User Reviews for Lupron Depot to treat Endometriosis (Page 4)

Lupron Depot has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 112 ratings for the treatment of Endometriosis. 43% of those users who reviewed Lupron Depot reported a positive effect, while 37% reported a negative effect.

Lupron Depot Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 75 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Lupron Depot

RobynDyan November 13, 2016

“So I had BAD adverse affects to the Depo Provero shot.. SO bad that I lost my job. I had bad fevers for 6 months.. It felt like my body was on FIRE..No energy and it triggered hypothyroidism in me. I'm only 37. I have finally got to feeling better, the shot is out of my system as of a couple weeks back, losing weight now. No period yet, but my gyno said the next thing he could do is Depo Lupron.. needless to say I'm TERRIFIED! It's only the month shot, but I'm still scared to death. I already suffer with mental illness. I just wanted a hysterectomy to get this nightmare over with, so I could get back to life and never worry about this crap again. If you have any insight, let me know Thx.”

Anonymous March 18, 2010

“I just had my 5th shot yesterday. The past few months have been painless in regards to side effects other then night sweats and mood swings. I have not gained any weight and everything seems pretty normal. Once again, other than the mood swings. These are harsh and sometimes I feel like another person has taken over my body and thoughts.”

Montana.T September 18, 2016

“I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and endometriosis at 18 years old (very early to find). I've suffered 4 years of this before I got diagnosed until eventually I was rushed to the hospital from the pain. My only option was lupron depot shot, I got the 11mg one. Worst decision of my life. I am thankful for having 100% coverage because it would've been a waste of money. I feel sad, depressed, anxious, its awful. I already have depression and anxiety. I feel like I'm going through withdrawals, I get heat flashes, the pills they give, what they call norlutate, didn't help the symptoms, I've noticed they made it worse, I had headaches every single day. I wouldn't recommend this shot. I'm still having period pain and its been 3 month”

Kamcc · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 11, 2016

“I started this about 6 -7 weeks ago after laparoscopy for small endo on my bowel and top of cervix was unsuccessful. The first month was a nightmare. Started with worsening pain symptoms and an extra-long last period. Mood swings were outrageous. Crying, all the time and a little feet/ankle swelling. Started adding back therapy and spironolactone a week ago and as I reach the end of month two, I'm pain free and I feel emotionally more stable. The side effects are manageable, at least right now. So if you can get past the initial period, it works.”

Hystomommy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2016

“At age 42 I had partial hysterectomy (uterus only) to remove large fibroids. (daughter was born when I was 32). Dr found stage IV endometriosis. He left my ovaries and said he never wanted to do surgery again - endo everywhere. He suggested Lupron to arrest the Endo. It took me a year to start Lupron. I had to contact a foundation to qualify to receive the medication for free. I did two 3 month shots. I remember some hot flashes, nausea & a few mood swings but it passed fairly quickly. Now, I am 46 and in full menopause. I have osteopenia with some degenerative disc issues. Chronic back pain hurts most when laying on stomach in bed. But I do not use pain meds or H.R.T. I hope the brain fog & other symptoms continue to improve.”

Renee May 28, 2018

“I personally have endometriosis and have had laparoscopic surgery for treatment. I have been told by multiple doctors that adding hormones to your body to lessen your “pain” (in quotes because no birth control has proven to do so for my endometriosis) so I have taken no birth control since my surgery 10 years ago and it has gotten easier to deal with not worse! They also offered two other options to stop the pain hysterectomy/ ablation.. either way would be fine since endometriosis will and has eaten up my reproductive organs. After the laparoscopic surgery it did take me 5 months to heal internally, so if you do this option please prepare yourself for a much much much heavier and DIFFERENT period for a least the first two months. But after sex seemed easier with less pain and going to the bathroom (taking a bowl movement) while on and off my period was much easier. Hope my experience helps anyone that has or has been recently diagnosed.”

l84appt · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 2, 2016

“I was on Lupron for a year (2006 -2007) and I have never felt the same. I am going on 50 but my body feels 100 years old. I was once described as a vivacious and enthusiastic individual. Today, I can barely keep up with friends and family (many of them are older than me). ”

KB · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 3, 2020

“I had a very similar experience to Lora C. I was a mess on Lupron and very much not myself. I couldn't control my emotions, I was either dead inside or crying, there was no in between. My night sweats were awful and I was mean all the time. The worst part was probably my memory. I had no recollection of anyone's name, I could recognize their face and the fact that I definitely know them, but never their names if I had met them after I was on Lupron. The shot also hurts like anything and hot flashes are real. I was consistently warm all of the time. Summer was unbearable. Also, the first few months were the worst endo pain I had ever felt. It was terrible. It finally went away after about month 4 or 5 and I was in a normal range of just feeling pressure down there. It wasn't nearly as painful, but always present.”

skahlua912 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 8, 2016

“I got a month shot right when I was about to start period. Period ended up lasting about 12 days. I was told night sweats and menopausal symptoms would happen but I did NOT expect the suicidal urges (I've been diagnosed with depression but it was manageable before this shot), migraines - worst migraines I've ever experienced in my life, nausea, cankles. I've had to take roughly 5 days off of work just in the last 3 weeks and I may even lose my job. I am so irritable and cannot sleep for the life of me. I wake up at least 30 times a night. I'd rather have my excruciating menstrual cramps than go through this ever again. My body did NOT like this AT ALL!”

Anonymous November 8, 2009

“I was very pleased with my Lupron experience. I was on a six month course and found the first three to four months easy. I did experience hot flashes, mood swings, and slight insomnia. My fifth and sixth month were a little more difficult for me. The hot flashes became a little more apparent, the mood swings more frequent, and my face began to break out. To me, that was the worst. Along with the Lupron, I had a laproscopy 2 months before the medication and I started acupuncture treatments about a month before beginning Lupron which really helped with the side effects. My pain levels before medication were unbearable. I could hardly bring myself to get out of bed. I now notice that my pain level is low if I have any at all.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 7, 2016

“I had a laparoscopy done march 2015 and they determined stage 4 endemetriosis. Before then I had maybe 1 week out of a month without pain for over a year, it was horrible. My first injection was in September 2015. I had a laparotomy in October 2015, the doctor did an amazing job, removed all the scar tissue and cyst's. My second injection was December 2015 and the hot flashes are brutal. I am now on a low dose of estrogen to help with the hot flashes. It has helped but not fully. I highly recommend the injection if you want to be pain free, the hot flashes are brutal but way better then the pain.”

C135 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2020

“I was given a Lupron Depot 3month injection. The day after the injection I was in debilitating pain in my spine my hands & wrists & my ankles & it only got worse from there. The pain worsened as the days went by, I had trouble getting up I was drained of all energy was nauseated pain & stiffness in my hands & wrists to the point I could barely move them. I had horrible painful popping & cracking in my wrists & ankles & they would lock up & felt as though my bones were going to break. I had horrific migraines too. When I called my doctor regarding this effects they said it'd go away after the trial ended. It's over 6 months since I had my trial, & the pain & stiffness in my hands & wrists didn't go away. I now have tingling & weakness that spreads through my hands, wrists & arms. I had the laparoscopic surgery last month & I do have endometriosis. I just wish I'd done the surgery to begin with.”

Anonymous April 7, 2012

“Had my first shot about a week ago. I have major pain in my joints (elbows and knees), hot flashes and night sweats. But honestly so far so good. I am no longer feeling the horrible endometriosis pain. Will update more once I'm further in. Plan as of now is to do 6 months of Lupron and see if my Fallopian tubes have less swelling and inflammation as my husband and I would love a baby of our own. Good luck to all. This is not easy. But I am hoping it will be worth it.”

Alexis21007 August 18, 2017

“I'm on the 6 month therapy treatment and I got my 4th injection yesterday. At the beginning I was getting the hot flashes which I can deal with, the mood swings. I rather deal with that then the terrible belly button pain , bleeding from navel and chest pain. I was diagnosed with endo stage 4 about 3 years ago. But now I'm starting to think "is it worth it?" with the insomnia, tiredness, diarrhea and waking up with migraines”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2018

“Within one week of starting depot lupron, I was struck with severe headaches and fatigue. Muscle and joint pain set in and sleep became impossible. I have had no relief from my endometriosis pain. Pelvic pain is daily and constant. Dull aches in my lower abdomen and sharp shooting pain through my colon. Even with add back therapy, I have had hot flashes and severe waves of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. I wish I had never gotten it. This is the second time my doctor has put me on this "medication" with zero results or relief from my symptoms. I only feel worse. It has made me and my relationship suffer. It's not worth it.”

Nasty Endo · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 28, 2016

“I was diagnosed with stage 5 Endometriosis, back in the early 90's. My Dr. suggested to me the Lupron shots.. The reason we did not do the surgery at that time, I was young and wanted children, so to help with the awful pain, and miserable time of the month, we started Lupron Injections. Let me say, the side effects were awful! THE HOT FLASHES, I wanted to go out into the snow naked to cool off. The mood swings were out of control, however I was put through the menopause stage and no periods, that was heaven. I was on the injections for 6 months, then after I was off the wicked horrid pain and cycle started. The weight gain was insane. I had to go back on the injections, but since the weight gain, I quit after the 2nd injection.”

Anonymous April 25, 2011

“I was diagnosed with endometriosis after having a laproscopy. I started the Lupron shots not long after the surgery. While the symptoms seemed to fade, the side effects were terrible. I had unbearable mood swings which caused many problems in the family. The hot flashes were ridiculous. I also ended up gaining about 20 pounds within six months. The pain did subside and I have not had as much pain since I finished the injections 10 months ago.”

ahann April 2, 2017

“I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 16, started 6 month (6 injection) Lupron therapy at 17 and felt amazing. Yes, I gained weight and got the hot flashes, depression and swelling legs and feet, but it was all worth making the pain go away. Fast forward 5 years, and endometriosis is back with a vengeance plus I had a golf-ball sized cyst on my ovary. So I had the lap to have the endo burned out and the cyst removed, and of course the next step was up to me and I begged for Lupron! Sadly, I've been let down the second time around. Symptoms are all the same but now the pain is still persistent, even in my 6th month. Major sad face about that.”

JudiLT June 23, 2011

“Just finished three shots of Lupron Depot - shots were given in the hip - little to no pain at all. The worst side effect = hot flashes. They were unbearable really, was prescribed the lowest dosage of estrogen medicines for the hot flashes - working great. Doctor not giving any more shots of Lupron until we see how my body reacts to the medicines. I was just prescribed a progesterone as well to balance with the estrogen medicines-to take for a two week period.”

Tripp · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2018

“I just started the lupron shot and so far its helping but its also come along with hot flashes , dizzyness, prolonged QT heart interval (I already have the heart problem but it is amplifying it) body pain which is slowly going down, brain fog, insomnia, fatigue inability to breathe, and is making some of my connective tissue symptoms worse. I'm hoping at least some of these symptoms go away. If they do I will continue the monthly shots since the endo symptoms are getting better (headache, bowel issues, insane amount of bleeding every month and debilitating pain).”

EC449 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 29, 2018

“I am 25 and received 9 months of injections with Lupron for endometriosis and had a terrible experience with it. First was the symptom flare the first month which made my pain even worse and I missed 3 weeks of work out of 4 weeks. Then even with add back therapy, I had hot flashes, trouble sleeping, severe pain with sex, and bad acne. And it did nothing to help the pain I was having. I stopped this medication after 9 months and even now, one year after stopping, I have residual digestive issues and continued vulvodynia which started when I was on Lupron. Many doctors seem to use this drug as a first line treatment against Endo but it is brutal and is only a temporary treatment”

Anonymous April 26, 2012

“Got first shot Jan 2012. Side effects night sweats, hot flashes, headache and muscle ache all bearable but hot flashes have interfered with sleep. Just got 2nd shot this wk 4-24-12. Have sore throat and headache, seem to be more agitated and irritable. Hot flashes are a bit worse and headaches are coming back . Overall if this is the jist of side effects all worth it to make sure cancer if spread does not come back. Had hysterectomy Nov 2011 and found cancer in uterus. Drs said it was contained to uterus but for safety precautions put me on Lupron.”

SherBear69 July 27, 2015

“A costly and largely ineffective drug. Beware discount cards that refuse to honor their promises for low co-pay and further discounts. After having one 3 month shot priced at $2,500 and feeling little to no relief from a reoccurrence of Endometriosis I ended up getting a full hysterectomy anyway.”

Frisbee2004 April 14, 2016

“I've only had one dose of Lupron; before going on it I did my research. One side effect is HORRIBLE insomnia (which I have). I know not every single change in my body can be blamed on the Lupron. I have Endometriosis and the Lupron basically puts you in a state of menopause. Headaches, insomnia, sweats, mood swings were very bad the first couple of weeks; now my stomach hurts! So I think I can pick and choose what the medicine is responsible for and the state of chemical menopause is doing to me.”

Lilbit296 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 7, 2016

“I had been suffering for years. Horrible pain,cramps all day and night and meds NEVER took the severe pain away. The bleeding was excessive. Never had a light day. My period lasted for a month sometimes almost 2months. At the age of 15,I was taken to the gyn which at that time was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and a bad case of endometriosis. Not only was the cysts bad but the endometriosis had grown all over my ovaries, in my belly button and was making it hard for me to move my bowels. The doctor politely said well you have a bad case here and you need surgery so I said ok well when, and he said TOMORROW. So surgery happened and not even 6months later I was having surgery again. I'm 34 and its all back”

Learn more about Endometriosis