User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 772 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

5150Aries · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "If I take 3mg's this works very well for anxiety and it works quickly, the only thing is it usually also makes me sleepy so I try to only take it when I know I can go take a nap if need be, other than that no complaints."

Dae87 July 27, 2017

For Anxiety: "I started having anxiety attacks 6 years ago while visiting my baby in the NICU center she was born at 25weeks weighing 1 lb 15oz.....at that visit I started feeling chest pains and I instantly thought I was dying from a heart attack only to be told it was anxiety. Dr tried me on med from Lexapro to Paxil to visitaril TO BUSPAR TO XANAX,Zoloft. The Xanax works really well for me, but I was seen in ER yesterday for heart palpitations, chest pain, muscle and body weakness, blood pressure elevated heart rate elevated I thought it was the end of my life, The dr then said he would give me an injection of Ativan sent me home with some as well.....Last night was the first night I was able to sleep peacefully thanks to Ativan,,"

Gardeniaaa July 24, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Female, 21. Developed a panic disorder and hypochondria at 16. I did CBT therapy for a long time which helped immensely. I would go to the ER and Dr constantly. I would have a hard time falling asleep because I would panic I would die. I have been on this for 6 years, 0.5mg-1mg as needed. I only took it when in the throws of panic during a time when I did not know how to cope. It has done absolute wonders for me. I take 0.5mg only a few times a year now just when my GAD gets to be too much or anxiety disrupts my sleep for more than a few days. It's wonderful in small doses, as needed, and combined with CBT. I have had no side effects or withdrawal except if you take it when you aren't panicking and on occasion it can make you quite sleepy."

AMtgr · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I'd been having problems with insomnia and anxiety, both conditions feeding off each other and making the other worse and creating mild depression. My GP prescribed 0.5mg to be taken at bed time as needed, to be increased to 1mg if needed (only gave me 14 tablets as they are habit forming). Amazing results! I slept through the night and woke feeling calm and NORMAL for the whole next day AND the day after! I've taken 3 doses in the last 11 days, and took 1mg after a particularly stressful day with the same good results. No side effects of note except for a very mild headache 24 hours after the first dose. I'm expecting to have a decreased need for these after starting a new job in the next week but so happy to have them to get me through."

Tina57 July 15, 2017

For Anxiety: "I was given a double dose of Ativan IV in the hospital and 1mg dose pills for home! Only took .25 on occasion and now I'm having withdrawal symptoms!Can anyone answer my question about Ativan being addictive with only .25 mg occasionally?"

Pillmmman · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 10, 2017

For Anxiety: "They work very well"

BenzoWarrior0711 July 5, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "You would have to be crazy to take Ativan. I took 1-2 mg 2x a day for 6 months and had withdrawal symptoms for almost 4 years after stopping over a 2 week period per my doctor. If you think your life is bad before taking Ativan just wait until you experience the withdrawal and after effects of this poison. After 2 years still had vibrating hyper sensitive vision and hearing . Burning in your nerves especially in your feet. Forget sleep all you do is lie in bed awake for me almost 2 years dreaming while awake. That part was the most torturous part of the med. The FDA needs to remove Ativan from FDA approval immediately."

Ativandosage sucks · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Used at a funeral, supposed to take 0.5mgs, did not work at all. Took another, and another, and another. Maybe my doctor sucks, or maybe Ativan sucks. Do yourself a favor and get some Xanax if needed for occasional anxiety."

SarahArk · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have bad anxiety and am severely depressed and have bad insomnia. Doctor prescribed me Ativan. I took one at night to help me sleep. It helped me sleep alright all night. Woke up had a coffee then promptly fell asleep again had lunch at 1130 was up for an hour and a half. I then promptly fell asleep again the whole afternoon. That is the one and only time I took one. I told my GP I was prescribed this and told him I am not taking anymore as all I do is sleep. I do not know what is worse insomnia or sleeping all the time. He then told me to keep taking it what did he not understand. So I am not taking it anymore and will just deal with it on my own with no pills."

Ann7013 June 28, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have taken benzos on and off for most of my adult life, for insomnia/anxiety/panic attacks. I will start off by saying I am terrified of hypnotic sleeping pills (Z drugs etc) they make me stupid the next day which I can't deal with. I've been prescribed various benzos such as Ativan, Xanax, Klonopin, Restoril, out of all of them I find lorazepam (Ativan) is the best. I don't get a 'high' feeling from it, it just relaxes me enough to get some peaceful sleep and I have no side effects the next day. Xanax makes me feel high, and Restoril makes me high and binge eat - not good at all. Unlike other benzos, you can take your Ativan pill sublingually as they don't have a bitter taste; this makes them work quickly."

female with anxiety disorder · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have been dx with bipolar, anxiety and depression. Although I rarely am depressed. My anxiety has caused me several trips to the ER. Shortness of breath, hyperventilating, nausea and chest pain. My lungs are already in the second stage of hereditary emphysema (aka) Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. When my lungs are having difficulty moving and exchanging gases my anxiety is already on edge ... However when the anxiety gets worse my shortness of breath gets worse.. Furthermore has landed me in ICU. Recently after trial and errors I was prescribed barbiturates. An ER doctor prescribed me Ativan. I have saw a tremendous difference in my anxiety. My family practitioner has added paxil to take with it. It has been a week so far, I am feeling so much healthier"

bashbish · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 19, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I have been taking 1 1/2 mg every other night for sleep for the past 3 years. I have tried my other drugs for sleep and ativan is the only one that works consistently. Because of its addiction potential I take it only every other night. Also I have not had to increase the dosage in 3 years, which I believe is a result of not taking it every night. It is easier to tolerate my non-Ativan night of insomnia when I know I will be sleeping well the next night."

Sothankful June 18, 2017

For Anxiety: "I rate this 9/10 because I haven't used it enough. I have agoraphobia and anxiety/panic disorder. Lately, it has been hard for me to leave my house and so I would get anxious inside the car and then at the destination. Moment I woke, I took 0.5mg on an empty stomach to let it kick in while I brush, change clothes, and later eat. By time I leave the house, I noticed I didn't feel any hesitation to step out. The car ride was calm. I didn't sweat, no feelings of wanting to panic. I was able to browse clothes and shoes without having to do my usual breathing exercises to keep myself relaxed. It enabled me to shop without worry, panic, and rushing. I have only taken it twice, a month apart. No drowsiness or sleepiness for me."

UndrMediKated June 17, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Fast acting. I take .25mg once or twice daily. Some days none. I have a slight dependence on it even at the low dose. I can skip it but notice when I do. Not nearly as effective as it used to be but still works. I prefer to keep the dose low and use it with Buspar 7.5 twice daily and 75mg Effexor XR for my OCD and depression. The Effexor seems to help my OCD and the Buspar/Ativan takes the edge off the Effexor. I also use Ambien CR 12.5mg."

FoZB June 14, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been using ativan for anxiety and insomnia for the last 5 or so years. Lately I have been having side effects after taking only 1-2 pills at night for sleep. It does help me fall asleep but the next day I wake up nauseous. And I'm nauseous all day. Another weird side effect that it seems no one else has experienced is that my skin feels weird, like my fingers feel like there is a coating on them...It's hard to describe but it happens every time I take ativans. I get no side effects like this from valium or xanax. I hope my doctor will switch for me."

Miracle Drug! · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "At the age of 29, I've developed anxiety and it's gotten progressively worse, with me ending up in the ER for what I thought was a panic attack. After evaluating me, the doctor confirmed I'd had a panic attack and had the nurse give me an Ativan. I came to to the ER in tears, unable to control my breathing, feeling suffocated, body tingling, nauseous, face numb, the whole 9 yards. After taking the Ativan, I was feeling completely back to normal within 15 minutes, I could not believe it! They gave me a short prescription for it until I can follow up with my health care provider and it really is such a miracle drug that really calms the anxiety, allows you to think clearly, and feel relaxed."

Anonymous June 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "Stay away from this drug it builds up tolerance and then you'll have excruciating withdrawals"

Chris Cornell · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I took too much Ativan which gave me delusions and super depressive thoughts. Stay away from pharmaceutical drugs."

Nink's · Taken for 10 years or more June 7, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I've had severe panic attacks for forty years. They run constantly and NEVER stop! I'm 78 years old and have been taking 1mg Ativan three times a day which barely keeps them under control! I need four a day but my doctor acts like I'm asking for heroin! I have never needed a stronger dose, Now, they are almost banned !Call your representatives and the comment line at the White House and demand we be given this medication because we must have it!"

Pam, RN (use to stay asleep) · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 23, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I rarely have trouble falling asleep so that's not why I use it. I use it to stay asleep if I wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason. There are times when I wake up 2-3 hours before I want to and my brain shifts into overdrive and I can't get back to sleep, or if I do, it takes me about an hour. This medication eliminates that. I only use it if I've had a few nights in a row like that. Then I get caught up and wake up rested. I would never feel comfortable about using it nightly. Thankfully I don't need to. 0.5mg is all it takes for me. I'm 5'3" about 130 give or take 5lbs. A bottle of 30 lasts me several weeks or a few months."

MyFightSong · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 7, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Ativan 0.5 mg as needed for panic attacks. Not good for longterm use in my opinion because you will always need more, body will tolerate the dose and need more for same calming effect but its a short-acting med for anxiety and panic attacks and working wonderfully for me for years. I have bipolar 2 with rapid mood cycling and bad PMS symptoms and its a blessing when I do need it. I never take more than 1 mg at one time though because it is a strong drug. Peace. This too shall pass."

BrickBoo May 5, 2017

For Anxiety: "I dealt with troubled sons. One did 12 years of Angola La State Pen. He came to worked for me for some years. Was extremely stressful to deal with an ex-convict in weather in construction bricklaying business. A bit later my youngest Son moved out. He got with awful drug addicts. Did Meth, Coke, Vodka. Tore up apartments, his own house fora sum of $32,000 coming off meth. He did $10,000 damage on a 1999 super Dodge Dakota. Lorazepam saved my life. I'm a 225 lb man, 76 years old. I started 20 years ago. Worked for me in 30 minutes, I felt calm and hope come over me. I take 2mg morning and night. Why would I care if this addiction makes me feel good. You shouldn't care either if this addition helps you cope. It's a miracle drug. Thank God!"

Margo G May 4, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed this a few months ago getting anxiety while driving. The prescription is '0.5 mg once a day as needed." I have taken it about 3-5 times a week, a few times I have taken it twice a day. I have been having family issues recently, and I first thought that was the reason my occasional anxiety has progressed to debilitating (flying off the handle, depressive dying thoughts, chest pains) but after research I've concluded that I'm actually going through withdrawal when I don't take it everyday. Now it's 2:36 AM, I'm scared, mind won't shut off, don't know how to wean off of this properly. I'm tired, will be calling into work in the morning for lack of sleep. Please do not take this and just get counselling for your anxiety first"

GiveuporGetRelief · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 25, 2017

For Anxiety: "15 years of trying different medications to help me cope with my anxiety disorders. Unfortunately for me as the drug addict I once was, has made it almost impossible to get prescribed lorazepam. Even though lorazepam is not a drug I've ever abused, it still is extremely difficult to obtain a prescription. I tell you that nothing is impossible. This medication alone, has saved my life. It's effects are strangely different than that of other benzodiazepines. My opinion, Just take RX exactly as prescribed by your Dr. and utilize coping skills such as DBT, to further your success in managing/coping with a crippling disorder such as anxiety. Lorazepam is highly effective, instant reduction in anxious thoughts/feelings/emotions, and is proven."

P Dawg April 24, 2017

For Insomnia: "It has worked well for about 12 years as treatment for insomnia at 2 mg. with no side effects. Lately it has lost its effectiveness and all other drugs I have tried, including Ambien, do not work at all. I am wondering if it is safe to take in higher dosage for a long term. Lack of sleep is a terrible curse, although oddly I have little or no fatigue even though I am 68."