User Reviews for Ketorolac to treat Pain (Page 10)

Also known as: Sprix

Ketorolac Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ketorolac

myssmama · Taken for 10 years or more February 22, 2014

Toradol (ketorolac): “I have the most painful "girl issues" that you could imagine. I would have to go to the ER to get a shot of a narcotic for the pain. NOTHING ELSE helped, until the best doctor in the world prescribed Toradol. It is the only non-narcotic to help with the cramps.”

Leahe · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2014

Toradol (ketorolac): “I had a very bad migraine today, and the butalbital only took away the aura and a small amount of the pain. I drove in pain 20 minutes to UW Health Immediate Care which was the closest clinic. The doctor saw me and decided to give me a shot of Toradol. I received the shot in the left hip. It hurt for a minute or two, but my migraine was much better in 15 minutes, had no side effects, and vitals post shot were fine. This is a great in emergancy situations.”

Rob-H December 13, 2013

Sprix (ketorolac): “I was prescribed Sprix for a severe fibromyalgia flare that lasted almost 3 months and nothing my Pain Management Dr. prescribed had helped. I was prescribed Sprix and by the 2nd day I noted a considerable decrease in pain and by the end of day 4 the pain was gone. I finished up the 5 day treatment and 4 days post treatment am still pain free.”

Chazrose1129 · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 10, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I suffer from a specific family of migraines where light, sound, smells DON't bother me. I just always have a baseline headache that spikes. We found that Topamax helps keeps the baseline normal but I'll get a spike where I'll have to take my Treximet a 2 dose series. It's not very often I need the second and it's even rarer that after taking the second I'm still suffering but when it does happen 1 or 2 a year I'll call let my Doctors office know I need a Toradol shot and they say come on and within 15mins of getting it I'm 95% if not 100% better. I have no side effects. I get the injection in my right bicep because I'm right handed and use it a lot. Life saver when all else fails.”

Marciee October 5, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I had an infection that caused irritation to my trigeminal nerve in my face. I had intense and constant pain on the right side of my face, from my lower eyelid to my bottom jaw, which lasted about 2 weeks. It was worse than child birth, which I had done without pain relief! At least labour pains end eventually. I was given Tylenol #3s at first, which maybe lowered the pain from a 9/10 to an 8.5, and made me nauseated on top of everything else. Eventually I cracked, I hadn't slept in days, and I went back to the doctor in tears. I was then prescribed Toradol, and within an hour, my pain was at a 2/10! That was the first night I actually slept in two weeks. It was a life saver, I could not believe the difference it made for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “Was experiencing 10 out of 10 back pain from muscle spasms. Received a 40 mg shot of Toradol. Reduced the pain to maybe 7 or 8. So, it's better than ibuprofen for sure, but it just didn't cut it for serious pain.”

Kidney stone sufferer July 31, 2013

“I get a kidney stone attack at least once a year, the pain is unbearable....so bad that I feel like I will pass out. In the ER they give me Toradol and within 10 minutes or less I feel better. Once they gave me morphine and it didn't touch the pain, now I ask for Toradol. The good thing about Toradol is that you don't feel sick from it and you can drive yourself home.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “Lower back was out to the point of 98% incapacitation. Extreme pain on any movement. After 10 days of severe pain that only got worse, I finally gave up ice/stimulation/medicine and went to urgent care... barely able to walk in. Less than 1 hour after a shot of Toradol, I was walking around the pharmacy/store slowly with only light discomfort, and after 24 hours I was 90% better. After all that pain, it seemed like a miracle. Only had the 1 dose.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I had been suffering from severe back pain for a couple of years due to spinal stenosis and get flare ups a couple times a year. After numerous failed physical therapy treatments I was finally given a Toradol shot. Within 30 minutes my pain was relieved. Love this shot! Can't believe I was not offered this medication 3 years ago. The only side effects I had was minor stomach discomfort.”

MedicsLady · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 18, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I get the shot once in a while in conjunction with a steroid shot in my hips for possible sciatic/back pain. The burning and increased pain afterwards is well worth having a day or two of some kind of relief. Doesn't help me all the way and takes a while to fully work for me, but I'll take that over my daily pain any day.”

Smidd1 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 16, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I take this for migraine pain relief - it works well taking away what I call the " bad feeling" of having a migraine. That awful painful feeling and allows it to be tolerable as just a headache. In combination with my migraine medicine, it will take the whole headache and I don't usually have a rebound headache afterwards.”

kellyfj June 12, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I first started taking Toradol when I was in the E.R. for severe back pain back in 1992. In recent years my pain has gotten worse so I was put on it again. I do not take more than about one a month due to its side effects, none of which I have experienced. The doctor only gives me ten to last me at least ten months. All I know is without it I couldn't handle the pain. After about an hour it starts to work and I feel a lot better. I only take it when the pain is at its worse and I have trouble standing or walking. Just wish I could take it everyday.”

Sugama · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “Severe arthritis in my breastbone, spine, both knees, left ankle and neck! Went to the ER after almost a week of pains in my chest, was given an injection! It burned at first but afterwards no pain, but felt a little sick on the stomach later!”

rock garden · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I'm a Kidney stone olympian - 14 surgeries. If I don't catch the pain in time with Vicodin then I have to get Toradol shot. Upsets my tummy a little but sure beats kidney stone pain.”

LovelyMiXedOne May 14, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “Got injection at ER for migraine. Worked fast and took the edge off the pain. The worst part was the actual shot, intense pressure and burning for about 15 mins due to it being injected into muscle. I'll probably be sore for a few days.. otherwise effective, fast acting medicine.”

Mdarm62 April 3, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “Toradol is the only med that takes away the inflammation in my sacral pelvic areas. I can not take oral NSAIDs. So I get injections once a week as needed.”

Gwilly · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “Double hernia”

steezy · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2013

“I got all four wisdom teeth removed today one was also impacted, and after the freezing wore off and I took it, it basically took all the pain away and I would give it 5-10 mins to let it become effective”

rhondababy10810 March 2, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, anti-inflammatories work a little. I was in so much pain I went to ER. They gave me a shot of Tordol and it was a miracle. Only downfall was initial burning from shot, but well worth the relief.”

Anonymous February 26, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I have reoccurring migraines to the point it makes me vomit from the pain. Toradol and Phenergan takes the pain away. Best combination ever. Toradol takes it all away”

Mixed Headache disorder February 24, 2013

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac): “For several years I ended up in the ER for severe migraine treatments. In the beginning I was always treated with a narcotic and anti nausea. After taking narcotic and triptan at home failed, usually vomiting uncontrollably. Now I take oxycodone daily. When it fails I go to the ER and now, I get Torodol. It works better than any narcotic. Very fast relief. I rarely get it i.v because now I go before I vomit. The shot in the butt does not bother me and fastest way to get rid of the pain. If I am already vomiting I still take the shot in the butt and the I.V with anti nausea separately. I.V is too slow for pain relief. Never had side effects. But I guess I am getting a mix between the narcotic at home and the shot. Never took it alone.”

JacPetty February 11, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I am 30 years old. I had a multiple composite spinal injuries 15 years ago. The aches and pains unbearable. I started taking anti-inflammatories about 2 years ago. I started getting injections every month of Toradol and "Depo" something. I am almost off all pain meds I mean I still have bad days but I can function again.”

SammiWilson February 8, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “Toradol has literally been a lifesaver! I have Cervical Dystonia, which gives me really bad migraines. Toradol usually will take my entire migraine away, and if it doesn't, it makes it manageable.It doesn't make me sick to my stomach, and it doesn't make me too drowsy, I'm able to drive home afterwards. The only bad thing about it is that I usually have pain around the injection site that lasts for a long while, but it hardly compares to the pain of the headache I had before it!”

LeslieB127 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 7, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “This has worked very well for me for both chronic headaches and migraines. Never had a single side effect. I get injections about 2-4 times a year, when needed.”

ReaganRW February 6, 2013

Toradol (ketorolac): “I was in a vehicle accident and had a Toradol injection for pain in my back muscles. I experienced the severe side effects of blurred vision, nausea, and dizziness (I felt like at any moment I would pass out) about 2 hours after the injection. My hips also hurt for about 8 hours after the injection. My back pain has lessened, so the medication worked, but it is now on my list of allergies.”