User Reviews for Horse chestnut

Also known as: Venastat

Learn more about Horse chestnut.

Varicose Veins 2 reviews 6 medications

Inflammatory Conditions 1 reviews 115 medications

Summary of Horse chestnut reviews 3 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Horse chestnut

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a vascular surgeon in Thailand that I have great deal of trust and respect for. He regularly attends International conferences, is up to date and is very caring. Reparil was given to me to reduce bruising and swelling after an injury. If he recommends this drug than I believe it must have a positive effect and be useful for blood flow and to reduce swelling and inflammation. Hard to tell how much this worked as these things get better anyway, but my doctor has a large amount of experience and would only use something effective. No side effects. for me In the United States, this is available as an extract of horse chestnut leaves, a big pharm company could not profit for spending millions for approval."

GaryLK (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Varicose Veins: "I started horse chestnut extract (Venastat) when I was about 27 years old after experiencing pain, throbbing, and tired, heavy legs. Varicose veins run in my family. I couldn't believe I had symptoms so young because I was thin, healthy, exercising and most of all, young. After about 1 month the throbbing and pain was gone. Over the years I was in denial about how much Venastat helped me and wasn't crazy about spending the $10 or so per box. I'd quit taking it and the pain, throbbing and tiredness would come back worse than before. At one point I couldn't sleep because I had such a terrible throbbing in my upper thigh/groin. I'm 40 yrs old and if I miss a dose the symptoms come back. Try it!! It's not a cure but it really, really helps!!"

Anonymous April 17, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Venastat (horse chestnut) for Varicose Veins: "Mother-in-law was told to use Venastat, wear compression stockings at $125 a pair, and have surgery. This was four years ago. Takes it twice a day, did not have surgery, and switched from $125 a pair for compression stockings to Leggs Sheer Energy support stockings at $5 a pair. Her legs look the same as they did 40 years ago when I met her - her family doctor said they were ugly, but her arms and hands were uglier - cruel yes - but he and the entire family was trying to tell her to stop worrying about her legs - she is over 80 and this is discussed regularly (and health conditions and finances prevent surgery. The Venastat has not changed the appearance of her legs."

the caretaker October 13, 2009