User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 5 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 619 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was just diagnosed in my 40's with generalized anxiety disorder not surprised. I was always having anxiety/panic attacks and unable to function some times. I now take Celexa daily and while it takes about 2 months to really kick in my anxiety is gone and I feel FAR beyond how I have felt in forever. Zoloft nor prozac worked. I don't know they are truly geared towards anxiety. High;y recommend it at 10mg if not feeling better."

Trishapis February 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This drug saved my life. I had General Anxiety Disorder(GAD) and i get a few panic attacks, and this has been the most helpful thing for it."

Abdane February 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have had to take this medication (when I try my hardest to stay away from meds) on a few occasions everytime its only taken .2 or .5mg to relieve my panic attack! I love it except my Dr won't prescribe me anymore for those just in case times and I don't want to go on an antidepressant. I don't know if its just my depression but I feel lack of motivation and very tired but that could have to do with it being a sedative too. Would suggest to anyone that just can't control the anxiety and panic."

mrsnew February 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I recently started getting anxiety. It started very slow and began to get worse. I went to hospital very anxious one day. They did all test and as I already knew found nothing. I asked for something to calm me down. They gave me 1.0mg Ativan IV. The minute the nurse pulled the needle out I was ready to go home as if nothing happen. Slept like a baby that night .I was good for like 4 days until I started to feel anxious again. I just started Zoloft today which takes some 1 or 2 weeks to work and Ativan for in case I get another attack before Zoloft kicks in. For me Ativan has been great."

JR1224 February 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Saved my life and made my life managable. So far superior to numerous SSRI's, SSNI's, off label gabapentim. serax, than any of the 10 other anti depressants I tried. Wasted 3 years of my life. May be addictive for addicts & alcohol abusers but if taken as prescribed I've had minimal side effects. I'm not dizzy, falling, etc."

Johnny Jo February 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I took the first 0.5 mm lorazepam and it got me super sleepy in the evening while watching TV. Lucky it was night because I was zonked. The next day I right away experienced withdrawal, yuck. I hate that feeling. I would have had to take another one just to get rid of the withdrawal from the first one. And maybe after a few days the withdrawal symptoms would settle down but I didn't think I should be getting withdrawal immediately like that. And I certainly didn't want to think about going through it in the future even stronger symptoms. So the first one was all I took. I wised up quickly and didn't continue taking them. I felt dizzy and crappy for two or three days just from that one pill. Unreal."

Anonymous February 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This is a fantastic medication. It is far less sedating than Clonazepam, and it also doesn't cause the "loopiness" that Clonazepam does."

branman (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia along with all the other issues that come with it. Anxiety & stress easily are two of the things. Ativan over Xanax for me big time for some reason Xanax would make my ankles swell? Then I tried Ativan and it worked great I put under my tongue and it melts under there and helps me within 15 minutes. I can go some weeks/months without ever taking it and then If I have a bad issue with the family or a panic attack from a flare it works fabulous. The most I've had to take it was 10 days in a row. I've had a prescription since 2004 and it's 2016 I get 30 1.mg a month. I don't use them all but I do get a refill every couple months just to have some on hand."

Winding down February 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "To any one who reads this.I was driving my car and all of a sudden..BAM!!! Out of no where my heart was beating very rapidly and hard, I could feel my body shaking with the heart beats, then an extreme pressure on my chest, then my throat got a weird feeling..like a burning pressure and then MY TEETH HURT!! I was flipping out!! Then I got light headed and thought I was having a heart attack. It was 19 degrees out but I put the window down to get air which didn't help. It wouldn't stop. Then the light head feeling made me think OMG IM GONNA PASS OUT AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE A ACCIDENT AND KILL SOMEONE!! I was on the Pennsylvania Turpike so I pulled over and put my 4 ways on. A cop came and he red lighted it 120mph.to hospital...ATIVAN SAVED ME!"

Becki1959 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I started taking this medication at 0.5 mg. and thought I was okay, had to get dose upped to 1.0 mg. to sleep, but what has been happening, I cry all the time, am angry and sad. I cry most of the day, everyday! I am having what a doctor called PTSD from seeing my mom pass 2 years ago and am dealing with anger issues there still, but now all I do is cry!!!!!!! Does anyone else feel this? I feel so alone!!!! Rose"

Rose1964 January 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with a Panic Disorder. I literally cannot leave the house without this medication because certain things can set me off. I take a rather high dose and have tried to wean down and I got down to 3- 2mg tabs daily from 4 but can't go out at night without a PRN dose in my purse. It literally is a life saver if you have debilitating anxiety or PTSD. I am calm and in control on it and no outbursts. It also helps with my lung cancer when I get shortness of breath. I can start to panic which makes it worse. I know this is a very easy drug to abuse but I take it only as prescribed because it is so important to my functioning and having a good quality of life."

Larrk (taken for 10 years or more) January 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This medication helped me so much no side effects. But if your struggling with anxiety like I was please check to see if you have food allergies struggled with anxiety for more then 5 years switch doctors found out I've had a gluten allergy that cause's anxiety and other systems. Please check it out I wish I knew sooner! Best of luck!"

Heretohelp2324 January 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "It was interesting reading through the other opinions. My experience with Ativan has not been great, I have severe headaches every time I have tried taking it. In addition to having cancer I also have PTSD and chronic pain syndrome, so I have to take Cymbalta, hydrocodone and hydromorphone for breakthrough pain. I recently added Xanax and it helps with anxiety, BUT I loose giant periods of memory. I am a wife and mom of two teenagers and I can't stand thinking about all of the memories I am loosing every day. Does anyone have a better suggestion for replacing both the Ativan AND Xanax?????"

TK Villa January 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have PTSD with panic attacks. When these come on it's terrifying to say the least! I take half a tablet and about 30 mins later I am calm. It has truly been a life saver for me. Like a lot of people here I went to the ER 3 times thinking I was dying all tests revealed nothing wrong with me."

Markscura (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been on this as needed for the last 4 years. I started at 0.5mg and am currently at 1mg. I only take when needed and have not had any negative side affects. I only wish it actually lasted longer. Roughly last for 30 to 40 min. I have taken to help sleep, I am a war vet and it helps to calm down the hyper vigilance. I have seen people struggle coming off of this, but they "usually" are the ones abusing it. It is not an everyday med."

Taango January 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Ambien was making me do weird things, and it was anxiety that was keeping me up. 1mg of Ativan before sleep, and I sleep extremely restfully, with zero after-affects. Great stuff."

Raffaelo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a stroke and so I had to have an MRI. This is something I had feared my whole adult life (because of claustrophobia) and wondered if I would even consent to it. They gave me an ativan and the whole experience was easy and uneventful. It was not prescribed long term, just for that single event. Under those circumstances I would rate it a 10."

Wendy murf January 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Was out on this drug in '93. Although it helps I know I shouldn't have been given this for so long. What can I do to wean off. I never took it as prescribed I was told to take 3 only take 2."

Pureanxiety (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "In a hour I felt speedy. I was up all night. Like I had a late cup of coffee. Three weeks later I tried it again. Speedy jittery all night no sleep."

Jeanred (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Was given ativan at first of several ER visits for panic attacks and later on shooting pains in my legs. I had recent surgery, felt something wasn't right. Told my doctors, tests showed nothing so ignored like most women and put on antidepressants. Soon after, panic attacks started. Ativan helped but did not address the cause. 2 months later finally diagnosed with B12 deficiency caused by pernicious anemia. By then had severe nerve damage. To this day I cannot walk and am extremely intolerant to heat and cold. At times my nerves act up and I take 0.5 mg ativan or less to get me through it or help me sleep. Doctor won't prescribe much so judicious when I take it. Gabapentin eases pain but Ativan is ONLY med that calms my nerves."

B12def_anxiety_lady January 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Was prescribed lorazapam for anxiety, terrible head pressure, jaw pressure, throat pressure. Nothing had worked previously I had tried everything magnesium, warm compress on area, breathing exercises, Advil, ibuprofen. The lorazepam was the best"

GrammieWy January 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Ok, I have chronic Nausea. I have tried Zofran, Promethazine, and Hydroxyzine. They did help my nausea, but not enough. So my psychiatrist Rx'd me Lorazepam 1mg 3x daily, along with Hydroxyzine 25mg 4x daily, and my Nausea is completely gone! Promethazine worked better than Hydroxyzine for me, but my psychiatrist stated Hydroxyzine works better with Benzodiazepines. While Promethazine works better with Opiates. So I took her word for it. Now I feel AMAZING. Lorazepam is an excellent medication."

Ativanage2mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been taking low dose Ativan for years. It worked well for my anxiety. Although it seems to wear off extremely fast. I actually split the pill in two, take a half before bed, and take the other half when I wake up at night. The only problem is after my old doctor retired, I found nobody would prescribe it. All the newer doctors would rather give out anti-depressant. I had to quit taking it cold turkey last month. Now I'm on an anti-depressant and some strong sleeping pills in order to get enough sleep. The results are inconsistent. Some nights I get only 3 or 4 hours, some nights I sleep 10 hours and still feel tired. I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble. Ativan was so cheap that it didn't matter I don't have insurance."

y-thingy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed Ativan .5 mg and ended up having a horrible adverse reaction that landed me in the ER. I experienced 20 side effects from this medication."

No bueno (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "WITHDRAWAL HELL! I was prescribed this medication after extreme anxiety that was not getting better with citalopram. I was only given 2 by GP (I AM IN THE UK) and then it worked so well on my anxiety I went back for more. They shouldn't have prescribed me 2 months worth because when I was told I wasn't allowed anymore my body went into meltdown. Over three weeks later I'm still suffering from the withdrawal symptoms. Severe anxiety, Insomnia, spaced out feeling, double vision, tremors, sweating, Auditory Hallucinations! Awful awful awful. It may seem great when it's helping you but when you stop be prepared to give up your life... This has been the worst time of my life hands down and I'm three weeks on and only marginally better."

foxfred (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016