User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 581 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This stuff is amazing and has been a godsend for my anxiety and panic. Don't pass this one and give it try it's great."

SteveD NJ November 30, 2015

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "This medication is amazing if used as designed. For years I have suffered with gripping panic attacks that turned into seizures if they were real bad. I got to the point that I couldn't ride in a car with someone. It was bleak. I'm a young guy and avoided going out with people even girls. Lorazepam paired with (more importantly) CBT. Has turned me about 80% back to "normal" use it as needed. Do not rely on it. Was going though 30 a month, now it's 30 a year. Be responsible and talk to someone. Medication is a way out, not a crutch to use forever. Cognitive behavioral therapy is where you make real strides!! Sorry to get preachy but I dislike drug "abuse""

Puppydad (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2015

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a positive experience , was effective"

Dan cfh 197 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2015

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sedation: "Used for prep sedation..4mg slept for 4hrs.complete amnesia"

Georgiagirl65 November 11, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Highly addictive, caused Severe panic attacks, when tried to go off. Got this reaction after only 2 days, of 1-2, for sleep. Very dangerous drug. Helps you sleep, but nearly impossible to stop! Most need rehab., was one of the meds., Heath Ledger had, in his system. Tammy Faye took up to 25-30 a day! Stay away from this drug!!?"

R. C. November 6, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I took .5mg ativan 2 times a day for 14 days. I noticed I wasn't getting the same anti anxiety effect so I decided to stop taking it. I figured it had only been 2 weeks so stopping should not have been a problem. I then proceeded into 11 days of HELL. The first 2 days were not to bad but every day progressively got worse. The Insomnia was the worst. I got to the point where I would dread the night. And then the night mares started. They were horribly dark. I thought I was going to die. I finally would take .5mg every other or every third night just to get some sleep. It took me months to find a doctor who understood how to get off the Ativan. I'm now on a 2 1/2% taper (40 weeks) I'm on week 9, Not fun. DO NOT TAKE IT"

Hateit (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Ativan has been a life savor to me. I suffer from debilitating anxiety and rumination. I can take .5 to 1 and it takes it away w/in 15 minutes. I've gone to DBT & CBT classes out patient 2x. Therapy.This medicine is what has helped the most. My quality of life is much better w/ it. The negative is that the Dr's don't want you to take it unless you absolutely have to. They say it's addictive. I've not experienced that yet. Oh! I also took Klonopin which didn't touch the anxiety for me ."

Goldie77 November 2, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I am 36 and have suffered from occasional anxiety attacks since my early 20s. I get severe hot/cold sweats, tingling limbs, severe nausea/vomiting, feeling like I might crap myself, heart palpitations. The symptoms come in increasingly bigger waves often for 6-8hrs. Someone finally told me about lorazepam. I was a bit afraid to take a chemical but this time, when I was sure an attack was coming I decided to take it right away. Because of the lorazepam the attack didn't get worse. It slowly faded till I was able to sleep it off. This is a huge difference from the hours of horrible physical symptoms I experienced in the past. I hope that me sharing this helps you."

KrisMartin November 2, 2015

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I am prone to terrible and traumatizing panic attacks. I was afraid one was going to happen on an airplane, so I dreaded an upcoming flight for months. On the day of the flight, I took a 0.5 pill and felt all of my anxiety wash away. Took another pill at the gate before boarding and had the most calm flight of my life with essentially no notable anxiety. This medication has allowed me to no longer be a prisoner of my panic. It's really changed my life."

PanicyFlyer (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I started taking Lorazepam in November of last year when my dad was ill and dying. It took the edge of the stress and allowed me to care for him and remain calm. I was taking 2 a day for about a month. Dad passed away in December. I have had anxiety issues most of my life, so I probably should have started this drug a long time ago. I now take 1 or 2 a week after a stressful day at work."

LuminaCT (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Works great for anxiety. Never had any problems with it %u263A"

jax222 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 14, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I am 25 years old and for the first time in my life I had a severe panic attack so bad that I lost all feelings in my limbs, my breathing was so fast that my lips curled over my teeth and my hands were temporarily and uncontrollably clenched. My husband rushed me to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack and there my pulse was 180 and my BP 170/100. I have never experienced anything so fearful and horrific physically. There they gave me ativan which completely calmed me down. Ever since I am prescribed Lorazepam .5 mg as a PRN and when I feel anxious or agitated and it really amping up I will not even hesitate to take one. I truly believe this drug has helped me get through my days and has 100% worked as a preventative for attacks."

claire7172 October 12, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I love them. .5 mg when I'm shaking (getting over a fear of heights) that I got due to a sickness. Tried all others none worked & they had bad side affects. Take it at work and drive fine, work fine. Makes me not care about heights, bills, stresses in life, just a very good pill. Just watch out have been caught twice looking at a wall for hours smiling not knowing it was that long just content and happy..."

Johnboy2014 October 9, 2015

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Had anxiety and insomnia that I could not control due to ptsd and chronic pain lorazipam controls my symptoms unlike the other 6 meds they tried before lorazipam"

Undergroundchem (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2015

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Recently I started experiencing panic attacks for no apparent reason. I stopped taking caffeine, still had the panic attacks. I don't drink alcohol so no need to stop that. Stopped smoking, still panic attacks. Stopped pretty much everything I could think of that triggered these attacks. Still had that horrible death feeling that all of us who suffer with Panic Disorder experience. Even hearing the words Panic Disorder from my doc... it was a sobering experience. My GP prescribed me .5mg Ativan taken as needed and they are life savers. Within 10-15 minutes I begin feeling normal. I can function again. I can WORK again. I don't know how I'd survive without these little helpers"

Panic is Hell October 6, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Well, I've also been on zanies, clanazepapam. I found that lorazepam is for longer term maintenance of anxiety - Not panic attacks. I just got off of 2mg. 3x a day. Just cause it wasn't helpful. But it does work."

BigDDDP September 26, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a scary adverse reaction with Ativan. I was given 1 mg in the hospital orally for the very bad anxiety I was having. About an hour and a half later I began getting the most strangest, scariest hallucinations. Both visual and sensory. I don't know if this was an allergic reaction but I never had this problem with any other benzodiazepine. Please be cautious with Ativan in particular, because it altered the functioning of my brain (it wore off the next day)."

Jonathan1109 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Took this with zoloft to get me out of a black hole of anxiety and insomnia after a terrible few weeks trying remeron. Withdrawals from remeron were terrible and I didn't sleep for about 6 days (I'm not exagerating). Was about to give up but my dad convinced me to try another med since I had an obvious chemical imbalance that wasn't correcting itself. Despite not wanting to rely on a benzo for sleep I really didn't have any alternatives and I needed help fast. Zoloft combined with this for a few months got me out of the hole I was in. Tolerance did set in eventually (about a year) but I'm working on finding something safer but this med essentially saved my life."

Brett84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2015

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "had severe anxiety attack, was given by the ER. one 1mg did the trick. my pshyciatrist gave me 10 more to use in emergency."

callesto September 18, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Panic/anxiety attacks since 1985, it blocks 99 percent of panic attacks does slow you down a little"

rockyddogg (taken for 10 years or more) September 18, 2015

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Ativan for 20 years. It was prescribed for me when my husband was in hospice care and I was struggling to care for him and our young daughters. I have GAD and it is the only thing that calms my mind and makes me feel normal if I am in high anxiety mode. I have reduced my amount needed to one half of the .5 pill to help sleep and the other half if I wake up too early and cannot get back to sleep. I also use it to fly. I have no hangovers and never feel fuzzy. It is a miracle drug for me."

Want to be calm September 16, 2015

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "The drug works amazingly except one HUGE problem. You will get addicted. I am not a druggie and took all my medications as precribed. I went off my medications 19 months ago and still feel like living hell. Panic atracks are hell but at least they end. Imagine living that way none stop for 19 months with no end in sight. The only thing that has helped me is drug free treatments which are becoming more and more mainstream. Please please please do not take any form of benzos. I think they are bad and will destroy your life taking away your health, your sanity and your close relationships."

Bryantd September 12, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This medicine has saved my life on several occasions. I developed physical anxiety issues (severe tingling, losing balance, trouble driving, insomnia, etc) a year after my 3rd child was born. My physician tried several SSRI and tricyclic antidepressants. They all made my symptoms worse. Ativan/Lorazepam helped immediately for all symptoms. In my opinion it is a miracle and I hate how it is demonized in the media and medical community. When you suffer a month without sleeping hardly at all and can barely function in a normal setting due to crippling physical anxiety symptoms, and something provides relief, you take it. Yes, when you are ready to stop the medicine you have to reduce very slowly over a long period of time. Godsend!"

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Is very effective in the beginning, but creates tolerance. Stopped working after 4 months. If you are a long-term user, try to take it every other night."

Room_101 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2015

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This helped me so much. I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest!!!!!!!! I went to hospital they gave it to me and it went away. OMG thank you ativan!"

smussaw September 7, 2015