User Reviews for Lupron Depot to treat Endometriosis (Page 2)

Lupron Depot has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 112 ratings for the treatment of Endometriosis. 43% of those users who reviewed Lupron Depot reported a positive effect, while 37% reported a negative effect.

Lupron Depot Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 75 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Lupron Depot

usernametaken February 1, 2012

“I was actually on Lupron Depot for 18 months. My periods stopped within a week and my pain was gone within the first month. I almost didn't go on it because of the horror stories I read online, but I'm glad I did. My skin broke out more than normal, but nothing a little makeup couldn't hide. The hot flashes were intense at first, but slowly started to subside. After six months they completely stopped. I also fully understand night sweats. The side effects were well worth it to me since I no longer have cramps that hurt so bad I pass out. I am also enjoying being period free after never having a regular cycle and being anemic the better part of my life.”

Stephanie December 21, 2019

“I have stage 4 endometriosis and adenomyosis. Had emergency surgery 3 years ago due to a large endometrioma causing a total blockage of my sigmoid colon. Everyone's reports on here about unbearable pain and severe bleeding - yup, same for me. I've been bleeding nonstop for over a year now. Received my first 1 month dose of lupron on 11/22/19. The only side effect was a slight uptick in libido the first two weeks during the initial estrogen spike. The last week of the month, I got my period but the bleeding and pain were much reduced from before. Noticed an improvement in pain during intercourse. I am on the add-back and have had no night sweats, hot flashes, or vaginal dryness. No impact on my mood that I could notice. Received my second dose, the 3 month long dose, yesterday (12/20/19). Can't comment yet on the experience, but I'm sure hoping to stop bleeding entirely and eliminate the pain.”

Kathy · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 8, 2018

“I have been on the Lupron for about a year. Last year I had 6 monthly injections. The pain that I was experiencing before taking Lupron was horrible. Within 3 weeks of being on Lupron I was pain free with very minimal side effects. One of them was weight gain. For me the weight gain was way better than the pain that I was experiencing before! I went off the shot for about 6 months and the pain returned. The second time around I received a 3-month injection. The pain got worse the first couple of weeks then it was gone again. Now I feel like I can live a normal pain free life again. Still very minimal side effect. This drug has been a life saver for me! I read so many horrible reviews of this drug but honestly its been a huge relief for me!!! I now can function again!”

Channing September 6, 2011

“I LOVE LUPRON. I have stage 4 endometriosis and Lupron has been AWESOME. I have only had one side effect hot flashes, which I do not mind at all, they only come twice a day and last for up to 2 minutes. Hopefully me and my husband can have intercourse without pain. I'm 23 years old.”

Candy · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2020

“Lupron ruined my health. It made me depressed and have suicidal thoughts, which are not normal for me at all. I did not continue after month 4 and unfortunately because I wanted to stop the medication, my doctor would not see me any more. Please research the ingredients and side effects before you choose to take lupron. My doctor told me specifically not to look up the side effects.... Not wise!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2015

“I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis and had a major surgery. I was only able to take four of the six shots. The side effects are TERRIBLE. I had almost all of them. I took my last shot in March 2015. It has been one month and I am now experiencing panic and anxiety attacks along with high blood pressure. I am only 37 and gained weight now weighing 155 and have a blood pressure of 142/103. I have never had high blood pressure until the third month of the shot. I have hot flashes, night sweats, chest pains that sent me to the ER, vaginal discharge, painful intercourse, vomiting of the day I got the shot. It has been an awful experience. I am praying that when it gets all out of my system, I will not see any of these side effects anymor”

Me2 August 31, 2018

“Took the 3 month lupron depot shot just one time. It's now 3 months since I had the shot, my reasons for taking this poison is due to extreme PMDD condition, which I also have endo, but the PMDD outweighs! So all my symptoms since the very 1st week of the injection have been severe hot flashes, night sweats, more fatigue-whole body aches. Just in the last month my hair has been falling out! Very dry, thin now- I'm extremely moodier than before, This was the worst thing I've done & I'm super mad at all these doctors who really have no clue what they're doing to people. We are all their guinea pigs. I went 4 days ago to the doctor & he put me on premaire ( hormone replacement). I'm waiting in misery to see if this added med helps. So far- the new med has had me in tears everyday for no reason, a massive migraine and overall loosing my mind! Never ever take lupron! Just do an internet search on lupron victims.”

eab123 · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2018

“Only a few weeks in and I already hate this. I’m 19 and was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis. My doctor said the Lupron shot is my only option in regards for treatment, before a hysterectomy. I’ve been on birth control for 5 years prior for intense pain but it didn’t help at all. 2 weeks in, my bones hurt, I’m constantly hot and nauseous. Depression I feel is on its way. I can’t stop crying and I feel very sad about life. Which is unlike me, I’m a very positive person. My pain is also more intense than before. I feel very helpless because I don’t want to have a hysterectomy at 19 but I hate this medication already. I don’t know what else to do”

Alma Ducky · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2016

“This drug ruined 11 years of my life & continues to do so. I was given no addback therapy, nor told of any side effects, only the leaflet to read at home AFTER I'd already been given 3 month Lupron shot & told it will help my excruciating Endometriosis pain. After reading leaflet in it's entirety I immediately called my OB/GYN & asked about addback, Calcium & lots more questions. I was scared of all side-effects listed on the leaflet & wished I had known about them before (I'd have refused) or that I could UNDO the shot! He told me worst that may happen are few hot flashes. My pain worsened, I got OSTEOPOROSIS, lost several teeth & couldn't walk unasisted for 6mths. THIS IS TRULY A HORRIBLE DRUG!!!”

Lala November 5, 2018

“I will say I virtually have no periods and have had maybe 3 endo pain days that don’t come close to what the pain used to be. NOW the side effects are horrid! BUT I’ll take the side effects over the pain in periods. My bones ache not unbearable but uncomfortable. The night sweats bad but bearable. I’m tired lots but I can function with some caffeinated tea & b12 for energy. Mood swings and little depression/anxiety. It’s not intense depression for me like nothing that makes me want to harm myself it’s just more of a dark cloud following you around. So if you have mental “instability” before taking the drugs make sure you talk to your doctor. I did not lose hair and my hair did NOT thin/fall out. I did not gain weight. The side effects still make the medicine worth taking because I have no pain or real periods. I get the shot every 3 months (I’m on 9 months) and take a pill that comes in the shot package. The pill is taken daily, shot is every 3 months for me. Goodluck!”

Shawn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 20, 2019

“I had severe endometriosis. I had the kind of pain that makes you blackout. I would bleed all over my chair at work. I wear only black or navy pants. So far I've taken 3 shots and thankfully I am pain free. I have no period. But, the hot flashes are HORRIBLE. I'm always hot and tired. I don't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. I've gone as far as putting ice packs on my bed so that I can sleep for a few hours. I've gained about 35 pounds in 9 months, my hair is thinning I ache all over, my vision has decreased so much, I seem to forget everything if I don't write it down. I think I got the entire list of side effects, however, that pain before taking Lupron? No way! I literally shake when I think about it. I'll try to manage.”

Miso907 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2021

“After a laparoscopic surgery and an 84 day heavy, heavy period, I started Lupron. The first two weeks were not great. My bleeding stopped and then started again but it was more like an ordinary period. I saw an increase in migraines during these first two weeks but I saw a significant reduction in migraines after that. I have zero complaints about the intervening 10 weeks. I’ve been period free, pain free, side effect free. I can’t remember the last time I felt that good. I’m due for another three-month injection in a week. In the last couple of days, I’ve started to have cramps and daily migraines. I’m very much looking forward to getting another dose!”

barberjr October 30, 2013

“Feb this year I had an Ovarian cyst on my right overie rupture , it was the size of my 3yr olds head. When they operated they found I was covered with Endo... ah finally a reason for my pain for the last 2years... I have just finished my 6 month course. Endo pain fine but OMG the side affects, dealt with hourly hot flushes home and at work.. gained 10kgs (awesome) but the mood swings REOW!! my poor partner. Lucky he is amazing... No pain yet but have to wait and see whats next. Maybe Mirena.”

Anonymous March 26, 2009

“I am on my 2nd shot of Lupron and I am not liking the new me. Everyone says after the first 6 weeks it gets better. I don't know if I can take anymore or if anyone else can take my mood swings. I am very hormonal, frustrated all the time and mad about everything. My job and family are suffering. The hot flashes are constant I am miserable. I don't think I will continue with the other shots.”

Ang February 4, 2020

“My doctor told me about Lupron Depot, told me the side effects and I was weary because it's an antineoplastic. I started it along with the add back therapy of provera 5mg and had barely any side effects the first few weeks then I slowly started to gain hot flashes and some cramping in my right ovary where my cyst was. My period stopped before the second shot. I will say not to get it in the arm (deltoid) because my first shot was in my right arm and it hurt even a month after. I get my fourth shot on the 18th and I can tell you, the benefits will outweigh the negative side effects I'm having. So far I've had: thinning and loss of hair, my back and neck constantly hurt, hot flashes 2-6 times a day (mainly at night), vaginal dryness which causes a lot of pain during sex, mood changes (I cry a lot)”

julrez9 October 6, 2015

“I've been suffering with very painful mensuration and chronic pelvic spasms for over 20 years. The first time I did Lupron is was a god sent, finally I didn't have to plan my life and work around my period. Now I'm on a second round. I'm using the 3-month injection and I love life. Yes, I have hot flashes and I can be a bit emotional at times, but I'm not in pain and that is what I was going for. I'm 42 now, and I'm hoping I can stay on this medication, until I'm 50. I would really hate to go back to having to deal with this again.”

EJoy · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 27, 2012

“6 years ago I experienced severe pain caused by ovarian cyst and endometriosis. I eventually had my cyst out but after few months severe pain triggered. I was dying of pain most of the time, until such time I cannot tolerate. August 2008 I was given Lupron Depot. First month was a nightmare for me, I thought I was dying because of extreme bleeding. After that one month my body slowly progress. For three months I had a 3.75mg and after that I was having 11.25mg. I am so relieved that it made me live a normal life. I am pain free and for side effects fortunately not too the extreme. My last shot was done March and supposed to have it last June but due to unavailability of my specialist I am waiting for my next step. So far I am doing fine.”

Ash January 4, 2020

“I have severe endometriosis and adenomyosis and am scheduled for a hysterectomy on Jan 29th. My doctor wanted me take get a couple of lupron injections so that I can have some pain relief as well as experience some of the symptoms I will be dealing with after my surgery. Well it's been 3 weeks since my first ( and LAST) injection. I have night sweats every night as well as a full aching headache all day long. The headache goes away with Tylenol or sleep but is back the very next day. So I'm hoping the headaches stop once this horrible drug is out of my system. Didn't have headaches until I got this injection!!”

IndianMaiden March 4, 2008

“The shot is not too bad in the butt cheek. My problems were the side effects. I think that the hot flashes are the worst of it. I am on my 5th shot, and now I am going through a lot of mood swings as well.”

Stefd · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2015

“My doctor has me on the six-month regimen. I am on my second month and have had to go to the ER five times since getting this injection. I don't recommend this to anyone I feel ill all the time. Very lethargic, very short of breath, heaviness in the chest, pains in my back and just overall horrible. I had my right ovary and fallopian tube removed due to severe endometriosis and the doctor recommended these injections and said I would have no problem and no buddy that she has treated his head any severe side effects so I guess I get them all. I've missed a lot of work almost losing my job because I just can't function on a day-to-day basis because of the medication. For any of you considering taking this medication please don't it is nothing but toxic”

Sweetpea77 January 6, 2017

“I was diagnosed with stage 1 endometriosis after I had a laparoscopy. My doctor suggested lupron depot for six months (2 shots). I have been on lupron depot for almost 3 months where it is time to get my second shot. I am almost sure I will not get the second shot. I am in worst pain than I was before the shot and I have had NON STOP bleeding. You are not supposed to be bleeding while on lupron especially for three months. I have an appointment with my doctor soon about my next step. The medicine is supposed to rid you from pain-but for me it caused it to worsen. In regards to other side effects such as hot flashes, depression, mood swings, etc I don't have any of that! Bottom line, I wish I never would have got this medicine.”

Singer81 September 4, 2019

“So I’ve been on Lupron Depot with an add back for 10 months. I have severe endometriosis. I would bleed severely every month for at least two weeks if not longer with the worst pain of my life. I wanted to die. I definitely wasn’t living. The smallest movements and I’d be soaked in blood. The pain was literally unbearable and I’d have to make a trip to the emergency room. Yes, I do have side effects from the Lupron Depot. Headaches, tired and drained, and for a few weeks out of my three month cycle, my body hurts so bad I can barely walk around. But these side effects have nothing on the pain and depression I was suffering before. I had no life at all. Everything revolved around my period. It’s the only thing that’s given me relief.”

Liebora January 19, 2016

“The side-effects have lasted years and Lupron itself caused depression. And I gained over 40 pounds rapidly within three months after use. It gave me seizures, and I had blackouts on TOP of the usual side-effects. I was hospitalized for three days because of the seizures. NOT worth it! I'm still plagued by the ungodly side-effects every single day! Worst decision I ever made. NEVER again!”

Anonymous April 3, 2012

“I got my first dose a month ago. The main side effects I am experiencing are hot flashes, much decreased appetite (not complaining there) and fatigue. I will take all those any day rather than deal with endometriosis pain. So I am definitely pleased with the Lupron treatment. Its nice to not be in so much pain. I would call off work and stay in bed and cry. So big difference!”

KC813 April 3, 2016

“I want to share my experience with this drug because I truly believe it's of utter importance. My first BC was Depo PROVERA. I bled right through this, and yes it's common for the first year, also lighter periods. But mine never went away, then brown bleeding. I was switched to the implant, for other reasons, and the same problem still occurred. Then I was put on BC pills to control the bleeding process. All in all, I was backing up my uterine wall with more blood every time I had a period. Depo Lupron was injected on Jan 18 I bled out all my old blood in a week. I have not had a period or brown bleeding since. My last shot was given March 18. So far, 0 breakthrough bleeding. I love Depo Lupron”

Learn more about Endometriosis