User Reviews for Ketorolac to treat Pain (Page 11)

Also known as: Sprix

Ketorolac Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1464 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ketorolac

shel lee · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “The injection hurt, was a very big sting and burning sensation, I was hoping for relief sooner and longer but it did neither. I got the shot about 4 pm, was able to move my arm without pain about 5 pm and was back to hurting before 6 pm.”

Niecie · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I had gotten addicted to Lortab and ask my doctor to take me off it because I just hated not being in control of a medicine. I have Fibromyalgia, so I needed something that would help. After different meds, that did not work, he gave me a shot of Toradol, I was amazed when it took effect! For the first time in a long time my whole body felt pain free. You would think miracle medicine, right? Well, it was however, the side effects of constipation and upset stomach, bloating, heartburn, not urinating enough, the medicine scared me (he also gave me the Toradol pills). I have an appoinment with my doctor tomorrow and I hate that I will have to be taken off this med. If you have great relief with no side effects, it is great!”

Tor1324 January 11, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “My pain was almost completely gone within minutes! Other than the pain from the shot.”

Kelticwitch January 10, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “Was given this for a migraine. Within minutes I felt numb, my heart raced and everything went white as I hit the floor. Needless to say I've been labeled allergic to it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2012

Toradol (ketorolac): “I received an injection of this medicine because of a debilitating migraine which lasted for more than two weeks. When this was injected I almost immediately started to feel CRAZY. I wanted to leave the hospital immediately, even though my migraine was worse- not better. I actually WALKED home (hospital was nearby) but my right leg went numb & I literally dragged it behind me all the way home. This was followed by EXTREME anxiety, confusion and a full week of insomnia which I had to be treated for. Obviously, I had one of those "rare" reactions. However, a close friend later had a similar reaction to this medication and had to be put it a straight jacket following administration. So, these reactions, while rare, can be extreme.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2012

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac): “I went to the ER with horrible pain in my side and abdomen (turns out I have gallstones) I can not take narcotics because I was addicted to Morphine in the past and currently take Suboxone. So, I was willing to just deal with the pain rather than take anything for it. So, the doctor said he can give me Toradol. They put it in my IV and within a couple minutes it took the edge off my pain. It went from an 8 to about a 6 on the pain scale. I some how managed to fall asleep and when they woke me up to go to ultrasound a little later, I had ZERO pain. It is truly amazing. They gave me a prescription to bring home - 5 days worth, and so far no pain. Hope it works this good after surgery!”

Bigorangevolfan · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2012

Toradol (ketorolac): “The pain I had was the most severe pain you could imagine- Back pain and Radicular nerve pain going down the outside and back of the leg and I couldn't walk unless I had crutches but a combination of Lortab and the injection of Toradol actually worked. I had been in pain for over 2 weeks and after numerous visits to the local Mega Orthopedic clinic I ended up back to my regular doctor and he gave me the injection. I have had the pill form before with no results but the injection works great!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2012

Toradol (ketorolac): “This is a miracle medicine.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2012

Sprix (ketorolac): “Before you take Sprix, check out the patient instructional video. It was very helpful on how to take Sprix correctly. The most important thing to remember is that it is a NON-INHALED Nasal Spray Pain Medication. Yes, Non-Inhaled. You must breath through your mouth the whole time and spray mist away from the middle of your nose. I used it for my lower back pain. Felt relief within 40 minutes. Love the medication. Beats going to the Emergency room at 3am in the morning. Just remember to watch the video.”

Anonymous April 26, 2012

Sprix (ketorolac): “Was getting severe migraines. Tried aspirin and Motrin. Both didn't work at all. I needed something stronger. My doctor then prescribed Sprix nasal spray. She told me to spray to the outer part of my nostrils and to only breathe through my mouth (do not breathe through nose or sniff otherwise you will feel a burning sensation like others I've read on here). I did exactly on how she instructed and AMAZINGLY the migraine was gone in 5 minutes. And there was no burning sensation at all. I love Sprix. It's now my go to medicine to relieve my migraine.”

Anonymous April 4, 2012

Toradol (ketorolac): “Great pain relief for complications with kidney Stones. Had both the IV at the hospital and Doctor prescribed pill. Morphine did nothing For the pain.”

Anonymous March 27, 2012

Toradol (ketorolac): “Great for dental pain. Toradol was better than the narcotics prescribed (Lortab) for managing the pain.”

Anonymous March 9, 2012

Toradol (ketorolac): “Wrenched knee. Helped with pain.”

Anonymous February 22, 2012

Sprix (ketorolac): “It is like knives in my nose and throat for about 15 minutes, then it works better than injecting in my thigh. I also take prescription Prilosec and an anti-nausea prescription with it.”

Anonymous January 19, 2012

Toradol (ketorolac): “I was given Toradal (iv form) in the hospital. I was in agony after experiencing severe complications (nerve damage, bleeding, infection) from two back to back knee surgeries. Morphine couldn't touch the pain. Toradal was my miracle.”

Happily Pain Free December 6, 2011

Sprix (ketorolac): “Was prescribed Sprix for back pain. It worked amazingly! Took the pain away by day two! But it must be taken correctly. Spray to the side away from center of the nose (Septum). And breathe through your mouth. The spray is a mist so you don't need to sniff or snort. If you snort it, it will just go down your throat and won't taste good. If you do this, you won't get the nasal irritation burn and you will feel excellent and pain free!”

Anonymous November 20, 2011

Toradol (ketorolac): “Having multiple kidney stones, this was the best thing the ER ever gave me.”

sparky536 November 15, 2011

Toradol (ketorolac): “I was given this by injection at the ER for sciatica pain....it lasted 15 minutes and pain was back. Not that much help for me.”

Anonymous November 6, 2011

Toradol IM (ketorolac): “Works very well. Only problem is the limited use restriction of 5 days. Rheumatoid arthritis pain is continual and ibuprofen my regular nsaid of use has little effect of late. I am referring to the oral administration of toradol the i. M. Shot will last 24 hours.”

Anonymous October 25, 2011

Sprix (ketorolac): “I was prescribed Sprix for kidney stone pain. The first time I used it burned my nasal passage for about 3 minutes. Just when I thought the horror was over it started to run down the back of my throat and the burn and taste made me gag and nearly vomit. The pain I was experiencing from the kidney stone was pretty severe so the Sprix was not enough to relieve it. ”

Anonymous October 20, 2011

Sprix (ketorolac): “The inhaler process is very rough on the nose; burning sensation, bad taste, sore throat. But eventually that goes away and you are left with an analgesic good for very mild pain. My doctor prescribed it for occasional severe back pain and it is not working for that.”

Anonymous October 13, 2011

Sprix (ketorolac): “Worked very quickly on relieving menstrual migraine pain. Following the instructions on how to properly use the spray is a must. I didn't the first time and felt a burning sensation that lasted about 3 minutes. The second time, I cleared my nose, looked down, inserted the tip, and angled it away from the center of my nose. That time I didn't feel anything at all.”

Anonymous October 10, 2011

Sprix (ketorolac): “I experienced burning in my nose. Lasted about 5 minutes or so. Not sure if I can stand that again”

Anonymous September 13, 2011

Sprix (ketorolac): “It worked very well on the pain, but the severe burning of the nose lasted about 5 minutes until I ran water up and around it.”

migrainefree August 13, 2011

Toradol (ketorolac): “I have been on everything you can imagine for migraines. Finally, I was prescribed Toradol. It is a miracle pill! No side effects at all, which is great considering I have three young children! It works relatively quickly as well! TRY IT if nothing else has helped.”