User Reviews for Toujeo

Diabetes, Type 1 3 reviews 70 medications

1.7
Summary of Toujeo reviews 14 reviews 3.3

Reviews for Toujeo

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Brought A1C down from 13 to 6.5"

Debannie1959 January 16, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have taken TOUJEO for 1&1/2 years now I have broken out with a rash & itching over my entire body for the past three months. Told my doctor he said that can't happen with insulin. I've been to three doctors all tell me the same. I STOPPED TAKEN TOUJEO The rash is starting to clear but it is slow in clearing. there is nothing that helps. ."

djricciyahoo.com (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking the toujeo 20 units at night about 1 month ago and started having lots of problems my back and neck and vision feeling of not well, being depressed. I really thought I was dying I got off of it yesterday got back on my metformin. I am beginning to get better. The side effects were not good. I did not think it was the shot right away but it did not take me long to realise. I don't wont to go through that again. Please pay attention when you start feeling strange - be aware."

carolina13 January 9, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I try to change every thing. The dose, the hour, it was à nightmare. After 4 months of high suger i go back to lantus."

Eddy02 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My doctor took me off my pump because I was doing so well. We began with 10 units. I am now on 30 units after increasing over 4 month period. I am beginning to see some improvement but I am going to increase some more. I have used Novolog with better results. I have switched doctors and hope to go to a different injector pen to keep me of a pump."

RickyDerick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "When I experienced lipodystrophy on the insulin pump, my endocrinologist prescribed Toujeo pens for my basal insulin and Humalog pens for my mealtime and correction doses of insulin. I have always been somewhat brittle but on the toujeo, I was even more brittle. My doseage of 16 units of Toujeo was too low but an increase of only one unit of one unit per day caused extremely low blood sugars. In fact in my almost 40 years of Type 1 Diabetes, the lowest blood glucose readings I ever experienced (25 mg/dl) was while on Toujeo. I am not a medical professional but I would not recommend Toujeo to anyone."

MommyDoops (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 1 "my doctor tried switching me from lantus to toujeo because my blood sugar was always high in the morning. It started out working to bring my blood sugar levels down, but within four to six weeks, I had gained 10 pounds (and I am not tall), I had swelling, and I could barely feel my toes due to poor circulation. I have never had problems with circulation that could not be regulated. I have had type 1 diabeletes without too many complications for 35 years, and am otherwise, healthy. I had to have my doctor switch me back to Lantus because Toujeo was destroying my body. I hope this does not replace Lantus or I will not be around for long."

Rlljke (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on toujeo for almost a year. I have chronic health conditions and then got type 2 diabetes. The longer you have it the harder it is to control. I have noticed new things that haven't gone away. One eye is blurry, sometimes both of them. I have convultions in my boby that drive me crazy. It's not fun to have your body jumping around. I have also been having cold sweats, dizziness & headache. I am going to go back to Lantus.It took me awhile to realize these symptoms were not normal to my other illnessess. But I am sure now."

mother nature July 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was on language for 4 years no side effects was taking 58 units,been on toujeo for 3 weeks and I'm beginning to notice a pounding heart beat off and on it started yesterday I hope this passes cause I like the numbers i'm getting wasn't getting these kind of numbers with language."

Jimpoe48 (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Getting better results than with Lantus. Used Lantus for 7 years. I have used Toujeo for 1 year as of April 2016. Did not experience any adverse side effects. Blood sugar much more stable - not as many highs or lows. Makes it easier to do fine-tuning with my mealtime insulin. A1c came down and stayed between 6 and 6.3."

BillSaavy May 2, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was prescribed this Toujeo insulin pen, caused vision lost. Stopped use vision was restored."

catzzz (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Great my sugars are now under 140 before 240+"

bibi2016 March 13, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "taking 62 units, used to use lantus with no problem, have had major problem last month or so with pounding heart, and rapid pulse. Heart problem comes any time during the day, and is getting increasingly more of a constant...going to go back to Lantus, and that is too bad, but can not deal with side effects."

emg1 March 12, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Toujeo. 19 units at night. Two weeks off lantus solo star Blood sugars waking were 140, now 200 Nausea 15 minutes after injection. Lasts for two hours. Severe cramping and pain in feet ,calves, shoulders, and hands Diarrhea on and off through out the two weeks Dizziness Blurry vision in one eye Swollen gums Hope this levels off quickly"

Bennybooboo January 1, 2016