User Reviews for Ledipasvir / sofosbuvir (Page 8)

Also known as: Harvoni

Hepatitis C
8.6

Summary of Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir reviews 8.6 377 reviews

Reviews for Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir

Bebsy · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hi all, im 4 weeks into an 8 week course of harvoni only side effect was one night of insomnia followed by the ocassional light headache, amazingly my scalp condition which was very itchy any quite painfull at times began to clear within days, i was told along time ago it was a sideffect of the virus which is geno 1 A, im 52yr male i go the gym every other day snd life has resumed as normal, looking forward to bloods results next week. I will be back with info asap...cant express my thanks enough for the help and people who made it possible."

ShazDog August 28, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I contracted Hep C 1a thirty years ago. I am 53 yrs old and have stage 4 fibrosis,...Started taking Harvoni one month ago and have had various side effects including headaches, nausea, insomnia and fatigue. Nothing I cant handle. On the up side, my red palms are fading to white, my spider naevus on my legs and chest also fading and disappearing. I felt like a different person after 3 days on Harvoni. My brain fog started to clear and my moods stabilised. I'm not saying that I don't have bad days, I do. The side effects are transitory so hang in there. I have my first bloods due in two days time. Hoping to see a significant drop in my viral load and hoping that my liver is recovering somewhat."

Big Guy From Florida August 19, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "OK, regular blood work last year in August. Elevated liver numbers. Go to gastro - run more blood tests, positive for Hep-c. Suggested Harvoni. We read about it, talked about it, decided to do it. 12 week treatment, started Feb. 1, 2016. Blood work every 4 weeks. Gone after first month. Gone after 2 month. Gone after 3 months and no more pills. No side effects either. Did quit drinking while taking the medication. So happy......next blood work. Still good. Blood work 2 weeks ago (Early Aug, 2016)....it's back. So disappointed. Heartbreaking. And on top of it all, about 7k in co-pays. A big waste of time and money. Read another forum where everyone had a relapse. Doesn't appear to be as good as thought if you ask me."

Chellemcg · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "My husband started Harvoni on June 14, 2016. July 08, 2016 he died of an Aortic dissection and cardiac arrest. He saw his doctor regularly and had no signs of heart problems or high blood pressure. The doctor said that sometimes the Harvoni can increase your blood pressure. So please everyone, discuss this with your doctor."

RikLRik · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am 1a genotype. This is 4th treatment and the last being Peg Interferon for 18 months with Ribavirin and also injecting Neuprogen and Procrit as the Interferon and Ribavirin destroyed my white and red blood cells. Even had a blood transfusion. Responded but no SRV. After 4 weeks on Harvoni with zero side effects i went from 7,350,000 to undetected with normal AST and ALT. Today is Day 52. I am doing 24 weeks even tho i am not cirrhotic ."

Anonymous August 13, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "While taking Harvoni, I started to get allergic reactions. I was told perhaps I should stop the treatment, but was encouraged to continue by the nurse who was treating me. I never saw the doctor. It is now 7 months since I completed the 8 month course. I am now allergic to almost everything I eat or drink. Perfumes and cosmetics put me over the edge. Yes, it appears that the virus is gone, but at this point, I would rather have the virus than go through what I am now experiencing. The allergic reaction have become unbearable."

justanotherhuman · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Thanks so much for sharing your stories. Glad to hear I am not the only one with sides & appear to to be all over the place with most people & alleviate here & there. So there is hope yet. Into my second day and feel ghastly. Threw up today 4 hours after taking the pill. The nausea got me. If this occurs within 5 hrs of taking a pill, you are supposed to take another one. Not this chick! Sides kicked in first day. Muscle/joint pain, yuk taste in mouth, no appetite, insomnia, nausea, mild headache, exhaustion, weakness. I've been languishing in bed for 1 & 1/2 days. Am female Australian, 65 years old, 55kg and 5 feet tall. I believe the smaller you are the harder treatment is or else I am just super sensitive...jilly"

H2S guy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "45 yr old male I contracted hep c between 2004 & 2006 using drugs.... (cleaned up dec 2006) ..after 9 yrs of having virus I went on harvoni for 8weeks started dec 10 2015 and finished feb3 2016... first blood tests showed less than 12 viral count (compared to 6million) ....did 12 week post treatment bloodwork in april and virus was UNDETECTED :) THANK YOU GILEAD FOR HARVONI"

Manimcured July 28, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I did 3 prior treatments to Harvoni. The three previous treatments were about 1and 1/2 yrs each. They were horrible and I felt terrible most of the time. I took Harvoni for 12 wks and I was cured.. Hardly any side effects if any at all. This is our Miracle Drug."

Gizzier · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "One pill left of 8 week treatment. Get labs done on 8th of aug. It wasnt detected after 4 weeks still praying it will be non detectable. I have had no side effects. Thank GOD and harvoni."

mazzl77 July 25, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "well i just finished my 11 week after 9 weeks ,went and got my blood work .it shows its gone i went from over 3 million to less then 15 ,if these numbers hold it truly is a a gift from god i,m in shock .to say i was not scared i,d be lying p.s. if you can take it in the fall/spring or winter not the summer.good luck"

Dipietra · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hi, all ckecking in again after 4 weeks on harvoni, I'm feeling pretty good. Some days I feel really tied and some days I just feel odd, but feel ok. Had blood tests and my alts are on the lower side of normal and I'm happy about that. Viral load results not in yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I have them. So far so good 8 weeks to go"

Bobcat98 July 20, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Well, I can't say that it was easy. The thing that bothered me most was lack of sleep. Being tired all the time didn't help either. I have 1 pill left and glad it is over. I am 63 years old and retired 5 years ago because of hep c. At week 4 it was undetectable. Had to take it for 12 weeks. I am a Vietnam era vet so that is probably where I caught it. If I am truly cured then the first thing I am going to do is go back to work. Retirement is very boring and now that I have all of this energy I am sure that I would go nuts. Some people had no side effects, as you can see I was not among the lucky ones. It was worth the torment to be free of Hep C."

Jack1956 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Type 1a, Probably contracted 25 years ago. My liver panel was normal, 0-1 fibrosis with doc saying it was extremely mild at worse, viral count at 500,000 at the beginning of Harvoni . Viral count after two weeks was < 20. After four weeks, < twenty. I've had some fatigue and a couple of mild headaches, More in the first week or two. I certainly feel a bit more energized, most of the time. Hope this clears, I have 16 days to go on an eight week treatment."

grannywpb · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Today is the sixth day of taking Harvoni. I have had Hep C for over 30 years, I am sure from my wild days and sharing needles. I feel like something must be wrong with me. I am reading all of the other reviews and everyone is reporting no or little side effects. I have been on this for six days, the first few days were a breeze, but, the last few... I am experiencing, diarrhea, nausea, I am so fatigued, I can barely get out of bed. I am weak and dizzy. None of these will make me quit taking the medicine, but, I wonder how I will be able to do this for 12 weeks. I really don't have a choice, my numbers jumped from 4,000,000 to 10,000,000 and have cirrhosis. I hope I get to the part where I feel better and more energetic than before soon!"

Louiselouisson · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hi, I am on day 12 of taking Harvoni. I have had hep C 1b for over 30 years. I never knew my real self. At days 1-3 I felt tired, fatigued, irritable had headaches and brain fog. Felt the same as I always had. Started noticing changes on day 4, increased energy, could see whites of eyes instead of a murky brown yellow, skin looking better. Relapsed on day 7, started to feel tired, had to sleep after eating lunch, no energy. Days 8-13 feel amazing, no joint paints, feel 10 years younger, brain active, eyes alert, glassy, yellowing almost gone. Palms of hands were always bright red right upto my finger tips, seeing patches of white through the redness, redness starting to fade a little each day. Thankyou God and the minds behind Harvoni."

rmik July 16, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I just completed my 60 day's and all my blood work is normal no Trace of the hep c virus. And I feel wonderful a lot of talk about side effects I didn't even no I was on it didn't experience anything. But it is gone now thank God. Harvoni worked for me"

Barbara123456 July 13, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hi, I have just finished my 12 weeks Harvoni treatment. I know that FDA reports not sufficient data on pregnancy in post Harvoni treatment time, but I am wondering if any of you have finished the treatment and got pregnant and had baby yet? Is there any way to check any potential post harvoni preganancy related risks? I would highly appreciate any help in this matter. I wad tested for HCV in Jan 2016, while trying to get pregnant and now would like to get back to this plan but am worried about potenial harm the drug can mean for the baby..."

goju July 12, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I contacted hep c 30 yrs ago and found out that my liver wasn't doing so good. Quit drinking and all the dumb stuff 25 years ago. And been jogging gym every other day trying to take care of my liver. Well my liver was early stage 4 fibrosis. So I had to get treatment fast. I started Harvoni 9 weeks ago 3 more to go. And 0 side affects. I drink over a gallon of water per day and still visit the gym jog and play baseball on the weekends. My anxiety level was so awe-full about starting harvoni. I postponed it for 30 days and when decided to take the first pill I drove down to the hospital sit in the parking lot encase something happens..lol..lol. And it never did. So my advise is don't be like me. Swallow the pill. because its not bad at all."

Dipietra July 10, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "59 yearold female. I've had hep c for 39years. Geno type 1, cleared the virus 11years ago, after taking interpheron and riboviron. Relapsed after 6months. Viral load of 2,000,000 now. Am now in my 2nd week of Harvoni, and am hopeful. So far my side effects are irritability, fatigue, and insomnia with occasional night sweats. Feels like menopause, but I know it's not. So it must be the harvoni. Hope side effects will diminish."

pt X July 10, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "3 days to go on a 12 week treatment plan. Undetectable after 4th week Unbelievable. No side affects whatsoever."

jamsa July 8, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'll be done with the pills next Wednesday. Here is my advice to you: As much as possible, plan nothing, especially strenuous or even mildly active things, even if you feel really great most of the time, like I have. If you do have to go to work or do something active, really try hard to have some back up, a contingency plan. Today I was slammed really hard with the lowest energy and fatigue I have experienced yet. There is no way I could have worked. After a two to three hour of this, I am just starting to feel a turn for the better. Having said this, I do not want to alarm you. 85% of the time I have been fine. 10% of the time I dealt with some headaches, fatigue brief tinnitus,and stuff like that that seemed to pass fairly quickly. 5% if the time, however, I was in the shits and basically good for nothing productive whatsoever. I have heard that everyone is different. Just take this advice to heart, and go as easy as you can, including social events, sports and any active type of things. When those bad days hit, and you never no when they will, you will really be glad you can take some space for yourself. Such has been my experience with Harvoni. Also, I had to make sure I took a pill the same time every day, and I made a calendar to "scratch" off each day, at the same moment I swallowed a pill. They say it is important NOT to miss a day. If your anything remotely close to like me, trust me, make a system to keep exact info of taking your one pill each day and observe it religiously. I took mine upon arising each day so there was no question for that day."

mazzl77 July 8, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm 63 years old I believe I got hep C in either us army because they used the air gun to give you medication ,or my tattoos that I also got at that time .I was told by my doctor 25 years ago from blood test that I was positive for non a non b hep.I take pretty good care of myself work in trades so you have to keep in shape.from the point I found out been taking blood tests twice a year never had a problem .about 5 months ago my doctor told me my numbers were real high .I stating taking it 2 months ago first 2 weeks got the runs every other day also because I work outside was getting queazy from the sun .the runs started going away after 4 weeks but then I started getting headaches and tired .it felt like somebody pulled the plug ."

Rau71 July 8, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was diagnosed with geno 1A in 2011 by accident at age 40. It was determined I most likely contracted it as a child 1971 from blood transfusions needed for a blood disorder. I opted not to be treated with the meds at the time because of all the known side affects and at the time I was otherwise healthy. My doctor told me about new drugs on the horizon that sounded promising. I started Harvoni Feb 2. 2016 after 4 weeks blood work showed it undectable. The first few weeks I did have headaches, fatigue and insomnia. I took in the morning time on a empty stomach and had to crush it and eat in yogurt because I can't swollow pills. Blood work after 12 weeks still undetectable and I go next week for the 12 week follow up."

Gizzier · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "5 weeks on harvoni and virus is undetectable. Had hep c for 27 years and minimal scarring. No side effects yet have 3 more weeks of treatmeant"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)