User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss (Page 4)

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

"So I started the injections 3 days ago and I'm already down 5 lbs. I'm not necessarily overweight however I have significant thyroid issues and I am Limited on medications due to cardiac issues. After reading the reviews of the side effects I was skeptical however I have had mild nausea on the .6 dose and it has decreased my appetite however I never had one to start with. Shall see if that changes in a week when I increase the dose."

EllenB209 July 1, 2017

"My husband is diabetic and takes Victoza. He has lost a substantial amount of weight since he has been on it and he eats CONSTANTLY! We have had to buy him a whole new wardrobe. I went to the Doc last week and I am pre-diabetic and have been on Metformin for about a year. The Doc suggested I take Victoza to help me lose weight and bump my A1C on down. I started out at 1.2 mg dose and so far I just feel a little nausea when my blood sugar drops. I just eat a little something or pop a hard candy into my mouth and the feeling goes away. I have only been taking the shot for 4 days but I have already lost 3lbs. I will check back after a few weeks with an update."

JAS77 June 26, 2017

"The side effects are everything that has been described. For me headache stomach ache (mild) but with each dose increase they return and then subside as my body adjusts to the dosage. Very tired but can't sleep more than 6 hours. But the real success 21 lbs in three weeks..amazing. I am also following intermittent fasting (16/8) with this, only small amount of carb 25g in the morning and then fruits veggies and protein for the remainder of day. Blood sugar better. NOTHING ELSE has worked for me. I love Victoza!!!"

Waterlilie (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

"Hi, it's me again just giving an update. I've got a few post and I'd like to continue to post my experience throughout this process. My last post was 5/15. I went back to my Doctor on 6/15 and was down another 9lbs with a total of 45lbs since I started taking victoza on 3/6/17. I'm still eating the same things, still no side effects, and I am still very much happy with this product. Until next time..."

NanaD2 June 18, 2017

"Started victoza about 6 weeks ago after increasing weekly to 1.2 oh boy was I belching and it smelled like eggs!! Couldn't eat much and was ok with that but I've tried skipping meals in the past and that didn't help my weight loss journey so I've tried to eat at least 2 meals daily I eat a low sugar 2 carb daily limit and attend cardio classes at the gym twice weekly. My blood sugar levels are good but I've not lost much weight -- down about 8 pounds was hoping for more but will keep at it! Going to slowly increase to the last dose to see if that helps! Fingers crossed !!"

Hopeful gal June 11, 2017

"I'm 58 and have always struggled with my weight, thyroid and other issues. I have been on Victoza for about a month and lost eight pounds. I admit much of that is because I have no appetite. That makes it easy for me to make healthy choices when I do eat. One thing that I have noticed is that Victoza definitely slows down the bowels. I think it's imperative to up the liquid intake. Because of the bowels I think it's difficult to really gauge the weight loss. I go down a pound and up two the next day etc. I think taking measurements or trying on an old pair of jeans is more accurate in seeing the real weight loss. I can tell my health is improving and I feel like if I'm patient this will get me to my goal weight of 155. 32 more to go."

DeanneNovak (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

"I started Victoza just over 3 weeks ago and I have had no side effects whatsoever. I feel great and am losing weight, and for the first time in my life I've experienced feeling full and satisfied. I've never had that feeling before. I've felt full (after eating much more than when on this drug) but never satisfied. It was a remarkable feeling. I've had a great experience and I hope to continue as I've a lot to lose. However, I do fear the potential for pancreatic cancer and will do more research on this."

MiniMe49 June 1, 2017

"Hi, I would like to share my story with you, I am a 29 year old Female from South Africa, Extremely overweight. I started my weight loss journey on the 23 May 2017. Weight Started: 90 Kg – 23/05/17 Current Weight: 83.4Kg – 01/06/17 Weight lost: 6.4Kg – 8 days Goal Weight: 60 Symptoms were extremely mild, Slight nausea and vomiting."

weightloss-zn (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2017

"I'm going on my second week now. I had some burping and an over full bloated feeling that seems to have subsided. I also had a lil nausea at times but not bad. I had to force myself to eat the first week as well. Nothing sounded good. This coming Tuesday I go up to 1.8 dose. I though I was just imagining not being hungry because I like to eat but the fullness and over all lack of interest in food is awesome. Haven't weighed myself yet because I don't want to be discouraged, it's only been 2 weeks. Going to stick it out here's a tip, I bought Gas ex for the belching and tummy gas it helped a lot. Also don't eat late at night because what u eat is really slow to digest and it will keep u up at night. I do my shot at around 2 pm daily."

Zeledon May 21, 2017

"I have been on Victoza since Feb 15 and to date I have lost 41 pounds. I am 57 years old. I did not have a lot of the side effects that the medicine can cause. I try and eat high in protien lower in carbs and sugar. That seems to work for me. I treat myself once a week to ice cream or something of that nature. I still have a lot of pounds to go but I feel so much better, I have fibromyalgia and diabetes. My goal is to get off metformin and manage thru diet and exercise. Much love everyone.....Rosie"

Rosie E May 21, 2017

"I have been taking this for 2 months and have not lost any weight. Haven't had any side effects but it's not helping with weight loss. Anyone else have this experience. Started out on 0.6mg and moved up to 1.2mg three weeks ago and still nothing. Only problem I have is extremely bad constipation"

Isabel540 May 17, 2017

"I started on May 1 and upped the dose from .6 to 1.2 ml in a week. I felt dizzy, severe headache, and couldn't eat. I'm assuming this was from very low blood sugar? I went off it totally for a week to get back to normal and now started back 3 days ago on .6 ml again. I feel slight headache and can't eat again. Haven't noticed weight loss yet. Does anyone else feel this bad and is the weight loss coming?"

Getting depressed (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

"I have been on it for a month or so. The nausea is awful at night for me. I lost 20 pounds in just a few weeks because I could barely eat anything at all. My appetite was nil. All food looked horrible to me and I couldn't imagine it would fit in my stomach because I felt so full all the time. I don't think this is a healthy amount of weight to lose in such a short time. I started at 160 lbs and down to 140lbs. My insurance covered the med it it's entirety."

DLyo May 16, 2017

"I read that Victoza is the exact same drug as Sandexa. Sandexa is just a higher dose. I just started Victoza for weight loss and have no side effects yet. I will keep you posted. My insurance covers it and my co-pay was about $70. There is a site that helps pay for Victoza. I am waiting for a card they will send."

Lahaina Lizard (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

"I have been using Victoza for 3 weeks with a no carb diet.. I have lost 3 kg.. I didn't experience a serious side effects however I am thinking to stop using it as I read about its relation with pancreas cancer"

Wish1986 May 8, 2017

"Just started Victoza for weight loss and to lower my a1c and for weight loss. Just upped my dose today to 1.6. So far, so good. First day: diarrhea and a slight headache with a little nausea. I haven't noticed any difference yet in this higher dose as compared to the smallest dose. Still have diarrhea and a little nausea. Surprisingly, I have much more energy than usual. Love that and the fact that on my 5th day I have already lost 6 pounds! I have no complaints as of now. I hope it stays this way and the weight loss continues. Will post as I get further into it."

anya40 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

"My doctor prescribed Victoza to me exactly 5 weeks ago today. I have lost 8 lbs. in 5 weeks. I have been eating right and watching how much I eat and I've only lost 8 POUNDS! I am very disappointed that I haven't lost more as most of the reviews I've read say most people have lost more. I also do not find the side effects worth the 8lb. weight loss. Victoza is not for me."

PCOS May 4, 2017

"I was on a 2 month plateau after losing 50 lbs. I started about 200lb and am now down 13lbs to 187. No side effects after 1st week. On 1.2mg."

Catmommers (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

"First of all I am not diabetic. I have been injecting Victoza for 1 month with "no" loss of appetite. I started injecting .6mg for 3 weeks and 1.2mg for the past week. I am 290 lbs. and have been on a weight plateau for over 2 weeks loosing only 1.6 pounds. At 74 years of age, I'll be over 80 before I reach my goal of 250 lbs. I am sedentary, eating only 1,400 calories a day. I know, "eating more to loose more." It doesn't work for me. Question: Can Victoza not work for some people because of their metabolism?"

PleePlee (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2017

"My Dr was giving me samples of Saxenda. I had it for 2 months and lost ten pounds and felt better than I have in YEARS. She ran out of Saxenda and switched me to Victoza that she did have and I feel like garbage. Nausea, gas, belching, acid reflux, trapped gas under shoulder blades. I can barely function. I just want back my Saxenda. Anyone else have this issue? I wish my insurance would just pay for the damn Saxenda."

EmmyP123 April 29, 2017

"Victoza is all the things everone says. Burping, Nausea, Sleepiness No food cravings oh yeah and you lose your appetite and tons of weight and so much more. That was my goal... I am down 20 lbs in 4 weeks. I will suck it up so I can for once take something that will actually help me lose this awful weight and rid me of this Diabetes nightmare. One thing I can say is, it is not for whimps."

Sarah Sarah April 25, 2017

"After reading hundreds of reviews I was very nervous about the side effects and I'm gonna be completely honest there the worse I've ever known I've never felt so ill in my life BUT it did only last 5 days on 0.6 and 2 days when I doubled to 1.2 so stick with it if it's getting you down I promise it is worth it!!!! I take my dose at 11am and find I can eat fairly normally throughout the day until about 6pm then I have a tiny dinner and feel full to the brim also I am finally getting a full night sleep as I'm not up every hour needing the toilet. Today I had my review and I'm over the moon I've lost 16lb with no effort at all... I highly recommend "

Hayley1985 April 25, 2017

"I started Victoza exactly 4 weeks ago. I have felt nauseous from time to time but generally feel worse if I eat more than I needed. I can easily feel very full eating 700-800 calories a day. I haven't had any other side effects except that I have way more energy than before which is wonderful for someone who has fibromyalgia and is always tired!! The inches are melting away and I'm so happy to have lost 11.5lbs, it's amazing! After unexplained weight gain of 77lbs over the course of a year this is just what I needed. 1 month in and 1/6 of the weight I need to lose has already gone - if you haven't already, give it a go."

K-Jane (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

"Hi I wanted to give another update. My last update was on March 22nd. Today made 5 weeks and 3 days on victoza and I am down 26lbs. I'm still eating healthy, hardly any appetite and haven't started any kind of exercise program yet. I have had no side effects other then light heartburn that i take an over the counter medication for. I have to say I am pleased so far with my results and look forward to the future."

NanaD2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2017

"I started the victosa 20/3/17 I have been taking it for a few weeks now was on 0.6 and now I have increased to 1.2 I had some side effects like nausea and constant sulphur burps they calmed down after about a week I am over 10 pounds down in nearly 3 weeks and also feel full throughout the day and night :)"

Emz 1 April 9, 2017