User Reviews for Lupron Depot to treat Endometriosis (Page 3)

Lupron Depot has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 112 ratings for the treatment of Endometriosis. 43% of those users who reviewed Lupron Depot reported a positive effect, while 37% reported a negative effect.

Lupron Depot Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 75 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Lupron Depot

Anonymous March 6, 2010

“At first I really thought the Lupron treatments where worth it, but now that I have made a trip to the Emergency Room. Well lets just say if you are going to go the route of Lupron you better be single. This drug takes its toll on the family, not just you. Everyone goes throw the mood swings, headaches, blood pressure scares, joint pain, feeling like you are going to pass out. So no taking your kids to school or sporting events. No joining car pools. Don't get to far away from the restroom, urinating more often is not unusual. The things that are the easiest to handle are the hot flashes, night sweats and chills.”

DanniKJ1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2012

“2/9/12 I had a full hysterectomy (uterus and cervix removed) due to fibroids. My Dr found endometriosis everywhere. My Dr. put me on Lupron about a month after the surgery and I had my 2nd shot 4/20/12. I got hot flashes right after the first shot but they are really not that bad. Night sweats are more uncomfortable and my joints and muscles are achy and stiff. However, my mood is pretty terrible. I have no patience for anything and feel pretty grumpy most of the time. My pain is lessening but still present. That said, if I can be rid of most of the pain after the 6 months regimen, it will have been worth it! ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2012

“I received my first Lupron shot a couple weeks ago. In the past two weeks I have noticed that my pain isn't as bad or as often and it was before the shot. The down side is the mood swings and hot flashes. I thought I had a few weeks before I started experiencing the side effects, but I guess not. I know that the next six months are going to be rough, but the way I see it...I've been suffering for five years already, what is six months of hell to help make it all go away? In my opinion, the Lupron shot is worth it.”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2020

“I was put on this medication after laparoscopic surgery to remove cysts that was causing me pain. They found out I have stage 2 endo and recommended the lupron with the acetate pill. The first month was fine but the second month my period came early and never stopped. I can deal with the hot flashes but I've currently been bleeding and cramping for 4 weeks and they just keep telling me to wait it out. I'm due for the 2nd shot in July and idk if its going to help at all. I am depressed and the night sweats are a lot to deal with. I would rather have dealt with the endo pain 2 days a month than to have done this.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2018

“I received my first shot almost 2 weeks ago. I am on the 3 month dosage. Absolutely no side effects the first couple days, but pelvic/abdominal pain began day 3. My period came as normal on day 12 of getting the shot. I was really hoping to not have any at all. I will gladly deal with the more common side effects if my pain and period will go away! Only a few bouts of nausea and moments where I’ll feel so sad. I’m 39, no kids, and have been suffering with debilitating, life altering pain since 12! I’m praying this helps!”

Ei Phyu Soe December 7, 2016

“I have endometriosis and adenomyosis and pain was scary and I became bedridden some of the days.I had my first Lupron 11.25 mg on June 2016.I am suffering following side effects but I will continue this medication as pain from endo and adeno is worse then side effects. - Swelling at feet - Weight gain - 6kg in 6 months - Increased sweating - Hot flash suffered only first month of this treatment - Fluid retention - Carpal tunnel - Forgetful - Growth of upper lip hair - Slipped disc and compress of the right leg nerves I am going to take second injection soon and after that I will go for Hysterectomy. Btw I am just 36:(.”

Anonymous December 21, 2011

“I was actually surprised to learn I had stage 4 endometriosis along with 2 endometrioma's and a dermoid cyst. I had always had a poochy gut and severe menstrual cramps since I was 16. I am 27 now and have been pain free for the last 5 months on Lupron Depot. I had a laproscopic cystectomy and a laparotomy this year. I did suffer side effects of hot flashes and mood swings but was prescribed 1mg estrogen daily and I'm pretty much normal! In about 6 weeks I will begin trying to conceive my first child! The Lupron and my Doctor have been a blessing!”

crazyme7877 June 10, 2015

“I am very happy I went on Lupron Depot. I am on my 6th month of it and although the symptoms of hot flashes, night sweats, moodiness, and some weight gain are not fun, it still is VERY worth it. I have been pain free (when I was in debilitating pain before) and no period which is nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get pregnant soon too!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2012

“I am only on one week into the Lupron and my pain has begun to, not ease, but not be as sharp as it was at all times. I can finally breathe and think before the next stabbing pains begin. But about two days ago I got mood swings. I seem insane, I'm fine then, I'm screaming. I'm only 17 and this is NOT what I need along with the disease. I hope it gets better for I wont have any friends at the end of the six months.”

CDM85 December 17, 2016

“I suffer from terrible cramps and fibroid. I do take a low dose birth control, that sometimes barely helps my cramps. I was given the 1 dose a month, 6 month treatment after my GYNO could barely do a vaginal ultrasound for one of my visit and I had been having a "period" off and on for over 3 months. The fibroid was so large, it obstructed the movement of the wand thingy. I've been on it for 5 months, the 1st month, I still got my awful period and spent my usual $50 on pads and Advil, just as heavy. But by the 2nd month, bye bye Aunt Flo and it's been pretty okay except for the hot flashes,weight gain, tiredness and the sore hips, soles and ankles. The sore hips, soles & ankles don't hit until the 4th month. The hot flashes just suck!”

Miserable July 24, 2009

“I took my first injection 4 days ago, but had a migraine that night. Since then I have been crying a lot. I can't believe the side effects have hit me so fast. I have abdominal pain as well but the crying is the worst so far.”

LORA C December 4, 2019

“I've finished my third cycle of lupron for endometriosis and it kicked my butt ! Each cycle includes an injection each month, for 6 months. Once I finish Lupron, I slowly have periods and each month the pain gets stronger. Last time was bad, but nothing like this. There's no way of describing it other then "Roid rage", I couldn't control my emotions. 2 1/2 months I was manic, I'm talking fighting fits of rage and sobbing on the floor. which is nothing like myself, I'm almost emotionless. Hot flashes, hair thinning, loss of sex drive. That last one which I hope doesn't affect you, surprisingly is one of the worst. Gained 30 lbs over 6 mths while dieting, Even with an extremely strict diet I have only managed to loose 2 pounds and it's been 2 and a half months since my last injection. All in all I'm not sure if I will go through another treatment of Lupron as all the side effects that affected me seem to get more intense each time.”

Tee December 17, 2020

“I have stage 4 Endo with Adenomyosis large fibroids. I’m currently awaiting to get my 3rd dose of the lupron injection. It hasn’t been a bad experience; just Body aches, bad hot flashes, night sweats. No real weight gain, actually loss 6 pounds since I started the injection. After my first injection I had a minor period and my second injection no period or pain. Coming into the 3rd injection being due, I’m starting to experience Endo pain. Think I’m only going to do one round of lupron.”

Doinggreat December 1, 2016

“During my early 30's, I had 2 laporoscopies and 1 laparotomy for severe endometriosis but had no relief from pain. At 34, I had my 1st Lupron Depot shot. It eliminated my pain completely. The only side effects were hot flashes and irritability. The side effects were EXACTLY what I am experiencing with menopause now at the age of 58. I did not have any joint pain or other side effects. After 6 months of shots, my primary care physician advised that bone loss could result from prolonged treatment, so we stopped treatment. As an alternative, I was put on low dose birth control pills which I took every day to stop my periods. Should have done this to begin with! No pain and no side effects!”

Ali Berns October 24, 2013

“I just got my first shot 10 days ago. Was bleeding 2 weeks before the shot and it has not stopped yet- pain has gotten a little more intense, and has interfered with my sleep. Skin is also more dry than usual. My fingers are crossed that this will work- have had very painful cylces since I was a kid, and I'm ready to not have call in sick to work and miss social activites due to pain. No hot flashes, mood swings, or any other side effects- maybe due to the progestin I'm on. Will probably post in another couple weeks.”

Endo strong August 26, 2015

“lupron is not for everyone! I must admit I was horrified to try it, but it came a point I would rather die so had nothing to lose. In 2011 and 2012 both 9 months each. Then after treatment was birth control ( levora) high dose. Now 2015 just started having severe pain uncontrolled by anything else so started Lipton injection yesterday. This med made me forget I had the disease. I'm not saying there could be long term issues or anything else. But right now in this moment I'm not sick and every time before it was a god send. Hopeful this time will be as smooth as last couple times. Good luck.”

Almostpain free November 13, 2011

“I have been receiving Lupron shots since August 2011. December will be shot number five. Within the first two weeks after receiving my first shot, I noticed a huge difference in pain. How awesome! I had been dealing with this pain since 2008. I had exploratory surgery and tried Chinese medicine along with acupuncture and found no relief. Lupron has been the first thing to help me be almost completely pain free. Will post again after 6th injection. I had one huge mood swing after my 1st shot and very little hot flashes. I am not craving chocolate as much but have found myself craving milk (I have always been a milk drinker).”

Desperate and Disappointed February 20, 2016

“Desperate for relief after 2 surgeries within 3 months of each other, I was so hopeful about this medication. I ignored the reviews and got the shot (11.75 dosage administered every 3 months). I regret my choice so much. First, the expense! Even with insurance, my out of pocket was $1100. The mood swings were so bad that I became suicidal. I've gained 20 pounds that exercise and nutrition can't shed. The hot flashes were controlled by an OTC called Estroven. The pain did subside, but only for the 1st month after each shot (I got 2 shots total). Now, the pain is back and worse than ever and I'm only on month 5 of the treatment. Surgery # 3 scheduled in 2 weeks. This med is NOT worth the side effects.”

em October 17, 2019

“Using Lupron depo for endometriosis. Have an injection once a month, have just had my third injection. Missed period by 2 weeks so hopefully no painful period this month. I have had my last two periods but they were nowhere near as painful as the ones I used to suffer with. I am experiencing hot flashes, quite regularly but they only last 10/15 minutes so it’s something I can cope with and also I am going through stages of feeling quite anxious and depressed but hopefully these symptoms subside and this injection helps me for the future as I’ve recently spoken to my doctor who said this will help fertility in the future as I am 20 and have always wanted children something I thought was just going to be a dream when first diagnosed and had my fallopian tube removed at 17.”

mommy to be · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2015

“I took the shot for 6 months, I had issues that I could tolerate. Such as vision change, the injection would shot pain a crossed my lower back. Well it's been 8 months since I had a shot took me 2 months before my period returned. I recently started experiencing pain in my belly button, vision was getting worse, mood swings, the end of April period was bad then 2 weeks later had another one. I was ready to have everthing removed, I had gave up hope of having a baby... So out of the blue I missed my period and now I'm 5 weeks PREGNANT! !!!!!!! I wish everyone good Luck and hang in there!!!!”

Anonymous January 22, 2009

“I have taken monthly injections for the past 6 months. I had a very difficult time for the first 6 weeks of treatment, but since then have not had many side effects. I had severe stomach cramping initially, along with migraines and mood swings. As those side effects subsided, the hot flashes began. With the hot flashes came nausea and unpredictable crying fits. My doctor put me on a low dose of Estradiol and Prozac. Within a few days, I was pretty much back to my old self, minus the horrible belly pains. I have to say overall the good outweighs the bad.”

KCMO15 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2016

“My first 3 weeks on Lupron were miserable. Painful, the heaviest period I've ever had, and just overall regretting my decision. It's now been about 2 months and I'm feeling amazing! Hot flashes and forgetfulness, yes. But the pain is almost completely gone. My pain had me bedridden some days and now my worst days just require a heating pad. I can't believe the turn around.”

bitchgoddess June 11, 2016

“I was diagnosed with endometriosis during an appendectomy, but due to cluster headaches hormones were contraindicated. Eventually Lupron was advised. My mom, who NEVER had any menstrual cramps, told me horror stories and I reacted as usual and agreed to the Lupron injections, and I have lived to regret it. Like so many others, I had severe menopausal symptoms, mood swings that made my fiance think I was bipolar, and attempted suicide twice in a 3 month period, which is very unlike me. It caused weight gain, which I'd never had, and threw me into early menopause at the age of 46, 8 years after treatment. Now I'm suffering from acute hypertension and I'm at risk for a stroke, which can't be attributed to anything else. But hey, no cramps!”

MendoBarbie November 20, 2015

“This drug, ruined my joints, chronic pain, I lost an inch in height, and my endometrosis was only gone for three years. I have gained 40 pounds, now have lost my mobility, can no longer dance or go out, im only 36 but i feel twice as old. I would Never have taken it of I had known it was a chemotherapy drug for prostate Cancer.”

Anonymous January 1, 2010

“I did a 6 month treatment of Lupron and It wasn't that bad. The first couple of months I experienced migraines & hot flashes. For the reminder or the treatment, I continued to experience the hot flases but my mood swings became very uncomfortable for my family, friends, & me. I would one minute be calm & neutral...the next minute I would become mean & hateful. That was never how I was prior to the treatment. However, I completed my treatment in August 2009 and I haven't had any problems with my endometriosis at all. My doctor has now given me the option to either get pregnant or continue with birth control pills until I decide to become pregnant to maintain the endometriosis. I highly recommend this method if you can withstand the side effects.”

Learn more about Endometriosis