User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss (Page 3)

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

"Hi, haven't posted since April 2017 when I was so happy to have lost 11.5 lbs in 4 weeks....Well now I've been taking Victoza for 7 months - I have no side effects whatsoever and upped my dose to 3ml each day since mid Jul and I've lost a total of 67 pounds without even trying. I can't finish big meals and automatically eat healthier foods. I never snack as I'm not hungry and I honestly NEVER spend time thinking about food :) I couldn't be happier! My goal weight is 147lbs so 33lbs to go, not much longer."

K-Jane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2017

"I've been taking Victoza for almost a month now. I thankfully have no side effects and have lost 8 pounds so far. I have PCOS and for the last 6 years I couldn't loose any weight. I really tried everything: no sugar , gluten free, low carb ! It feels amazing to finally see the weight come off. I have not been exercising but Victoza is helping with my cravings , I am almost never hungry and I don't think about food at all. It s amazing to feel normal again."

EllaMKC (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

"Lymphoma is the gift Victoza gave me"

tmunro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2017

"Hi, I am 36 yr Male, Non Diabetic. I recently have started Victoza 0.6 Mg dose. I was using Xenical and I am still using it together with victoza. "

K965 September 10, 2017

"Started taking Victoza on March 25th weighing 318lbs. Experienced mild side effects - loss of appetite, upset stomach, constipation. I have now lost 30 lbs and this drug has drastically changed the way I eat and view food, and I no longer have any day to day side effects. I am eating much less at meals, no snacking, and it has changed my cravings for junk food and sugar. Most peculiar of all is the fact that I am unable to drink beer anymore! I love beer, but after 1 my stomach turns inside out and I feel sick - not good for my love of beer, great for the health benefits of not drinking beer :) I have hit a few plateaus but then the weight loss begins again. I have gone down 2 pant sizes - this is a miracle drug for me!!"

Divemasterdave September 8, 2017

"I have been taking victoza for 4 weeks and the first 3 weeks loss 15 lbs, but the cramps in my stomach is bad, the hoarseness is gone, but this is a true journey"

Peachy1009 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

"I have been on Victoza for a month. I have had zero side effects. It has decreased my appetite, and it's easier for me to eat homemade salads made of spinach and chicken breast, then going to Taco Bell. Immediately, I began to notice weight loss around my belly and waist area. Even my husband commented "Whoa baby, you've lost weight!" I started out at .6 but I was so excited that I immediately lost a few pounds, I was eager for more results. After 1.5 weeks, I upped the dosage to 1.2, and one week later, upped it to 1.8. My insurance covers it very well (3 pen pack for $40). I had my one month check-up today, and I am down 12 pounds (42 yrs old, 5'2; went from 174 lbs to 162). I hope the weight loss remains consistent. Goal: 130 lbs."

RGV (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2017

"Hi I just started on August 28th I'm on a low dose 1.6 I haven't had any side effects yet but I'm please to announce that my appetite is gone. I have to force myself to eat keep your fingers crossed for me"

I'm determined (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

"So I've been using Victoza for 3 weeks now and I've lost about 3.5KG so far which is like a kilo a week roughly. Only experienced nausea on the second day and when I increased my dosage to 1.2mg. It also has helped suppress my appetite and stop me from eating out of boredom. I was wondering if anyone has noticed a change in their mood. I feel lazy, sluggish, not motivated and just overall blah feeling (more than usual) my sister is the same too and she's also using victoza. I just find it hard to judge if it's the medication or just because I'm bored of being at home for the summer"

Shadaaa August 30, 2017

"I was taking victoza for about 3 weeks and lost 15 lbs was happy with it no real side effects until I took a siezure (never had one before) none of the doctors could tell me if it was the victoza that caused the siezure so I'm back on it since a week and I'm feeling ok at .06 I will increase the dose slowly I need to lose at least 50 lbs or more would be great . I'm kinda scared but I'll give it another try ....... has anyone else had a siezure?"

melinabuch August 29, 2017

"It took me months to build up to my current dose of 1.2, but I tolerate it really well now, and would encourage those who find the side effects tough, to just click up a little bit every week to give your body a chance to get used to it. I also take mid afternoon which seems to be a great time for me as I don't overeat at dinner or snack in the evening anymore."

SOCalMomof4 August 27, 2017

"Hi, it's me again. My last post was on 7/20, I last visited the Dr on 8/16 with a weight-loss total of 5lbs for the month and 56lbs since 3/6. Nothings changed all is well."

NanaD2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2017

"Started taking Victoza again, first time I couldn't handle the side effects (weakness, tiredness, nausea) Now, back on the 15th of August, only taking 0.3, and I feel great, appetite isn't completely gone, but my craving are declining day by day, as for constipation I drink a glass of chocolate milk for snack. As for nausea I wear a band for motion sickness."

Steffie38 (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

"Began last year and took for 4 months successfully. Lost about 12 to 16 lbs easily. Victoza suppressed my appetite by the means explained in the literature; apparently my stomach contents are slow to pass through to the small intestine, so the sensation of fullness remains. Constipation is my main problem. When titrating up I experience GERD and some discomfort; this has probably kept me awake 2 or 3 nights total. After discontinuing in 2016 I restarted again this July 2017 with the same successful results (I had gained weight back through my own carelessness). I have lost about 10 lbs in 2 weeks, not a healthy rate, perhaps, but it reflects my appetite suppression. Be careful when titrating up. I am back at 1.8 now."

female 59, not diabetic (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2017

"Ok I have only been on it for 5 days . I have metabolic syndrome and am taking it to reduce my insulin (I also take metformin and actos) and I have gained 30lbs I can't get rid of no matter what I do. I have gastroparesis prior to this, I take six times the normal dose of an prescription laxative. I have been sooo sick on the 0.6mg. I didn't take the shot today. I have been so bloated, had heartburn (I take an prescription for that for the last 18 years) disgusting burps, on the verge of puking but never do. My tummy hurts so bad and even with my laxative I can't go to the bathroom. I have a headache but I suffer from chronic migraines. Food, the thought makes me sick. I feel so crappy I can't even drink fluids. Down 3lbs in 5 days."

Anonymous July 24, 2017

"Hi, my last post was 6/18. Just another follow up been on victoza since 3/6. I went for a check up today and I'm down another 6lbs that makes a total of 51lbs since the the being. Still no side effects and eating lots of veggies, fruits and chicken. Still looking forward to the future and feeling a whole lot better."

NanaD2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

"So I started the injections 3 days ago and I'm already down 5 lbs. I'm not necessarily overweight however I have significant thyroid issues and I am Limited on medications due to cardiac issues. After reading the reviews of the side effects I was skeptical however I have had mild nausea on the .6 dose and it has decreased my appetite however I never had one to start with. Shall see if that changes in a week when I increase the dose."

EllenB209 July 1, 2017

"My husband is diabetic and takes Victoza. He has lost a substantial amount of weight since he has been on it and he eats CONSTANTLY! We have had to buy him a whole new wardrobe. I went to the Doc last week and I am pre-diabetic and have been on Metformin for about a year. The Doc suggested I take Victoza to help me lose weight and bump my A1C on down. I started out at 1.2 mg dose and so far I just feel a little nausea when my blood sugar drops. I just eat a little something or pop a hard candy into my mouth and the feeling goes away. I have only been taking the shot for 4 days but I have already lost 3lbs. I will check back after a few weeks with an update."

JAS77 June 26, 2017

"The side effects are everything that has been described. For me headache stomach ache (mild) but with each dose increase they return and then subside as my body adjusts to the dosage. Very tired but can't sleep more than 6 hours. But the real success 21 lbs in three weeks..amazing. I am also following intermittent fasting (16/8) with this, only small amount of carb 25g in the morning and then fruits veggies and protein for the remainder of day. Blood sugar better. NOTHING ELSE has worked for me. I love Victoza!!!"

Waterlilie (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

"Hi, it's me again just giving an update. I've got a few post and I'd like to continue to post my experience throughout this process. My last post was 5/15. I went back to my Doctor on 6/15 and was down another 9lbs with a total of 45lbs since I started taking victoza on 3/6/17. I'm still eating the same things, still no side effects, and I am still very much happy with this product. Until next time..."

NanaD2 June 18, 2017

"Started victoza about 6 weeks ago after increasing weekly to 1.2 oh boy was I belching and it smelled like eggs!! Couldn't eat much and was ok with that but I've tried skipping meals in the past and that didn't help my weight loss journey so I've tried to eat at least 2 meals daily I eat a low sugar 2 carb daily limit and attend cardio classes at the gym twice weekly. My blood sugar levels are good but I've not lost much weight -- down about 8 pounds was hoping for more but will keep at it! Going to slowly increase to the last dose to see if that helps! Fingers crossed !!"

Hopeful gal June 11, 2017

"I'm 58 and have always struggled with my weight, thyroid and other issues. I have been on Victoza for about a month and lost eight pounds. I admit much of that is because I have no appetite. That makes it easy for me to make healthy choices when I do eat. One thing that I have noticed is that Victoza definitely slows down the bowels. I think it's imperative to up the liquid intake. Because of the bowels I think it's difficult to really gauge the weight loss. I go down a pound and up two the next day etc. I think taking measurements or trying on an old pair of jeans is more accurate in seeing the real weight loss. I can tell my health is improving and I feel like if I'm patient this will get me to my goal weight of 155. 32 more to go."

DeanneNovak (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

"I started Victoza just over 3 weeks ago and I have had no side effects whatsoever. I feel great and am losing weight, and for the first time in my life I've experienced feeling full and satisfied. I've never had that feeling before. I've felt full (after eating much more than when on this drug) but never satisfied. It was a remarkable feeling. I've had a great experience and I hope to continue as I've a lot to lose. However, I do fear the potential for pancreatic cancer and will do more research on this."

MiniMe49 June 1, 2017

"Hi, I would like to share my story with you, I am a 29 year old Female from South Africa, Extremely overweight. I started my weight loss journey on the 23 May 2017. Weight Started: 90 Kg – 23/05/17 Current Weight: 83.4Kg – 01/06/17 Weight lost: 6.4Kg – 8 days Goal Weight: 60 Symptoms were extremely mild, Slight nausea and vomiting."

weightloss-zn (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2017

"I'm going on my second week now. I had some burping and an over full bloated feeling that seems to have subsided. I also had a lil nausea at times but not bad. I had to force myself to eat the first week as well. Nothing sounded good. This coming Tuesday I go up to 1.8 dose. I though I was just imagining not being hungry because I like to eat but the fullness and over all lack of interest in food is awesome. Haven't weighed myself yet because I don't want to be discouraged, it's only been 2 weeks. Going to stick it out here's a tip, I bought Gas ex for the belching and tummy gas it helped a lot. Also don't eat late at night because what u eat is really slow to digest and it will keep u up at night. I do my shot at around 2 pm daily."

Zeledon May 21, 2017