User Reviews for Lupron Depot to treat Endometriosis (Page 5)

Lupron Depot has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 112 ratings for the treatment of Endometriosis. 43% of those users who reviewed Lupron Depot reported a positive effect, while 37% reported a negative effect.

Lupron Depot Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 75 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Lupron Depot

Angmtt · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2016

“Started almost a month ago, I just got over my period when I recieved the injection, I started my menses about week and half after injection, they said this is normal, overall pain is a tad worse, the drs also said that would happen, I'm not giving a full rating on it yet, I haven't been on it long enough, they are trying to shrink a 3 inch abdominal wall endometriosis, I will have to stay on the drug for a year, also been prescribed norethindrone, haven't really had the side effects listed with this drug, not sure I will later on or not.”

Anonymous August 10, 2009

“I got my first shot almost two weeks ago. I am fat, busty and generally unmotivated. I am a tiny bit nauseous almost all of the time, but it's not bad enough to prevent me from eating. More like an appetite suppressant. Other than that everything seems fine. Although I have stage 4 endometriosis, I didn't have any of the associated symptoms, except for infertility. I guess I'll find out in a year or two if it is worth it.”

kheff October 22, 2009

“I just had my second shot 6 days ago. I will admit that my pain from the endo is a great deal better than it was. I was a few days late to get my 2nd shot and could feel the symptoms coming back slowly. The side effects are miserable. I don't want to finish out the treatment. Going for a second opinion. Will be trying estradiol today, for the hot flashes, which have been the worst, at least 3 an hour, and all night long. Haven't had any weight gain so far, weight loss, probably because I am so paranoid about gaining. ”

kaibug · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2017

“I've been on the lupron shot for almost 2 years now the first six months were the hardest I woke up tired icky feeling and puked. I lost my appetite lost a lot of weight and it made my insomnia worse and my urge to pee worse especially at night. Once the nausea settled and my appetite came back the other side effects were easy to cope with on top of the side effects from the implanon. I haven't bleed at all and had no pain. I got off it for 3 months and some of my shooting pain came back but no bleeding so I got put back on it. I just decided to take a break and I'm crampy and starting to spot. My obgyn said I shouldn't have pain like I was before so we shall wait and see since the lupron is working my medicaid wont let me have a lap to see what stage my endometriosis is”

Sidney kay February 16, 2016

“When I took this it was very painful. The shots messed up my muscles and my condition got so much worse after the 6 month period. I had to get surgery and lost my first organ. I'm not saying don't try it for endo but be wary when you do. You're supposed to have more intense symptoms in the first part but it is supposed to get better. Mine did not, it only got worse.”

Rosie11 · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2015

“I started lupron 2 weeks ago for endometriosis. So far I've had 0 side effects. And no pain! I'm just starting so we'll see if I change my mind”

Anonymous January 8, 2011

“I took Lupron for 6 months and I loved it. Totally kept away my periods and therefore I assume stopped the endometriosis from growing. I had NO side effects whatsoever. ”

Side effected · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2015

“I wish I knew then what I knew now. If I knew 20 years later I would still have side effects I never ever would have taken the doses. My doctor boosted this up like the fix.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2018

“Awful side effects. Put me in menopause at 35. My hair is still thin 4 years later. Toxic stuff”

Anonymous March 27, 2012

“It took care of my endometriosis but the side effects were terrible. Not so much the hot flashes but the mood swings/depression. ”

Anonymous March 31, 2017

“The side effects are worst than the original problem, I've had 2 shots and won't be going for another one.”

Patricakes17 April 17, 2016

“HORRIBLE side effects and it was not worth it because it was something that didn't even cure me or made me feel any better.”

Arlene · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2018

“After having a shot of lupron I had a bad side effects a muscle spasm on my neck , my hair shedding, dizziness and weak , migraine, I can't function well”

Shannyn · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2016

“I have Premenstrual dysphoric disorder. This med saved my life. Mimicked a hysterectomy. Now I know that removing the ovaries is the answer. Scheduled....”

Anonymous October 7, 2009

“The drug seems to be helping, but the side effects are bad. I am experiencing every one of them and the hot flashes are constant. It will only be worth it if the pain from the Endometriosis is gone.”

Lahri · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2015

“I have taken luproid deposit 4months ago. For me its waste of money and time. One good thing is no periods but i still have heavy pain in intercorse.thinking to go for homeopathy”

Learn more about Endometriosis