User Reviews for Ketorolac to treat Pain (Page 12)

Also known as: Sprix

Ketorolac Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ketorolac

headhurtnomore July 7, 2011

Toradol (ketorolac): “Was prescribed Toradol today at 3 pm, by 4 I could actually see again and was able to even go to work at 7pm. This after having the worst migraine I've ever had. I don't know how it worked, but it just DID. I hate needles so my Doctor just prescribed the pill form.”

edy3 May 24, 2011

“I have a lot of bloating when taking this drug for pain.”

moses16 March 18, 2011

Toradol IM (ketorolac): “I see several people have had adverse reactions to using Toradol. As for myself, I've spent the last 38 years with severe cluster headache syndrome (also called the suicide headache) almost every week to every other week I get those headaches and it has been that way for 38 years. The one thing that ever worked for me to relieve the constant pain was Demerol (100 u) at a time. Normally one shot was all I needed and the pain would go away for a week or so. However, the older I get the more the pain occur. I now take a shot with 100 U of Demerol, 60 u of Toradol and 40 u of Phenergan (antinausea). That combination has been very good for me to stop the pain for at least a month or so. It does help most of the time.”

Anonymous March 11, 2011

Toradol (ketorolac): “I had a kidney stone and Toradol was the only medicine that relieved the pain. Morphine did nothing.”

MissKLR January 25, 2011

Toradol (ketorolac): “I end up in the ER at least twice a month with migraines so bad that I'm in tears and can't even hold water down because of the nausea from the migraine, and I am given this medicine every time I go in and it has never worked for me.”

Precocity November 4, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “Quite effective for most severe refractive migraines and intense neck/face pain. However, it can be a bit harsh on the stomach, especially if used more than once. I self-inject at home (nurse taught me) and have had pretty good results, avoiding ER trips and the unnecessary use of strong narcotic painkillers. Interestingly, Toradol didn't have the same efficacy when I was younger, about 15 years ago. Now it has much more efficacy. The drawbacks (for me) include: having to inject in the upper thigh, can only use 5x per month, and potential stomach soreness with repeated doses.”

extreme pain October 8, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “I had a build up of fluid in my uterus from previous surgery (oblasion of the uterus). I went to the emergency room doubled over in the most extreme abdominal pain I had ever had in my life. They gave me a shot of Toradol and within 20 minutes the pain subsided and was back to normal. ”

Anonymous October 3, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “Went to the hospital in severe pain. They gave Toradol through an IV. Pain was completely gone. Found that I had a kidney stone.”

Anonymous October 3, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “I'm allergic to morphine, Demerol, and several other pain medications. I took Toradol for severe neck and shoulder pain. It worked. I had a little upset stomach but took an antacid, and it went away. It worked better for me, because of me being allergic to other pain medications. It also worked wonders after surgery. It should not be taken for more than 5 days, and use caution if you have kidney or liver disease. Use caution if you are using a blood thinner. It also did not make we drowsy, fast heart rate, or dizzy.”

Anonymous September 14, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “I was given an injection of Toradol for a severe headache in the ER. I was told I had to have the injection in the posterior as it would be sore the next day. All I can say was it was like having a shot of liquid pain. Was given a prescription for the tablets and they haven't done anything.”

Anonymous August 24, 2010

“Had a toothache and had some ketorolac left from when I had my daughter. Took two, toothache gone! Works right away.”

Anonymous August 13, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “3 days ago I had a root canal treatment done. 24 hours later I felt like Mt. St. Helens was going to erupt in my jaw. They gave me Vicodin, no help. Antibiotics, no help. Stepped up to Dilaudid no help. Then Toradol it really took off the edge. With a Dilaudid the pain is very manageable for the first 4 hours of the 6 hour span till next dosage. The other two hours are still quite miserable. Many years ago I had a hysterectomy, they could not give me enough narcotics to control my pain, Demerol, morphine, fentanyl, then they gave me Toradol and it was an answer to prayers, with a narcotic added to it.”

Anonymous July 31, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “I've had several surgeries and was administered Dilaudid and had horrible side effects during and after use so for my most recent surgery I asked for an alternative and the surgeon gave me Toradol which enabled me to get out of bed with no pain and walk hours after surgery. The use is limited due to risk of liver damage but it is a good alternative to opiates.”

Anonymous July 30, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “Great! Fell from tree and crushed my pelvis. Unbelievable pain. Nothing worked. When they gave me Torodal the pain immediately was gone and I was not light headed. I felt no pain at all. BUT...I then developed a skin rash and had to stop the medication. Too..bad, as it was the best.”

Anonymous June 20, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “Morphine and Dilaudid didn't touch the pain I had while in the hospital for 3 days with a severe headache -- one dose of Toradol and I was instantly pain free! Was thrilled to take it for the prescribed 7 days. I was diagnosed with a 9mm Chiari 1 Malfomation and have yet to find anything close to Toradol to relieve my worse than migraine headaches! -- unfortunately, I was told taking it long term would be very dangerous! ”

Tanoshinde June 14, 2010

Toradol (ketorolac): “While at my GP's office for a routine check-up, I mentioned that I had 'a wicked sinus headache.' My doctor knows me pretty well and guessed that when I said 'wicked,' I meant 'I'm ready to drill a hole in my head to relieve the pressure.' She suggested a shot of Toradol. I figured I might as well give a go. Toradol's efficacy, I must admit, came as a pleasant surprise. It didn't relieve the headache entirely, but did quickly reduce the pain enough to make me pretty functional at the office. Side effects, for me, seem to be fairly minimal - I'm a bit groggy and woozy, but otherwise I have no complaints. It's also possible that I'm groggy, not because of the Toradol, but the allergic response that caused the headache.”

Mimi412 January 5, 2010

“I have severe cramps every month. The Doctor gave me 10mg of Ketorolac and it worked better than the Vicodin that I have taken. It really took the pain away quickly and for a long period of time! I have no negative side affects. This medicine really works. I would not know what to do without it every month! Hope this feedback helps someone.”

BSTZmom December 31, 2009

Toradol (ketorolac): “Injections tried for migraine pain. No relief.”

Anonymous December 27, 2009

Toradol (ketorolac): “I was prescribed this medication by a dentist, to alleviate pain from a toothache. It did nothing for me. ”

Anonymous December 3, 2009

Toradol (ketorolac): “Taking it for Shingles pain. Seems to work well, but makes me tired and a bit dizzy. Doctor also prescribed an anti-seizure medicine, Gabapentin, so not sure which helped more. The combination seems to work really well for the nerve pain from Shingles. I would ask my Dr. for these if I ever get shingles again. I went from pretty bad pain to it feeling like someone is tickling me, and it's slightly unpleasant.”

Menina November 19, 2009

Toradol (ketorolac): “I had a awful reaction to this medication, while I was in the ER. I felt like my whole body was on fire and I wanted to crawl up the walls. It was giving to me because it is a none narcotic medication because I am allergic to a lot of the stronger pain medication's. This is one more I can add to my list of adverse reaction.”

Anonymous October 20, 2009

“More effective than Vicodin for me, for dental pain. While on vacation I had a tooth infection that required a root canal. It started on a Friday night, so I had to deal with the pain for two days. I was given both Vicodin and Ketorolac. The Ketorolac was much more effective, and had no side effects, so I could drive home.”

Anonymous October 1, 2009

Toradol (ketorolac): “My doctor prescribed this medication after a very painful lower back sprain. At the recommended dosage this medication did little or nothing for my pain. When I increased the dosage to cure the pain this medication upset my stomach. ”

skeeterette September 9, 2009

Toradol (ketorolac): “This was given, to me, intravenously in the E.R. for a severe migraine headache. It didn't relieve it immediately, but the pain did subside after sleeping for several hours. The side effects are numerous and I would be cautious of taking this again, for those reasons.”

Anonymous August 8, 2009

Toradol (ketorolac): “I have been taking Toradol 0 to 3 times a week for about 16 months for traumatic brain injury.”