User Reviews for Zyclara

Learn more about Zyclara.

Keratosis 31 reviews 16 medications

7.3
Summary of Zyclara reviews 31 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Zyclara

For Keratosis "Had been on the Zyclara, putting it on my chest only, for 10 days when I experienced high fever, chills, shortness of breath, nausea, sore throat, aching joints, headache, numbness in my fingers, metallic taste in my mouth, dry mouth and extremely tired. Dr. told me to stop. Symptoms still continue after 5 days off. He refuses to say it's from the cream, but I am never sick and only became sick after being on the cream. Hopefully, the cream will have done it's job and after the redness and spots disappear, I will have a clear chest again. It is a chemotherapy cream, so no wonder there will be side effects. Stupid doctor for not taking responsibility for this!!!!"

Browniebaker (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2016

For Keratosis "Just finished my second course of two weeks on/two off/two on. I pray this works! The side effects I experienced were between moderate to severe (flu like, headache, upset stomach). My nose looks like I burned off the entire end/tip. It is very sore, crusting, oozing- very ugly. But if this is the price I pay for the medicine to hopefully work, I've sucked it up! I had MOHS March of 15 and the new treatment spot is adjacent to the old scar. Praying this works..."

No more sun (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

For Keratosis "I have been using this cream on the front of my ear for a week. There is swelling itching crusting and so much oozing it will drip down my face. Around day 5 I started feeling tired and weak. Then day 6 and 7 I have felt like I have the flu..I feel awful. Lymph nodes seem swollen and throat is sore. My lower back hurt as well one day but not everyday. I was worried the fluid dripped down into my ear canal. My doctor told me to stop using it and come back to see him in 3 wks.."

Tpmaines August 10, 2016

For Keratosis "I am on day 11 of a 14 day cycle and the first week I experienced flu like symptoms i.e., achy muscles, fatigue & head aches. My only side effect now is a slight headache. I am using Zyclara on my face (temples, forehead and cheek) and my face is looking pretty ugly right now. It looks like an awful outbreak of acne and is very raw. I have more than a few scabs and a lot of redness where I have been applying the cream. It is very itchy and tender and to be honest, while I am still in the middle of all of this, I have questioned whether I would do it again. I guess it would be better to answer that in a couple of weeks. I have wanted to stop using it but it is like swimming half way across a lake. I think I will be happy in a couple of weeks"

Esteban Yan February 13, 2016

For Keratosis "I've been on zyclara close to a year. Only off of it for about 3 weeks in a year. My limbs are covered with hundreds of actinic keratosis and I also have had squamous cell carcinoma removed. I am now experiencing swollen and tender lymph nodes under my arms and in my groin. Is this aside affect of the zyclara or is this a sign that the cancer squarmous cell has spread. Any info would be appreciated"

Jeannewood (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2015

For Keratosis "I took Zyclara for 5 days and unfortunately had to discontinue due to acute side effects including fever, flu like symptoms, nausea, lack of appetite and fatigue. I have been off now for 4 days and other than the fever being slightly lower, the symptoms continue. I used it on my entire face which is swollen and covered in bright red sores, some draining. This has been a very negative experience for me but that's the chance I took hoping the benefits would outweigh the side effects. I believe I may have an immune issue and plan to further investigate that as I seem to get sick a lot and am easily fatigued."

TMC2 December 9, 2015

For Keratosis "No side effects at all. No problems at all. Had two spots on my back that are gone. Thanks doc for recommending this treatment."

roxiemoxie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

For Keratosis "I am a female in my late 60s, and on day 13 of the 1st round of 14. After tomorrow, I will be off 2 weeks, and back on for 2 weeks. I am using it on my temples and forehead. Luckily, I have a lot of hair to cover the red spots that have surfaced on my temples. However, I have had NO flu like symptoms, NO fatigue, NO stomach problems. Nothing.....just a bunch of ugly red spots"

Anonymous November 23, 2015

For Keratosis "I noticed a bothersome "pimple" that never healed on my back a few yrs ago. After biopsy the dermatologist diagnosed it as basal cell. She lasered it twice for removal. I noticed another spot on my left shoulder, and 3 more spots on my chest 6 mos ago. I have no insurance so Dr suggested Zyclara cream. My first session was 1 week on, 1 week off, then another on and another off. It brought out more spots (which shocked me) in my cleavage and upper chest area. She put me on a second session of 2 weeks on, 1 week off, 2 weeks on. I just finished that session, and other than the new lesions that appeared from the cream, the original spots are almost gone. I have had no apparent negative side effects while using this cream."

Ren1313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Keratosis "4 days in on first 2 weeks. Using on arms and face. Put vaseline on lips, under eyes and in nostrils to protect from cream. So far no reaction at all. I know I have many pre cancer and thought I would light up like a Christmas tree but so far so good. Maybe it's coming but time will tell."

luckysofar (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2014

For Keratosis "I have only used Zyclara for 3 nights, but last night after I applied it to my face and neck, I started coughing and filling funny in my throat. It only lasted about 20 minutes, but will try again tonight and see if I have the same reaction. List of side effects did list this condition. I want to love this cream but am afraid I may have to quit it."

RamonaLea (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014

For Keratosis "Just to let people know there are some side effects. I got fatigue, swollen and sore lymph nodes, constant thirst, and I don't ever have anything like that happen usually I am a very healthy person so it surprised me. I used Carac about ten yrs ago and didn't have any side effects."

Zyclara user (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2014

For Keratosis "26 spots came out the first week. A few were very big (larger than a pencil eraser) and they oozed like a greenish pus. but....only a tiny bit of itching during the healing weeks. Seemed to work great!"

SusanJD (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2014

For Keratosis "I used Zyclara for 2 months, applying it for a week and then taking a week off. I have to say, it does work. I had many pre-cancer spots on my forehead, face and shoulders, that stayed there for years, despite annual freezing treatments. Zyclara cleared up these spots, and they seem to be gone permanently. As for side effects, it was a terrible experience, but only for the first couple of weeks. Basically, the first week of treatment was Hell, the second week was Heck, and the third and fourth weeks were Gosh and Golly. So, only the first week of treatment was painful. For that first week of treatment, it was like being hit with both a body-aching flu and a sleeping sickness at the same time."

Max Moore January 23, 2014

"Have been using 6 days straight. No change in my daily activities, no apparent side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2014

For Keratosis "Have finished my first two week application and am about to start the second. I'm a 44 yo fair skinned male who rarely wore sunscreen as a kid and had my share of sunburns. Had a few Actinic Keratosis spots that kept coming back so doc put me on Zyclara for my forehead and cheeks. After reading the horror stories I was absolutely dreading it. To my delight the side effects were not bad at all, and I just had 4-5 spots flare up that looked like acne. I never post to things like this, but I hope some see this and know that not all people have the horrible effects of it. I can certainly sympathize with the ones who do though."

Scott876123 December 31, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Keratosis "I feel much better after reading the experiences of others, which are so like mine. I'm a 44 yr old Florida native who spent way too many hours in the sun. I had my first basal cell excised at age 26; several more removed through MOHs, and Actinic Keratosiss "frozen" off, since. I tried Carac on my chest last year with little response. Now on day 13 of using Zyclara on my chest and shoulders and -- wow. By day 2, I had spots appear & the number of red, swollen, itchy lesions has multiplied every day since. I do NOT think I would be brave enough to use Zyclara on my face, given my significant (and unsightly) response. It IS uncomfortable, but hopefully worth it. Fabric-covered cool packs, ibuprofen and Neutrogena Excema Essentials cream has helped."

Sunburn girl November 14, 2013

For Keratosis "I am 64 and have a lot of what my Dr. describes as pre-cancerous areas. I have just completed my 2nd two regime, the first having been done a couple of years earlier. I did my head and the left side of my face about half way down my cheek-only wanted to look half horrible. I took more than two weeks between the 1st and 2nd cycle both times to give the areas more time to heal. Don't know the significance of this delay. I got the eruptions to the point that I called my Dr who said there was no problem and showed photos I took during the treatment when I next visited my Dr.- all normal. I did feel fluey, sore all over, and verging on sick to my stomach, a 200 mg IBU solved the problem-its a real miracle for me."

ecsecs1949 June 24, 2013

For Keratosis "I just finished the second phase of two weeks on Zyclara. It is doing its job for sure. Alot of open sores at the surface. Doctor put me on antibiotics as I have some infection going on. Also, using a antibiotic topical cream to help. It is painful but worth the time going through this as I have heard good results. I have had the Mohls surgery and also Efudex. Hope this clears it up for good."

Facetime April 20, 2013

For Keratosis "I am on week 5. I first used it on my arms with no result. So I decided to do my forehead. A few spots came out. Now I'm doing my chest area...major sun damage! I'm not going to lie, it itches and burns. If all these spots are pre-cancer cells, then its definitely worth a few weeks of pain and discomfort! I just told my co-workers what I was doing so I didn't feel the need to "cover-up". Actually feels better not to have clothes rub on it. I take Advil for the pain. If only I could go back in time and tell myself to get out of the tanning beds, its not worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2013

For Keratosis "Have used this for one week but began to have serious side-effects including hives all over my back, severe diarrhea, terrible cold/flu, headache, joint soreness. I do have an autoimmune disorder (endometriosis and Raynaund's) and the medication has warnings for people with autoimmune disorders so that may be why I am having such an adverse reaction. Will see doctor tomorrow to learn if I should switch to Efudex maybe but will probably look into the genetic testing for DPD before I start that one."

AblesChapin (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2013

For Keratosis "After I viewed some web face pics of others, I felt better about my treatment because this medicine will tear your face up. It was a lot of trouble explaining to most I came in contact with the treatment plan, and the looks on their faces were priceless. But, after a couple of months I know of 3 more people who also chose the treatment after seeing the results. One of them is a doctor and this is his statement to me, "you didn't tell me about the horrible flu symptoms, " for which I replied, "you didn't ask.""

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2012

For Keratosis "I took Zyclara for the first time a year ago at the age of 34 after my doctor froze off 3 actinic keratosis. Actinic keratosis on my nose is back, also I still have red spots where lesions were during the initial treatment. Doctor says I need another round to finish off the damage and as a last best hope to avoid having to surgically remove the spot on my nose. I have fair skin and tons of sun damage (including 2nd degree burns over 20% of my body). My doctor initially recommended that I take 2 months off for the treatment, this time I will take her advice! I found the treatment too intense to work through due to pain and fatigue. Moisturizing the area with petroleum jelly and a topical anesthetic and antimicrobial (neosporin or polysporin) helped a lot!"

Anonymous January 19, 2012

For Keratosis "Took for 9 days and developed terrible flu like symptoms -- doctor said to stop. Still having symptoms several days later. The medicine did bring out keratosis spots but not worth the side effects."

Anonymous November 21, 2011

For Keratosis "My bald head, forehead, and face have the actinic keratosis spots to be treated. I tried one laser peel and it did well for about 6 months. It was painful and the recovery was as well. I tried Efudex cream several times and had some success. I am on the Zyclara now for 7 days with just some itching, redness and minor swelling. I made the mistake of being in the sun for 5 hours on the sixth day and had to skip the treatment one night due to some pain. Some sores have began to appear like old zits. It wont be pretty for several weeks but it should be worth it to avoid cancer."

58andred August 21, 2011