User Reviews for Lisinopril to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 7)

Also known as: Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis

Lisinopril Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lisinopril

Christine Stetson · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2017

“This drug gave me drug induced lupus”

58 year male May 23, 2017

“After taking this medicine for some 2 years I started to get swelling in the eye areas. Twice it just swelled up around the upper eye lids. Last night, during the night it swelled up completely the other eye, went to emergency room and the whole time I thought it was just allergies. The doctor said it was lisinopril and if I don't stop taking it, it could swell up the neck area and close off the breathing. If you are having this swelling, be sure to tell your doctor.”

Anonymous May 16, 2017

“I took this for literally years. One day I started swelling. Got a horrible rash and was told I have Angeoedema because of the Lisinopril. Not only that I was told I may have this thing come back for years to come. I am diabetic so the steroids they use to treat the Angeoedema cause my sugars to go dangerously high. I find this unacceptable. The Doctor at the hospital told me this is common. This drug is dangerous and the company knows it and down plays this common complication as if it were rare.”

Kjls joan May 10, 2017

“I started on 10 mg a few months ago and its lowered my BP some, but not enough. No noticed side effects and tomorrow I go back to Dr to see if I should up the dosage.”

Anonymous April 30, 2017

“Beware I felt same like my heart was racing I just took it for 2 weeks then I just got off it but I just learned not to quit it all at once could be very dangerous slowly get off pill ask your doctor this pill is very bad horrible I haven't felt the same since I took it beware”

A54ok April 26, 2017

“I took this for high blood pressure I felt lightheaded like I was gonna faint Then I had a lot of gas and loose stools Lethargic sick feeling I skipped a day So felt a lot better decided to try again Today took it at noon I just kept feeling weaker and weaker I could barely walk I had awful gas in my chest was tight I felt awful all day all night I only took a half Of a 10 mg each time I am not taking this again no thanks I would rather have high blood pressure I felt better then lol”

Ry322111 · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2017

“In 1 week I had Joint pain, back pain, confusion, mood swings, loss of vision, panic attacks, out of body sensations. Doctor asked me to describe exactly why I wanted off of this medicine: Best way I can describe it is.. "it's like I'm taking poison". No joke. Beware.”

Joanne70 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2017

“I been taking lisinopril about 3 months ago I have to said it works for me until now, I been having body aches, stomach pain, dry cough and also confusion..I haven't take it for the last couple of day and my blood pressure is 156/91 I'm afraid to take it again..I've been trying home remedies to lower my blood pressure..beware of this medication!!”

Sawin April 7, 2017

“My doc just put me on this stuff last week, the first afternoon I took it, I was just so spaced out, and walking around in a fog, I hated it. I thought I would take it before bed, so the fog would at lest be while I slept. WRONG! Took it around 10:00 PM, went to bed at about 11:30, fell asleep ok, THEN... woke up at 1:00 AM, with pounding heart, and mild chest pain. Was awake until 5:00 AM, slept maybe an hour, then had to get up for my day. didn't take it the next night, and decided to take the next day in the afternoon. Well, here I am, feeling like garbage, and reading all the bad reviews. Not going to take anymore of it. Thanks to all who shared.”

Pleasefindbettermeds · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 20, 2017

“Poison- don't take this! Lots of terrible side effects, it got so bad that I lost my far vision at the store one day, I could only see things within a foot or two. It took 10 minutes for my vision to return to normal. Poison!”

Enlightened Barbarian March 6, 2017

“This stuff is pure poison plain and simple and anybody trying to portray this as a "medication" should be jailed. I hadn't been to a doctor in 44 years when the V.A. insisted that my BP was so high they couldn't put me into their database unless I took a BP "medication. Day one, "immediately" I fell off a cliff with side effects that were the same as daily doses of deadly "poisons". The "doctor",HA! says "keep taking it you'll get used to it. 10 weeks go by and, I continue to complain and the doctor continues to say "keep taking it you'll get used to it! Well, in 10 weeks I lost 32lbs. of solid muscle, I also had every side effect that the "hidden literature" listed that no-one bothered to tell me about !”

momtokippy March 4, 2017

“I can take this at 1.25 mg per day and it sets my BP at about 130/75 steadily. I was running about 150/90 before. I started at 2.5 mg (doc wanted 5 mg) and was a little short of breath. Went to 1.25 mg and it's plenty. If you are taking a larger dose try taking less before giving up from side effects. I can stop taking this for a few days and my BP stays low for about 3-4 days even. I am wondering if I am having some body achy-ness and foot pain from this though. Also a bit more mucous when on this. Not sure whether to try something else as this is effective for the BP. And dirt cheap.”

Yvonnes February 26, 2017

“This drug was quite effective for me for a long time. While I did cough some while taking it, it was never bothersome. Just recently, I did halt taking lisinopril, as I began experiencing facial and head tingling. I initially thought it was possibly stress or the multivitamins I also take. However, after eliminating the lisinopril, the facial and head tingling stopped, virtually immediately. So, as with anything, medications sometimes need to be re-evaluated for one's body.”

Hotgrammy. ni · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2017

“I started taking lisinopril 10 mg about two months ago it was ok untill two weeks ago stools started to get real soft then got dirreaha very gassy wind all day. I never had problems with my bowels I'm 79 years old so I'm going off them and then going on another by pill.”

Jeff hates lisinopril! February 21, 2017

“Yes, this will lower your BP. It also makes me very tired, dizzy when bending over and extremely exhausted when exerting energy. How am I supposed to improve my diastolic condition if I can even run for a mile without wanting to pass out.....I hate this drug! How can someone function with a heart rate of 90/ 65? Seriously!”

Ahmed Benali February 17, 2017

“This medicine worked so well on my friend, but for me I start coughing like crazy for a whole week before I did find it was Lisinopril that makes me cough. I changed the medicine to Amlodipine and it was a nightmare. I just come back from the doctors office he changed me to Cozaar. I hope this medicine will work for me.”

misspj2 · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2017

“Because this works for some I will not say it is a bad medication. It did bring down my blood pressure, however, for the week I took it I could not sleep more than an hour or two at a time. I have both a pulse ox meter as well as a BP meter and started keeping close watch and found that while on Lisinopril my resting pulse went very low. It was 44 at one point and rarely went above 70. My Dr was not concerned because he said that it did not stay in the low range, however, in my conclusion I believe that I was not sleeping because my pulse went too low and I was forced to wake up in order to get my resting pulse to raise enough to keep me alive. After stopping the medication my resting pulse went back up to its normal rate of around 60-75.”

Don't listen to doctors · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 15, 2017

“Do not take this drug. It causes excess mucus and coughing to the point of vomiting. It also causes terrible stomach pain. I took this for over a year and kept blaming my increased sinus mucus on allergies, milk products etc. The day I stopped the drug my symptoms stopped as well. Really doctors should never prescribe such a drug! It can also damage your liver and pancreas. Best to deal with your high blood pressure naturally than suffer the considerable side effects of the drugs that doctors prescribe. They get kick backs and lobster dinners from the drug reps to push their medication. Never take any medication without first trying to alter your life style and diet.. See a holistic doctor first”

Thaddeus Jones · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2017

“Had experienced increasing blood pressure, which my physician and I thought was related to my anxiety disorder. After adding lisinopril 20 mg, nonheadaches, reductions in anxiety, and decreased flushing. My quality of life is so much better. If your readings are over 140/90 ask your physician about this lifesaver medication. It also has kidney protective properties.”

Rhondakaren January 28, 2017

“I started taking the lisinoprol a few weeks ago and I woke up with a migraine and throwing up. So I quit taking it. Wanted to try it again and the same thing.. Migraine and throwing u.. I think the high bp is better than that.. I've tried it four times and the same thing keeps happening.”

hard on less · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 28, 2017

“getting hard and staying hard is tough”

Poothamby · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2017

“Blackout! Urgent care said high potassium levels (hyperkalemia). Type1 diabetic, I don't eat bananas or take supplements. Treated cuts from fall and discontinued pills.”

PennySioux · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2017

“I had been watching my Bp for a while and knew it was a bit on the marginal side of high. When I finally decided to go see my Dr about it, was when it was 212/110. Couldn't get it below 186/94 no matter what I did. So, he put me on 20mg with 25mg hctz. Within the week (yesterday was one week) of being on it, my Bp at highest point is 151/86 and generally runs in the 130s over 67 to 76 at the highest. The only problem I'm having is I'm tired!”

Mannymae January 2, 2017

“After reading most of the other reviews I wonder if I am on proper med. I have been taking since 12/24/16. Within 2 days my b/p was very close to normal. I do have slight headache, mild confusion and some dizziness. However, headaches were worse before taking this drug and also suffered from other side effects prior to taking it. I feel the benefits outweigh the adverse effects. Thank you.”

BLaLo · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2017

“I don't even want to give this drug one star! I started taking this medication back in June of 2016 for only about 3 weeks and I am still having side effects to this day! My whole life changed over night. I started having heart palpitations, extreme dizziness, I lost close to 30 lbs, hair lose, swollen nose, lip, and eye, pains/pressure in the top and back of head, shortness of breathe, blurred vision, weakness, nausea, pains in my stomach, night sweats, and leg cramps, entire body felt shaky ( and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some things). Numerous trips to the ER and 8 different doctors to basically be told they don't know whats wrong with me. Take my advice and do not take this.”