User Reviews for Gardasil

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Gardasil.

Gardasil Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis.

Reviews for Gardasil to treat Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis

"I'm 18 years old and just got my first one today along with two other shots which were required for school. Hurt like hell compared to the other two. Maybe less than a minute after I started to feel dizzy, nauseous, vision blurred, had difficulty breathing, threw up... Nearly fainted, had to be brought to a bed via wheelchair. Probably the worst I have ever felt. Hours later, can barely move my arm without feeling pain, even though the other arm (which got two shots) feels fine. I'm not going to say no one should get this - fainting is obviously better than cancer. I personally would not do it again, especially considering I do not plan to have sex later in life."

squipper November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My daughter's health deteriorated after the first dose of this vaccine, that was back in 2010. My previously very healthy girl has suffered continuously ever since with severe and chronic pain, fatigue, dizziness, weakness, food intolerances, nausea, hair loss, light and noise sensitivity, bleeds and bruises very easily, developed a large and painful Ovarian cyst, daily headaches, short term memory loss amongst many more distressing symptoms. She has lost out on her entire secondary school education and is unable to lead a normal life in any way."

Mother 64 August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My first shot was in junior high I was on the cheer team and very athletic, a few weeks after the first shot I was always dizzy, bright lights made my eyes tear up for no reason, I had horrible headaches that I still have today, I was and still am always tired for no reason. I have auto immune problems ( lupus sle has been suggested ) I have horrible GI problems which I pay out of pocket for every 3 months to see my GI. I have bleeding ulcers that have been treated and tested but don't go away. I constantly have diarrhea, severe upset stomach, I have mild tremors that has been related to my head aches. My youngest son was born with stomach problems now ( hasn't been proven to be related to gardasil ) I'm 24 with all these problems"

Liz92 February 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had the Gardasil when I was 14 I had zero side effects besides a sore arm. I have no complaints, Its done it job!"

Jenna46 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I don't recommend this shot to anyone!!! Especially, if you plan on having kids in the future. It caused my daughter to become sterile. At the ripe age of 19 years old, she is told she is going through menopause and will never have kids on her own."

Brenda L February 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This shot ruined my life. After recieving this vaccine I began to pass out up to ten times a day. I couldn`t do anything because I would faint without warning. Now I have horrible tremors, GI problems, and daily joint pain. I have heard other people have had these same effects from this vaccine. My doctor was very pushy about getting this vaccine. I would never recommend this vaccine."

eb24 January 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Got the first shot today. Felt nauseous after 15-20 mins and diarrhea. Arm still stings a little bit after a few hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 24 and received the shot. Although painful (stinging), I experienced no extreme side effects as mentioned in numerous reviews. It was quick and I plan on returning to receive my second, then third."

MC_91 (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After my experience with Gardasil, the only thing I hate the most is it stings a lot (compared to other vaccines) for 2 minutes, then boom it's just like I got a flu vaccine and everything is normal, no dizziness, fatigue, or anything. I even hangout with my friends the night after the vaccine injection, I woke up like nothing happened. I don't know if what I saw in the web is true about gardasil being bad, but base on my experience it's all fine."

Land123 October 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Given to daughter at age 13. Diagnosed with chronic Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura at age 13.5 years. Side effects list bruising, bleeding tendency and red pin picks on skin. Are the several side effects due to a temporary decrease in platelet function, much like aspirin or the trigger of a platelet antibody?"

JewelstheMom July 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For a boy (19 years old) taking this Vaccination I havent gotten any bad side effects other then my arm being sore from the shot itself, I took my third shot today and I've been reading a lot of bad things about Gardasil. I doubt anything bad will happen being that I've already took the first two. Who knows? Guess Ill just wait and see what happens. As of my experience for now. Nothing but arm soreness and that's it. I hope everything is fine with this last one. Hope all goes well with everyone who decides to take it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Very effective when I got the first shot last year... in just 3 weeks my warts was gone."

kimchii February 8, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I don't know about the efficacy of this vaccine but I had no issues with the shot itself. It stung maybe slightly more than a flu vaccine but not bad. I had no other side effects. I got it in my 20s. My son got the vaccine too and his experience was similar - no issues. It seems to be a well-researched vaccine with a good safety record and HPV is so common these days that I think it's a good idea."

Anonymous January 13, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 18 years old and have had all three of these shots. I don't understand why people make this shot to be such a big deal. It barely hurt when I got them. Even if it did, who cares? If the shot is going to help you out in the long run. I never had any bad side effects I recommend it to any woman who likes to be proactive."

Anonymous July 17, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Out of all three shots the third shot hurt the most. The first shot felt like a normal shot while the second stinged just a little, but the third shot my arm hurt for about 3 to 4 days. Overall I think that its worth it because it is for the best."

skb1996 March 12, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hopefully I can rate the effectiveness as a 10. I have had my second shot and both my arms really hurt for about 2 minutes but after that the pain was gone and no other side effects. I think this is something that every woman or girl should get. It is really expensive and think a preventative like this should really be covered by healthcare or insurance at least (as mine is not and have paid $170 per/shot)."

Anonymous December 17, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had the shot given to my daughter, she fainted (one of the side effects), she had never done this before, it was the scariest experience ever. The next shots went fine."

Anonymous November 17, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Got one shot, hair started falling out withing 2 weeks, got second shot- hair continues to fall out. Also have had other severe side effects including weight loss, constipation, numbness. "

Anonymous July 17, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I got the shot, the second one hurt the most. The pain in my arm only lasted maybe 2 hours at the most. When I got the last shot the nurse injected it into the joint of my shoulder, which hurt for a lot longer but that was the nurses fault, not the Gardasil. I had no side effects. I believe getting the vaccination was a smart thing to do and was worth it."

Anonymous June 9, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I got the shot and it hurt at first but after about 30 minutes, I never felt anything again. It's worth it."

Anonymous June 3, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I got really nauseous but I guess its worth it."

Anonymous April 24, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It hurt each time I got the shot. The pain would be there for a week or so. "

Anonymous April 22, 2009