User Reviews for Hydroxyzine (Page 8)

Also known as: Vistaril, ...show all 10 brand namesAtarax, Vistaril IM, Hyzine, Vistaject-50, Rezine, Vistacon, Vistacot, Vistazine, Vistazine 50

Allergies

Anxiety
5.6

Summary of Hydroxyzine reviews 6.0 800 reviews

Reviews for Hydroxyzine

Atarax (hydroxyzine) for Allergies: "I keep yawning but I don't actually fall asleep."

Atomheartmother December 17, 2017

For Anxiety: "Prescribed to help me discontinue opiates, mainly for anxiety. In general, I’ve not had any results I’d say were helpful. Nothing harmful, but it hasn’t helped much with anxiety. It did seem to alleviate sneezing with opiate discontinuation which was good. It has helped slightly with insomnia as well, but only moderately. It causes my heart to race a bit for an hour after taking it. No other effects, good or bad though."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2017

For Anxiety: "So my doctor prescribed me hydroxyzine pamoate because I told her I was having episodes of terrible anxiety and I wasn't sleeping very well because of it. The first night I took it, it took about 30 mins to set in, I started feeling calm and my normal negative obsessive thoughts became more positive and far less obsessive. I would have a positive thought and move on to another. That in itself was amazing and I also slept very well. The dry mouth side effect is bearable as well. However, the next morning when I woke up I was so groggy and could feel the sedation had not worn off... All I wanted to do was sleep and not talk because I was so relaxed and I was extremely irritable"

ManicAniextyGirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2017

For Sedation: "Was prescribed this because apparently, I have insomnia coupled with anxiety. I tend to get hot at night and wake up sweaty multiple times at night and never can quite fall back asleep. Did not notice anything the first night but I did the following nights. Sleep quality has improved immensely. I can easily fight off the drowsiness, but as a reminder, it is supposed to be an aid. It feels like taking a Nyquil or a Benadryl."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

For Anxiety: "Oh my ! so I made a mistake and took this pill thinking it was my other pill and it had me in the ER at the hour mistakenly taking this. My anxiety shot up so high it was ridiculous I couldn't calm down. My stomach was in knots I had stinging pains it was the worst feeling in my life and I had been doing so well - I hadn't had a panic attacks for over 9 months until mistakenly taking this pill "

Anonymous December 8, 2017

For Sedation: "I take Prozac every morning and was prescribed this for night time after a 2 month stint of sleeping maybe 4 hours a night due to anxiety and other things. This works really well (50mg) for me IF I take it at least 1.5 hours before I want to fall asleep. If not I may toss and turn for a while. It also has helped with my anxiety levels."

Jess B (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2017

For Anxiety: "I was on klopin for anxiety I switched doctors they took me off and but put me on this rubbish med. I have the worst anxiety and PTSD due to going overseas. This medicine made everything so bad. I don't have any damn allergies so why do I have to suffer because goddamn dope heads. My night mares and anxiety got worse. If a doctor writes this for you tell them you want to be treated for anxiety not allergies."

Kev567 November 26, 2017

For Anxiety: "This is coming from someone who has struggled with severe anxiety issues and panic attacks,since I was a young child. Before being prescribed Hydroxyzine, I would have at least 2 panic attacks a day, if not more then that. And my high anxiety levels always interfered with everyday life...I would over think everything, plus I worried about every little thing that happened, it sucked. I'm 25 now, and my anxiety levels are kept at a minimum, due to the Hydroxyzine..I'm able to function normally at work, plus I don't worry as much. I feel like I can be myself again"

NightRaven92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2017

Vistaril (hydroxyzine) for Anxiety: "I have a severe bipolar, extreme manic depressive, high anxiety, suicidal tendencies and ADHD. I had never taken any medications until recently. I didn't believe anything was wrong. I recently admitted myself to a psychiatric hospital that specializes in chemical dependency and mental illness. I was prescribed Vistaril 50mg every 6hrs as needed. I like this medication a lot. It works quick for me and I've not experienced any issues with making me tired at all and I only use it during the day. But I also have Seroquel 150mg Neurontin two 100mg capsules three times a day and Depakote 500mg 1 in the morning and 2 at bedtime. Vistaril has been great for me."

Craziefemale (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2017

For Anxiety: "I've been taking this med on and off for about a year now. While it does well at keeping the anxiety attacks and dissociations at bay. I've noticed the room spinning a few times, and I'm quite irritable."

ianrichardsonco (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have horrible persistent anxiety & panic disorder & have been taking one benzo or another, mainly Klonopin for the past 18 years. I tried all of the other anxiety meds & nothing worked but benzos. I've been on .5mg of Klonopin most recently for the past couple years. Recently I had surgery & was put on Oxycodone for pain. As soon as my psychiatrist found out about this he cut me off my klonopin abruptly after my last prescription ran out. I called his office in a panic & he phoned in a script for Atarax 25mg 1 or 2 pills every 6 hours as needed for anxiety. What a joke. Made my anxiety & panic worse. I am now getting Xanax from other places to treat my anxiety since doctors will not help."

Manic314 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

For Anxiety: "Took my first pill after going to the urgent care for anxiety due to stomach issues. I took the first pill that night it kinda helped me sleep. Awoke the next day around 1pm started to get an uncomfortable feeling. Felt super anxious, jittery, cold feet, sweaty palms, tingling sensation in hands and feet. Warm sensation in chest. Felt as if all my nerves in my stomach was in a knot. The more I took the worse it got. Stop taking med 3 days after started and slowly begin to feel like myself at 24-48 hours. Worst feeling ever"

JiBeanz November 14, 2017

For Sedation: "Took 25mg of Hydroxyzine for the first time tonight for insomnia......3 HOURS AGO! I'm wide awake, not even the least bit sleepy. Either 25mg is not strong enough or the medicine is not. I'm always up til after 2am and late for work every day...ugghh...Don't think this is for me...I'm ready to take another.."

HDew (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

For Sedation: "I have stage 4 cirrhosis been sober 5 months. I ask for a sleep aid after months of basically no sleep as cirrhosis can cause a flip sleep cycle... I took it for a few nights 50mg and seemed not to work, so was prescribed a ambien like RX didn't work after weeks of use . Went back to original RX of this stuff stayed on it and sleep now 7 hours and yes strange dreams, And really helps with all the anxiety when trying to sleep. Once taken 30 to 60 minutes later I feel a warm glow and bam I'm sleep. I haven't sleep like without booze in years"

Rocketman356 November 11, 2017

For Anxiety: "After only a day I started to notice and uncomfortable feeling by the third day I was in a deep depression immediately stop taking after day 3 begin to feel back to my norma self in less than 24-48 hours"

Anonymous November 9, 2017

For Anxiety: "Panic attacks came at 46 when I had negative life experiences we all will get and was prescribed this from a doctor. I never took it,Ii overcame anxiety and I accepted it. I tricked my mind into knowing nothing was going to happen and how did I realize that? Because nothing ever happened and the next day kept coming. When you feel an attack coming say to yourself nothing is going to happen and tomorrow will come and you'll still be here doing fine for sure as your reading this..good luck..and make sure your eating right and exercising."

Fiztroy November 7, 2017

For Sedation: "Works very well don't usually wake up feeling drugged, I sleep fairly well on it. I do wake once or twice but also if I do wake up at night and try to go back to sleep I see hundreds of shapes dancing around in my vision. Very strange but all in all no complaints and bazaar dreams now and then nothing frightening tho. I'd recommend it"

Jsurf (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "I took Hydroxyzine last night for the first time. It worked quite well for me, it helped me fall asleep and the next day I felt calm and relaxed. I suffer from panic disorder, insomnia and bi polar. The only side effect I experienced was vivid dreams/nightmares but nothing I couldn't handle since I've always had bad dreams, but it could have been from something else because before taking this medication I would experience them anyways so I can't say that it was entirely due from taking the Hydroxyzine. Maybe it enhanced it but I'm not sure so don't take my word for it. I know it won't take the anxiety away immediately or cure it like Xanax or Ativan would but I believe with continued use it could definitely help! Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have always struggled with severe anxiety and panic attacks that would happen everyday. Then I was prescribed this medicine, let me tell you that Hydroxyzine works so well..even more important, it helps keep my anxiety issues down to a minimum..and if I feel a panic attack creeping up, this medicine only takes a few minutes to calm me down. I can function normally with my anxiety problems, thanks to Hydroxyzine"

NightRaven92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2017

Vistaril (hydroxyzine) for Anxiety: "30 years ago in my first marriage. I was severely abused. I was trying to commit suicide always fighting crying and hallucinating. Mt Dr put me on vistaril, and it changed my life. First it made me not care about what my ex husband was doing. I became more confidant. And was able to get myself out of that situation. Now I have been prescribed them again due to surgery and I am planning on replacing my citaloprom, loratadine and hopefully with God on my side grasp at a better future."

Bubbles55 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 2, 2017

For Allergic Urticaria: "I can't believe my doctor did this to me. I kept talking about how I hated the drowsy feeling that I had all day if I had to take Benadryl at night, because of my eczema induced hives. Three Benadryl didn't do to me what this stuff did. I took it last night, because I was starting to get a little itchy and I've been a stinkin' zombie all day! I have slept my whole Saturday away! I am so furious that I put the pills into the garbage disposal and will be changing doctors. Why don't they listen instead of pretending to listen? Don't take this stuff, definitely don't drive for several days after you've taken it! I've been taking several Allegra at a time and it's taken away the itching & I've been willing & able to complete daily task"

james516 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

For Anxiety: "I've had anxiety my entire life, specifically with social interactions, and in the past year or two have experienced severe panic attacks. The anxiety and panic are linked to my depression, which altogether led to me being hospitalized. When I was there, they prescribed lexapro for my depression and hydroxyzine for my anxiety. The hydroxyzine meds took me out like a light, I could not stay awake to save my life. And when I was awake, I was completely out of it. After a few months of using it and getting used to it these side effects stopped, however it was hell waiting for them to stop. I would not recommend to anyone working, as I was at the time, but if you're willing to wait out the period of absent-mindedness, it can help calm you down."

Corri444 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2017

For Anxiety: "Has worked well but it will make you feel loopy for a 1/2 hour or so."

Caseynd (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2017

For Anxiety: "I recently brought myself to the hospital due to chest pains (anxiety, panic attacks). I had no idea what a panic attack was and my EKG showed arrhythmias. I spent 2 days in the hospital and was released with this medication. I have been taking these meds for 4 days now and I feel like my old self again. No more tightness of chest, short breaths, chest pain, and no more feeling like I'm coming undone. When I feel like I may be on the verge of an anxiety attack, I take a pill and I feel like new. I would recommend this to anyone who has panic or anxiety attacks. The best part is, this medication is non habit forming. So take as you go, or as needed. I'm allergic to a lot of different medications and this one has no side effects from what I have felt."

Heart Healthy (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

For Anxiety: "65 yr old and diagnosed with ADD. (was tested) Been on Adderral and Klonipin 12 years. My Doctor kept me on Adderal but replaced Klonipin with hydroxyzine and added Celexa. First night caused my RLS to act up big time so I never took again. Taking care of my 88 year old mother is very stressful so I tried hydroxyxine again last night but took with my ropinrole. No RLS! To be honest I don't think I feel a difference as far as anxiety. Took another one this am. Think my anxiety over rides any med. Need something diff. Will post what Dr. replaced with."

Charcoal1111 October 8, 2017