User Reviews for Vyvanse (Page 9)

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 469 reviews 36 medications

Binge Eating Disorder 25 reviews 1 medications

7.8
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 494 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "I'm 11 and I take it. Before I got in trouble a lot, but now I'm fine."

Yoshirocks July 17, 2013

For ADHD "I started taking Vyvanse 2 weeks ago and it has helped with my focus, patience, anxiety and depression. My doctor tells me I have a mix of ADD/ADHD so he prescribed me on 50mg. I am worried though about all of these side effects I have been hearing about that could happen. The only side effects I have gotten is bruising easily and loss of appetite in which i force myself to eat because I end up feeling like I will pass out. Other than that I highly recommend vyvanse!"

DarkMusician July 11, 2013

For ADHD "I have realized after my child started taking Vyvanse, her grades improved dramatically! She is able to concentrate and pay attention to what is going on instead of being confused. This medication has been working great for her and we have not had to up the dosage. It was very scary at first, however, it turned out to be a great decision."

MOMtoADHDchild (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2013

For ADHD "My 5 year old son was prescribed Vyvanse as his first medication after being diagnosed with ADHD-combined type and we've seen a huge difference in his attitude already. He is so polite, much calmer (but not zombied), still has his personality and is active. He's become more aware of his surroundings and how to treat others around him appropriately. I can't wait for school to start again to see how well his social relationships will improve now that he's undergoing treatment. Side effects the first few days were not nice to watch but he adjusted and is doing awesome. No insomnia or appetite loss either, and he has no complaints; it's perfect for him!"

LannaBanana July 9, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I adore Vyvanse. It totally improves my quality of life keeping me energized, making me think more clearly and putting me in the happiest mood ever. Different medications work better for different people, but I very highly recommend Vyvanse."

rachrene (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 9, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 23 and have tried just about every ADHD medication out there. I've been on Vyvanse for some time now and it's great! I have energy, I can focus at work and school. It lasts the entire day and then some. The only drawback is you won't eat. You'll be hungry your stomach will growl but you can't eat. Sleeping is tough because it's a stimulant so I was put on sleep meds to help. You might have a jittery feeling and increased heart rate at first. It takes about an hour or so to kick in but it's a fantastic medicine. It's also very powerful. All you gotta do is NOT take it past 2pm at absolute LATEST or you'll lie awake forever in bed. Eat prior to ingesting because you won't eat later. It's great, try it!"

ADHD KID (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 4, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 33 and have struggled with ADHD for as long as I can remember. I was prescribed Vyvanse for the first time 6 months ago. I noticed a huge difference within just a couple days. Unlike Ritalin and Adderall, I'm not moody and it actually works the entire day. My focus and concentration has improved greatly and so has my quality of life. The only drawbacks are that I've noticed a decreased appetite and usually it takes an hour or two to "kick in". I don't take it on weekends to help avoid developing a tolerance (this was per my physician's advice) and I seem to be restless at night on days when I don't take it. But overall, Vyvanse has helped me more than any other ADHD medication I've ever been on. Strongly recommended!"

FL Sunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2013

For ADHD "We switched on the advice of the then new ADHD therapist. It took longer to "kick in" and build up than other meds we tried but it has been a God send. His grades are WAY up and he's not as hot or cold as he used to be. My only issues are he won't eat while on it...not even a tiny bite. Dr is keeping an eye on the weight. Also, to me, he's not himself. I don't like the flatness because his personality is so big! At least it wears off!"

D's Mama (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2013

For ADHD "Been on this medication for about three years now, has improved my quality of life so much!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 31, 2013

For ADHD "I am 17 and have been taking this since 8th grade. I was diagnosed because I would get into trouble all the time and when I first started taking it, it was great. I stopped getting into trouble and so on. Now, 4 years later I feel it is completely different. Rapid heart rate, anger, don't care mood, dizziness, but it still makes me focused. I'm tying to get off it, but making slow progression because I'm really ADHD, my friends concur. The crash after taking it for so long feels like dementia. I only take it on weekdays and could relate to insomnia because I getless than 30 hours of sleep a week. "

Jay Guidry May 24, 2013

For ADHD "Though told stories by family how ACTIVE I have always been, despite its' negative tone, I always thought "ACTIVE" was positive. Now 44 with 2 children, a husband, my 5 year old was diagnosed with ADHD. With her diagnosis, came mine. I take 40mg of Vyvanse in the morning and it allows me to focus in the way I have always strived to. With it, I achieve my goals more comfortably, but I make sure I eat before taking it, drink a lot of water and try to exercise. It is not a magic pill and it is still essential to use the coping strategies I developed from years of having to cope on my own. My only concern is my heart and blood pressure. Overall, this is a solid, good medication that allows for a more balanced life."

44yrs&finallyBalanced (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2013

For ADHD "I work in a call center and I was made aware of my hyperness and also that I was speaking way too fast to our customers on the phone. In reality I always knew I was a bit loud with my voice and with my actions. I was diagnosed with ADHD and placed on Vyvanse and to my surprise my world changed I am able to focus not just at work but in my life as well. I feel like every thing has been placed in order. Things make sence to me and I love the feeling. I am glad to have this medication in my life, and I don't see myself as ever going back to living the way I was."

Mrs. Barnes May 22, 2013

For ADHD "Vyvanse is great. It has a longer dosing window than Adderall XR (12 vs 8 hours for me) and a slightly improved side-effect profile. As a longtime (~16 years) prescription stimulant user, for ADHD, I would recommend Vyvanse to any user that is currently unsatisfied with their ADHD management. It is no silver bullet, but there are no silver bullets for ADHD. It is incremental innovation in a great way. Vyvanse is the first real stimulant to reduce side effects without cutting efficacy."

SpeedGuru May 14, 2013

For ADHD "I have just started using Vyvanse a couple days ago. Even though I haven't been on it for very long, I already notice some differences in my everyday life. Almost everything has changed for the greater good. The only bad thing I have to pick on is that I have experienced a multitude of side effects such as headaches, rapid heart beats, and dizziness. Other than that, I like Vyvanse so far. My opinion in the future may or may not change, but most likely not. The effects of Vyvanse are pretty immediate, for me at least. It has also come to my attention that some people don't notice any change sometimes."

Adog May 2, 2013

For ADHD "My 11 yr old daughter has taken Vyvanse for about 3 yrs now for her ADHD. She was taking Strattera for 2 yrs before that. We have had constant issues with anger, mood swings, and depression, on both medications but she seems to be able to focus better in school with Vyvanse. Here for the past few months it has gotten to where she says she feels out of control of her emotions and wants to die. All her doctors have done is increased her dosage, paired it up with Intuniv, and now have her on a mood stabilizer. We are waiting to see how this all goes. I do not know if Vyvanse is the problem, if ADHD meds are part of the problem, or if she has a different chemical imbalance that needs treated along with her ADHD."

Anonymous April 17, 2013

For ADHD "My 15 year old son stated taking a 50mg dose of Vyvanse last spring. We were elated with the initial response. His attitude and outlook improved greatly, and performance at school improved. His appetite dropped off too. After 6 weeks of taking daily doses he began vomiting. We ended up taking him off this medication because of the vomiting. "

Nate's Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2013

For ADHD "I am a 50 y/o f just recently diagnosed with ADHD. My 32 y/o was diagnosed just 2 or 3 yrs ago. I have always been forgetful, impatient, unable to focus, misplaced items, etc. I went back to college 2 1/2 yrs ago and did excellent, but it was very hard even though I studied and knew the material it was the same in HS. I realized something was changing in my ability to learn and saw a doc on adults w/ADD & ADHD, realized it was hereditary, got tested and BAM. I've been on the initial 30 mg a day for a month. I feel sure doc will increase the dosage due to how long it lasts. But, It's GREAT, completely changed my life. I have a small decrease in appetite, must take it early to negate insomnia otherwise, awesome med."

Salemgirl63 April 12, 2013

For ADHD "I am a high school student (10 grade). Today was my first day taking Vyvanse and I feel like a totally different person! I was very stressed about school because I couldn't concentrate and making bad grades isn't fun so it made me a little depressed. I noticed that I actually felt like doing work (never thought that would happen) and instead of finishing my episode of Teen mom 2 I was eager to do my homework instead! At night I got about an hour of sleep then was up for about 8 hours until it was time to go to school and I forgot to eat the whole day it's just food didn't sound good at all and it gave me so much energy especially because we had to run the mile at school and I ran it very fast because it changes your whole mindset."

Young nigga April 10, 2013

For ADHD "I have been diagnosed with ADHD since I was 6. I am now 26 years old and just 3 years ago I wanted to be retested just to make sure if I even still have ADHD as bad as I did when I was a kid and of course it hasn't toned down. I have taken Ritalon and it made me very angry at night and a zombie by day. I have also taken Adderral, which I like and maybe might switch back. Vyvanse really helps me focus gives me a positive attitude and more energy but I get the worst migraines at night every night. Ritalin gave me headaches as well and I can barely sleep. I thought maybe I needed a new mattress so I bought a great one and still waking up a thousand times a night. It has its pros and cons like everything else."

kimberly87 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2013

For ADHD "So far so good, I recently started Vyvanse and it has been wonderful I am really seeing a difference. The only side effect I have experienced is dry mouth and I did not drink enough water anyway so I have had a very positive experience."

matt8020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2013

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a kid. I've tried all sorts of medications, (two type of Adderall and I don't even remember what else). Around two years ago, my doctor decided to switch me to Vyvanse. It is effective, I won't lie, but the side effects make it less than desirable. I am a 17 year old on a 7 year old's dosage and it still causes me to have mood swings, become irritable and antisocial, and kills my appetite. If I happen to be stressed out, on my period, and on Vyvanse on the same time (both tantrums and objects will be thrown). I've taken to using it on an as needed basis. It's not as effective this way, and my doctor doesn't like it, but at least I can balance academics and a social life this way."

bubbly_when_unmedicated (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2013

For ADHD "I am a 23 year old female, recently diagnosed with ADD. Thanks to my amazing doctor, he discovered my problem was actually not anxiety (like I've been told my entire life), but actually ADD. Makes complete sense. Always been a horrible student, and have had to work my butt off in college. Vyvanse is amazing: gives me energy, do not have to nap every day, my thoughts and emotions are very thought out, have already improved in school. I actually hear people when they talk to me now! I am much more social, relaxed, and confident. I feel like myself with Vyvanse. Only downfall- makes me really tired when it wears off in the evening and I cannot drink more than 1 or 2 cups of coffee during the day, or else I get very anxious!"

Anonymous March 12, 2013

For ADHD "This worked amazing with my son. Our biggest problem was he didn't want to eat and lost a lot of weight."

Dom's mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2013

For ADHD "I was on Ritalin/Concerta since I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 6 (I am now 18). I switched to Strattera last September, and that was horrible, didn't do a thing for my ADHD. I went back on Concerta, but noticed it wasn't working as well. My psychiatrist switched me to Vyvanse 40mg in the morning, and I immediately noticed the benefits, 100% better than Concerta and 400000% better than Strattera. Only side effects is lack of appetite but I am welcoming that side effect because I also suffer from binge eating disorder. It helps my concentration immensely (I suffer with severe ADHD, to the point it's hard to have a conversation without zoning out and not listening). Vyvanse is a life saver!"

Austndale (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2013

For ADHD "My 7 year old was placed on this for ADHD. Although it did wonders for his academic progress as if a light was instantly turned on. His personality changed. He went from occasional outbursts to full blown temper tantrums, hitting, swearing. Like he was posessed by the devil. He couldn't sleep for days. Needless to say he is off it. We are now trying foclain. Not as many emotional problems. But not as focused. We'll hopefully find the right one."

Kentucky kid (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2013