User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss (Page 4)

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

"I have been on Victoza since Feb 15 and to date I have lost 41 pounds. I am 57 years old. I did not have a lot of the side effects that the medicine can cause. I try and eat high in protien lower in carbs and sugar. That seems to work for me. I treat myself once a week to ice cream or something of that nature. I still have a lot of pounds to go but I feel so much better, I have fibromyalgia and diabetes. My goal is to get off metformin and manage thru diet and exercise. Much love everyone.....Rosie"

Rosie E May 21, 2017

"I have been taking this for 2 months and have not lost any weight. Haven't had any side effects but it's not helping with weight loss. Anyone else have this experience. Started out on 0.6mg and moved up to 1.2mg three weeks ago and still nothing. Only problem I have is extremely bad constipation"

Isabel540 May 17, 2017

"I started on May 1 and upped the dose from .6 to 1.2 ml in a week. I felt dizzy, severe headache, and couldn't eat. I'm assuming this was from very low blood sugar? I went off it totally for a week to get back to normal and now started back 3 days ago on .6 ml again. I feel slight headache and can't eat again. Haven't noticed weight loss yet. Does anyone else feel this bad and is the weight loss coming?"

Getting depressed (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

"I have been on it for a month or so. The nausea is awful at night for me. I lost 20 pounds in just a few weeks because I could barely eat anything at all. My appetite was nil. All food looked horrible to me and I couldn't imagine it would fit in my stomach because I felt so full all the time. I don't think this is a healthy amount of weight to lose in such a short time. I started at 160 lbs and down to 140lbs. My insurance covered the med it it's entirety."

DLyo May 16, 2017

"I read that Victoza is the exact same drug as Sandexa. Sandexa is just a higher dose. I just started Victoza for weight loss and have no side effects yet. I will keep you posted. My insurance covers it and my co-pay was about $70. There is a site that helps pay for Victoza. I am waiting for a card they will send."

Lahaina Lizard (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

"I have been using Victoza for 3 weeks with a no carb diet.. I have lost 3 kg.. I didn't experience a serious side effects however I am thinking to stop using it as I read about its relation with pancreas cancer"

Wish1986 May 8, 2017

"Just started Victoza for weight loss and to lower my a1c and for weight loss. Just upped my dose today to 1.6. So far, so good. First day: diarrhea and a slight headache with a little nausea. I haven't noticed any difference yet in this higher dose as compared to the smallest dose. Still have diarrhea and a little nausea. Surprisingly, I have much more energy than usual. Love that and the fact that on my 5th day I have already lost 6 pounds! I have no complaints as of now. I hope it stays this way and the weight loss continues. Will post as I get further into it."

anya40 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

"My doctor prescribed Victoza to me exactly 5 weeks ago today. I have lost 8 lbs. in 5 weeks. I have been eating right and watching how much I eat and I've only lost 8 POUNDS! I am very disappointed that I haven't lost more as most of the reviews I've read say most people have lost more. I also do not find the side effects worth the 8lb. weight loss. Victoza is not for me."

PCOS May 4, 2017

"I was on a 2 month plateau after losing 50 lbs. I started about 200lb and am now down 13lbs to 187. No side effects after 1st week. On 1.2mg."

Catmommers (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

"First of all I am not diabetic. I have been injecting Victoza for 1 month with "no" loss of appetite. I started injecting .6mg for 3 weeks and 1.2mg for the past week. I am 290 lbs. and have been on a weight plateau for over 2 weeks loosing only 1.6 pounds. At 74 years of age, I'll be over 80 before I reach my goal of 250 lbs. I am sedentary, eating only 1,400 calories a day. I know, "eating more to loose more." It doesn't work for me. Question: Can Victoza not work for some people because of their metabolism?"

PleePlee (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2017

"My Dr was giving me samples of Saxenda. I had it for 2 months and lost ten pounds and felt better than I have in YEARS. She ran out of Saxenda and switched me to Victoza that she did have and I feel like garbage. Nausea, gas, belching, acid reflux, trapped gas under shoulder blades. I can barely function. I just want back my Saxenda. Anyone else have this issue? I wish my insurance would just pay for the damn Saxenda."

EmmyP123 April 29, 2017

"Victoza is all the things everone says. Burping, Nausea, Sleepiness No food cravings oh yeah and you lose your appetite and tons of weight and so much more. That was my goal... I am down 20 lbs in 4 weeks. I will suck it up so I can for once take something that will actually help me lose this awful weight and rid me of this Diabetes nightmare. One thing I can say is, it is not for whimps."

Sarah Sarah April 25, 2017

"After reading hundreds of reviews I was very nervous about the side effects and I'm gonna be completely honest there the worse I've ever known I've never felt so ill in my life BUT it did only last 5 days on 0.6 and 2 days when I doubled to 1.2 so stick with it if it's getting you down I promise it is worth it!!!! I take my dose at 11am and find I can eat fairly normally throughout the day until about 6pm then I have a tiny dinner and feel full to the brim also I am finally getting a full night sleep as I'm not up every hour needing the toilet. Today I had my review and I'm over the moon I've lost 16lb with no effort at all... I highly recommend "

Hayley1985 April 25, 2017

"I started Victoza exactly 4 weeks ago. I have felt nauseous from time to time but generally feel worse if I eat more than I needed. I can easily feel very full eating 700-800 calories a day. I haven't had any other side effects except that I have way more energy than before which is wonderful for someone who has fibromyalgia and is always tired!! The inches are melting away and I'm so happy to have lost 11.5lbs, it's amazing! After unexplained weight gain of 77lbs over the course of a year this is just what I needed. 1 month in and 1/6 of the weight I need to lose has already gone - if you haven't already, give it a go."

K-Jane (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

"Hi I wanted to give another update. My last update was on March 22nd. Today made 5 weeks and 3 days on victoza and I am down 26lbs. I'm still eating healthy, hardly any appetite and haven't started any kind of exercise program yet. I have had no side effects other then light heartburn that i take an over the counter medication for. I have to say I am pleased so far with my results and look forward to the future."

NanaD2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2017

"I started the victosa 20/3/17 I have been taking it for a few weeks now was on 0.6 and now I have increased to 1.2 I had some side effects like nausea and constant sulphur burps they calmed down after about a week I am over 10 pounds down in nearly 3 weeks and also feel full throughout the day and night :)"

Emz 1 April 9, 2017

"I just started on 0.6 victoza two days ago. No side effects whatsoever. Feel great. But I feel full all the time - not just full but stuffed. I aim to lose 125lbs.. I'll keep you posted."

Gal175 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

"I started a two week trial of Victoza prescribed by my Dr on 3/8/17. I was nervous about giving myself injections as well as the side effects. I started at 0.6 but after no side effects I increased my dose on my own to 1.2. I lost 8 lbs after 9 days but it kept fluctuating 1-2 lbs. I grew skeptical and started to believe this was too good to be true. After a 30lb weight gain in the last 7 months from stress eating, my appetite was finally under control so I continued with the injections. My insurance appvd the drug and last week my dose was increased to 1.8. Today is April 3, and without diet or exercise, I am down 12.5 lbs (in about 3 1/2 weeks). I'm excited and can't wait to reach my goal weight of 165 lbs. Good luck!"

Faithful-E (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

"5'4 start weight 251 lbs. Started Victoza March 8, 2017 and lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I was put on this medicine because I was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I also have a thyroid disorder that I've been dealing with the pass 10+ years and have had difficulty with weight loss. It slightly decreases my appetite but I am still hungry. I don't forget to eat, I just don't have the constant hunger. Most of the time I don't even feel the needle stick. When I do feel it, it's painless. In the first 2 weeks, I may have had some heart burn or acid reflux type symptoms but that was only for a couple of days and not severe, very minor. I haven't exercised in the two weeks since starting because of another issue but will start back this week."

TeeBee125 March 26, 2017

"Hi, following up.from my post on 3/14/17. So I started victoza on 3/6/17 which was 2 weeks and 1 day ago as of today, I went to the dr today and have lost 15lbs. I have no side effects and am on 10 (clicks) of the pen. I still have no desire to eat and have to make myself. Still having to find things that I want to eat. I've had the same things I posted early. Chicken, lean beef, lots of veggies, no carbs and lots of fruit and water (when I eat). I can excited to see what the next 2 weeks bring."

NanaD2 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

"I tried Victoza 0.6 a few months ago, had severe dizziness 24/7; stopped. Wanted to try it again, as I have to lose weight and am insulin resistant. This time started at 0.3 (5 clicks). Had the headaches (head, neck), burping + some nausea, but stuck w it for 3+ weeks before moving up to 0.6. After 2+ wks of 0.6, I'm now at 0.9, largely w/o side effects except constipation. My endocrinologist says the best weight loss is at 3.0, but at 0.9, I'm absolutely seeing wt loss (6 lbs in a month) and noticing distinct lack of hunger. I'm cautiously giving it a rating of 8, because it still beats amphetamine-like appetite suppressants. If you have trouble, start very low and take your time moving up; so far, I believe it's worth it."

movin' south (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

"I started victoza on 3/6/17 and have had a great experience so far. No side effects and it suppresses my hunger all day, I have to make myself eat and it doesn't take much to fill me when I do. I just don't want food and have had to find certain things that I can actually eat and like because it just doesn't taste the same anymore. I am drinking plenty of water though. I'm excited to see how much weight I can lose with this along with watching what I eat. No carbs, lots of greens and fruits I do allow myself 3 to 4oz of chicken or lean beef aday."

NanaD2 March 13, 2017

"I started Victoza 0.6mg on 03/04/17. I have experienced severe nausea, and have vomited twice in the first week. I just increased the dose to 1.2, and the nausea has only gotten worse. I am down 5lbs in the first week. I would like to continue for a month to see if the side effects lessen, other wise will not be able to continue."

Tammy20 March 12, 2017

"I just started Victoza yesterday. I have only felt sleepy about mid afternoon. Not sure if that is a part of side affect or not. I can tell you I woke up this morning and have not be hungry in the least. However; knowing I need to have something I forced myself to have a salad for lunch. I became very sleepy after eating. I am drinking a lot of water. I hope to see a significant reduction in weight especially since I'm up to close to 300 lbs although, it doesn't really show that I would be that heavy. I am very hopeful, and I also am watching my carbs. The reviews of some I have read have encouraged me. Looking for a new me with in the next couple of weeks and months. I have only given a rating of 1 since I have just started."

Queen Diva7 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

"I'm just starting on .6. I've been on it for 2 days and I've already noticed the total lack of desire for food. My goal is only 25 lbs. so I'm combining it with the gym 3-4 days a week. I'll certainly come back in a few weeks to keep you all posted. Good luck to all."

Mother of 4 in SC (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017