User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 568 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "Had anxiety and insomnia that I could not control due to ptsd and chronic pain lorazipam controls my symptoms unlike the other 6 meds they tried before lorazipam"

Undergroundchem (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2015

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Recently I started experiencing panic attacks for no apparent reason. I stopped taking caffeine, still had the panic attacks. I don't drink alcohol so no need to stop that. Stopped smoking, still panic attacks. Stopped pretty much everything I could think of that triggered these attacks. Still had that horrible death feeling that all of us who suffer with Panic Disorder experience. Even hearing the words Panic Disorder from my doc... it was a sobering experience. My GP prescribed me .5mg Ativan taken as needed and they are life savers. Within 10-15 minutes I begin feeling normal. I can function again. I can WORK again. I don't know how I'd survive without these little helpers"

Panic is Hell October 6, 2015

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Well, I've also been on zanies, clanazepapam. I found that lorazepam is for longer term maintenance of anxiety - Not panic attacks. I just got off of 2mg. 3x a day. Just cause it wasn't helpful. But it does work."

BigDDDP September 26, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a scary adverse reaction with Ativan. I was given 1 mg in the hospital orally for the very bad anxiety I was having. About an hour and a half later I began getting the most strangest, scariest hallucinations. Both visual and sensory. I don't know if this was an allergic reaction but I never had this problem with any other benzodiazepine. Please be cautious with Ativan in particular, because it altered the functioning of my brain (it wore off the next day)."

Jonathan1109 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Took this with zoloft to get me out of a black hole of anxiety and insomnia after a terrible few weeks trying remeron. Withdrawals from remeron were terrible and I didn't sleep for about 6 days (I'm not exagerating). Was about to give up but my dad convinced me to try another med since I had an obvious chemical imbalance that wasn't correcting itself. Despite not wanting to rely on a benzo for sleep I really didn't have any alternatives and I needed help fast. Zoloft combined with this for a few months got me out of the hole I was in. Tolerance did set in eventually (about a year) but I'm working on finding something safer but this med essentially saved my life."

Brett84 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2015

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "had severe anxiety attack, was given by the ER. one 1mg did the trick. my pshyciatrist gave me 10 more to use in emergency."

callesto September 18, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Panic/anxiety attacks since 1985, it blocks 99 percent of panic attacks does slow you down a little"

rockyddogg (taken for 10 years or more) September 18, 2015

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Ativan for 20 years. It was prescribed for me when my husband was in hospice care and I was struggling to care for him and our young daughters. I have GAD and it is the only thing that calms my mind and makes me feel normal if I am in high anxiety mode. I have reduced my amount needed to one half of the .5 pill to help sleep and the other half if I wake up too early and cannot get back to sleep. I also use it to fly. I have no hangovers and never feel fuzzy. It is a miracle drug for me."

Want to be calm September 16, 2015

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "The drug works amazingly except one HUGE problem. You will get addicted. I am not a druggie and took all my medications as precribed. I went off my medications 19 months ago and still feel like living hell. Panic atracks are hell but at least they end. Imagine living that way none stop for 19 months with no end in sight. The only thing that has helped me is drug free treatments which are becoming more and more mainstream. Please please please do not take any form of benzos. I think they are bad and will destroy your life taking away your health, your sanity and your close relationships."

Bryantd September 12, 2015

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This medicine has saved my life on several occasions. I developed physical anxiety issues (severe tingling, losing balance, trouble driving, insomnia, etc) a year after my 3rd child was born. My physician tried several SSRI and tricyclic antidepressants. They all made my symptoms worse. Ativan/Lorazepam helped immediately for all symptoms. In my opinion it is a miracle and I hate how it is demonized in the media and medical community. When you suffer a month without sleeping hardly at all and can barely function in a normal setting due to crippling physical anxiety symptoms, and something provides relief, you take it. Yes, when you are ready to stop the medicine you have to reduce very slowly over a long period of time. Godsend!"

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Is very effective in the beginning, but creates tolerance. Stopped working after 4 months. If you are a long-term user, try to take it every other night."

Room_101 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This helped me so much. I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest!!!!!!!! I went to hospital they gave it to me and it went away. OMG thank you ativan!"

smussaw September 7, 2015

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Ativan was prescribed inpatient to me. After major suicidal ideations and an active plan, I was given this to take when required ( about 3 to 4 mg a day ) inpatient. I am on Lamictal, Lexapro and ritalin also Seroquel as needed for sleep, plus Ativan 1 mg when required. I usually take 1 mg in the evening. Works great! Very subtle compared to Klonopin, Valium and Xanax. I would rank Xanax as number 1, Ativan number 2, Valium 3 and Klonopin a close 3rd but 4th. Give Ativan about 1.5 hours to feel effects, it takes about 2 hours to peak and lasts about 8 for me. Doesn't pack a 'punch' like Xanax or Valium but it is noticeable. It also seems to help depression somewhat! Whereas others can drag u down."

Crazy is the new Black (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 6, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I am going on a 14 hour plane trip and wanted a sedative. I hate flying especially on LONG flights across the world . I got Ativan. I took one (.5) before bedtime before I left home to see how it worked and how strong it was. Sadly I got zip out of it. I am super sensitive to meds.. I take an aspirin and I know in 5 minutes I am 'medicated'. SO I am majorly disappointed. Now I am even more anxious about my trip. ugh."

humbuggie September 6, 2015

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Doesn't work for me. Been taking it for 6 months, 1 mg 2x a day. It makes my head really fuzzy."

kat76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Wonderful takes stress away"

Jjkm August 28, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have been experiencing terrible anxiety/panic attacks over the last year or so. It all began with my husband's motorcycle accident that led to PTSD followed by panic attacks. Horrific. I landed in the ER on two separate occasions convinced I was going to die. Now that my husband is back to normal I was hoping my anxiety would go away but that is not the case. I am seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist prescribed Effexor and I had really scary reaction to it--like a panic attack on crack. I have sensitivity to SSRIs, it seems. So, now I take Lorazepam as needed and it does help me calm down and is especially useful at bedtime. I only take .5 and it has helped a lot when I've needed to stop the racing thoughts before bed."

NYscorp August 28, 2015

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I suffer from panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder and ocd. I take 1mg twice daily and am on 40mg of prozac.My disorders are quite severe and on a bad day im housebound.The lorazapem does work well but i do get bad withdrawal in the morning which involves being very anxious for bout an hour or so till my meds kick in which im going to try some different courses of action to try and counter this.Im 36 yrs old and a solo dad so getting well for my son is a big priority for me! My heart goes out to all the anxiery sufferers out there and i suppose we can all hope that we can get the right balance of meds that helps us without to many side effects and be as well as possible! So overall review of this drug is 7/10 good luck!"

steve from auckland nz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I had a very alarming ADVERSE REACTION to Ativan (Lorazepam), that I never had with any other benzodiazepine, that I'd like to share. My doctor prescribed me 0.5mg of Ativan for my anxiety that I've had since a child. Within an hour of taking my first dose I began to experience SCARY hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. This never happened whenever I took Xanax, Valium, or Klopin, so I don't know what made Ativan different. Not only did Ativan increase my anxiety, but it also caused these disturbing adverse side effects! I personally did not have a good experience with this drug, and threw the rest away. Please be very careful with it!"

AndyAnder August 23, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I'm 19 and this anxiety and OCD had been poured on me out of no where. It scared me so bad I felt like I couldn't live my life. I went to the ER and they prescribed me Ativan 1 mg 3 times a day. It was extremely effective. The first week I was only taking half or sometimes 2. I've been on it for 3 weeks and am waiting to get on a SSRIs for more long term. Ativan is helping me through my days. I am just nervous about withdrawals because I don't take them as prescribed only as needed."

Laurenthorne August 20, 2015

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan is a miracle drug. Whoever invented it should have received the Nobel Prize. Zero adverse effetcs, completely safe. I am going through chemo and my beloved old companion cat which I had for over 14 years died after many months of poor health. I felt gripping anxiety for weeks, it felt like my chest was going to explode. I was faced with vet bills and wasn't working. Ativan worked in less than an hour, I felt such relief, and only after 1mg. I take it once, sometimes twice, a day and my life is bearable. Please don't suffer. If you experience anxiety ask you Dr for Ativan, even 0.5 mg may work."

RollaB August 16, 2015

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Lorazepam works great for my anxiety with no side effects."

SKAgee (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 7, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I am 37 and suffered a rare type of heart attack called a spontaneous coronary artery dissection in my LAD (the widow maker). I have no heart disease. I have perfect blood pressure and blood lipids, includes by HDL, LDL, cholesterol, trig, etc. after my HA and based in both the rarity of my event and the mortality rate (80%) I have severe anxiety. I am trying to stop worrying and learn to love my broken heart. This drug saves me weekly. It doesn't mask cardiac distress so I take it when my chest feels right and within 5 min I'm fine. It's 4 dollars cash for a 30 day RX. I take .25 mg by biting a half pull into a fourth. Life saver. It's going to save my career too. This drug has saved my life."

taoTech August 5, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Extreme weakness, nausea, problems with memory, lethargic, slow reaction times, constant thirst, stay anxious, very sleepy during the day, no energy, wears off quick, soars at both corners of mouth, dizziness and confusion."

Film critic August 5, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started to take antivan for severe panic attacks. It did calm me down but left me extremely tired in the daytime. I was so tired that I was not able to function well at work. It was helpful at night though. Also, I was told that I could not take this medication for long term use. Eventually, I switched to Celexa and got relief that allowed me to not feel as tired."

MisoCat July 27, 2015