User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss (Page 6)

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

"I am Type 1 diabetes with food issues. My weight has increased yearly to 50 lbs overweight and recently my insulin requirements were increasing rapidly and still no control over blood sugar. I have been on Victoza for just over a week and have had fantastic results pretty much immediately. I am slowly increasing dose to avoid side effects and it is working. My appetite is gone and food doesn't have any control over me. I lost 5 lbs in a week and blood sugar is great! I've also noticed another benefit - I used to drink alcohol most days and I have no desire to drink. I feel great and would say the only side effect I am having is a slight difficulty in urinating - it takes longer to empty my bladder. I love this medicine!"

Wiesie (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

"I've struggled with my weight for years, I am a total binge eater at night. My doctor first brought up Victoza and I was really hesitant to take it (the whole injection thing scared me), but honestly it's not bad at all! You just have to pinch your skin wherever you're administering the medication and you won't feel anything. The needle used is I think a 38g which is SUPER small. No bruising or anything around the site of injection. This is my second week on it, and I've already lost 5lbs. I haven't experienced any side effects, I did get a little nauseous the first two days but it wasn't anything that was so horrible I couldn't continue. I don't have any problems binge eating, it's great! I hope to see more results in the next few weeks!"

Thalia289 June 28, 2016

"My experiences seems similar to Ptmazeik's review. Days 1 and 2 were fine but Day 3 - oh boy. I took my shot at 5pm and I have to admit, I was excited. I was prescribed Victoza for weight loss. I imagined my extra weight just falling off. But the side effects were not worth it. On my 3rd night I was awoken by a butterfly 'wobble' spreading up my chest, arms and head. I thought I was having a heart attack. It was an intense nauseating feeling. It lasted for 13 hours. I couldn't sleep, I was frightened and I didn't know what to do. I eventually found milk would ease my symptoms and that excessive acid was a part of what was happening. 27 hrs had passed from my shot and I felt fine. Utter relief. Wont take it again. I did lose 3lbs ;)"

thfcme (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

"Middle age stinks. In the last 5 years my weight and blood pressure became also uncontrollable. My last doctor visit I weighed in at my heaviest. 201# and being 5'7" was categorised has obese. Plus my blood pressure was sky high. Dangerously high. My doctor told me about Saxenda. Well my insurance company would not cover it. So the doctor's office called in an RX for Victoza. I started the injections May 3rd. I followed the dosing schedule and increased the dose every 7 days. I continue to take the 1.8mg dose. I have lost 31 pounds since May. My blood pressue is now normal even abit low. I feel like I have my life back."

SpookyRN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2016

"Dr.prescribed Victoza 3 mo. ago for weight loss, which was affecting my health. High BP, arthritis in knee, low thyroid, weight was 183 lbs. Loved it, no side effects, loss 40 lbs. But , just recently all at once, got headaches, lightheaded, unbearable pains in stomach, anxiety, fast heart beating, I thought I was going to die. I stayed up until 4:00 am, I felt out of control from all the anxiety. Thank God I had some Xanax! I love the weght loss results, however I don't ever want to experience that terrifying experience of feeling like I was going to die. Ithe was that frightening, I stopped the next day!"

Ms. Ann (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

"I've been taking victoza for about 6 months I started at 180 pound and I am now 130 at first I was very nauseous, but that subsided I do still get stomach aches though."

Kivi2016 May 2, 2016

"I've been on it for a month and I'm up to 3ml. I had a lot of trouble during the month with eating, and I was very nauseous in the beginning. I was eating about 1-2 times a day but that started to wear off the 2nd week at 3ml and I'm back to 3 meals a day. I've lost 12lbs this month and I have to admit I was not as diligent with my nutrition and exercise as usual. If this works as well with partial doses and a diet not nearly as clean as usual, this gives me hope. Looks like I can finally reach my weight loss goals!"

CdnWarrior April 12, 2016

"I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) years ago. Last year, I was referred to a doctor that specializes in this disease; at the time I first met him, I weighed a whopping 387 pounds (I%u2019m 5%u201910%u2019%u2019). Of course, the first thing he told me was that my PCOS would get better if I lost weight. I was totally discouraged! I told him that I was very active and had been on EVERY diet%u2026 nothing seemed to work. I was so frustrated and asked if there was anything he could do to jump start my weight loss from a medical stand point. This is when he told me about Victoza and about the study that demonstrated that individuals suffering from PCOS, not from Type 2 diabetes, had lost weight on this medication... I now weigh 275 pounds :)"

MarieQC April 7, 2016