User Reviews for Vyvanse (Page 9)

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 476 reviews 36 medications

Binge Eating Disorder 26 reviews 1 medications

7.9
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 502 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "My child is young teen girl with autism or Asperger's, recently diagnosed with ADHD due to impulsivity. Very bright and attentive normally but trouble with transitions, outbursts, interrupting, slow processing speed, getting agitated and not being able to calm down, lack of awareness of surroundings, misunderstanding others' signals, sensory overload. Responding well to Vyvanse 30mg. Easier transitions, speaks more fluently without stammering, less agitated, less angry, much more cooperative and calm, able to converse without interrupting or changing topics, happier, feels better about self. Side effects are dizziness with exertion worst when changing position from sitting to standing, needs more sleep, mild headaches, weight loss."

alv September 4, 2013

For ADHD "I LOVE this, wish they had higher doses. I am way more effective and way more responsive at work and at home. I was worried about being dependent on it but it gave me my life back, plus I'm now sleeping better and feeling more rested."

miggyrios September 3, 2013

For ADHD "I am a 43 yo mom of 2 (3 if you count my husband). I can't stress enough how much Vyvanse has completely changed my life. I was diagnosed with ADD after my oldest received her diagnosis about 10 yrs ago. I've tried Adderall, Concerta, & the like and even on high doses, NEVER experienced the clarity & energy I've gotten on just 20mg of Vyvanse. I've just started taking it 2 weeks ago & wish I had discovered this medicine years ago! The only issue is that this week I titrated up to 30mg and have noticed some irritability, so I think I'll go back to the lower dose. Love, love, LOVE my new lease on life thanks to Vyvanse!"

Used to be scatter-brained... (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 29. I was first diagnosed when I was in the second grade. I first started being medicated when I was 11. Doctors tried Ritalin and I was maxed out then I was switched to Desoxyn then Adderall as a pre-teen then Strattera and Effexer. I stopped taking my meds then after my father passed away I lost it and my mother had heard about NEW miracle ADHD medicine. She begged me to talk to my therapist about it. My therapist was on board as well so I mentioned it to my psych. I have been taking Vyvanse for 4 years. I wish it was around when I was a child. Growing up wouldn't have been so hard. Thank you so very much Vyvanse."

Andrea83 August 30, 2013

For ADHD "26 y/o female who was diagnosed with ADHD at 15. My parents chose not to treat it with medication. As an adult in college- I got made fun of in good humor by friends about how much I studied. I couldn't concentrate, remember, mind wander and jump to something else & hyper. Tried Adderall instant and XR. My husband said both made me mean and irritable. Plus I lost 10 pounds before our wedding (already underweight). It increased my anxiety, I hated it. My psychiatrist switched me to Vyvanse 30mg. Wow! No mood swings, no appetite changes, can concentrate, less anxiety because it evens me out. I feel alive and normal!"

ldd13 August 22, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 17 and been on Vyvance for about two years. I had always had a really hard time paying attention in class and getting any kind of work done, so my mom took me to the Dr and he diagnosed me with severe ADD. He put me on Strattera and I was good on it, until they upped my dosage. I'm normally a really happy, easy going person, do not get mad easily AT ALL, but on the Strattera, I was moody and was having nightmares, couldn't sleep. So he put me on Ritalin. It was the same as the Strattera, moody, nightmares, and the added increased heart rate. So finally, the Dr said he was going to try Vyvanse. I was really scared because of the past experiences, but I tried it. I slept, felt good, and am able to focus!"

Kitten-chan August 22, 2013

For ADHD "I have ADD not ADHD.. I'm not hyper.. But, my grades were so low I barley had a chance of passing my sophomore year, but I noticed I had such a hard time concentrating all these years and always just tried forcing myself to concentrate but it never really did work.. So we went and got tested and I had a lot of tests done on me and my brain, actually.. And the hypothalamus in my brain was not working correctly and was not sending many signals to my nervous system.. And that was the cause of ADD.. My doctor then prescribed my Vyvanse and the first day I was on it I was overly concentrated and very mixed up... My eyes felt huge and I felt like I was tripping to be honest.. But after I got used to it I got 80s and 90s in my classes and passed:)"

Cammieeee August 11, 2013

For ADHD "I cannot stress enough how thankful I am for this medication. I had always been a very smart kid but my drive and focus would come in very short bursts if I was interested otherwise I could not have cared less. I was prescribed 30mg of Vyvanse initially and that was upped to 50mg which I have been taking for over a year now. My grades went from a 3.2 GPA to a 4.0 within a semester. I excelled at work. I am a more alert driver. Like everyone else has said, I feel as if my thoughts are all organized the way they always should have been and I am finally able to catch up on life, which always seemed out of reach. I strongly prefer this medication over Adderall IR which I tried. There are no negative side effects except insomnia."

Hoosiergal007 July 20, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 11 and I take it. Before I got in trouble a lot, but now I'm fine."

Yoshirocks July 17, 2013

For ADHD "I started taking Vyvanse 2 weeks ago and it has helped with my focus, patience, anxiety and depression. My doctor tells me I have a mix of ADD/ADHD so he prescribed me on 50mg. I am worried though about all of these side effects I have been hearing about that could happen. The only side effects I have gotten is bruising easily and loss of appetite in which i force myself to eat because I end up feeling like I will pass out. Other than that I highly recommend vyvanse!"

DarkMusician July 11, 2013

For ADHD "I have realized after my child started taking Vyvanse, her grades improved dramatically! She is able to concentrate and pay attention to what is going on instead of being confused. This medication has been working great for her and we have not had to up the dosage. It was very scary at first, however, it turned out to be a great decision."

MOMtoADHDchild (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2013

For ADHD "My 5 year old son was prescribed Vyvanse as his first medication after being diagnosed with ADHD-combined type and we've seen a huge difference in his attitude already. He is so polite, much calmer (but not zombied), still has his personality and is active. He's become more aware of his surroundings and how to treat others around him appropriately. I can't wait for school to start again to see how well his social relationships will improve now that he's undergoing treatment. Side effects the first few days were not nice to watch but he adjusted and is doing awesome. No insomnia or appetite loss either, and he has no complaints; it's perfect for him!"

LannaBanana July 9, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I adore Vyvanse. It totally improves my quality of life keeping me energized, making me think more clearly and putting me in the happiest mood ever. Different medications work better for different people, but I very highly recommend Vyvanse."

rachrene (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 9, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 23 and have tried just about every ADHD medication out there. I've been on Vyvanse for some time now and it's great! I have energy, I can focus at work and school. It lasts the entire day and then some. The only drawback is you won't eat. You'll be hungry your stomach will growl but you can't eat. Sleeping is tough because it's a stimulant so I was put on sleep meds to help. You might have a jittery feeling and increased heart rate at first. It takes about an hour or so to kick in but it's a fantastic medicine. It's also very powerful. All you gotta do is NOT take it past 2pm at absolute LATEST or you'll lie awake forever in bed. Eat prior to ingesting because you won't eat later. It's great, try it!"

ADHD KID (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 4, 2013

For ADHD "I'm 33 and have struggled with ADHD for as long as I can remember. I was prescribed Vyvanse for the first time 6 months ago. I noticed a huge difference within just a couple days. Unlike Ritalin and Adderall, I'm not moody and it actually works the entire day. My focus and concentration has improved greatly and so has my quality of life. The only drawbacks are that I've noticed a decreased appetite and usually it takes an hour or two to "kick in". I don't take it on weekends to help avoid developing a tolerance (this was per my physician's advice) and I seem to be restless at night on days when I don't take it. But overall, Vyvanse has helped me more than any other ADHD medication I've ever been on. Strongly recommended!"

FL Sunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2013

For ADHD "We switched on the advice of the then new ADHD therapist. It took longer to "kick in" and build up than other meds we tried but it has been a God send. His grades are WAY up and he's not as hot or cold as he used to be. My only issues are he won't eat while on it...not even a tiny bite. Dr is keeping an eye on the weight. Also, to me, he's not himself. I don't like the flatness because his personality is so big! At least it wears off!"

D's Mama (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2013

For ADHD "Been on this medication for about three years now, has improved my quality of life so much!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 31, 2013

For ADHD "I am 17 and have been taking this since 8th grade. I was diagnosed because I would get into trouble all the time and when I first started taking it, it was great. I stopped getting into trouble and so on. Now, 4 years later I feel it is completely different. Rapid heart rate, anger, don't care mood, dizziness, but it still makes me focused. I'm tying to get off it, but making slow progression because I'm really ADHD, my friends concur. The crash after taking it for so long feels like dementia. I only take it on weekdays and could relate to insomnia because I getless than 30 hours of sleep a week. "

Jay Guidry May 24, 2013

For ADHD "Though told stories by family how ACTIVE I have always been, despite its' negative tone, I always thought "ACTIVE" was positive. Now 44 with 2 children, a husband, my 5 year old was diagnosed with ADHD. With her diagnosis, came mine. I take 40mg of Vyvanse in the morning and it allows me to focus in the way I have always strived to. With it, I achieve my goals more comfortably, but I make sure I eat before taking it, drink a lot of water and try to exercise. It is not a magic pill and it is still essential to use the coping strategies I developed from years of having to cope on my own. My only concern is my heart and blood pressure. Overall, this is a solid, good medication that allows for a more balanced life."

44yrs&finallyBalanced (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2013

For ADHD "I work in a call center and I was made aware of my hyperness and also that I was speaking way too fast to our customers on the phone. In reality I always knew I was a bit loud with my voice and with my actions. I was diagnosed with ADHD and placed on Vyvanse and to my surprise my world changed I am able to focus not just at work but in my life as well. I feel like every thing has been placed in order. Things make sence to me and I love the feeling. I am glad to have this medication in my life, and I don't see myself as ever going back to living the way I was."

Mrs. Barnes May 22, 2013

For ADHD "Vyvanse is great. It has a longer dosing window than Adderall XR (12 vs 8 hours for me) and a slightly improved side-effect profile. As a longtime (~16 years) prescription stimulant user, for ADHD, I would recommend Vyvanse to any user that is currently unsatisfied with their ADHD management. It is no silver bullet, but there are no silver bullets for ADHD. It is incremental innovation in a great way. Vyvanse is the first real stimulant to reduce side effects without cutting efficacy."

SpeedGuru May 14, 2013

For ADHD "I have just started using Vyvanse a couple days ago. Even though I haven't been on it for very long, I already notice some differences in my everyday life. Almost everything has changed for the greater good. The only bad thing I have to pick on is that I have experienced a multitude of side effects such as headaches, rapid heart beats, and dizziness. Other than that, I like Vyvanse so far. My opinion in the future may or may not change, but most likely not. The effects of Vyvanse are pretty immediate, for me at least. It has also come to my attention that some people don't notice any change sometimes."

Adog May 2, 2013

For ADHD "My 11 yr old daughter has taken Vyvanse for about 3 yrs now for her ADHD. She was taking Strattera for 2 yrs before that. We have had constant issues with anger, mood swings, and depression, on both medications but she seems to be able to focus better in school with Vyvanse. Here for the past few months it has gotten to where she says she feels out of control of her emotions and wants to die. All her doctors have done is increased her dosage, paired it up with Intuniv, and now have her on a mood stabilizer. We are waiting to see how this all goes. I do not know if Vyvanse is the problem, if ADHD meds are part of the problem, or if she has a different chemical imbalance that needs treated along with her ADHD."

Anonymous April 17, 2013

For ADHD "My 15 year old son stated taking a 50mg dose of Vyvanse last spring. We were elated with the initial response. His attitude and outlook improved greatly, and performance at school improved. His appetite dropped off too. After 6 weeks of taking daily doses he began vomiting. We ended up taking him off this medication because of the vomiting. "

Nate's Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2013

For ADHD "I am a 50 y/o f just recently diagnosed with ADHD. My 32 y/o was diagnosed just 2 or 3 yrs ago. I have always been forgetful, impatient, unable to focus, misplaced items, etc. I went back to college 2 1/2 yrs ago and did excellent, but it was very hard even though I studied and knew the material it was the same in HS. I realized something was changing in my ability to learn and saw a doc on adults w/ADD & ADHD, realized it was hereditary, got tested and BAM. I've been on the initial 30 mg a day for a month. I feel sure doc will increase the dosage due to how long it lasts. But, It's GREAT, completely changed my life. I have a small decrease in appetite, must take it early to negate insomnia otherwise, awesome med."

Salemgirl63 April 12, 2013