User Reviews for FluMist

Influenza Prophylaxis
3.1

Reviews for FluMist

Matt · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “After getting the flumist, I started getting sick and having an asthma attack. I was 15. My mom brought me to the doctors where they immediately yelled to call 911. Maybe 3 or 4 days later, I am awakening from a coma that I was medically induced because the needed full control of my body. I was in respiratory distress and had severe Acidosis. Fever of 108 and heart rate of 180 for multiple days. I was given an extremely low chance to survive but I did”

Anonymous February 23, 2018

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “Dangerous vaccine!!!! My daughter, very healthy and active girl, received the FluMist vaccine in 2005, when she was 5 years old. The next day she developed severe uncontrollable tics. We were in panic, informed the pediatrician, who did not believe that this is a reaction from the vaccine. Got in contact with a professor in Infectious Disease, who explained and confirmed the great concern about this vaccine. It contains live viruses in MSG solution to keep the viruses alive. The MSG, as it is known, is a neurotoxin. The live viruses with the neurotixine are sprayed into the persons nose connected directly with the central nervous system, the brain!!!! Very dangerous! Not everybody can handle this type of body damage. There are cases of complete paralysation, even death after receiving FluMist vaccine, confirmed by the doctor. Wondering why these facts are still covered up by FDA. Do not recommend this vaccine to anyone-kids or adults. Has to be banned and never offered on the market.”

Diananole September 22, 2013

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “My son got the Flumist and was a little tired for a couple of days and loss of appetite. It's now day 4 and he has a fever of 100.5, not too high. We will see how long it takes for it to go away. My 6 year old had tiredness, sneezing and stuffiness and keeps taking her temperature but seems to be okay. My 9 year old just has some stuffiness. I wonder if body weight has anything to do with it since they all received the same dose. Maybe the dosage should be tailored to body weight.”

Nickname November 14, 2019

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “Not only do I have a severe needle phobia, but I also get a horrific reaction to flu shots. My entire shoulder and under my ribs on that side aches for a week. I never had even a slight sniffle from the times I got this. Just wish it were more easily available. I find it bizarre that people would rather be stabbed deep into their muscle and sore for a week than just sniff a little spray.”

Toddler mom November 10, 2010

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “My two year old had the Flu Mist vaccine on a Monday morning. By Monday evening he had a fever, no energy or appetite and wanted to go to bed. Tuesday his temperature spiked to 104.5 and he had achy arms and legs, head and tummy. Still had a fever all day Wednesday but started taking fluids again, still not eating. When he was one he had the shot and had no reaction. I think we'll stick with the injection from now on.”

Anonymous October 15, 2011

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “I received the flu mist on a Thursday evening by Friday night I had congestion in my head. Sore throat. And just an all around sick/drained feeling. I get sick easily and had a feeling I would react this way but was assured by healthcare providers it was the better route. After listening to the benefits I decided to give it a try. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2020

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “Received the flumist vaccine 2 days ago. Started to have a runny nose that evening that progressed to nasal congestion, sore throat, cough, and feeling drained. Still feeling ill. Might as well take my chances with the flu!! Never again.”

mari799 · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2015

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “Awful!!! Got the flu mist and my 8 yr old son got it too. 2 days later I had the flu! Fever, cough, mucous, sore throat, headache, weakness, etc.., it has been awful!!! I expect to be sick for at least 2 more days!!! So about a week of illness! My son was sick for 2.5 days! all of the above and no appetite!!! I'm really annoyed!!!!! Thanks for charging me $65 bucks to get really sick and miss work and school!!!! Never again!!!”

abarzua21 October 10, 2015

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “My 10 yr old daughter had the flu mist for the first time usually she gets the injection, but her doctor ran out of the injection So I said ok give her the mist. NEVER AGAIN!! We will stick to injections from now on. She got the mist on 10/9/15 & the next day she woke up with pain in her legs and weakness of her body & a bad cold, sneezing a lot & muccus, but by night she was coughing and stuffy trouble breathing. The only reason she had no fever was because I immediately gave her motrin 400 that her doctor gave her. I don't like the mist & that's the last time she will get the mist.. If you're here looking for reviews to see if u should get the mist or shot the best advice I can give u is stick to the shot, ”

Anonymous October 4, 2014

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “My daughter got the Flumist and felt very bad two days after that. She had vomiting, abdominal pain and the next day after that a very bad rush in all her body. I have to mention she is not allergic to anything. I took her to the doctor and of course they said is has nothing to do with the Flumist.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2020

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “Never again. Do not use for teenagers (or anyone for that matter). Convinced there is a very good chance Flumist triggered POTS in our beautiful healthy 15 year old girl. Look POTS up and beware.”

Anonymous October 16, 2011

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “I got the FluMist vaccination two weeks ago, and I'm still experiencing the side effects. I've stayed congested and have done nothing but sneeze and cough. ”

bawbyboy November 12, 2008

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “This was very simple to use. I thought it would be great. My 3 year old has vomiting as a side effect. My 6 year old and I seem to have no side effects.”

Anonymous October 27, 2009

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “All 3 of family members got the Flu real bad 3 days after the Flumist.”

fezzian · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 24, 2014

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “I've taking Flumist every year for about six years. I've never really had any problems with it, except a runny nose the day after. I'd definitely recommend it.”

More about FluMist (influenza virus vaccine, live, trivalent)

Other brands