User Reviews for Hydroxyzine (Page 7)

Also known as: Vistaril

5.6

Summary of Hydroxyzine reviews 6.0 842 reviews

Reviews for Hydroxyzine

Usherhouse · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "I’ve been on 50mg of hydroxyzine for about two years now. I have a very severe panic disorder and I take them as needed up to twice a day. I started taking them when I was thirteen, and now as a eighteen year old I am having memory problems due to being on it for such a long period of time. I wouldn’t recommend starting your teen at a dose this high, please consult your doctor!"

Manda · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "I haven't been taking Vistaril for long but I just want to share with anyone considering this drug that it has helped me SO much. I've been battling for almost a year now with different combinations of meds. I am on lithium & was taking Lexapro to help with the additional anxiety/depression I was having and it caused hair loss and I couldn't stay awake or focus. I stopped it and my psych prescribed the Vistaril because I can take it as needed. I don't feel sedated, I feel relaxed. It helps with the depression purely because it eases my anxiety. This morning I had an anxiety attack and even though the Vistaril kicked in when it was over, it helped me handle the residual feelings I was having and I was able to turn my day around and make it a good one. If you don't like it, you can just stop taking it.. but give it a fair shot."

cochristian · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 13, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've enjoyed the relaxing effect of this. I've been using it regularly for 6 months now. I realize that there are many ways to view this, but am just glad that it fit my expectations very nicely."

bad redhead · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2018

For Allergic Urticaria: "I got the syrup which I could use as little as I wanted to it was better for me as I like to control the dose. I had hives that drove me nuts I took half a teaspoon and had very little side effects, the pills forget it!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2018

For Anxiety: "This med was given to me for itching caused by anxiety. I've been on this drug for 2 months. I am happy this works for some folks but still itch, am anxious and am unable to sleep. 25 mg 3 x day for me with no results."

Omann · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 6, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was given hydroxyzine 25 mg three times a day to help reduce my need of as many benzos. To say it's useless is false. I have very high anxiety this settles my heart with my kolopin and helps me sleep at night. Great for stomach issues as well. Overall this drug can help and with very little side effects."

AJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2018

For Sedation: "I take 20 mg of hydroxyzine to fall asleep. It works wonders for me. It lets me fall into a deeper sleep much faster. I sleep for a solid 8 hours uninterrupted with this dose. The downside to this drug is that it’s much more difficult to get up in the morning. I offset this by sleeping earlier so I have more time in the AM. I also get dry mouth. Other than that, it’s an effective sedative."

Liz · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2018

For Anxiety: "Did not work at all for me. An hour after I took it I had a panic attack. Since then I’ve been on edge. If you already have anxiety and antihistamines make it worse be sure to mention that to your doctor. They didn’t as me so I didn’t think anything of it "

s'ok · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 4, 2018

For Sedation: "I was prescribed this for panic attacks. Does not work for panic attacks as it can take an hour to hit you and all it really does is make you tired. I was still having tremors and myoclonic jerks trying to sleep in the middle of a long attack. However it was really good for sleep even though I built a tolerance to it fast. It does have a bit of a calming effect I could see useful for mild worrying. I'm also very sensitive to medication as several have put me in the ER so just not having any severe effects puts a drug at least a 5 and then some if it does something helpful. I found this to be easily tolerated as long as you don't suffer from bradycardia."

Gadgrl · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "My update from last May actually. I was given these to take almost same time last year for anxiety/panic and breathing issues. I took for about two weeks as needed, but only 10mg because they knocked me flat on my back for hours on end and suffered extreme drowsiness and dry mouth afterwards. While they seemed to help my anxiety because I was either asleep or almost paralyzed in bed, so I couldn't function and was agitated because of how they made me feel. So,I stopped taking them and it's almost a year later. Weather has just recently got warmer where I'm at and I'm short of breath again and anxious again and panicking again! Weird.. allergies IDK, while I didn't care for them, I don't know fully because I couldn't take them for long, side effects were too much. I'd give them a try though, everyone is different."

CrossWalker · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2018

For Anxiety: "Psychiatric Rx. Prescribed 25 mg up to 3 times daily. Taking as needed. I get anxiety with shortness of breath. Helps a great deal. Sedating. Less anxious. Was taking only once in a while, but I am now starting to take 3 times daily to ward off constant anxiety. So far, great drug."

TJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2018

For Sedation: "I agree with the others about the after effect. It was like I drank a keg of beer. And, these were only 10 Mg prescribed 1 or 2 for sleep. I think that so called "doctor" was trying to make my life worse. Never again."

Lindz · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

Vistaril (hydroxyzine) for Anxiety: "I have bipolar manic depression, extreme anxiety and extreme OCD of hair pulling (trichtotillmania). My psychiatrist prescribed this and 3 other medicines but this is two 25mg 3 times a day. I’ve been on it for 2 weeks and it makes me shake but I haven’t pulled my hair since being on it and have been calmer since being on it. This has been amazing for me. I can’t praise it enough."

Chris April 28, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been taking Hydroxyzine for hives, specifically 25mg. Some brands that I tried gave me headaches. I would take maybe a 1/2 - 1/4 of a pill (they would knock me out so would I take the KV Tech before bed) and alternate days Zyrtec with and would relieve my condition for about 4-6 months. Needless to say a bottle of 30 would last quite a while. A few days ago I called in a refill of the same KV Tech 25mg. This bottle doesn't do anything. Doesn't stop the itching or put me to sleep. Normally would knock me out and very deep sleep. Nothing ! I wonder if somebody is making these pills on the black market and distributing them. I had this filled at a national brand pharmacy. Has anybody had this problem?"

Sugafree23 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "I started this in conjunction with Zoloft to treat my debilitating night time Anxiety. I started with 25 mg at bed, the first night and immediately went to sleep worry-free. Woke up the next morning late and was foggy brained the next day. Now I only take a half a pill before bed if I'm wound up and need help to sleep. Works perfectly. I no longer have anxiety, though the Zoloft is likely the contributor."

TWJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 23, 2018

For Anxiety: "My GP prescribed this to take as needed. Taking nothing worked just as well."

Ivey April 22, 2018

For Anxiety: "I can't help but wonder if these reviews are sarcastic or not. This drug does not work (for me) AT ALL. 100mg...nothing...200mg...nothing...300...nothing. Coming from a 24 year old girl."

musTBeonesSelF · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2018

For Anxiety: "People writing here are not happy, either, and we need to be proactive with our doctors. This did NOT help, my nightmares were vivid and no patient should settle for that as a way to be rid of an Rx that could actually work for me so I am not anxious, and can have a good life. I also was concerned my bp was up; never had it before; felt like my heart was racing, went to a cardiologist I trust, and was ok though blood pressure was causing it to feel like racing. It's obviously the meds. I also took Trazadone for sleep/anxiety, had horrific nightmares, no warning on either med., both Rx's caused a hangover effect and was tired all day. Not happy w/ medical care lately; missing doctors caring about us first. Maybe having & taking more time with patients, listening, solving & providing real needs would reduce our "opioid" situation in the U. S. : it's the worst healthcare system in the world."

SayNoToBenzos · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "I got this prescription for withdrawal from benzodiazepines. It helped me get a little sleep sometimes, it calmed down some of the myoclonus jerks, electrical shock sensations, internal vibrations, tremors, shaking, dry heaving/vomiting. It didn't take them entirely away but just more bearable sometimes.It did nothing for the complete balance loss and the mental anguish that still plagues me in my 2 year withdrawal."

Rayne62 · Taken for 10 years or more April 14, 2018

For Allergies: "I've been taking 50mg 3 times a day for 15 plus years and can truly say that the benefits of taking this drug I have had no side affects."

Cetta · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2018

For Anxiety: "Life Changer.I have experienced anxiety most of my life to the point of not interacting with people staying to myself. After taking this medication I feel a full body calming. I just feel less anxious and never felt like this before. The only reason I don’t give the medication 10 stars is because I only been taking it for a few weeks.I don’t know if this is one of those medications that wears off Less anger and irritability too I take 25 milligrams 2 times a days but am upping it until 25 milligrams 4 times a day"

Richietwo · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 12, 2018

For Sedation: "I was taking 0.5 mg Alprazolam and melatonin to get to sleep and the doctor switched me to hydroxyzine. Hydroxyzine has no effect on me, I might as well take nothing. Going back to the Doctor for a discussion period."

Sarah · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2018

For Sedation: "I have been on this for a little while, I have not been taking them though. Last night I took two, one pill is 100mgs. I have always had an issue with sleeping, it was either not sleep at all or have very bad nightmares. I was so tired and I couldn't sleep so I took them. I passed out around 8pm and woke up around 2pm. I didn't wake up once, although I felt like death all day. I was still tired and I felt like a zombie."

Opeth · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 10, 2018

Vistaril (hydroxyzine) for Anxiety: "Vistaril works great for me right before bed, takes care of anxiety and allows me to get to sleep easier. Taken it 4 years now no problems."

blues · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2018

For Anxiety: "It's really working . I took only one pill and and suddenly felt so relaxed. Also this drug has 5 times less side effects than SRRI SRRI near killed me"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)