User Reviews for Hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate

Also known as: Uribel, Urelle, Uro-MP, Phosphasal, Urin D/S, Utira-C, Uramit MB, Urimar-T, Ustell, Vilevev MB, Uro-458, Vilamit MB, Uro-L, Azuphen MB, UroAv-B, UroAv-81, Hyolev MB, UR N-C …show all brand names

Urinary Tract Infection
6.3

Summary of Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate/sodium biphosphate reviews 6.3 24 reviews

Reviews for Hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate/sodium biphosphate

Hidabrem · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2019

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Overall I do not feel any benefit from Uribel. I am 2 weeks status post hysterectomy, bladder neck sling and cystoscopy. This medication does not improve my pain when emptying bladder for which it was prescribed. I am starting to feel burning which I did not have before. This medication makes urine more acidic I was told. The number one side effect from Uribel for me, taking it 3 times a day, was dryness. My eyes were becoming stuck shut at night. Changing dosage to 2 times a day did improve that problem. So, you may have to play with the dosing with your doctor's approval of course. More healing time may be order for me to get better, but I do not think this helped in my situation at all."

Suffered for years · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was diagnosed with intestial cystitis around 2002. I have been through 4 urologist and now I’m going to a gyno-urologist. She gave me this medicine and it has changed my life! I have controlled pain with pain meds all this time while experimenting with numerous medicine. This stopped my pain! It is my miracle drug!"

Sandy · Taken for 10 years or more May 28, 2019

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug severely diminished my kidney function. I'm praying they are not permanently damaged and don't end up on dialysis. This drug should be taken off the market. I now treat my cystitis through diet and that works a lot better. This drug is dangerous"

MCC · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have interstitial cystitis, but I also had a recent severe bladder infection. With my IC, Uribel is the only thing that works to make the burning pain and spasms go away. However, keep in mind that you do have to avoid some foods while taking this drug. If you research it, you will see that Uribel works when your urine is acidic. You have to avoid dairy as much as possible, and almonds for sure. I learned my lesson eating almonds right before I took one of my doses during the day. That dose did not work at all. All the other doses have worked. You can find a diet online to follow, and it will work wonders. It’s definitely my go to if I’m ever experiencing a really bad flare. I have used it periodically over the last few years."

AlaskaAnne · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 28, 2019

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This works great for when my Interstitial Cystitis (IC) flares up. I just now had a flare up (Jan 2019). I kept the Rx bottle for future reference and the Rx date was Apr 2018. Almost a year, thank goodness, since the last flare up. I am taking this bottle with me to my new doctor and am going to insist he write a new Rx for me. It works!"

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2019

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "After being in intense pain for two months and countless trips to the doctor, OBGYN and a urologist, followed by multiple tests and exams, I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis. Unable to control the pain and the need to void my bladder frequently my urologist gave me samples of Uribel. After a day on this medication my pain was almost completely gone and the urgency had stopped. I can’t speak for anyone else, but this medication has been great."

Betty November 17, 2018

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I couldn't have made it without this drug when I was first diagnosed with IC. After changing my diet and drinking water only I was able to take less and less and take it now only occasionally."

GSD mom · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2018

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for : "I have been struggling for almost a year with this "unknown" pain. I went to a new dr and I was given a sample of this. Long story short. It's great! I still have some small urgency issues but the pain is almost non existent. I can tell almost immediately if I miss a dose. I take it every 6 hours and definitely will continue. My dr had a manufacturers coupon which helped me with costs as well as her giving me lots of samples. I now spend $27 a week on it"

Sasha August 24, 2018

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a cystoscopy done two days ago and was given uribel for the pain after the procedure . I noticed I pee less but I still have pain when I pee and it’s burnt me to pee and I’m swollen (pain outside vagina) and I feel here and there some bladder spasm. I called my doctor to ask him if these symptoms are normal although I’m on uribel he said yes to give my recovery from the cystoscopy few more days to heal . I so far don’t think this drug is helpful"

Leanah · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2018

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had symptoms of a urinary tract infection. Extreme pain, frequent urination - as soon as I stood up from the toilet, I felt that I needed to pee again, etc. I went to my gyno for a urine test on the day the symptoms started. Nurses felt sorry for me having to wait for results and gave me Uribel samples to help with symptoms for the few days while I waited. The symptoms went away almost immediately. Yes, it turned my urine blue, but they told me to drink lots of water, so mine wasn't as bad as others describe. Turned out I didn't have a UTI (next trip is to urologist), but 2 days after my Uribel samples wore off, symptoms came back full force. Definitely helped while I had it."

T June 9, 2018

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Uribel did not work for interstitial cystitis (IC). Increased frequency and was irritating"

Heatty February 20, 2018

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was taking this for interstitial cystitis. Stains your toilet blue and you need a pumice stone to rid of it. Works for pain but major nuisance with the staining. There must be something out there without the blue dye? "

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2018

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have been taking Uribel twice a day for about 2 and a half to 3 weeks now. I was prescribed it after visiting a urologist (after two urgent care visits when I thought my problem was a UTI, as well as a gynecologist). My symptoms are a literal constant, nonstop urge to pee, which causes frequency, and occasional pelvic pain. At best it provides minimal relief. I still have the constant urge to pee but it may be a bit milder; however, I am still going to the bathroom at least every two hours. I still wake up every 2-3 hours every night to urinate. I also had an episode of pelvic pain last week, so Uribel didn't seem to prevent it. This medicine may have provided a little relief for me, but I still have symptoms."

YS · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2017

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a bad attack of IC, and could not get a bladder irrigation for a few days, so took Uribel.It eased the pain. When I went for my normal swim, I could not catch my breath. I had brachycardia. I stopped taking the meds after a few days because the feeling of not being able to breathe properly was worrying me. It's 5 or 6 days since I stopped taking it, and when I swam again, the situation was even worse. Tagamet is the only other medicine that has done this to me. I have to keep struggling, even now, sitting at home, to get enough of a breath. I wish the medicine would stop affecting me. I looked online to see what to do, or if brachycardia was listed as a side effect, but it isn't. I am wondering what I should do to get back to normal."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2016

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I took this because I have to pee every hour on the hour. Unfortunately it didn't do anything, actually I think it made me want to pee more frequently. I only took 1 pill though, but didn't bother taking anymore."

Sunny9909 · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2016

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug made me feel worse . It intensified my bladder spasm and gave me extreme rectum pain . My insides feel like they are being sucked in. Don't think that because it's more expensive that it's better . It's crap . Better to take nothing . And I only took one pill . Never again ."

Skipagnello3 August 30, 2015

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug contains a MAO inhibitor, be CAREFUL servious side effects from combining with any antidepressants"

Hello Sandra53 August 19, 2015

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a lithotripsy done today with a cystoscopy and was prescribed Uribel for the bladder spasms and urination pain. I took it 3 hours ago and I'm still suffering from the painful spasms and burning urination. It isn't working for me."

OSASST June 8, 2015

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have suffered from overactive bladder for years, and my Toviaz is extremely effective, UNLESS I will be standing for a period of time (eg:outdoor concerts) Then my weak pelvic floor causes increased feelings of urgency and spasm. My Gyno suggested I take this prior to going out, and then I can stand comfortably w/o feeling like I have to constantly pee! It has greatly improved my social life enjoyment. I am prone to having serotonin syndrome, which is 1 of the possible side effects so I have to be sure I take my meds several hours apart, then I am fine."

whyare74? March 5, 2014

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This medication made me into a normal person! I always had some kind of urinary tract infection and I would take medication and after I took the last pill within two weeks I had it again. I'm 65 and honestly I have been infection free because of Uribel. I take it once a day unless I don't drink enough water or liquid and I will take two. That's it ! IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE"

OABsufferer · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2013

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This medication definitely was effective in taking away the symptoms of urgency after I had a urinary procedure done. It worked pretty fast within 30min. However the side effect if "fluttering heart" was very negative for me as I have an anxiety disorder so the heart palpitations triggered me to get very panicky. The side effect starting after an hour of taking it and subsided about 2-3 hrs afterwards. Overall I would recommend this medication because the effectiveness was excellent."

pen2005pal · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2012

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I LOVE THIS MEDICINE. I have chronic end stage Interstitial Cystitis. I've had it bad for 24 years and NOTHING worked but the URIBEL. I have taken Urelle and Utira-C and none of them worked. But this one takes away my bladder pressure & pain. I can immediately tell when it wears off. I am taking every 6 hours (4 times per day). I have Medicare and it doesn't cover it, but the relief from pain is well worth it."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

Phosphasal (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was having recurring urinary tract infections and my doctor suggested me taking this medication which I loved and they really helped as I did not get any infections at all for the length of time I was on them. After 4 months my insurance is now refusing to pay for them any longer and I am afraid my infections will start up again."

Anonymous January 24, 2012

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Although it was expensive, it was well worth it. My interstitial cystitis had gotten so bad it hurt to walk, I had to keep an ice pack between my legs. Within one dose of this, I started feeling better. The one thing I would suggest is that the pharmacy put a warning on the bottle stating specifically that the medicine will possibly turn your urine blue/green. The first time that happened, it was quite shocking! Overall, this medicine really saved me when the other ones let me down."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

Uribel (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / phenyl salicylate / sodium biphosphate) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This medicine is terrific. I have interstitial cystitis and frequent urinary tract infections and both of these conditions were IMMEDIATELY helped when taking Uribel. I can hardly believe how well this medicine works because I've tried so many other remedies and none of them helped at all. I would always need to get yet another antibiotic which I was quickly becoming immune to and none of them worked any more as well. Uribel stops EVERYTHING...the burning, the urgency, the pain and the frequency. It's an amazing medication!"