User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan

7.5

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 744 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "I am told I am a reasonably intelligent 64 yo. In all honesty my Mother is probably a little biased. I have suffered and I do mean suffered severe bouts of anxiety and debilitating depression for over 50 years. As you might Imagine I have seen everybody, tried every remedy under God's sun. Drug companies in this and most other countries are motivated by one thing ONLY. Greed/MONEY and getting more. If someone can be helped as a side effect along the way, it makes great press but it sure isn't essential. I found a Loooooong time ago that I had to do the research into my own personal condition, that I had to in essence, become my own Doctor."

Dr. Chip April 15, 2017

For Anxiety: "This does work for anxiety and seems generally safe and with little side effects. I personally do not like the long term effects of the drug and wish it was more of a 30 min to 3 hour effect. But this is great. My first choice would be Xanax, this a great second. There is some short term memory blanks, and more difficultly in concentration at times, also a slight sleepy feeling. I do not feel any addiction aspects to this drug. I can take it, or leave it. I noticed when I do have anxiety, and take it, this helps the episode resolve sooner. If I have anxiety and don't take it, I get through it longer, and may have other problems associated with the stress on my body. I see no need to take this for recreational reasons, it is not fun?"

3% (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I began having panic attacks in the middle of the night a few months ago and my doctor prescribed 0.5 mg of Ativan to take as needed. He told me it was fast-acting and would be out of my system in 6 hours. The first time I took it, my panic stopped in about 15 minutes. It was like someone turned the faucet off, just completely gone. I was able to get to sleep without problem for the first time in weeks. I did notice that it becomes considerably less effective if I take it more than 1-2 times in a week, so I try to do everything I can to calm down before reaching for the bottle. Currently starting Zoloft to help with underlying issues (have been on and off it before) and I keep this handy for any random anxiety spikes while my body adjusts."

jtr88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2017

For Anxiety: "I've been taking Lorazapam for many years but usually not more than once a week for really bad anxiety. The problem is it's addictive and you want and need to take more to get the relief you were getting before. So the more you take, the higher the tolerance and you need to keep going up and taking it more often. Another problem is the half life for Lorazapam is between 4 and 8 hours. This means you should really take it 3 times per day. If you don't you start getting reflex anxiety. After the dosage wears out your anxiety goes up. This was what I experienced and I went through the worst time in my 17 years. 8 weeks ago I stopped taking Lorazapam and switched to Diazapam to taper off. I suggest staying off this drug."

Pm16 April 4, 2017

For Status Epilepticus: "Use as a rescue medication to break seizure clusters. I only take when needed. Which isn't often thankfully."

Dhaniboi (taken for 10 years or more) April 3, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug is the devil. The first few doses work like magic. After 1 week a hellish withdrawal starts kicking in about 2 hours after taking each dose. Impossible to ween off of without a doctor who's familiar with this highly addictive drug."

Gator44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed Ativan (aka Lorezapam) because I had a head injury and my Doctor presumably thought that I had a very high level of anxiety (I wasn't getting enough sleep with the head injury so the Doctors perception was incorrect), but once I started using Ativan sleep woes disappeared completely of which I had always had problems staying asleep for virtually all of my life ! Ativan (Lorezapam) puts you into a "deep" sleep, you don't wake up during the middle of the night (Or late night for that matter!), cuts dreaming down to virtually zero and is THE BEST SLEEP MEDICATION I HAVE "EVER" SEEN !!! My prescription was for 1mg and to be taken 1 hour before going to sleep which is exactly what I did ! Effective Rating = "10" !"

RickS64 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2017

For Anxiety: "This medication works at reducing anxiety, and the only negative effect is slight drowsiness. I just take 0.25 mg at a time so I'm not too drowsy. I'm getting a little annoyed at how hard it can be to get it from doctors seeing as it works for me."

XelaD March 21, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Sitting here shaking in my boots this stuff is weak 1mg 3 times a day"

Jay Stew March 18, 2017

For Anxiety: "I take lorazepam for social anxiety. It seems to help. I feel more relaxed and talkative when I take it. It also helps me with severe depression."

Cheri23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Status Epilepticus: "This med works well for calming my head after a seizure(s). I have partial seizures. Started using it 2 years ago, 'as needed' Recently I'm attempting to discontinue any use of this medicine. My dosage is only 0.5 sublingual. The withdrawal symptoms are absolutely brutal. It's a low dose. I'm not sure if my sensitivity to medication and time taken affects the detox. I didn't expect the nightmares, nausea, exhaustion, fuzzy head. I am glad this med helped when needed, but can say, I'll never return to using it."

KaterinaSernowski (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have taken many anxiety and anti-depressants medications in the last 25 years. I have taken Lorazepam for last 13 years when needed , but for the last 2 years my dosage was increased from 1mg a day to 3mg a day every 8 hours , due to 7 close family members and 4 friends passing away. This is when the trouble started it did not work anymore , Doctor suggested I try clonazepam this lasted about three days , thought I was dying. His next step was to wean me off Lorazepam with Diazepam , I told him that I would not use a benzo to come off a benzo , then tells me too take 1mg a day for 30 days , realized he did not know what he was talking about or what to do. Then I went to my Pharmacy and asked her how do I taper off safely . Thanks to her we now have a plan"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 6, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "IF you use this drug JUDICIOUSLY, it can a God send. I take 1 mg 3 to 4 times a week, never passing 5 (and rarely hitting 5). 99% of the time I take it right at bedtime to get a bomb sleep. The next day, the world is beautiful. I am lucky; I can feel the drug working for 13 hours every time. And when it wears off, I still feel superb. I am a better person with this inexpensive medication in my life! I have been taking ativan for 10 years. The routine above has been consistently done for 3 years. Consider a low dose SSRI; I have been taking 10 mg of Cipralex/Lexapro for 18 months. I wish I had this figured out years ago! Good Luck."

Wayne Lafontaine March 5, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This med. Was given as anti anxiety medication. Straight knocked me out an hour after taking. Girl friend took it. She some how functioned to go to work. I was completely unable to cut hair, even unable to get out of chair. Anxiety was gone. And u should only take this drug short term then wean off it.My girl friends Dr. doubled her dosage from 1mg to 2 mg and without it she completely freaked out, yelling, screaming at me. She completely changes her personality if without it. When she stopped taking it, it was like she was coming off heroine. Was a worse situation coming off it, Dr. Did not lower her dose slowly, nor gave her something that could help her come off it. Mixed with cymbalta? Even worse. Mass hallucinations, both bad drugs."

Ziggy marps (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

For Anxiety: "Very effective but coming off is not fun. I wouldn't take it unless you have to I have severe anxiety and mild OCD and I'm choosing just not to take it. Side effects are real with this medicine. You'll be calm but at a price."

Jshsbsusbs March 1, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I know that many, including myself are not in favour of the pharmaceutical industry yet, when this drug literally saves your life, i.e. prevents suicidal ideation, can you really hate the industry, then? Think about that."

soucis February 27, 2017

For Anxiety: "So I have anxiety all of the time. But it's not the textbook rocking and shaking anxiety...it's the negative and obsessive thoughts-that something horrible will come if every situation. I have an as needed Rx for lorazepam and honestly I don't know if I like it. I feel like it makes me groggy enough but never takes the anxiety away. It almost feels like I hover over it but it's still underlying."

Shakybabe February 26, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have anxiety and sleeping problems. I like Xanax a little better I think. But Ativan still helps. Not from me because I haven't tried it yet but I heard if you like Xanax you have to double up on the Ativan from Xanax from 1mg to 2 and it would feel the same. That Ativan is weaker but has a longer shelf life. Regardless I would recommend this med out if you have sleeping problems or anxiety. There's usually a hard time for me to find a medium for me. I'm either too happy or to sad. Ativan n other benzo's give me that."

Tokeo February 25, 2017

For Anxiety: "This drug does help with anxiety. But this drugs attack on your mind and your soul when you suddenly quit this med is hell!!! I advise everyone to stay away from benzos. They will rob you of your life and your sanity. I have recently stumble across a amino acid that works better than a .5mg of lorazepam. It has no side effects and is actually good for you!!! Its called L theanine. This is a amazing natural supplement for anxiety and phobias. Its 100% safe and it works better for me than lorazepam. I take 400 mg a day. 200mg in the morning and 200mg with a 3mg melatonin at night for restful sleep. I stopped benzos after being on them for 2 years for horrible panic and anxiety 5 days ago. I started this regimen 2 days ago and it killed the withdrawals."

Val39 February 25, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Hands down, the best immediate solution for anxiety or panic attacks. I prefer Ativan to other benzos and it usually lifts my depression too, even suicidal thoughts ( well for the few hours that it works). Just be very careful not to become addicted but this is extremely helpful as an occasional tool in stressful situations. DO not take every day for many days unless instructed so, but even then do your research."

Canada345 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2017

For Anxiety: "I've been struggling with depression but mostly anxiety for 16 years. I take an antidepressant and last year I tried to change it three times. During this time I began to use Lorazapam daily and began to increase it when it wasn't working for me. Needless to say this was the worst year ever. My anxiety symptoms were hell. After reading about Lorazapam and the problems with tolerance, rebound anxiety, looping and withdrawal, I realized my problem was not the antidepressants but Lorazapam. If you take it once a month or several times per year it could help and shouldn't hurt you, but if you take it every day, you are asking for trouble. my recommendation is avoid Lorazapam at all costs."

Despair (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "hi this is very good medicines for anxiety treatment , you can use it for when your suffer depression and anxiety. I have also take this for last 2 months before."

Stevebrown February 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have had anxiety all my life, only after loosing my mom I realize she had it before it was named. I have used anti depressant then learned meditation and exercise techniques and become med free. Now at 65 the monster is back, 0.5 Lorazepam twice a week is great. But if I go back to work more a week might be needed. We will see."

Gitpicjohnny (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "Be careful ! this is a strong drug, it's effect is amazing and sometimes you feel HIGH. But...it causes dependence worse than cocaine...and loses the effect after some months.. SO GUYS ALWAYS TALK WITH THE DOCTOR NEVER USE THIS FOR TOO LONG !!!"

Attention2 January 28, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've had extremely bad anxiety, panic attacks, and mood swings. This medicine is wonderful. It's not very strong but it takes the edge off. I'd recommended to anyone with anxiety."

K433 January 20, 2017