User Reviews for Vyvanse (Page 9)

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 483 reviews 36 medications

Binge Eating Disorder 28 reviews 1 medications

7.9
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 511 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "I didn't get diagnosed with ADHD until 7th grade. The switch from elementary school to middle school just dramatically failed. My mom always wondered if I had it but I guess just convinced herself I didn't until 7th grade. I went, fell asleep from not having interest in a dark room all by myself with a computer that I had to press a button whenever the small dot in the middle turned to a triangle for 2 hours. Anyways. I started on Adderal taking 20mg 3 times a day, increasing by 10mg every semester up until sophmore year. My doctor recommended Vyvanse because I hated taking so many pills so many times a day. Bottom line is I am on 80mg of Vyvanse and 30mg of Adderal/day. VYVANSE IS A MIRACLE!"

emie_13 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2013

For ADHD "My name is Sydney and I'm 17 junior in high school. I started Vyvnase in Feb. this year. I started out on 30 mg, then went up every ten mg and now im prescribed 60mg. In the first week I was using Vyvanse I noticed a huge difference in everything. I could focus so much more on every thing. Comparing my 1st semester and 2nd semester of high school last year, I had an F and failed one class and had mostly B's and C's. My second semester of last school year when I started taking the Vyvanse my grades increased amazingly. Almost all A's and B's. Since I suffer from ADD, Vyvanse has made such a great impact on my life."

Sydknee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2013

For ADHD "I stated taking Vyvanse on July 18, 2013. Stated off at 30 mg and worked my way up to 60 mg. the medicine has changed my life in a GREAT way! The only bad part is when it starts to wear off I begin to get moody again... I wish it'll last a bit longer!!!! But overall... Thank you Vyvanse!!!!!!"

ADHD Wife and Mommy of 2! November 10, 2013

For ADHD "this is my first day taking it, but i am calm and focused, just like i always imagined normal people are. 10 stars!"

ryanwilliams540 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2013

For ADHD "My 9 y/o daughter was taking this. Started on a 30 MG dose then we kept moving up to 50. The 50 only seemed to make her aggressive at home with her sister and acting odd. Her school also commented that she has not change AT ALL even with the increase in dosage. This is the first ADD medication we have taken so maybe its not the one for her but, frustrating never the less."

Not working... (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2013

For ADHD "My son is 10 and I have known for a long time he had inattentive ADHD, but his school didn't want to help me get a diagnosis, and I was trying to tell myself he didn't have it. He changed schools this year, now a 5th grader, and I happened to ask his teacher how his attention and focus was. He was unfocused during the day. They did a time on task and it showed he was 40% more off task than his peers during different times in the day. His teacher and I filled out the normal forms which ask how unfocused rating 1-5 etc. and our answers were near identical. His doctor saw the info and sure enough, an ADHD diagnosis. He was put on 20mg Vyvanse just this week, and he seems so much more focused!"

Kiddo78 (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2013

For ADHD "I wasn't a hyperactive kid. I have a high IQ (not bragging- just got genetically lucky there), so no one ever thought I had ADD, including me. However, looking back I never could get homework done on time. My backpack, school binder & bedroom were always a mess. As an adult I learned many organizational skills, but continued to struggle terribly with lack of motivation, focus & enjoyment in life, despite living in abundant material comfort. When I started taking 30mg of this a day at my doctor's urging, it was as if a bright light flooded what had previously only been utter darkness in my brain for 30 years. There's no "buzz" to this medicine. It's simply a means to reaching a more positive mindset that I thought I was barred from forever."

Lizzie80 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2013

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "When it comes to stimulants Vyvanse was the greatest one I've ever taken. I could do tasks and talk to people I even started jogging every day. It wore off nicely so I wouldn't get anxiety. After upping my dose to 40mg I started over thinking everything and eventually had full blown anxiety attacks at work (embarrassing). I was bummed about that because I really liked them. Great for those who want a stimulant that gradually wears off."

Roofie91 (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2013

For ADHD "Most awesome medicine I've ever been prescribed. I can focus, I am not irritable. I feel like I have a life now. Thank you Vyvanse."

Kepling85 September 13, 2013

For ADHD "My child is young teen girl with autism or Asperger's, recently diagnosed with ADHD due to impulsivity. Very bright and attentive normally but trouble with transitions, outbursts, interrupting, slow processing speed, getting agitated and not being able to calm down, lack of awareness of surroundings, misunderstanding others' signals, sensory overload. Responding well to Vyvanse 30mg. Easier transitions, speaks more fluently without stammering, less agitated, less angry, much more cooperative and calm, able to converse without interrupting or changing topics, happier, feels better about self. Side effects are dizziness with exertion worst when changing position from sitting to standing, needs more sleep, mild headaches, weight loss."

alv September 4, 2013

For ADHD "I LOVE this, wish they had higher doses. I am way more effective and way more responsive at work and at home. I was worried about being dependent on it but it gave me my life back, plus I'm now sleeping better and feeling more rested."

miggyrios September 3, 2013

For ADHD "I am a 43 yo mom of 2 (3 if you count my husband). I can't stress enough how much Vyvanse has completely changed my life. I was diagnosed with ADD after my oldest received her diagnosis about 10 yrs ago. I've tried Adderall, Concerta, & the like and even on high doses, NEVER experienced the clarity & energy I've gotten on just 20mg of Vyvanse. I've just started taking it 2 weeks ago & wish I had discovered this medicine years ago! The only issue is that this week I titrated up to 30mg and have noticed some irritability, so I think I'll go back to the lower dose. Love, love, LOVE my new lease on life thanks to Vyvanse!"

Used to be scatter-brained... (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 29. I was first diagnosed when I was in the second grade. I first started being medicated when I was 11. Doctors tried Ritalin and I was maxed out then I was switched to Desoxyn then Adderall as a pre-teen then Strattera and Effexer. I stopped taking my meds then after my father passed away I lost it and my mother had heard about NEW miracle ADHD medicine. She begged me to talk to my therapist about it. My therapist was on board as well so I mentioned it to my psych. I have been taking Vyvanse for 4 years. I wish it was around when I was a child. Growing up wouldn't have been so hard. Thank you so very much Vyvanse."

Andrea83 August 30, 2013

For ADHD "26 y/o female who was diagnosed with ADHD at 15. My parents chose not to treat it with medication. As an adult in college- I got made fun of in good humor by friends about how much I studied. I couldn't concentrate, remember, mind wander and jump to something else & hyper. Tried Adderall instant and XR. My husband said both made me mean and irritable. Plus I lost 10 pounds before our wedding (already underweight). It increased my anxiety, I hated it. My psychiatrist switched me to Vyvanse 30mg. Wow! No mood swings, no appetite changes, can concentrate, less anxiety because it evens me out. I feel alive and normal!"

ldd13 August 22, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 17 and been on Vyvance for about two years. I had always had a really hard time paying attention in class and getting any kind of work done, so my mom took me to the Dr and he diagnosed me with severe ADD. He put me on Strattera and I was good on it, until they upped my dosage. I'm normally a really happy, easy going person, do not get mad easily AT ALL, but on the Strattera, I was moody and was having nightmares, couldn't sleep. So he put me on Ritalin. It was the same as the Strattera, moody, nightmares, and the added increased heart rate. So finally, the Dr said he was going to try Vyvanse. I was really scared because of the past experiences, but I tried it. I slept, felt good, and am able to focus!"

Kitten-chan August 22, 2013

For ADHD "I have ADD not ADHD.. I'm not hyper.. But, my grades were so low I barley had a chance of passing my sophomore year, but I noticed I had such a hard time concentrating all these years and always just tried forcing myself to concentrate but it never really did work.. So we went and got tested and I had a lot of tests done on me and my brain, actually.. And the hypothalamus in my brain was not working correctly and was not sending many signals to my nervous system.. And that was the cause of ADD.. My doctor then prescribed my Vyvanse and the first day I was on it I was overly concentrated and very mixed up... My eyes felt huge and I felt like I was tripping to be honest.. But after I got used to it I got 80s and 90s in my classes and passed:)"

Cammieeee August 11, 2013

For ADHD "I cannot stress enough how thankful I am for this medication. I had always been a very smart kid but my drive and focus would come in very short bursts if I was interested otherwise I could not have cared less. I was prescribed 30mg of Vyvanse initially and that was upped to 50mg which I have been taking for over a year now. My grades went from a 3.2 GPA to a 4.0 within a semester. I excelled at work. I am a more alert driver. Like everyone else has said, I feel as if my thoughts are all organized the way they always should have been and I am finally able to catch up on life, which always seemed out of reach. I strongly prefer this medication over Adderall IR which I tried. There are no negative side effects except insomnia."

Hoosiergal007 July 20, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 11 and I take it. Before I got in trouble a lot, but now I'm fine."

Yoshirocks July 17, 2013

For ADHD "I started taking Vyvanse 2 weeks ago and it has helped with my focus, patience, anxiety and depression. My doctor tells me I have a mix of ADD/ADHD so he prescribed me on 50mg. I am worried though about all of these side effects I have been hearing about that could happen. The only side effects I have gotten is bruising easily and loss of appetite in which i force myself to eat because I end up feeling like I will pass out. Other than that I highly recommend vyvanse!"

DarkMusician July 11, 2013

For ADHD "I have realized after my child started taking Vyvanse, her grades improved dramatically! She is able to concentrate and pay attention to what is going on instead of being confused. This medication has been working great for her and we have not had to up the dosage. It was very scary at first, however, it turned out to be a great decision."

MOMtoADHDchild (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2013

For ADHD "My 5 year old son was prescribed Vyvanse as his first medication after being diagnosed with ADHD-combined type and we've seen a huge difference in his attitude already. He is so polite, much calmer (but not zombied), still has his personality and is active. He's become more aware of his surroundings and how to treat others around him appropriately. I can't wait for school to start again to see how well his social relationships will improve now that he's undergoing treatment. Side effects the first few days were not nice to watch but he adjusted and is doing awesome. No insomnia or appetite loss either, and he has no complaints; it's perfect for him!"

LannaBanana July 9, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I adore Vyvanse. It totally improves my quality of life keeping me energized, making me think more clearly and putting me in the happiest mood ever. Different medications work better for different people, but I very highly recommend Vyvanse."

rachrene (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 9, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 23 and have tried just about every ADHD medication out there. I've been on Vyvanse for some time now and it's great! I have energy, I can focus at work and school. It lasts the entire day and then some. The only drawback is you won't eat. You'll be hungry your stomach will growl but you can't eat. Sleeping is tough because it's a stimulant so I was put on sleep meds to help. You might have a jittery feeling and increased heart rate at first. It takes about an hour or so to kick in but it's a fantastic medicine. It's also very powerful. All you gotta do is NOT take it past 2pm at absolute LATEST or you'll lie awake forever in bed. Eat prior to ingesting because you won't eat later. It's great, try it!"

ADHD KID (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 4, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 33 and have struggled with ADHD for as long as I can remember. I was prescribed Vyvanse for the first time 6 months ago. I noticed a huge difference within just a couple days. Unlike Ritalin and Adderall, I'm not moody and it actually works the entire day. My focus and concentration has improved greatly and so has my quality of life. The only drawbacks are that I've noticed a decreased appetite and usually it takes an hour or two to "kick in". I don't take it on weekends to help avoid developing a tolerance (this was per my physician's advice) and I seem to be restless at night on days when I don't take it. But overall, Vyvanse has helped me more than any other ADHD medication I've ever been on. Strongly recommended!"

FL Sunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2013

For ADHD "We switched on the advice of the then new ADHD therapist. It took longer to "kick in" and build up than other meds we tried but it has been a God send. His grades are WAY up and he's not as hot or cold as he used to be. My only issues are he won't eat while on it...not even a tiny bite. Dr is keeping an eye on the weight. Also, to me, he's not himself. I don't like the flatness because his personality is so big! At least it wears off!"

D's Mama (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2013