User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss (Page 6)

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

"I've been on it for about two weeks and I started at around 310 lbs and my usual weight is around 285 and even that was too high for me at 6'2". Anyway I feel full all the time to the point where I feel a lack of hunger but I haven't weighed myself lately and I don't know if my belt size has reduced. Maybe it has but I do feel a change for the good. I'll keep on this path because I feel more confident and want to see where this goes."

Craig wuttunee December 22, 2016

"I started taking this on Nov 3rd, 2016 for weight loss at the suggestion of a new Dr. I am not prediabetic but over 100 lbs overweight. Age 46 I went back for my follow up on 12/12/2016 and had lost 13 lbs. I did experience nausea the first few days. This medicine reduced my appetite. Rating 8 out of 10 because I'm still early in the process. Will report back"

Andi T (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

"Started this med on 11/18/2016, Nausea, headache, and sleepy. I have been on the borderline for over ten years. Annual physical, u must take off 40-60 pounds, diet and exercise I could only remove 25. The first week down 7 lbs. Appetite is completely gone, have to force myself to eat and drink. Take more naps, drink more smoothies, hard time emptying bladder...Overall, sleep better, feel lighter and clothing bigger. However, it has only been about two weeks. Me and personal trainer start workout next week."

Chappelle November 28, 2016

"I stared taking the sister medicine of victoza which is saxenda OMG for the first week at 0.6 I was very nauseated, diarrhea, constpation and abd pain. I stopped taking then 3 weeks later she prescribed victoza the first week was fine no S&S the second week everything hit me at once nausea, and pain, diarrhea, and constpation I stopped taking it. It has been 5 days and I'm still ill the constpation is horrible along with still being nauseated. When will this go away and oh the belching will not let me sleep! I will not recommend this medication to anyone. I will never take it again!"

Nauseatedx10 October 3, 2016

"Stops the hunger craze..have lost 20 lbs in 3 mths..no side effects..best wt.loss drug i have tried."

Leeanie September 24, 2016

"Started taking Victoza, a week ago 0.6, after injection I feel slightly nauseous..it pass and then I became full.of energy, I had to move so I walk 3 miles a day, my energy last all day, and my appetite has completely disappeared, I make myself eat, and dry mouth is another symptom for me, so that encourages me to drink more water..my fibromyalgia is in remission, wen medication wears off, I have muscle aches, but I also have low vitamin D, I don't think I will be taking this forever or everyday I started last week at 162, I am now 156, my BMI.is at 150..so when I reach my goal I will do once a week for maintains."

Steffen38 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

"I've been on the drug for about 10 months. Lost 46 lbs. I find that it no longer supresses my appetite. In talks with my doctor we have decided to come off the drug for 2 months. See how my weight is and go from there. Not sure if/when I start to take it again it will again supress my appetite. Time will tell. I exercise regularly - 5 to 6 times a week. I had absolutely no side effects. 6 months in doctor did all the blood work tests. He was extremely pleased with the results. Good luck"

Daslt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

"I have PCOS diabetes and tons of pain in my body every day. Victoza, since I have been put on it a week ago I have lost 18 pounds, my appetite has been suppressed drastically no other side effects except for feeling great that I'm finally losing weight after over 5 to 6 diet tries for years this is the only thing that has help me so far I'm so thankful for this medication for the doctor allowing me to try it out!!"

Rachlynn (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

"Follow up...I'm about 1week and 3 days in and I have lost 12.2lbs! I can notice that my appetite is suppressed but no crazy headaches or other side effects. Today I battled with constipation so I will increase my fiber. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the results and will try and incorporate some exercises to maximize my results! Stay tuned! #victoza"

TrayD35 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

"After many years of steadily gaining I topped out at 330 lbs. I wanted the bypass surgery but family was not on board. After changing doctors and seeing a new Endo, she suggested victoza and I am very grateful. I just came back from my 3 week follow-up and so far I've lost 14 pounds. My appetite has subsided and there are many times where I know I'm hungry but I just can't eat. Terrible gas and diarrhea so I need to be careful from eating fruit and too much cereal. Portion control is easy because I cannot finish the plate anyway. I went up to the full dose mistakenly the end of the first week and that was not good. I went back to the middle dose and I will challenge the higher dose in a couple of weeks. Good stuff. Happy."

Charlie59charles787694 August 26, 2016

"i am using victoza about 6 weeks and its a magic medicine, i am taking .6 every morning and my appetite is under control, i am really watching my diet and healthy controlled portions helped me to loose 14Kg in 6 weeks.. facing the side effects Nausea, dizziness,but it worth facing it because i am really fed up of my wight problem, i don't have to use Insulin injection any more.. and my sugar levels are between 115 - 140 fasting and 160-190 after meal.. I will continue with Victoza..."

Peace71 August 1, 2016

"I am Type 1 diabetes with food issues. My weight has increased yearly to 50 lbs overweight and recently my insulin requirements were increasing rapidly and still no control over blood sugar. I have been on Victoza for just over a week and have had fantastic results pretty much immediately. I am slowly increasing dose to avoid side effects and it is working. My appetite is gone and food doesn't have any control over me. I lost 5 lbs in a week and blood sugar is great! I've also noticed another benefit - I used to drink alcohol most days and I have no desire to drink. I feel great and would say the only side effect I am having is a slight difficulty in urinating - it takes longer to empty my bladder. I love this medicine!"

Wiesie (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

"I've struggled with my weight for years, I am a total binge eater at night. My doctor first brought up Victoza and I was really hesitant to take it (the whole injection thing scared me), but honestly it's not bad at all! You just have to pinch your skin wherever you're administering the medication and you won't feel anything. The needle used is I think a 38g which is SUPER small. No bruising or anything around the site of injection. This is my second week on it, and I've already lost 5lbs. I haven't experienced any side effects, I did get a little nauseous the first two days but it wasn't anything that was so horrible I couldn't continue. I don't have any problems binge eating, it's great! I hope to see more results in the next few weeks!"

Thalia289 June 28, 2016

"My experiences seems similar to Ptmazeik's review. Days 1 and 2 were fine but Day 3 - oh boy. I took my shot at 5pm and I have to admit, I was excited. I was prescribed Victoza for weight loss. I imagined my extra weight just falling off. But the side effects were not worth it. On my 3rd night I was awoken by a butterfly 'wobble' spreading up my chest, arms and head. I thought I was having a heart attack. It was an intense nauseating feeling. It lasted for 13 hours. I couldn't sleep, I was frightened and I didn't know what to do. I eventually found milk would ease my symptoms and that excessive acid was a part of what was happening. 27 hrs had passed from my shot and I felt fine. Utter relief. Wont take it again. I did lose 3lbs ;)"

thfcme (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

"Middle age stinks. In the last 5 years my weight and blood pressure became also uncontrollable. My last doctor visit I weighed in at my heaviest. 201# and being 5'7" was categorised has obese. Plus my blood pressure was sky high. Dangerously high. My doctor told me about Saxenda. Well my insurance company would not cover it. So the doctor's office called in an RX for Victoza. I started the injections May 3rd. I followed the dosing schedule and increased the dose every 7 days. I continue to take the 1.8mg dose. I have lost 31 pounds since May. My blood pressue is now normal even abit low. I feel like I have my life back."

SpookyRN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2016

"Dr.prescribed Victoza 3 mo. ago for weight loss, which was affecting my health. High BP, arthritis in knee, low thyroid, weight was 183 lbs. Loved it, no side effects, loss 40 lbs. But , just recently all at once, got headaches, lightheaded, unbearable pains in stomach, anxiety, fast heart beating, I thought I was going to die. I stayed up until 4:00 am, I felt out of control from all the anxiety. Thank God I had some Xanax! I love the weght loss results, however I don't ever want to experience that terrifying experience of feeling like I was going to die. Ithe was that frightening, I stopped the next day!"

Ms. Ann (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

"I've been taking victoza for about 6 months I started at 180 pound and I am now 130 at first I was very nauseous, but that subsided I do still get stomach aches though."

Kivi2016 May 2, 2016

"I've been on it for a month and I'm up to 3ml. I had a lot of trouble during the month with eating, and I was very nauseous in the beginning. I was eating about 1-2 times a day but that started to wear off the 2nd week at 3ml and I'm back to 3 meals a day. I've lost 12lbs this month and I have to admit I was not as diligent with my nutrition and exercise as usual. If this works as well with partial doses and a diet not nearly as clean as usual, this gives me hope. Looks like I can finally reach my weight loss goals!"

CdnWarrior April 12, 2016

"I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) years ago. Last year, I was referred to a doctor that specializes in this disease; at the time I first met him, I weighed a whopping 387 pounds (I%u2019m 5%u201910%u2019%u2019). Of course, the first thing he told me was that my PCOS would get better if I lost weight. I was totally discouraged! I told him that I was very active and had been on EVERY diet%u2026 nothing seemed to work. I was so frustrated and asked if there was anything he could do to jump start my weight loss from a medical stand point. This is when he told me about Victoza and about the study that demonstrated that individuals suffering from PCOS, not from Type 2 diabetes, had lost weight on this medication... I now weigh 275 pounds :)"

MarieQC April 7, 2016