User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 528 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Insomnia: "It works GREAT!! I'm 32 yo. I have always been a very light sleeper. Toss and turn alll night. Anxiety causes me to lay there and constantly think about everything. I've been on Xanax and too many to name. None work as good as this. So happy every day that I finally get a full nights sleep with no tossing and turning. No side effects. Highly recommend it!!"

Nichole3232 April 30, 2015

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from PTSD, depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. I previously took Xanax, but it was too short acting for me. I needed a benzodiazepine that was longer acting, since my anxiety goes on for a long time. I like that Ativan lasts 6-8 hours, in which I need for times of long time anxiousness. However I have realized that smoking cigarettes lessens the effectiveness of benzodiazepines, so I will have to work around that. Anyway, Ativan is great for people like me who have anxiety and panic attacks."

etherealmoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Taken the 0.5 mg tab only when needed for anxiety over a 9 year period. The last 4 years was prescribed the 1 mg. tab to help with my insomnia. Sometimes am able to use half the tab in order to fall asleep. I'm in my 70th year and see my doctor on a regular basis. It has made a positive effect in my life."

marekae (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 11, 2015

For Insomnia: "i take 0.5mg at bedtime. It does make your eyes dry so I use a lubricant eye ointment. Works fine."

Mom two twins (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 10, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 6mg Ativan a day and will do for life, it saved my life there is nothing else to touch a benzodiazepine if your anxiety is off the scale. Yes you get tolerant but what else is there out there NOTHING that works in 20 minutes like Ativan. I am 67 and not going to worry myself with addiction and withdrawal. What would I withdraw to there is nothing out the. I have taken Ativan for 40 years and I am alive, I don't think I would be without it. "

dyslexic (taken for 10 years or more) April 9, 2015

202 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was on 9mg/day by a very experienced psychiatrist. Sure it affects memories a bit but if you're anxious it works. Choose!"

Dr. Steph Smart (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Works well with anxiety, panic"

jooe473 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 0.5mg everyday before I head out to work. I had my panic at work, and this keeps me calm and able to get through the day. Some days are more stressful than others and I may have to take another 0.5mg, but I never go over the dose I was prescribed. I am so glad my doctor gave me this!"

RaeRae53 March 26, 2015

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder folowing several health issue including Cancer, pre-cancerous duodenal cyst removal, gallbladder removal, kidney surgery to remove stones. I have tried several SSRI's, several SNRI's, mood stabilizers (antipsychotic) and Remeron. All ineffective for my condition as a matter of fact made it worse. Once lorazepm was prescribe it all changed for the better. No side effects, no forgetfulness, no instability (falling). Without lorazepam I would not make it through the past 4 years. I also tried therapy with 4 diff. Therapists and did get some benefits from CBT. But lorazepm keeps me on an even keel. The only problem I have is all the negativity regarding its use. It works for me in small dosage (1 - 1.5 mg)."

John Shag (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2015

For Insomnia: "Gave me my life back. When my insomnia kicked into full gear I tried every natural method I could for only a temporary fix. After years of running on no sleep I ended up in an emergency room where I was given this medicine and have been taking it ever since. I am able to take it right when I go to bed and awaken normally. 1.5 mg."

Dinoscruzin (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2015

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I loved it, when I lost awareness in the Hospital: I was given Ativan. It brought me back to normal. I wish I had some now."

Aracab24 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Ativan works. I just started getting panic attacks in my 40s no real reason for it except maybe aspartame caffeine sometimes emotional but in all I'm not sure why have gotten panic attacks. But Ativan works sometimes I need three pills of .5 mg or sometimes I just need one but I only take them as needed not sure if my doctor is going to continue to give them to me but I definitely need a back up of some kind and it does make you feel better so think goodness for that."

Stella13 January 19, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I've been on this nightly for about 4 years now because of back pain I don't sleep well. It does a good job of helping me sleep but now it is causing my eyes to become very dry so I will look for an alternative."

skiguy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2015

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Someone who has never experienced a full scale panic attack has no idea how incredibly bad it is. I don't know what it's going to feel like to die, but I'm betting it won't be a lot different from a panic attack. It feels like every part of my body is shutting down, and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I would do ANYTHING to keep it from happening again. The only medicine my family doctor will prescribe is lorazepam because its slower onset makes it less attractive for abuse than what you get from Valium or Xanax. I only take it when I feel an attack is about to happen. In my experience the onset of relief is about an hour from a 1 mg dosing. The relief is incredible, and I seldom need a 2nd dose. No euphoria, just feel normal."

Johnnyh (taken for 10 years or more) January 8, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "For post-chemo nausea, this works better than ondanestron (Zofran) for me."

LeniRose December 23, 2014

For Anxiety: "I suffer from social anxiety- it's situational. I can go out to the grocery stores and other things but it usually happens in class. I tried 1mg today and it worked great.. It felt so good to feel calm around people and give good eye contact without my heart racing. It makes me sleepy hours later but I'm fine with that."

Raay_09 December 15, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I found this medicine very helpful in my anxiety."

PCMACLINUX (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 7, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have bad anxiety about medicines. The only reason I began to trust this one was because I was in the ER with really high blood pressure and a headache that had me concurring to shoot my brains out. The nurse gently asked if she could give me something to "bring down my blood pressure" I said yes because I was desperate. I later found out was an anxiety need and it really did the trick. Calmed my butt right down and I felt normal. Finally! I only use when anxiety is getting outta hand. I'm not into relying on pills daily for this type of thing but it makes me feel more safe knowing I have the "antidote" in my bag should I need it. It works for me even when I don't take it knowing it's in my bag."

missriss December 3, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "It's amazing how well this actually works. I thought I would be stuck with anxiety forever and wondered how I would ever be able to finish uni and find a job. This completely got rid of my social anxiety as well as all the physical symptoms that came with it. I can talk with people normally and for once have some hope that my life could actually turn out well. No more random panic attacks or worrying about minor things either. No side effects of any sort. I wish I had taken this back in high school when I was first prescribed it but I was too anxious to try any medicine."

gregs374 December 2, 2014

For Anxiety: "I was diagnosed as bipolar in Nov 2014. I'm currently on 1 mg of Ativan (lorazepan) and 150 mg Seroquel (quetiapine). In the beginning I was very tired and slept a lot. Now that a few weeks have gone by I can think clearly, the depression has decreased and I can function in crowds now. I may not want to spend the rest of my life on them but I am grateful for them."

meep45678 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have epileptic seizures & there are times my mind thinks non stop even in my sleep. And I would wake up tired and sore with a headache. I could literally see my thoughts racing in my mind about things I had to do the next day, I got to the point I was only sleeping 2-3 hours a night, my neurologist prescribed me lorazepam & it helps. I fall asleep faster; however, I still wake up before the alarm but I'm well rested."

Peach45 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2014

For Anxiety: "I had been very stressed, depressed and suffered from very high anxiety and panic. I was hesistant at first to take the medication because of all of the scary reviews online, but I have to say, whenever I felt like I was losing control and on the verge or having an attack or loss of control I took this medication and within 30 minutes I felt very calm and relaxed. "

OnlyAMemory November 24, 2014

For Anxiety: "Take it for "shutting my brain down" at night so I can sleep. Excellent medicine in that it's subtle and effective. I notice that an hour after dosing I'm much more relaxed and slowing down but in a very good way. Also in the morning I feel very calm again."

TGK21 November 14, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Ostensibly prescribed for Menieres and vertigo, it had a huge impact on my panic episodes and anxiety, only slightly less effective than Xanax, but slightly longer lasting. Also was a smooth, warm feeling taking it. The downside after a months use, after a week of nothing, the nausea and vomiting kicked in heavy, so I shy away from this one... That time delay of withdrawal was awkward in public places. Still, if I were to ask for an adjuvant, I'd pick Ativan over the more powerful Xanax."

JayneC (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Given that I've had issues with addiction, my previous psychiatrist would not prescribe me any benzos and instead prescribed me Vistaril, which I found pretty useless. For someone with acute panic and anxiety issues, benzos really should be the first and last word on the topic. Ativan is great. Because of my addiction history, I am very careful with it and never take it more than prescribed. It is enough to make me feel "evened out" during the day without making me loopy, euphoric or sleepy. And at night, it puts me out without giving me a "hangover" the following day like Valium does."

AnxietyDude (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9 10 ...Next