User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 7)

Also known as: Ativan

7.5

ICU Agitation

Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.1 743 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "I was given a double dose of Ativan IV in the hospital and 1mg dose pills for home! Only took .25 on occasion and now I'm having withdrawal symptoms!Can anyone answer my question about Ativan being addictive with only .25 mg occasionally?"

Tina57 July 15, 2017

For Anxiety: "They work very well"

Pillmmman (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "You would have to be crazy to take Ativan. I took 1-2 mg 2x a day for 6 months and had withdrawal symptoms for almost 4 years after stopping over a 2 week period per my doctor. If you think your life is bad before taking Ativan just wait until you experience the withdrawal and after effects of this poison. After 2 years still had vibrating hyper sensitive vision and hearing . Burning in your nerves especially in your feet. Forget sleep all you do is lie in bed awake for me almost 2 years dreaming while awake. That part was the most torturous part of the med. The FDA needs to remove Ativan from FDA approval immediately."

BenzoWarrior0711 July 5, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Used at a funeral, supposed to take 0.5mgs, did not work at all. Took another, and another, and another. Maybe my doctor sucks, or maybe Ativan sucks. Do yourself a favor and get some Xanax if needed for occasional anxiety."

Ativandosage sucks (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have bad anxiety and am severely depressed and have bad insomnia. Doctor prescribed me Ativan. I took one at night to help me sleep. It helped me sleep alright all night. Woke up had a coffee then promptly fell asleep again had lunch at 1130 was up for an hour and a half. I then promptly fell asleep again the whole afternoon. That is the one and only time I took one. I told my GP I was prescribed this and told him I am not taking anymore as all I do is sleep. I do not know what is worse insomnia or sleeping all the time. He then told me to keep taking it what did he not understand. So I am not taking it anymore and will just deal with it on my own with no pills."

SarahArk (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have taken benzos on and off for most of my adult life, for insomnia/anxiety/panic attacks. I will start off by saying I am terrified of hypnotic sleeping pills (Z drugs etc) they make me stupid the next day which I can't deal with. I've been prescribed various benzos such as Ativan, Xanax, Klonopin, Restoril, out of all of them I find lorazepam (Ativan) is the best. I don't get a 'high' feeling from it, it just relaxes me enough to get some peaceful sleep and I have no side effects the next day. Xanax makes me feel high, and Restoril makes me high and binge eat - not good at all. Unlike other benzos, you can take your Ativan pill sublingually as they don't have a bitter taste; this makes them work quickly."

Ann7013 June 28, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have been dx with bipolar, anxiety and depression. Although I rarely am depressed. My anxiety has caused me several trips to the ER. Shortness of breath, hyperventilating, nausea and chest pain. My lungs are already in the second stage of hereditary emphysema (aka) Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. When my lungs are having difficulty moving and exchanging gases my anxiety is already on edge ... However when the anxiety gets worse my shortness of breath gets worse.. Furthermore has landed me in ICU. Recently after trial and errors I was prescribed barbiturates. An ER doctor prescribed me Ativan. I have saw a tremendous difference in my anxiety. My family practitioner has added paxil to take with it. It has been a week so far, I am feeling so much healthier"

female with anxiety disorder (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I have been taking 1 1/2 mg every other night for sleep for the past 3 years. I have tried my other drugs for sleep and ativan is the only one that works consistently. Because of its addiction potential I take it only every other night. Also I have not had to increase the dosage in 3 years, which I believe is a result of not taking it every night. It is easier to tolerate my non-Ativan night of insomnia when I know I will be sleeping well the next night."

bashbish (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2017

For Anxiety: "I rate this 9/10 because I haven't used it enough. I have agoraphobia and anxiety/panic disorder. Lately, it has been hard for me to leave my house and so I would get anxious inside the car and then at the destination. Moment I woke, I took 0.5mg on an empty stomach to let it kick in while I brush, change clothes, and later eat. By time I leave the house, I noticed I didn't feel any hesitation to step out. The car ride was calm. I didn't sweat, no feelings of wanting to panic. I was able to browse clothes and shoes without having to do my usual breathing exercises to keep myself relaxed. It enabled me to shop without worry, panic, and rushing. I have only taken it twice, a month apart. No drowsiness or sleepiness for me."

Sothankful June 18, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Fast acting. I take .25mg once or twice daily. Some days none. I have a slight dependence on it even at the low dose. I can skip it but notice when I do. Not nearly as effective as it used to be but still works. I prefer to keep the dose low and use it with Buspar 7.5 twice daily and 75mg Effexor XR for my OCD and depression. The Effexor seems to help my OCD and the Buspar/Ativan takes the edge off the Effexor. I also use Ambien CR 12.5mg."

UndrMediKated June 17, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been using ativan for anxiety and insomnia for the last 5 or so years. Lately I have been having side effects after taking only 1-2 pills at night for sleep. It does help me fall asleep but the next day I wake up nauseous. And I'm nauseous all day. Another weird side effect that it seems no one else has experienced is that my skin feels weird, like my fingers feel like there is a coating on them...It's hard to describe but it happens every time I take ativans. I get no side effects like this from valium or xanax. I hope my doctor will switch for me."

FoZB June 14, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "At the age of 29, I've developed anxiety and it's gotten progressively worse, with me ending up in the ER for what I thought was a panic attack. After evaluating me, the doctor confirmed I'd had a panic attack and had the nurse give me an Ativan. I came to to the ER in tears, unable to control my breathing, feeling suffocated, body tingling, nauseous, face numb, the whole 9 yards. After taking the Ativan, I was feeling completely back to normal within 15 minutes, I could not believe it! They gave me a short prescription for it until I can follow up with my health care provider and it really is such a miracle drug that really calms the anxiety, allows you to think clearly, and feel relaxed."

Miracle Drug! (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

For Insomnia: "Stay away from this drug it builds up tolerance and then you'll have excruciating withdrawals"

Anonymous June 9, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I took too much Ativan which gave me delusions and super depressive thoughts. Stay away from pharmaceutical drugs."

Chris Cornell (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I've had severe panic attacks for forty years. They run constantly and NEVER stop! I'm 78 years old and have been taking 1mg Ativan three times a day which barely keeps them under control! I need four a day but my doctor acts like I'm asking for heroin! I have never needed a stronger dose, Now, they are almost banned !Call your representatives and the comment line at the White House and demand we be given this medication because we must have it!"

Nink's (taken for 10 years or more) June 7, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "I rarely have trouble falling asleep so that's not why I use it. I use it to stay asleep if I wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason. There are times when I wake up 2-3 hours before I want to and my brain shifts into overdrive and I can't get back to sleep, or if I do, it takes me about an hour. This medication eliminates that. I only use it if I've had a few nights in a row like that. Then I get caught up and wake up rested. I would never feel comfortable about using it nightly. Thankfully I don't need to. 0.5mg is all it takes for me. I'm 5'3" about 130 give or take 5lbs. A bottle of 30 lasts me several weeks or a few months."

Pam, RN (use to stay asleep) (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Ativan 0.5 mg as needed for panic attacks. Not good for longterm use in my opinion because you will always need more, body will tolerate the dose and need more for same calming effect but its a short-acting med for anxiety and panic attacks and working wonderfully for me for years. I have bipolar 2 with rapid mood cycling and bad PMS symptoms and its a blessing when I do need it. I never take more than 1 mg at one time though because it is a strong drug. Peace. This too shall pass."

MyFightSong (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "I dealt with troubled sons. One did 12 years of Angola La State Pen. He came to worked for me for some years. Was extremely stressful to deal with an ex-convict in weather in construction bricklaying business. A bit later my youngest Son moved out. He got with awful drug addicts. Did Meth, Coke, Vodka. Tore up apartments, his own house fora sum of $32,000 coming off meth. He did $10,000 damage on a 1999 super Dodge Dakota. Lorazepam saved my life. I'm a 225 lb man, 76 years old. I started 20 years ago. Worked for me in 30 minutes, I felt calm and hope come over me. I take 2mg morning and night. Why would I care if this addiction makes me feel good. You shouldn't care either if this addition helps you cope. It's a miracle drug. Thank God!"

BrickBoo May 5, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed this a few months ago getting anxiety while driving. The prescription is '0.5 mg once a day as needed." I have taken it about 3-5 times a week, a few times I have taken it twice a day. I have been having family issues recently, and I first thought that was the reason my occasional anxiety has progressed to debilitating (flying off the handle, depressive dying thoughts, chest pains) but after research I've concluded that I'm actually going through withdrawal when I don't take it everyday. Now it's 2:36 AM, I'm scared, mind won't shut off, don't know how to wean off of this properly. I'm tired, will be calling into work in the morning for lack of sleep. Please do not take this and just get counselling for your anxiety first"

Margo G May 4, 2017

For Anxiety: "15 years of trying different medications to help me cope with my anxiety disorders. Unfortunately for me as the drug addict I once was, has made it almost impossible to get prescribed lorazepam. Even though lorazepam is not a drug I've ever abused, it still is extremely difficult to obtain a prescription. I tell you that nothing is impossible. This medication alone, has saved my life. It's effects are strangely different than that of other benzodiazepines. My opinion, Just take RX exactly as prescribed by your Dr. and utilize coping skills such as DBT, to further your success in managing/coping with a crippling disorder such as anxiety. Lorazepam is highly effective, instant reduction in anxious thoughts/feelings/emotions, and is proven."

GiveuporGetRelief (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 25, 2017

For Insomnia: "It has worked well for about 12 years as treatment for insomnia at 2 mg. with no side effects. Lately it has lost its effectiveness and all other drugs I have tried, including Ambien, do not work at all. I am wondering if it is safe to take in higher dosage for a long term. Lack of sleep is a terrible curse, although oddly I have little or no fatigue even though I am 68."

P Dawg April 24, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I am a nervous flyer and my anxiety has been getting particularly bad, so I decided to go to my family doc and get a prescription. My doc gave me ativan and said to take 1 mg 1 hour before the flight. I took 1 mg exactly as she told me and then another 0.5 mg midway through the flight.During the flight, I felt completely calm and at peace, which has never happened before. Highly recommend for infrequent fliers with anxiety"

Julie567 April 21, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Have been taking this for situational anxiety for many years. It worked to some degree but I would always feel depressed afterwards which was awful. Last year I used it daily up to 1.5mg while I was changing my anti-depressant. This was a huge mistake. I soon reached the tolerance and began to get rebound anxiety which started up every morning. I've been off of it for 10 weeks now and still suffering. This is really hard to come off of. My advise is don't take this more than once a week and that may be too much. My anxiety is so much worse because of lorazepam."

PaulMartin16 April 20, 2017

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Excellent medicine, I take it only as needed but beware, for me at least, massive and rapid weight gain has occurred on it, I was a consistent 130 pounds for the last 3 years, within a month of starting it I've gained 25 pounds. Which for me is great, I needed the weight gain, for others though, take caution in this. For me this drug has been phenomenal and I can take it once and feel good for days."

Tony1026 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

For Anxiety: "I am told I am a reasonably intelligent 64 yo. In all honesty my Mother is probably a little biased. I have suffered and I do mean suffered severe bouts of anxiety and debilitating depression for over 50 years. As you might Imagine I have seen everybody, tried every remedy under God's sun. Drug companies in this and most other countries are motivated by one thing ONLY. Greed/MONEY and getting more. If someone can be helped as a side effect along the way, it makes great press but it sure isn't essential. I found a Loooooong time ago that I had to do the research into my own personal condition, that I had to in essence, become my own Doctor."

Dr. Chip April 15, 2017