User Reviews for Lisinopril to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 9)

Also known as: Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis

Lisinopril Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lisinopril

Clova September 5, 2016

“Swollen throat. Persistent dry cough, which caused my blood pressure to increase. For that reason, Lisinopril didn't work for me.”

Neka(purplehaze) · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2016

“I was put on lisinopril 2x in 1yr n both times it made me have a cough as if i had the whooping cough...all I did was cough like I was coughing up my insides....I immediately stopped taking it once I realized it was the same meds they had me take before...I'm on a different bp meds very few coughs but not as bad as coughing up my insides...my advise is google read n investigate your meds before taking them”

Brooklyn J September 5, 2016

“Was taking this medication and experienced top lip swelling twice. By the process of elimination I concluded it was from Lisinopril. After many months of not taking it I was again prescribed lisinopril. This time both my lips swelled so severely I had to spend 2 days in the hospital.”

Cantfindadarnednickname · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 31, 2016

“I was on 10mg of Lisinopril for about a year and a half. Three months ago, one of my docs noticed that my kidney were not filtering well. A look at a year of blood work showed a gradual decline in function. I was sent to a nephrologist, who looked very thoroughly at my meds and history. He told me it was probably the lisinipril. Tapering off of the med has caused almost constant premature atrial contractions, which are not life threatening, but sent me to the ER in day 10. Ten days off and my kidneys were already functioning better. It's really strange that this happened, given Lisinopril's use in kidney patients. I'm just glad that the problem was caught in time. Keep an eye on your creatinine and eGFR.”

shygirl2016 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 26, 2016

“Was put on this medication for high BP. Has not gone down. I am off balance and was diagnosed at the ER with vertigo. Can barely stand up without feeling like I am going to pass out. Very dizzy and constantly lightheaded. Would not recommend this to anyone.”

MzKittyKatz · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 26, 2016

“Took this for several years whenever I was younger. Worked perfectly, no problems. Was able to get off of medication due to lifestyle changes. After about 3 years, I had to get put back on it and it didn't interact well with me at all the second time around. After 3 days of taking it, I would start to get a pain in my stomach that was so severe, I could barely stand. It lowered my blood pressure, but the pain was intense. 2 days after stopping taking it, the pain would go away completely. Tried a few times to start retaking it, but every time met with the same results.”

Duped by High BP · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2016

“My doctor prescribed medication for me 3 weeks ago. First chlorthaladone and it turned my stool into a solid brick. Finally passed stool but with incredible pain. Doctor then changed med to lisinopril. After 1 week I saw the doctor and said the same condition of severe constipation existed. Doctor said that lisinopril was not cause of constipation and said to use miralax for a week. After 5 days, miralax did nothing. I called the doctor and told of this experience. The doctor still thinks the bowel problem is unrelated to the medication. But said stop for a week, track blood pressure and see if bowel trouble continues. I get the impression that the doc and nurse think I am crazy and should not question anything. I am not crazy.”

Cookies -cream August 18, 2016

“This pill is dangerous have your doctor change your medication . Leg cramps dry cough my lips swollen with this medicine”

Neuro girl August 17, 2016

“My BP is down significantly the first day. I felt a little foggy this morning but it didn't last long. I'm optimistic this will help me :)”

DiamondBBW August 11, 2016

“I have been on lisinopril 20/25 for about 6 to 9 yrs now. It controls my blood pressure. But I have felt dead since I started taking it. It kills my love life, I'm not even interested. I am always tired. I am always sick. I always have a cough. Thanks to the fluid pill mix I pee every single time I cough. I never feel clean. I always have to buy pads. I know it's the meds because once in a while I will get sick of feeling this way and just stop taking them. I feel like a new person. So strong, so happy, loving life, lets play, clean, and brand new.... But I will check my BP and it will be soaring towards or past 200/160. My doctor knows about all of it, makes no effort to care, but It's time to stop all this nonsense.”

Pop's August 2, 2016

“This does nothing for me and I take it an the highest dosage possible. Every doctor keeps giving it to me and blaming my eating, stress or anything. I'm 50 and have taken this for 15 years. I quit working 3 years ago from high stress position I eat very well and nothing changes.”

bartvjean July 29, 2016

“I have been on this medication for a very long time, but yet every time I go to my doctor, my bp is just as high as ever. Instead of taking me off and trying something else, which btw, I have been on dozens over the years. She just increases the dosage. I feel like I am carrying a backpack on my back loaded with heavy rocks. It drains my energy. That is why I dont take it first thing in the am, because I walk and if I take this first, I feel so slow, I feel like sitting down. I guess these drugs are designed this way, but it is not a good thing for anyone who wants to be active. I try to eat healthy, gave up salt, and soda and just try to exercise when I can. I am going to the doc today and I just took this med, I want to see what my bp ”

Pamelamayz July 9, 2016

“Iam a 57 year old woman and I have been taking lisiniprol 20mg for a few years now and the side effects are getting worse, I just asked my doctor to get me off this medication for my blood pressure. I had severe leg cramping at night, my skin seems to show every vein due to lisiniprol sucking the life out of me. I work all day, I couldn't wait to get into my bed at the end of the day I was totally exhausted. I would wake up in the middle of the night with a dry cough limiting my sleep and feeling like I did not sleep at all. This is not living life as it was meant to be. I will change my eating habits and exercise. I would rather live everyday as it was meant to be-- than BARELY existing.”

Luon · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2016

“After taking 2 lisiniprol I broke out In a horrendous red rash over my entire body. Extreme itching. Angioedema, difficulty swollowing, eye sight compromosied, violent headache. 3 trips to ER, 3 days in hospital. 4 weeks later entire body skin peeling. Still very weak, short of breath on exertion. Bp elevated. Not sure what I will do about Bp as I am very afraid to try a new drug. This is a very bad drug.”

BeYourOwnAdvocate · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 5, 2016

“I was put on 20mg of Lisinopril for HBP when I went to the ER and was diagnosed with bronchitis in mid January 2016. I attributed my feeling worse to the progression of the bronchitis instead of this drug. However, after months of not feeling any better I noticed that my hacking cough, endless postnasal drip, difficulty swallowing, general fatigue seemed to get so much worse shortly after taking this medication. It prompted me to research the side effects and read online hundreds of testimonials of people with similar symptoms to those I had who also saw a correlation between this medication and their symptoms. After my CT scans and blood work revealed I no longer had bronchitis, I knew that Lisinopril was to blame. I stopped taking it.”

polgadot · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2016

“dr put me on this garbage and in less than a monrth im back in the emeregency room. dehydrated so weak i coundnt even lay down, foul tasting food i lost 14 lbs i couldnt afford to lose, dry cough, dizzeness, i already had insomnia for the last fifteen years this garbage did nothing but make me very ill, stomach pain, vomiting, cramps.etc.....”

Grammylex June 19, 2016

“Took it for 3 weeks. Reduced my blood pressure in a day. Made my ears ring until I couldn't stand it. Also was very congested. My doctor took me off of it”

Er!c June 16, 2016

“Caused Erectile Dysfunction. I didn't realize Lisinopril was the culprit. I thought that I was just getting old (52 years). Switched to another hypertension medication and there was an immediate - and unexpected - improvement. I wish I had known that a couple years ago!”

am401 June 14, 2016

“Dangerous for me. It raised my BP from 144/89 to 188/119 fairly quickly. It caused a dull headache. I feared stroking out. I stopped using it immediately.”

Mari G. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 30, 2016

“Fall 2015 noticed b/p was staying in the 140/95 range. Dr put me on Lisinopril 20 mg & metoprolol 100 mg. B/p went down to 130/90. I soon noticed my energy was low, I felt like my body was made of lead. I couldn't even stand long enough to take a shower. But the holidays approached & I figured it was just adjusting, cold winter, etc. I had extreme depression, massive anxiety, insomnia. Basically confined to my bed. Went to the Dr again & again & she just looked at me & smiled again. I couldn't take anymore. I went off both slowly. I feel 75% better after 2 days! Now I'm trying to reverse this nightmare of being sedentary & what it has done to my body. I never knew you could loose this much muscle & become exercise resistant so quickly.”

Robinnsnest · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 23, 2016

“Started on 2.5 mg one year ago for bp 160/90. Had the dry cough, not much lower bp. Went on 5 mg after a few months. Bp was all over the place, high, low, everywhere in between. After about 10 months on it, I realized that it must the reason I feel like crap. No energy, muscle aches, dizziness, weight gain of 10 lbs. even with working out and eating healthy. I feel like I've aged 20 years in the past 12 months. Every joint in my body ACHES, even the tips of my fingers and toes. Cut back to 2.5 mg and feel a little better. Looking for natural alternatives to this stuff.”

Don M · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2016

“Dr added this to lower my marginal BP from 135 140 range. However, my BP went up immediately to 170 range. After a week, I stopped the lisinopril took amlodpine and it went down to 120's within a couple of hours?”

???mds May 21, 2016

“My blood pressure has been around 165/93..it has been running this high even tho Im on hcz 25 mg 2x day and propanonol 25 mg 2xday. So my md put me on this med on top of the other 2 Ive been on it a few days..my mouth has been extremely dry..headache plus my bp was 86/53 this am...guess what its Saturday and it makes me itch”

summer com May 15, 2016

“So far it is working the only side effect was a dry cough for about a week”

Nonna2seven · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2016

“I started 10 mg once a day 2 weeks ago for hbp of 160/90. From day one, I had severe headaches. Then I started getting aches and pains, kind of flu like feelings. Then the muscle cramps started. Now for 4 days, I have been vomiting and have almost zero urine output even though I am making myself drink 120 oz of water a day. I never thought of this medicine causing these side effects until my husband asked me if it could be whats causing me to feel bad. So, as of today, I emailed my Dr and I am stopping Lisinopril after looking up all the side effects. I'll deal with the hbp!”