Syllorenz April 14, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I would like to share my experience with LORazepam - I have Breast Cancer which entailed a right side mastectomy and axillary node dissection (painful) where I am on Hyrdocod 10/300's for pain. I am on my 4th extensive Chemo where the first 5 days after Chemo every food smell causes severe nausea where I cannot eat - I just want to cover my nose. They had me on Compazine (really needs to be off the market at it is a useless drug - did not work during my pregnancies either that and phenergan) - they put me on Zofran - all this did was want to make me sleep with no relief relative to nausea. After consulting with my Oncologist he placed me Lorazepan and would you not know as soon as I took - within 15 minutes the nausea feeling gone!"

KassM (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan has been SO SO helpful for anxiety and panic attacks. It can be addicting so I try and only take it when I really need to; not more than a couple times a week. But it definitely has helped me and I would recommend it to those with bad anxiety."

Kelly Bird (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "3 years ago we discovered a clot inside my heart. I went in for exploring surgery & awoke from a coma 33 days later, it had broke while being looked at & I had a mild heart attack on the table, had to be put into the coma to survive. To make things worse, I was also paralyzed from the waist down. It was too much & I had my 1st anxiety attack. Speed up to now: I've regained part of my ability to walk, it's painful & I can only walk so much. The clot is gone but I still take maintenance meds for it. Sadly I still suffer from regular panic but this drug works great. When I feel myself slipping I take an Ativan & feel better, breath easier, in less then an hour!"

Mickie's Wolfie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2016