User Reviews for Vyvanse (Page 9)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD
7.8

Binge Eating Disorder
7.7

Summary of Vyvanse reviews 7.7 626 reviews

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "Just upped the dose to 50mg, this medicine works good as far as getting things done and having energy, the first time I took it I was really concerned about my school work and helps me stay on task. The only bad thing about it, for a few minutes at different times of the day this medicine makes me feel like it's wearing off and I feel down or kind of worried then it goes away. So my "happy" felling goes up and down throughout the day."

Anonymous December 19, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "It works wonders"

Meme918 December 15, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "This medication ruined me. When I was in my freshman year of high school I could see no point in living. I started taking this in the second grade and now it has literally no effect. I was failing all of my classes and I gave up on trying to go to college, this drug makes you think their are two yous, the medicine "normal" or the non medicated "annoying". The only reason doctors give this to people is to get money, scheduling appointments every 3 months."

Robertsshaw (taken for 10 years or more) December 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Did absolutely nothing for me. Even on the highest dose 70 mg. now taking Adderall 30 mg 2xday. Works only minimally. Now what."

suezq42 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Binge Eating Disorder "I've been talking the medicine for about a month. My first day I felt like I was high all day at work. This was the only time I felt like that though. I am amazed at how I no longer want to snack all the time. I can now walk by the snack table at work and not pick at it. It is great to not constantly thinking about food. But For About A Week Now I am feeling very anxious all The time but hoping it is temporary."

lortiz (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "This medication has changed my life. I didn't start taking it until I was 24 years old. I honestly thought it was hopeless trying to figure out my life. I kept failing college courses, struggled with my job, struggled with relationships. I genuinely thought I was stupid. Sounds dramatic, but that's honestly I how I felt. I just couldn't think or concentrate. Then I tried Vyvanse. I was really against stimulants or any type of drug that could be addictive. But, I'm SO grateful I tried it. I wouldn't be where I am today without it. I'm a nursing student with a 4.0. I have an amazing relationship and I enjoy my job. It's not a miracle drug, but it really helps me focus and do the things I know I can do. Definitely recommend it."

Believer2016 December 1, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I was officially diagnosed with ADHD around age 28 but it wasn't until 30 that I decided to try medication. I started with Vyvanse. Holy crap! It was amazing. I hadn't realized how much noise went on in my head until it was quiet. Then I could have linear thought patterns. For the first time ever my life started to come together. I could see tasks in processes, I could think clearly, I could manage my emotions. It was amazing. Then the side effects kicked in. My dr and I went through every other adhd medication there was and nothing helped. I did more research and found that my problem was that all of the medications use dyes which gave me flu like symptoms. Vyvanse uses the most dyes so made me the sickest. I now take it out of capsule."

Amalym November 24, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I have suffered from ADD/ADHD for all my life. I am currently 23 years old. I was on vyvanse (40 mgs, I am extremely sensitive to pills). I have tried about 5 different stimulant type medicines. Vyvanse really changed my life. I was able to transition from the food service industry to a Real Estate career. I got Mono, and had to stop the medicine while my body recovered. I really liked the way i felt off it. But i now feel as though my life is unmanageable. I don't like the feeling of being medicated so young with out any proof of long term effects, but i feel like i am drowning. I feel alone in my ADHD because its not something that people feel sympathetic toward. Vyvanse really changed that feeling."

Cassandra12345 November 20, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I started taking this about 7 months ago. I have never taken any prescibed medicine prior to this. I am 62. Was having problems focusing at work. Taking 30 mgs and don't want to increase. Sometimes will take a break on weekends like this weekend. Really helps with focus, memory and energy level. I don't notice any side effects. Hasn't effected sleep. I take at about 6:30 AM and it wears off by afternoon. It is pretty expensive because insurance doesn't cover and have to visit Dr. every month. If you are older and in good health and have ADD symptoms I suggest you look into this. Your body adjusts to it over the first couple months. The first time you take it you feel euphoric but that is not what you want. Keep taking small dose."

Older adult using November 15, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Binge Eating Disorder "Vyvanse has been a miraculous drug for me. I have binging/dieting/binging/dieting for the last 40 years. During my last diet I managed to lose 80 pounds and felt great, but almost as soon as I hit goal I started binging again, sometimes 6 days a week. Very quickly I regained 15 pounds. I ask my doctor about Vyvanse and he (rather reluctantly) prescribed it. Well, those endless obsessions about food are just gone. I don't worry about what I'm going to eat for my next meal. I've always had a problem with Thanksgiving, worrying about what I will eat WEEKS in advance. Only side effect is dry mouth."

Petra1981 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I had taken Adderal for years. 90mg daily. It was suggested by my psychiatrist to start taking the Vyvanse. I have really noticed a decrease in my energy level, and sometimes I struggle with motivation issues. I take 70mg daily. I sometimes have to check to make sure that I did remember to take it that day."

jrb3760 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Binge Eating Disorder "Update from my my April post...the drug is an absolute miracle that's saved me from the out of control eating and depression that consumed me every single day. Taking Vyvanse 50 mg helps me to never even think about food and plan binge evenings and weekends. In fact, I never want to eat large or small quantities of really bad foods at all anymore. I've lost all my binge weight! I hope to never go off the med for fear of my eating disorder returning. It is the only thing that's worked for me after years of therapy/treatment. Amazing!"

georgiagrl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "There are many positives such as motivation, and a brief period of content, but there are also many negatives.. rapid heartbeat/chest pains, weight loss, dizziness, dry mouth. When the medicine kicks in, i feel this amazing sense of being content.., no matter what I'm doing at the time i just feel happy, but soon feel an extreme sadness and despair when it wears off, because i wonder why i can't be happy anymore. I also become extremely irritable, anxious, and restless. I continue to take this medication ,because it helps me get things done and focus, but the negative impact is extremely hard on me, and effects my mental and physical health greatly. Most common side effects for me are chest pains, sadness, rapid mood change, headache, and loss"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD " Good. Concentration, happy, easy to talk to Bad: ECG showed it was bad for my heart, had to stop. Anxiety, afraid and didn't know why. Although it made me happy it felt fake and like I was a prisoner in my mind just pleasing others. I won't take it to please others. Meds basically free in my country after reaching over $300 cause third highest tax paying country in the world."

qqii (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Binge Eating Disorder "Have taken 30mg daily since mid July. Up until this week I have been very pleased at how effectively it has stopped my binge eating. However this week it has prevented me from sleeping at night for 4 nights straight. Scary. Not sure how to stop taking it safely."

Mummajo October 15, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "My experience on this drug started well but has dropped off and I'm looking for an alternative. The first couple of months I went from 20 mg in morning and another 20 in afternoon. I'm now at 70 and 40. My therapist rx'd Kapvay with it to help with irritability and quick reactions to situations. While it helped the combo was making my teeth feel like razor blades and I was getting abrasions on my tongue. I dropped the Kapvay and it has helped with the teeth but I'm now dealing with several cavities to get filled. Also having trouble issues with insomnia as I always feel like I need to be getting something done. Over the past couple of months I've probably had 5 instances in which I've gone close to 44 hours without sleep."

Dontwakedaddy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Binge Eating Disorder "Worked great for the first 2 months, now it does absolutely nothing. Maybe it was placebo during those 2 months. Better luck to anyone else."

Laney1 October 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Started on by vyvanse after I was diagnosed with ADD at an age of 19. I had been on Strattera to previously which worked well, but I was still a bit lathargic. The first few months were great, but as the doses started increasing I became delusional & physcotic. It go so bad at 40mg that I thought the mafia was coming to get me, but in reality it was just a car driving in front of my house. This drug ended up with me being sedated by the cops, and being placed in the psychiatric ward for a month. The withdrawals I got from this drug were horrible, I imagine it's what it's like to quit a harder recreational drug. I know this drug works great for some people, but not for everyone. I'd be vary cautious of vyvansae if you value your sanity."

Zach301 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Been taking the drug for 2 weeks. The dosage is 70. I have adult ADHD. The side effects I am experiencing are a slight head ache during sleep and I am experiencing insomnia. Probably need to check my blood pressure more often. I am not all that happy with current results."

Coffeejack October 10, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I'm 47 years old never did good in school but managed. My wife has been saying I am ADD and spoke to my doctor about it so after a few months of office visits, I go monthly he said he's been watching my responses and wrote me Vyvanse 30mgs. All I can say is WOW finally everything makes sense I get things done no late afternoon crash its fantastic !! I have social anxiety very bad and this miracle drug took it all away !! I'm on my second month and higher dose just to 40mgs and its perfect !! I actually hugged my doctor on the following visit and thanked him for finally turning my light switch on ! I can't say enough about this miracle drug Vyvanse !! Now I can look forward to a new day instead of dreading having to get out of bed !"

BigGlenn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Horrible effects on teeth. My teeth are literally falling out and disentergrating! I am scheduled to have full mouth implants."

Satsuma5 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "While Vyvanse worked relatively well for my ADHD symptoms, it did not last nearly as long as advertised. It only lasted about seven hours at best."

InfiniteBravery (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Vyvanse is hands down, in my opinion, the best ADHD medication out there. I was on Concerta from the ages of 7-13, then again from 20-21. I received genetic testing and it came back that my body doesn't metabolize Concerta very well. So the doctor gave me Adderall, which was too harsh with the come up and come down. Then made the switch to Vyvanse. Best decision. #1. You don't crash when you are on it. It has the smoothest come up and come down compared to Adderall and Concerta. #2. Vyvanse lasts a good 10-14 hours in the body #3. It has the longest duration of action #4. It has low addiction potential #5. It also is the only one that helps manage my binge eating disorder"

thebrogo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "I was on Ritalin XR, but it felt like rat poisen too me. I was only remembering the ups and downs, and the short goodtime was not worth it. Yesterday I took my first Vyvanse (Elvanse (EU)) and I was in heaven for the first time in my life. Everything that has been my problems seemed to vanish to some extent, and it lasted the all day! I'm so happy right know. I'm sitting writing this 2 hours into my second dose (day), and the most fantastic feeling has already kicked in. I'm so amazed that I can't get it out loud enough. :) I have been late diagnosed ADHD at age 48. I have struggled all my life with lot of failing, and had to work twice as much as others too achieve my goals. I'm so thrilled now for what the future will bring for me!"

ADHDfreak (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD "Honestly it worked really well for me and even helped take away some of my anxiety (stopped racing thoughts) but I started off at a way too high dose and had trouble with insomnia and some dry mouth but I felt the effects after about an hour and it really does last all day."

Tasha.0 August 25, 2015