User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 606 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have PTSD with panic attacks. When these come on it's terrifying to say the least! I take half a tablet and about 30 mins later I am calm. It has truly been a life saver for me. Like a lot of people here I went to the ER 3 times thinking I was dying all tests revealed nothing wrong with me."

Markscura (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been on this as needed for the last 4 years. I started at 0.5mg and am currently at 1mg. I only take when needed and have not had any negative side affects. I only wish it actually lasted longer. Roughly last for 30 to 40 min. I have taken to help sleep, I am a war vet and it helps to calm down the hyper vigilance. I have seen people struggle coming off of this, but they "usually" are the ones abusing it. It is not an everyday med."

Taango January 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Ambien was making me do weird things, and it was anxiety that was keeping me up. 1mg of Ativan before sleep, and I sleep extremely restfully, with zero after-affects. Great stuff."

Raffaelo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a stroke and so I had to have an MRI. This is something I had feared my whole adult life (because of claustrophobia) and wondered if I would even consent to it. They gave me an ativan and the whole experience was easy and uneventful. It was not prescribed long term, just for that single event. Under those circumstances I would rate it a 10."

Wendy murf January 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Was out on this drug in '93. Although it helps I know I shouldn't have been given this for so long. What can I do to wean off. I never took it as prescribed I was told to take 3 only take 2."

Pureanxiety (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "In a hour I felt speedy. I was up all night. Like I had a late cup of coffee. Three weeks later I tried it again. Speedy jittery all night no sleep."

Jeanred (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Was given ativan at first of several ER visits for panic attacks and later on shooting pains in my legs. I had recent surgery, felt something wasn't right. Told my doctors, tests showed nothing so ignored like most women and put on antidepressants. Soon after, panic attacks started. Ativan helped but did not address the cause. 2 months later finally diagnosed with B12 deficiency caused by pernicious anemia. By then had severe nerve damage. To this day I cannot walk and am extremely intolerant to heat and cold. At times my nerves act up and I take 0.5 mg ativan or less to get me through it or help me sleep. Doctor won't prescribe much so judicious when I take it. Gabapentin eases pain but Ativan is ONLY med that calms my nerves."

B12def_anxiety_lady January 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Was prescribed lorazapam for anxiety, terrible head pressure, jaw pressure, throat pressure. Nothing had worked previously I had tried everything magnesium, warm compress on area, breathing exercises, Advil, ibuprofen. The lorazepam was the best"

GrammieWy January 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Ok, I have chronic Nausea. I have tried Zofran, Promethazine, and Hydroxyzine. They did help my nausea, but not enough. So my psychiatrist Rx'd me Lorazepam 1mg 3x daily, along with Hydroxyzine 25mg 4x daily, and my Nausea is completely gone! Promethazine worked better than Hydroxyzine for me, but my psychiatrist stated Hydroxyzine works better with Benzodiazepines. While Promethazine works better with Opiates. So I took her word for it. Now I feel AMAZING. Lorazepam is an excellent medication."

Ativanage2mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been taking low dose Ativan for years. It worked well for my anxiety. Although it seems to wear off extremely fast. I actually split the pill in two, take a half before bed, and take the other half when I wake up at night. The only problem is after my old doctor retired, I found nobody would prescribe it. All the newer doctors would rather give out anti-depressant. I had to quit taking it cold turkey last month. Now I'm on an anti-depressant and some strong sleeping pills in order to get enough sleep. The results are inconsistent. Some nights I get only 3 or 4 hours, some nights I sleep 10 hours and still feel tired. I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble. Ativan was so cheap that it didn't matter I don't have insurance."

y-thingy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed Ativan .5 mg and ended up having a horrible adverse reaction that landed me in the ER. I experienced 20 side effects from this medication."

No bueno (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "WITHDRAWAL HELL! I was prescribed this medication after extreme anxiety that was not getting better with citalopram. I was only given 2 by GP (I AM IN THE UK) and then it worked so well on my anxiety I went back for more. They shouldn't have prescribed me 2 months worth because when I was told I wasn't allowed anymore my body went into meltdown. Over three weeks later I'm still suffering from the withdrawal symptoms. Severe anxiety, Insomnia, spaced out feeling, double vision, tremors, sweating, Auditory Hallucinations! Awful awful awful. It may seem great when it's helping you but when you stop be prepared to give up your life... This has been the worst time of my life hands down and I'm three weeks on and only marginally better."

foxfred (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Hi, I have been experiencing Anxiety, and some depression for 11 months now. My sister passed away last February, and I have not been 100% since. I was actually a lot worse but I am now able to control it, somewhat..... But, the Over thinking, and the fear of Loosing it (going crazy is horrible!) My Dr. Prescribed Ataivan, about 6 months ago. I never took any. I'm terrified! I wanted to ask. Will it freak me out? Zone me out? I want all the details. .. I made a promise to myself that this year would be a New Year, A better one! That I would definitely try my meds, even if it's only once..... Any info is appreciated. Thanx!:)"

Yvette33 January 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I took lorazepam for 19 days at .5mg 1 as need I was taking them in the afternoon around 4:30. The doctor only gave me 20 pills for anxiety and sent me home. While taking them I was feeling even worse I couldn't sleep, I would wake up shaking and scared couldn't eat until I took the pill. I decided to stop taking them because I was getting more anxiety and wired thoughts, and was shaking all day. So I quit cold turkey - I didn't know I was to taper off . On the second day of not taking it and I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat walking around feeling like I m going crazy a lot of anxiety attack and panic attacks. I don't feel joy or happiness. The only thing I could think of is I'm having withdrawals. I stop taking it on December 9, 2015 it is now December 29, 2015"

Molly76 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been on ativan for 15 years%u2026 started at 1mg and was gradually increased to 4mg. The medication only numbs things the anxiety never went away, and after I started taking I started getting other symptoms like OCD, social anxiety, depression and others I should never have trusted the Dr and should have researched the drug before taking. I will never again just take anything without researching it. I am slowly tapering it off, the withdrawals are a nightmare but staying on this medication which should be banned is not an option. This medication was never intended to be prescribed longer then a few weeks. Drs and drugstores are completely to blame right beside the drug companies. They all know it%u2019s poison."

Janehello December 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Not really any thing happening just Giving me a headache"

ahhh yeah December 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Calmed me down enough to talk to the Psychiatrist and Social Worker when I had been detained under section 136 but didn't feel it very much and wore off quite quickly. Not as good as Diazepam"

coxysmelons December 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug is highly addictive and due to it being short-acting, it is nearly impossible to wean off of this drug in a conventional manner. It is very effective in relieving anxiety, but should not be taken for any extended period of time or you will be hooked into an agonizing withdrawal. To get off of this short-acting drug without the painful withdrawal, switch to a long acting benzo like diazepam that is available in multiple and larger doses and can be cut into smaller amounts to wean off gradually."

brainiac1900 December 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I use Ativan when I experience a panic attack at the time of going to bed or when I wake up with one. I only use a quarter of a 2.5 mg. and it seems to calm me down enough to sleep. I only use it occasionally namely once in about a two week period when something happens in my life which stresses me out and causes the panic attack. It also calms me down and brings down my BP since I have a over reactive BP spike whenever I have a panic attack. It's a God sent for me :) Because of the small dosage, I never have an unwanted side effect...feel refreshed in the morning."

Adczyk December 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "The strongest (for me) Benzodiazepine I have ever been prescribed."

SamHKz (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "My husband was hospitalized for 10 weeks before passing away. I could not sleep - my thoughts were spiraling and racing. I had an anxiety attack in the intensive care unit and thought I was having a heart attack. I hadn't slept in 5 days. My doctor prescribed 1 mg Ativan taken 30 mins before bedtime. What a godsend. I sleep straight for 6 hours every night. I've tried sleeping without it and I'm awake all night. I worry about tolerance. So I go without it on weekends and lay awake for two nights. I can't wait til Sunday night so I can take the Ativan and get some sleep. I've been on it for 6 months now."

Donnazaa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Started taking 0.5 mg . My father passed away and I was having a tremendous trouble going about my daily life . Getting up, showering, cooking, cleaning, Constantly crying . This drug has helped me get my life back 100% calmed me down . I now feel relaxed and can go about my daily life ."

Ativan fan December 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cervical Dystonia: "I have the late effects of polio (PPS) w/ SEVERE muscle spasms - am NOT anxious about anything (seems lorazepam is used more for anxiety). My spasms draw toes calves thighs hands back muscles into knots & wake me up screaming w/ pain. My dose of 1- 0.5mg tab only gives no side effects, but it just doesn't work long enough, or isn't strong enough or, need to take more than twice/day; perhaps higher dosage, more frequent dose or different drug altogether wld work better or provide better relief"

nancy belton (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Highly addictive medicine. Very angry I was put on this. I have worse anxiety and hand, feet, and head tremors. Docs give out benzos too easily. Then they do not want to help you get off them. It is awful. They treat you like a pill seeker instead of slowly weaning you off. More doctors need to use the Ashton Method of withdrawal. Taking someone off benzos too quickly can induce anger, crying spells, depression, and even seizures. Too many doctors do not want to help patients get off these pills and it is wrong."

Tilcat December 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This drug is great, it saved me from my job and help me become more successful. There was a point It was so bad I could not even be in a work meeting with out having serious anxiety. I also had problems going anywhere. It was really affecting my work and my behavior with my family. Once I started talking it, I felt no stress, and I was able to be normal again and function. Now that I have been on it for 2 years, I only need it 1-2 times a week. When I was having anxiety really bad I had to take it 4-5 times a week. So the longer I have been on it the more I was able to tapper off and feel normal again. I highly recommend it if you have serious anxiety and feel stress all the time."

Stanly from Texas December 1, 2015