User Reviews for Vyvanse (Page 9)

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 532 reviews 36 medications

7.9
Binge Eating Disorder 41 reviews 1 medications

7.5
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 573 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "At first I was a bit skeptical. This is my first time using any pill for ADHD. It took at least 2 hours to kick in, but when it did, I worked on 3 assignments non stop for 8 hours and my brain is still clicking. This really helped me!"

ZeroAttentionSpan (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "26y/o male 5'9 170lb taking vyvanse for 6-7 years. Started with 30mg now on 60mg. I had previously been given everything else for ADHD but nothing stuck long term. Vyvanse has helped, coupled with regular exercise and healthy eating habits. "

elit March 20, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "It works but I am taking low dose because it decreases appetite."

h83p4x (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2015

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I'm 17 years old and i have been taking vyvanse for 4 years now and i take 70mg. It works so well but the side effects are awful. My back, neck, and wrists hurt and i can't fall asleep and i have killer head aches and i have shortness of breath and i become socially awkward. Like typically im a very sociable person but when i take my meds i don't talk."

laurens20 March 3, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I'm on Vyvanse for ADD and social phobia. I also take 1 milligram of clonazepam, which helps with the anxiety stimulants may cause. In my experience, you'll crash and feel extremely anxious, depressed, and moody when taking anything less than 60 milligrams."

hockeyisthesport March 3, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I'm 19 years old and started taking 50mg Vyvanse today, being diagnosed with ADD. So far today, i haven't any problems focusing and actually WANT to get my work done. It did take around 2 hours to start working, but there were no jitters. I never thought ADHD or ADD was a problem of mine, but it does run in my family."

annohr (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I'm 42, highly successfully in my career and family life but always thought I had ADD or ADHD . I got decent grades in high school and college but always felt like it was a struggle and I would have to beat myself up for hours with guilt and fear of failure to produce even passing results. After 20 years, I've decided to actually do something about it. I tried both Adderall and Vyvanse and Vyvanse is superior because it's less harsh. I've benefited from it but it does make me anxious.. I take Ativan to help with that.. I'm also on Brintellix. I hate being on tons of meds but if I can increase my quality of life and be a better person it's worth it. "

Gmony February 22, 2015

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "LOVE IT. I took Strattera for 4 yrs but switched because of terrible nausea and anxiety. The first 3 months I had terrible migraines, lack of appitite & trouble sleeping. Keep taking it daily to give body time to adjust. No side effects now and huge HUGE improvement in work, concentration and motivation."

attagirlfromHTX (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2015

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "If you have social anxiety don't take more than 40 milligrams of Vyvanse because you'll be extremely anxious. I'd also suggest taking 0.25 milligrams of Klonopin in the afternoon to help with the moodiness and anxiety amphetamines cause as they wear off."

hockeyisthesport (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2015

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I'm 25 years old and was diagnosed with ADD when I was about 8 years old and also have a processing problem as well. This is the 2nd day I am on it and on 20mg (lowest dose). It takes a little while to kick in but when it does I do get a little jittery (which is a side effect); which only lasts a few minutes. I concentrate so much better with my online courses. when I was first diagnosed with ADD I was put on a medication that my mother said I wasn't the same person anymore and since then I was never medicated and struggled with the simplest things and also became depressed. If you have been diagnosed with ADHD/ADD I do suggest this for you and helps; with this med you aren't a zombie or foggy."

EMcG (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I have been on this med for 12 days, so far i haven't seen a difference, in fact I'm thinking my Dr gave me a placebo. I have been very tired and sleeping more. I have tried Dexedrine and Concerta which I feel, worked better, but was harsh. I hope in time I will see the benefits."

Joyik (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2015

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I can focus so much easier now, my thoughts are manageable and I can keep them straight in a way I never have before the only downsides are I am basically emotionless and it's difficult for me to let loose and have fun. Also another problem is when I miss a day I turn into a lunatic, like I am hyperactive, running on pure energy and unable to control what comes out of my mouth (thank God my teachers are cool!)."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2015

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "My son who is nine was just started on Vyvanse for ADD. He was not hyperactive just couldn't focus. We struggled with from preschool to third grade. Held him back in first that helped a little. Then third grade about killed him. Medications were my last resort. Scared me to death to put him on medicines, 100% difference. Teacher said it was like a fog lifted. I'm like wow. Decreased appetite only side affect. But not bad."

Olemissrbs (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2015

182 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Cannot get to sleep. Extremely angry / irritated when first get up."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2015

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I'm 19 years old 4'11, small-framed, and I weigh 85 pounds. I didn't notice a great change in weight when I stopped it for one whole summer when I was 11. I just gained 4 more pounds. Nonetheless, I'm not underweight, bulimic, or anorexic. I've always been thin and petite. I'm on 60mg of Vyvanse for ADHD currently, but I've been prescribed it for awhile. What can I say about this medicine? It's great! Yes, it suppresses the appetite a little, and sometimes I have to force myself to eat. This medication doesn't alter my personality oddly like Adderall. I'm still me, just more focused. My only complaint is that it mostly wears off in the evening when I need focus. I'm a singer too, so dry mouth is a side-effect that I could do without."

AliceKettle (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 20, 2014

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Vyvanse has changed my life, for the better. It gives me the motivation and confidence I need to complete tasks that otherwise would be daunting and unappealing. Talk to your doctor first to make sure you actually would benefit from it. The only down side is how expensive it can get if you're not covered."

av964 December 4, 2014

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Switched from Adderall to Vyvanse because I was experiencing negative side effects. Even on the smallest dose of Adderall I was anxious, had trouble with public speaking, and would have pretty bad mood swings. On Vyvanse I finally feel like a 'normal' person. My mom noticed a difference on the first day, and I no longer feel hopeless and discouraged while doing school work."

lch8 December 1, 2014

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I have ADHD since I was very young. I've been on numerous different medications for it - Adderall XR, Concerta, Strattera, etc. Out of them all, Vyvanse has had the best results. Vyvanse helps me focus, get things done, act my age, and think before I act. I can focus on one thing at a time, rather than twenty things at once. One thing I have noticed about Vyvanse is that it treats my ADHD but doesn't take away from my personality. In other words, it doesn't make me feel like a zombie. I would definitely recommend Vyvanse to anyone with legitimate ADHD!"

Caraxx November 22, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I'm 14 and diagnosed with ADHD when I was 4. But I started the 20mg medicine when I was 9. And I went from,F- to A's and B's in school."

Coolbro21 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2014

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "High schooler, last year failed with D's and F's now I have A's and B's across the board. I'm taking 30mg of Vyvanse every morning, and it has turned my schooling in a complete 100% success. Only negative thing I can say, I've been having very short tempers. Anything can make me go off, I had it before taking medication but now it's more common for me to get very faster. Other than that no complaints! For a school setting this medicine is amazing."

Dan97 October 27, 2014

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "Oh, if there was an 11, I would give Vyvanse this rating, if it was not for one side effect. But I am not 100% sure it is the Vyvanse. I have been having pretty bad chest pains since I started on Vyvanse a couple of months ago. I even went to the ER for an asthma attack. The trouble is, for the last few years (pre-ADHD diagnosis and any meds) I have been slowly growing into adult onset asthma. So it's tough even for the doctors to tell if it's from the asthma or the Vyvanse! The ER doc said no, Vyvanse shouldn't cause chest pains, so did my psychiatrist (who I trust and really respect). Long story short--I LOVE VYVANSE!! Has given me my life whole new meaning. I am the best version of myself. My whole entire extended family notices!"

mustlovefood October 5, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I've been almost 3 years taking 30mg. Initially, it was sporadical. Now I just need it daily to function properly. Until one year ago I took Lexapro 10 mg Xanax 1 or 2 mg/day. Now I had to increase Xanax to 4mg per day and sometimes Rohypnol to try to get some sleep. I feel really depressed and it's getting worse, also easily angry, that didn't occur when I took Lexapro but my psychiatrist didn't think it was necessary to take it any longer. I have to make major efforts to overcome suicidal thoughts. Have awful tremors and recently a unusual chest pain."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2014

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I have been on Vyvanse for 2 months now and started at 30mg. That did nothing at all. Then upped it to 40mg. I have headaches constantly, no appetite and constant mood swings. I'll go from happy to crying to just plain mean within minutes. If I'm not having mood swings then I'm pretty much emotionless. I also have manic depression and a severe anxiety disorder. Vyvanse has done nothing but make my depression and anxiety worse, and now causing maritial problems. "

Wife mother and full time job (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2014

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I've tried so many medications that really did nothing for me except give me more mental problems. When I started on Vyvanse, I felt invincible. If you've ever watched the movie limitless, that's exactly how it feels! There was this short period of time that I took a break every now and then, do not do that! It made me chronically bipolar but I've started up on it and it really is the best medication you could have. If you wish to get off of it, I suggest you do so slowly and on days you don't have it, drink caffeine. It took me 6 months to not have that addictive feeling, now I'm back on it because I'm going back to school. It's up to you to say whether the side effects out way the epic benefits. It took me a while to figure that out. Good Luck!"

Klaude September 9, 2014

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For ADHD "I was not officially diagnosed with ADD until I was 30yrs old. I have been on Vyvanse for over 10 yrs now. I have had to increase my amount from 30 to 50 and have now been at 60 for over a year now. Sometimes I feel it causes irritability, but other than that only dry mouth. It has definitely helped with my attention disorder. It initially made me lose 10lbs and then leveled out. I have always been athletic except when my chronic pain is too bad. My son has ADHD and took Concerts for about 2 yrs. It helped tremendously with his anger and outburst and his grades. I only wish that my parents had me tested when I was younger as we did for my son. It would have taken away a lot of heartache! My daughter never suffered thankfully."

Niern (taken for 10 years or more) August 14, 2014