User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 7)

Also known as: Prinivil, Qbrelis, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 18 reviews 29 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 1 reviews 6 medications

4.5
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 394 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Lisinopril

For Migraine Prevention: "I've had severe headaches/migraines about twice a month since I was about seven years old. As an adult, my headaches were brutal: 36 hours of feeling like I'd been shot in the left eye, and NOTHING helped. I always had low-to-normal blood pressure until it jumped up post-menopause despite my being thin, active, a non-smoker, etc. The hypertension meds I tried either made my headaches worse or made me so tired I could barely get out of bed. Lisinopril also made me tired, but to a degree that I figured I could live with. A few months later, I realized I hadn't had a headache since I'd started taking it. Fifteen months later I am still migraine-free. Unbelievable!"

Adelthea17 April 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "At 27 this was the first medication doctor prescribed for blood pressure. I had shortness of breath, headaches and rapid heart rate. I was only on it a week, I just couldn't tolerate it"

yaya27 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Early this year my blood pressure just went up and stayed there. 199 over the 96. Some days lower but still 148 over 90. Been on low dose Lisinopril for a month. Now blood pressure is nev128 more than 126 over 80 or under 96 over 60. Left arm still hurts like a Charlie horse. Never had a migraine before or after. I'm 49, white male. Eating about 1860 calories and averaging 3 miles a day not including gym time."

DanthemanO March 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Started using lisinopril stopping water pill due to night Terrors. BP went down the first week the went back to high so they doubled my dose to 20mg a day. My. Face has a burning itch around the face near the ears, horrible cough all day and night, also none stop headache. I really dislike drugs I mean really..... what's the long term effects? Gonna lose weight, exercise, no gluten, and meditate . See how it goes."

calamitybj March 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Seems to help with my blood pressure and protein in my urine. I am also type 2 diabetic. No noticeable side effects."

mch999 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was given a prescription of Lisinopril 5 mg. to reduce my high blood pressure. First med. I might add I've ever taken being leery of any medication short of aspirins. Not only has it reduced my BP to normal levels, my nighttime trips to the bathroom have ended and I've never felt better. I'm over 65 and other than the BP, I am in good health."

Very Relieved (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking lisinopril after previous high blood pressure didn't help. Lisinopril brought my BP down to normal level and stabilized it pretty quickly. Have a slight dry cough but nothing too bad. No other side effects."

KittyKoo February 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I had high blood pressure that turned out to be related to the job. My doctor put me on a low dose of linosipril and the blood pressure came down. And my migraines stopped. I did not make the connection until I left the job and we took me off of the linosipril. The blood pressure was normal but the migraines were back. I did a search for migraine medications and found linisopril on the list. I went right back to the doctor who was going to put me on Topamax and shared my findings. Two months on a low dosage of linisopril and no migraines. Woo hoo! Fingers are crossed and so far so good. Best of all it is a free prescription at my local grocery store pharmacy. What a tremendous relief after years of having migraines run my life."

Nanoo January 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I've enjoyed everyone`s experiences and opinions, however, you all have mentioned your blood pressure readings, but have not said anything about your pulse rate. So I thought I would bring that up because I've had some low pulse rates, anyone else? My Doctor started me on Lisinopril 5 mg eight days ago. I have been testing my Blood Pressure at home and have a chart that I record the readings on so I can spot any sudden changes. My lowest Blood Pressure Reading was 95 over 65, pulse 60. To me that`s scary. My highest reading was 153 over 84, pulse 95. This is due to extreme pain in my Lumbar. I was hit by a semi-dump truck T-Bone style at my drivers door. It messed up 3 disk in my lumbar. I refused back surgery, already had neck surgery."

TeaSee January 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "42 yrs old, decent shape, exercise regularly, eat pretty well most of the time. Family history of high blood pressure. I waited nearly a yr after the doctor prescribed lisinopril. Neighbor, 46 who was in great shape had a massive heart attack and died while jogging. Scared me. I've been taking it 3 days and I feel so much better! Did not realize the side effects of high blood pressure. Coughing a little, but I'll take that all day long to avoid bigger problems."

Anonymous January 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "Headaches that lasted all day nearly every day for 18 months. Started on lisinopril for mildly elevated blood pressure (15 mg). Headaches went down to about one/month and those were now responsive to Excedrin."

mikm (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking Lisinopril for a month now and I feel just fine. No noticeable difference as far as symptoms and my blood pressure has been reduced to an acceptable level. "

Mr. Feeljustfine January 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Worked effectively lo lower bp, but within a short time after starting the lisinopril, I developed the "lisinopril cough," an irritating syndrome that results in hacking cough day, night, and in my sleep. Discontinued this medication due to that (highly known) side effect."

captkrash January 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking it for a few months now. My blood pressure has gone from 140/91 ish to around normal. I would give it a ten but it's brought back my night terrors."

Gingerhair1105 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "27 year old, male. Been taking 5mg for just over a week now my blood pressure has gone from 180/110 to 125/85 and I'm feeling so much better. Very happy with this, so far no side effects I'm aware of."

SDXYL (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril is an effective blood pressure medicine, however one of its significant side effects is Rosacea. I needed to stop taking and switch to beta blocker atenolol to control my blood pressure."

AA1 December 30, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "My doctor prescribed lisinopril for my blood pressure. She is an osteopath and very much into prevention. I'm not even sure my blood pressure is high. I've gone a few weeks without it and when I do my re check at the doc is 120/70. That happened a few times. But my point is, it really helped with my hormonal headaches. Now I'm period free and totally migraine free for 5 years. So hopefully you hormone migraine sufferers will have the same luck. It does give me that little annoying dry cough, but I'd say it's worth it."

It's me B December 15, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I've seen strong blood pressure and migraine reduction results but am awakened nightly a few times with a dry, hacking cough and have lost mostly all of my libido though I've never ever had that in my life and I'm happy and very in love. I'm on 20 mg daily."

J. B. R. (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Dry cough started after usage began. Cough was quite harsh and would cause me to wake at various times each night."

Toms Z06 (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking this medication after giving birth to my baby 7 mos ago. It works wonderful on my blood pressure 201/170 to 116/85, but I feel aweful. I feel dizzy, light headed at times, aches and pains left arm pain and chest pain I thought I was having a heart attack. Now I have numbness and tingling to my extremities. Im only on 10 mg but I need a change I dont feel good with all these side effects."

marisamf October 15, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Cardiologist put me on this 5 yrs ago. I've been getting bone and shoulder arm pain, and not thinking it was the medicine kept thinking I had something else. Finally I got so fed up with the bone pain the doctor changed the medicine a few days ago. Pain has lessened. "

Granmammie (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 52 Hispanic male, started lisinopril 10mg seven days ago, blood pressure was 150/80 before starting medicines, last couple of days it's been 111/73 and 110/72 but last night I blacked out and fell to the ground, my wife say's I shook before falling, I told her before passing out that I didn't feel well. Paramedics think I "bottomed out" and to tell my doctor and he'll probably change it from 10mg. It was scary, thought I saw the "white light", I'm losing weight too, maybe too fast. Anyway I'm hoping he'll let me not take them at all and just let me try with my lifestyle changes."

Eddie B. (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I'm 35 and never experienced migraines before. I started taking 10mg of lisinopril and 200mg of Toprol XL as a result of heart failure. Now once or twice a month I get aura migraines. It seems backwards since both can be used to treat migraines. Not sure if it's connected but I will be asking at my next check up."

leebowski (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "After a year of appointments & about 12 medication combinations later at the Cleveland Clinic Headache Clinic I have been on 20 mg Lisinopril, 120mg Diltiazem and 100 mg Doxepin daily for over 15 years. Down to 5 migraines per year. (Used to be 100/yr). With such a wonderful outcome we have tried to wean me off the meds 2 times. BAD IDEA. I'll probably be on these for next 30 years. But hopefully migraine free."

Pinche gringo August 24, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Started 10 mg in 2008 increased to 20mg in 2010. Only side effect occasional dry cough. I sleep very well at night. I take my pill every morning. White male age 62."

George F August 24, 2014