User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss (Page 3)

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

"Approached use with a bit of apprehension following reviews posted here by other users. (Thanks to all who share stories here and to site host drugs.com). Prescribed product for weight loss following obese diagnosis by Dr. after trying diet and exercise alone unsuccessfully. First 3 days were as described by user many - nausea, headache, constipation and irregular sleep. Experienced gradual improvement each successive day after that period and now on day 11 with diminishing side effects. Have lost 12 pounds thus far on the journey to lose 75. So far it works for me. Definitely curbs appetite and supports eating less. Using a fiber supplement to help with constipation and it seems to work. Will post again in 14 days with an update."

Mark-air (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

"I started Victoza 0.6 two weeks ago. I learned the hard way how to avoid being sick. I gave myself the first shot and didn't realize the dial goes back to zero. I gave myself another shot thinking I didn't get the first one. Yikes. I got so so sick. Vomiting all day and early evening... my doctor had me go to the ER for fluids. My doctor says he sees far fewer side effects when patients go up slowly. Now I am going up 1 click when I feel good enough from the last click. Also, I have to say eating too much especially late in the day is not good. I have had no side effects but am taking it even slower than my doc suggested. Amazing even on this small dose I am not hungry. How does anyone take Saxenda at those high doses?"

Mame4454 December 23, 2017

"I have been on Victoza for 2 months now . I used 0.6 mg injections. The first few weeks I was loosing an average of 3 lbs a week which was great. but then it levelled out and I was maybe losing a half pound a week. I was getting a serious stomach flu that lasted 3 days and came back twice with the same force in the following 2 weeks. Some days I had the shakes. There is always a dull stomach pain, that does not go away. I could have lived with that but when I did a blood test, twice to be sure, it showed major problems with my liver and kidney function. I am seeing my Doctor in a couple of weeks after Christmas to discuss it. Even with the high cost of the drug and no coverage I have decided to stop using Victoza ."

Swissman (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

"Due to my insurance not covering Victoza, or any "anorexiant", my weight specialist is switching me to Sandexa. She is giving me her samples..."as long as you keep losing"! This is awesome. With Victoza, down 16 lbs. in 2 weeks! I know this is the kick-start I need to help me loose another 100lb. Has anyone gone from Victoza to Sandexa and noticed a difference, or does it work effectively the same? Your comments are appreciated! ;-)"

BlueEyz57 November 29, 2017

"I'm actually a physician, 6'0 -- used to be 175 pounds, but this job has caused me to stress-eat so much that I ballooned to 220 pounds. Started Victoza at 1.2mg daily; couldn't tolerate going up to 1.8mg due to severe nausea, so I take about 1.5mg (intermediate click between 1.2 and 1.8) daily, and will occasionally take an additional 0.6-1.2mg dose later in the day before a large meal or if I feel the craving for pasta or noodles or a big dinner. COMPLETE loss of cravings for snacks. The thought of sugary/carby things does not interest me any longer. Feel full after a few bites. It's only been a few weeks but I've already lost 12 pounds. Combining this with high-intensity diet and exercise as well, and possibly a ketogenic diet. A+!"

doctorglp1 November 28, 2017

"I have been struggling with my weight most of my life. Due to needing a total knee replacement was already trying to lose the 70lbs needed to have the surgery with little success. Thank goodness, I was restarted on Victoza on October 16, 2017. Since then, my blood sugar has consistently been 110-120. I have very little appetite along with nausea after the daily shot. I eat very little but was shocked to find out I am down 40 lbs since Oct 16th. I honestly believe this is due to the Victoza and diurectics I have for excessive water retention. Thanks Victoza!"

DFaith November 26, 2017

"I started Victoza in September 2017 and have lost 40 pounds. I'm thrilled with the weight loss however I continue to experience vomiting and diarrhea. Anything with red sauce is a big no for me. Can anyone recommend foods that they find are easy to manage? Any feedback is helpful. Thank you for your time..."

Lee from Boston November 25, 2017

"I took the first injection in my doctor's office November 15, 2017. It's only one week but I'm down 8 pounds and feel like this may be what I need. I need to lose just over 100 lbs. I feel a little nauseous at times, but the appetite has dwindled and barely any cravings. Eating anything really sweet or sugary tastes disgusting. I'm taking this with Invokana so I'm not sure how this all works long term. Unfortunately, my drug insurance may not cover this. I certainly cannot afford to pay for more than a couple of months. I'm currently being checked for PCOS. So whether or not that makes a difference, I'll have to wait and see. I'm glad this available and I think this is what is going to work for me."

Anonymous November 22, 2017

"11/5/2017 Taking Victoza again, tried it a year ago and noticed it really helped with belly fat, lost a lot of hair though! Ended up quitting and getting hair extensions until my hair grew back. Back on victoza 0.6, already seeing a difference on the scale and around my tummy, 5 pounds in one week...and also saw more hair on my hair brush...have heard that lysine and collagen are good supplements to avoid hair loss? so am going to add those in because the weight loss is real. I never lose more than 2 pounds in a month and I work hard to eat below 1500 calories a day and low carb and walk. So a 5 pound weight loss in one week is stunning for me. Will probably take for 3 months and then hopefully will reach goal and stop taking"

Lorraine B. November 5, 2017

"Hi. I started this for Weightloss which exacerbated other health problems. In the last six months I’ve gradually gone up to 3mg per day. My weight was 155kg and is now 130.6kg. I had some sickness at the start and slightly when I increased the dosage. It’s changed my eating habits as I feel less hungry and the amount I can eat has gone down. To be honest the beginning was slightly tough but worth persisting with, just keep the faith."

Weise November 1, 2017

"Hi, haven't posted since April 2017 when I was so happy to have lost 11.5 lbs in 4 weeks....Well now I've been taking Victoza for 7 months - I have no side effects whatsoever and upped my dose to 3ml each day since mid Jul and I've lost a total of 67 pounds without even trying. I can't finish big meals and automatically eat healthier foods. I never snack as I'm not hungry and I honestly NEVER spend time thinking about food :) I couldn't be happier! My goal weight is 147lbs so 33lbs to go, not much longer."

K-Jane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2017

"I've been taking Victoza for almost a month now. I thankfully have no side effects and have lost 8 pounds so far. I have PCOS and for the last 6 years I couldn't loose any weight. I really tried everything: no sugar , gluten free, low carb ! It feels amazing to finally see the weight come off. I have not been exercising but Victoza is helping with my cravings , I am almost never hungry and I don't think about food at all. It s amazing to feel normal again."

EllaMKC (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

"Lymphoma is the gift Victoza gave me"

tmunro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2017

"Hi, I am 36 yr Male, Non Diabetic. I recently have started Victoza 0.6 Mg dose. I was using Xenical and I am still using it together with victoza. "

K965 September 10, 2017

"Started taking Victoza on March 25th weighing 318lbs. Experienced mild side effects - loss of appetite, upset stomach, constipation. I have now lost 30 lbs and this drug has drastically changed the way I eat and view food, and I no longer have any day to day side effects. I am eating much less at meals, no snacking, and it has changed my cravings for junk food and sugar. Most peculiar of all is the fact that I am unable to drink beer anymore! I love beer, but after 1 my stomach turns inside out and I feel sick - not good for my love of beer, great for the health benefits of not drinking beer :) I have hit a few plateaus but then the weight loss begins again. I have gone down 2 pant sizes - this is a miracle drug for me!!"

Divemasterdave September 8, 2017

"I have been taking victoza for 4 weeks and the first 3 weeks loss 15 lbs, but the cramps in my stomach is bad, the hoarseness is gone, but this is a true journey"

Peachy1009 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

"I have been on Victoza for a month. I have had zero side effects. It has decreased my appetite, and it's easier for me to eat homemade salads made of spinach and chicken breast, then going to Taco Bell. Immediately, I began to notice weight loss around my belly and waist area. Even my husband commented "Whoa baby, you've lost weight!" I started out at .6 but I was so excited that I immediately lost a few pounds, I was eager for more results. After 1.5 weeks, I upped the dosage to 1.2, and one week later, upped it to 1.8. My insurance covers it very well (3 pen pack for $40). I had my one month check-up today, and I am down 12 pounds (42 yrs old, 5'2; went from 174 lbs to 162). I hope the weight loss remains consistent. Goal: 130 lbs."

RGV (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2017

"Hi I just started on August 28th I'm on a low dose 1.6 I haven't had any side effects yet but I'm please to announce that my appetite is gone. I have to force myself to eat keep your fingers crossed for me"

I'm determined (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

"So I've been using Victoza for 3 weeks now and I've lost about 3.5KG so far which is like a kilo a week roughly. Only experienced nausea on the second day and when I increased my dosage to 1.2mg. It also has helped suppress my appetite and stop me from eating out of boredom. I was wondering if anyone has noticed a change in their mood. I feel lazy, sluggish, not motivated and just overall blah feeling (more than usual) my sister is the same too and she's also using victoza. I just find it hard to judge if it's the medication or just because I'm bored of being at home for the summer"

Shadaaa August 30, 2017

"I was taking victoza for about 3 weeks and lost 15 lbs was happy with it no real side effects until I took a siezure (never had one before) none of the doctors could tell me if it was the victoza that caused the siezure so I'm back on it since a week and I'm feeling ok at .06 I will increase the dose slowly I need to lose at least 50 lbs or more would be great . I'm kinda scared but I'll give it another try ....... has anyone else had a siezure?"

melinabuch August 29, 2017

"It took me months to build up to my current dose of 1.2, but I tolerate it really well now, and would encourage those who find the side effects tough, to just click up a little bit every week to give your body a chance to get used to it. I also take mid afternoon which seems to be a great time for me as I don't overeat at dinner or snack in the evening anymore."

SOCalMomof4 August 27, 2017

"Hi, it's me again. My last post was on 7/20, I last visited the Dr on 8/16 with a weight-loss total of 5lbs for the month and 56lbs since 3/6. Nothings changed all is well."

NanaD2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2017

"Started taking Victoza again, first time I couldn't handle the side effects (weakness, tiredness, nausea) Now, back on the 15th of August, only taking 0.3, and I feel great, appetite isn't completely gone, but my craving are declining day by day, as for constipation I drink a glass of chocolate milk for snack. As for nausea I wear a band for motion sickness."

Steffie38 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

"Began last year and took for 4 months successfully. Lost about 12 to 16 lbs easily. Victoza suppressed my appetite by the means explained in the literature; apparently my stomach contents are slow to pass through to the small intestine, so the sensation of fullness remains. Constipation is my main problem. When titrating up I experience GERD and some discomfort; this has probably kept me awake 2 or 3 nights total. After discontinuing in 2016 I restarted again this July 2017 with the same successful results (I had gained weight back through my own carelessness). I have lost about 10 lbs in 2 weeks, not a healthy rate, perhaps, but it reflects my appetite suppression. Be careful when titrating up. I am back at 1.8 now."

female 59, not diabetic (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2017

"Ok I have only been on it for 5 days . I have metabolic syndrome and am taking it to reduce my insulin (I also take metformin and actos) and I have gained 30lbs I can't get rid of no matter what I do. I have gastroparesis prior to this, I take six times the normal dose of an prescription laxative. I have been sooo sick on the 0.6mg. I didn't take the shot today. I have been so bloated, had heartburn (I take an prescription for that for the last 18 years) disgusting burps, on the verge of puking but never do. My tummy hurts so bad and even with my laxative I can't go to the bathroom. I have a headache but I suffer from chronic migraines. Food, the thought makes me sick. I feel so crappy I can't even drink fluids. Down 3lbs in 5 days."

Anonymous July 24, 2017