User Reviews for Vyvanse (Page 9)

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 567 reviews 38 medications

7.8
Binge Eating Disorder 45 reviews 1 medications

7.7
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 612 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Vyvanse

For Binge Eating Disorder "Have taken 30mg daily since mid July. Up until this week I have been very pleased at how effectively it has stopped my binge eating. However this week it has prevented me from sleeping at night for 4 nights straight. Scary. Not sure how to stop taking it safely."

Mummajo October 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My experience on this drug started well but has dropped off and I'm looking for an alternative. The first couple of months I went from 20 mg in morning and another 20 in afternoon. I'm now at 70 and 40. My therapist rx'd Kapvay with it to help with irritability and quick reactions to situations. While it helped the combo was making my teeth feel like razor blades and I was getting abrasions on my tongue. I dropped the Kapvay and it has helped with the teeth but I'm now dealing with several cavities to get filled. Also having trouble issues with insomnia as I always feel like I need to be getting something done. Over the past couple of months I've probably had 5 instances in which I've gone close to 44 hours without sleep."

Dontwakedaddy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Binge Eating Disorder "Worked great for the first 2 months, now it does absolutely nothing. Maybe it was placebo during those 2 months. Better luck to anyone else."

Laney1 October 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Started on by vyvanse after I was diagnosed with ADD at an age of 19. I had been on Strattera to previously which worked well, but I was still a bit lathargic. The first few months were great, but as the doses started increasing I became delusional & physcotic. It go so bad at 40mg that I thought the mafia was coming to get me, but in reality it was just a car driving in front of my house. This drug ended up with me being sedated by the cops, and being placed in the psychiatric ward for a month. The withdrawals I got from this drug were horrible, I imagine it's what it's like to quit a harder recreational drug. I know this drug works great for some people, but not for everyone. I'd be vary cautious of vyvansae if you value your sanity."

Zach301 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Been taking the drug for 2 weeks. The dosage is 70. I have adult ADHD. The side effects I am experiencing are a slight head ache during sleep and I am experiencing insomnia. Probably need to check my blood pressure more often. I am not all that happy with current results."

Coffeejack October 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I'm 47 years old never did good in school but managed. My wife has been saying I am ADD and spoke to my doctor about it so after a few months of office visits, I go monthly he said he's been watching my responses and wrote me Vyvanse 30mgs. All I can say is WOW finally everything makes sense I get things done no late afternoon crash its fantastic !! I have social anxiety very bad and this miracle drug took it all away !! I'm on my second month and higher dose just to 40mgs and its perfect !! I actually hugged my doctor on the following visit and thanked him for finally turning my light switch on ! I can't say enough about this miracle drug Vyvanse !! Now I can look forward to a new day instead of dreading having to get out of bed !"

BigGlenn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Horrible effects on teeth. My teeth are literally falling out and disentergrating! I am scheduled to have full mouth implants."

Satsuma5 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "While Vyvanse worked relatively well for my ADHD symptoms, it did not last nearly as long as advertised. It only lasted about seven hours at best."

InfiniteBravery (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Vyvanse is hands down, in my opinion, the best ADHD medication out there. I was on Concerta from the ages of 7-13, then again from 20-21. I received genetic testing and it came back that my body doesn't metabolize Concerta very well. So the doctor gave me Adderall, which was too harsh with the come up and come down. Then made the switch to Vyvanse. Best decision. #1. You don't crash when you are on it. It has the smoothest come up and come down compared to Adderall and Concerta. #2. Vyvanse lasts a good 10-14 hours in the body #3. It has the longest duration of action #4. It has low addiction potential #5. It also is the only one that helps manage my binge eating disorder"

thebrogo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I was on Ritalin XR, but it felt like rat poisen too me. I was only remembering the ups and downs, and the short goodtime was not worth it. Yesterday I took my first Vyvanse (Elvanse (EU)) and I was in heaven for the first time in my life. Everything that has been my problems seemed to vanish to some extent, and it lasted the all day! I'm so happy right know. I'm sitting writing this 2 hours into my second dose (day), and the most fantastic feeling has already kicked in. I'm so amazed that I can't get it out loud enough. :) I have been late diagnosed ADHD at age 48. I have struggled all my life with lot of failing, and had to work twice as much as others too achieve my goals. I'm so thrilled now for what the future will bring for me!"

ADHDfreak (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Honestly it worked really well for me and even helped take away some of my anxiety (stopped racing thoughts) but I started off at a way too high dose and had trouble with insomnia and some dry mouth but I felt the effects after about an hour and it really does last all day."

Tasha.0 August 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My son was diagnosed with ADHD in 4th grade. Teachers described him as having "significant gaps" during the day. He'd zone out and get tapped on the shoulder to "return to earth." We tried meds but he's thin and lost too much weight. Also, he developed nervous twitching. He tried various meds but all had side effects. By 7th grade, he refused to take meds. We moved him to a Charter School for kids "with different learning styles." It was a good school but he was furious over being placed there and refused to go. He struggled all through high school getting mostly C's and D's even with accommodations. He's now starting freshman year at a junior college and has ASKED FOR MEDS! He will start taking 50mgs of Vyvanse. Fingers crossed!"

Mom of New College Student August 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have been slowly taking increasing doses of Vyvanse for recently diagnosed ADD. I've been on this particular stimulant for probably 6 months. I was increased from 50 to 60mg a week ago and am havging trouble w/ Insomnia, but will wait and see if it goes away. This is life changing for me as for the first time I was actually fired from a job I had for 9 years right after finding out my work issues were largely do to ADD, even though I advised them of my condition and that I would be improving. I am in a new job with an employer who is much more caring and I'm doing better now that I have found a medication to help me. By far positives of this medication outweight the negatives."

Mushl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have taken Adderall XR and Vyvanse. They both have a similar but not completely similar feeling when it comes to getting work done. But mainly my experience with Vyvance is quite good but not great. I take whenever I get up to go to school (6-6:30), and it takes an hour to kick in. I have been taking Vyvance for the last 4 years. It helps you focus a lot more than usual and it gives you the motivation to get work done. But the downside about it is that you feel depressed for a minute or anxiety, but after a couple of minutes you feel back motivated and happy. Also, I love that it gives you the mind clarity that I personally think everyone needs. Overall, my experience with Vyvance Is awesome. Btw I'm 15"

Mon D. August 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I've been on this medication twice in the past two years. First I was on focalin then vyvanse for about five months till I found out I was pregnant. It helps me a lot. I can focus a lot better but sometimes its hard to tell what I'll be focusing on. Sometimes its cleaning or sometimes its researching a very unimportant subject online."

Gabbycook2013 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have suffered with BED and bulimia for over 5 years and after feeling like I tried everything to control my eating, including spending hundreds of dollars on therapy, I discovered Vyvanse. I was very reluctant to try it as I did not want to become dependant on any type of medication, but I was at my wits end with my eating disorder. My Dr started me off with the smallest dose(30mg) and after taking the pill each morning I did not feel much different at all. But I gradually worked my way up to the highest dose(70mg) and I could not be happier with the impact it is making on my life. Food is something I no longer 'love' and then 'hate'. I now have a healthy relationship with food and it no longer controls my life. Sure I still over eat and crave junky food sometimes, but there's nothing wrong with that... I am human. The only downfalls for me is that if I don't take it early enough in the day it keeps me awake at night(effects last approx. 13hrs) and I can no longer smoke weed or drink coffee as Vyvanse gives me a touch of anxiety. I realize that Vyvanse could possibly only be a temporary fix for me, but now that my mind is not ALWAYS on food I have been able to focus on controlling my emotions that trigger my eating disorder. I am not giving it a 10 only because it does give me anxiety and is extremely expensive! Thanks for reading."

Dah91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "After two hours of taking this at 60 mg, I feel NOTHING! I have never been on any other ADHD meds except this one. I've only been prescribed this medication two months ago and doc told me to take it once a day, everyday. I never abused it and never will. I am an avid runner and I run 3 to 5 miles everyday ever since I was 16, now I am 30 years old. I am also a serious health conscious person. I know that this drug is to be metabolized in your liver before becoming active but I feel like this medication goes through me too fast, like drinking water! I get more benefits for my cognition problems with Brintellix! This might be one of those cases where I might be better on Adderral. I never experienced a crash on this drug."

weak. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "5th month on Vyvanse 30 mg which is on the lower dose end. This med has an awful crash. I exercise 4-6x a week. I eat very healthy. I stay busy. I read so many reviews about the same issue. I did reading about the "minimal" crash felt on this med and it is so scary how pharmaceutical companies try to set the med apart. For me it lasts 6 hrs and irritability increases. I think it's in-part tolerance. Mid afternoon, I get severely irritable, anxious, moody, sleepy, and agitated. It is so uncomfortable, I'm supposed to "up" my dose now...to see it last longer and my "crash" will start later"? "

Sensei205565 July 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have been talking Vyvanse for just a week. 40mg. The first 3 days I couldn't sit down. I cleaned my house and my parents. Not just cleaned but extra clean, like walls and moving furniture and everything. But now it has faded a little. I noticed right away that when I am doing stuff, its like I really concentrate and try perfection for everything. My appetite has been curved, but I still eat. But no where like I did before. So far I lost 4pds. It's been almost a week. I don't get any feeling of jitters, or that I'm taking speed. I feel normal, I just want to do stuff. I'm more social. I always stayed in my home, but now I just want to go out. It's very nice feeling. I have no problems sleeping either, but I also take it as soon as I wake up"

77H July 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I am a student who has used Vyvanse for the last few years. I am currently taking 40mg-50mg. When I first tried it, a couple side effects were annoying but it didnt last that long. When I was in High School, most of the day I felt like doing my work and getting stuff done, and it made me see the positive in things. And in college when I take it, especially on my days off, I get a lot of work done. I am not a very talkative person, but it made me feel like having nice conversations with people. In mid day, I am in a great mood, but sometimes it goes away every now and then. I dont feel like eating almost all day, but Its smart to eat breakfast before hand, and then dinner. I do have a small crash at the end of the day but it's worth it."

Nate M. July 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Binge Eating Disorder "This is my second week on vyvanse and all I can say is WOW!!!. The fact that I haven't thought about food all day long is a miracle. I've binged for around 36 years. I have gained and lost more weight than I care to mention. I hope anyone with BED finds help."

Vy Lance July 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have been taking this medicine since i was in the 6th grade! I am now 22 years old. This medicine made me feel like i could actually sit in class with out falling asleep or not being able to concentrate. It's a great feeling to actually get everything done. Yes it does cause dry mouth and you may not eat like you used to. However you have to make yourself eat something other wise you can cause your blood sugar to drop witch would cause headach and nausea. With time you do get used to the medicine and you will get your appitite back. I'm on 50mg. On days i dont take it im like a walking zombie i dont feel like doing anything i cant concentrate and i will most likely eat all day long. I'm more activie when i do take it! I love it !"

Anonymous July 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I'm writing a review to hopefully help others who haven't taken Vyvanse yet and want some information on what to expect. I felt REALLY uneasy and nervous prior to taking my first Vyvanse dose and it was honestly not worth the worry. I started at 40mg to help with my ADHD. I read lots of reviews how it makes you feel high and super active. I felt a little bit of a buzz but not high. It was just a pleasant feeling of happiness. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but mine wasn't extreme. I also felt like I had more energy, but not enough to obsessively clean my house like others that left reviews. Definitely take it early. It will keep you up otherwise. Only complaint so far!"

JennaBug (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Love this medicine! Tried all the others, Vyvanse definitely works the best. I stay on task, focused, more organized and been moving up in my field. 29 yr old female, 30mg dose. The only negative is if I don't take it for a day or 2 on the weekends then start again is at first it makes me real jittery and makes me go to the bathroom until my bowels are essentially cleaned out, but that's really not a bad thing. Also I love the way it curbs my appetite and keeps me around 115 lbs without even trying(I'm 5'3"). A very pleasant side effect!! I was on 70 mg a couple years ago but I was getting a little too skinny(stable around 106-108 lbs), so decreased the dosage."

HQ (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I am an older adult who started taking vyanese about three months ago. I had been feeling tired and had a hard time focusing on work. At night I would come home and did not feel like talking with my family. I didn't like interacting with people at work. This had been going on and developing for quite some time. (Over the course of about 10 years) i talked to my regular doctor and nothing, psychologists were worthless. After seeing a psychiatrist he prescribed me 30 mg of vyanese to take in the morning. What a difference this drug has made for me, able to focus, function better socially and just feel better. I'm 62."

Abletofunctionmuch better July 16, 2015