User Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion (Page 9)

Also known as: Mucinex D, Entex PSE, Nalex CR, Mardrops-EX, Congestac, Poly-Vent IR, Despec-Tab, Entex T, Guaimax-D, Anatuss LA, Fenex-PSE, G-Phed, Guaibid D, Guaifed, Nalex Jr, G-Phed- PD, Guaivent PD, Guaibid D Pediatric, Eudal SR, Duratuss GP (old formulation), Deconsal LA, D-Feda II, Guaifenex PSE 60, Demibid II, Guiadrine II, Guiatex II, Ambifed, Guiadrine II SR, Defen-LA, Decongest II, Desal II, Deco-D, GP 500, Guaifed-PSE, Guiadrine PSE 120, Guai-Vent/PSE, Guaifenex PSE 120, Guiatex PSE, Guai Sudo, Guaipax PSE, Ami-Tex PSE, Mucus D, Ru-Tuss DE, Guaifenex RX, Guaitab, Guiatuss PE, Degen II Guaivent (Ethex) Tusnel Pediatric Drops Altarussin PE Sinutab Non Drying Robitussin Severe Congestion Humibid GC Guaifenex GP Dynex ExeFen-IR Durasal II Guiadrine PSE Guiatex II SR Coldmist Drituss GP Coldmist LA Coldmist Jr Ambifed-G Guaifenex PSE 80 Aldex GS Despec-SR Guaifenex PSE 85 Maxifed ExeFen Mucus Relief D Ambi 60/1000 Ambi 60/580 Ambi 80/780 Mucinex D Maximum Strength Aquatab D Dose Pack …show all brand names

Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine

Anonymous May 24, 2010

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Took one pill before bed (about 8 pm) and was up, literally all night. Fell asleep the next morning at 9 am. The pill worked great on my sinuses but should have taken it in the morning. The packaging does not detail this side effect very well.”

Anonymous March 23, 2010

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “This medication cleared my completely congested nose in about an hour. I could breathe perfectly clearly through both nostrils! However, as others have mentioned, it made my heart race, and when I was exercising later that night, I felt lightheaded and had to quit early. I also couldn't sleep that night. My heart was feeling very fluttery and I was wide awake in bed. ”

Anonymous February 15, 2010

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I have suffered Sinus problems my entire life, I have found that using a Saline Sinus wash 2 times a day ( Morning and Evening, before I shower) and takinfg Mucinex D when I am having really bad episodes, seems to be the perfect combo. I was also told that you should not take Mucinex D for more than 5 days. if you take it for 5 days you should go off of it for 15 days before going back on the medication. The Sinus wash is the secret, I also use a swimmer ears solution in my ears a couple of times a week and this seems to help with the build up of bacteria in the fluid that is always in my ears. I hope this helps.”

Anonymous January 30, 2010

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “It definitely works. But it is an intense stimulant and will keep you up all night. I would take one in the morning and that's it.”

Willie Bivens January 4, 2010

“I suffer with bronchitis on occasion and someone told me about Mucinex DM. I took one caplet and have been expelling the mucus ever since. This medicine is great. I recommend it to anyone who can take it.”

Anonymous January 4, 2010

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I started taking Mucinex D a few days ago and since then my eyes have completely dried out. I've started getting severe earaches for the first time in my life, and I haven't been able to sleep. I have no idea why this is happening. I keep drinking tons of water but it doesn't seem to make a difference.”

Anonymous December 13, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Great sinus relief.”

sleepy269 December 4, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I am 235 lbs and took one at noon and by 1:00 PM I was feeling great! I did not take another but still could not sleep that night, neither could my wife who took one also. Almost a fair trade.”

Anonymous December 1, 2009

Pseudovent (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I used this when I had a sinus infection and it's great. It started working within a few hours and made me feel so much better.”

Anonymous October 14, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “This worked on my sinuses, however my heart rate increases so much that I feel jittery. The insomnia is a set back. The relief is great but I'm not sure the things that go with it are worth it. Although my heart rate being up made me lose weight.”

Anonymous September 15, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I have had severe ear aches now for almost a year. I went to my doctor and she said I had a lot of fluid in my ear canal. So she suggested I take Mucinex-D. After taking 1 dose I could tell a huge difference. When I begin to have the symptoms again I automatically go buy my favorite medication Mucinex-D.”

Anonymous September 1, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “This medicine gives me the runs after a few days of use but its sure better than coughing up a lung. I have found nothing else though that works as well when I get a head cold.”

Shiroh August 20, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “For years I had earaches and dizziness. Doctors told me that the drainage in my ear is messed up but tubes would not fix it as I'm past the age. One nurse practitioner put me on Mucinex D and it worked like magic. I use it only as needed.”

Anonymous June 23, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I had been struggling for several days with a severe head cold that was beginning to expand to my chest. I was using other over the counter medications with little effect. A co-worker mentioned Mucinex D and I began to experience significant relief with the first dose. I did add an over-the-counter nighttime pain reliever which really helped me to sleep through the night.”

southfield May 2, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “After coughing for several weeks I went to my doctor who prescribed an antibiotic and Mucinex DM. I took the first tablet and drank a lot of water. Immediately my coughing was very productive. I highly recommend Mucinex DM!”

Anonymous April 15, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I use this every time allergy season hits. It is awesome.”

Anonymous March 24, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “This stuff works for me. I am a very large man with a sinus system. When I am sick nothing works like Mucinex. A good side affect in my opinion as I don't retain as much water in my limbs.”

cold and tired March 11, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I used this medication and had none of the insomnia or restlessness. I had the exact opposite reaction. I had been dealing with a sinus cold and was getting headaches from them. After using over the counter medication to combat the headaches I went to the doctor who prescribed Mucinex D because he said it was much more powerful. Long story short I couldn't make it through a day of work without sleeping. I at first related it to the cold, but when I halved my dosage I was still tired but not to the point of exhaustion when I took two pills. As of now my pills are gone and I don't feel tired in the least. Insomnia I can handle, falling asleep on the job I can't.”

JoeF March 1, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I had sinus congestion and consequently serious pain under my eyes in the sinus area accompanied by confusion and inability to think clearly. After one Mucinex D tablet, the pain was gone. I suffered from mild insomnia that night, but I'd rather have the insomnia than the pain. I also had less ear pressure/pain during descent in an airplane after taking this drug. Another benefit for me. Thanks Mucinex.”

Anonymous February 20, 2009

Pseudovent (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I used Pseudovent for a very bad sinus infection. It cleared me up within hours. It is the best thing I've found and I hope it will not be discontinued. How can we plea for this not to take place? ”

Anonymous February 14, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I looked through all the information on MucinexD but didn't find anything about diarrhea as a side effect. I had severe diarrhea after taking the first two tablets. The next day I took 1 tablet and had diarrhea. So, I don't think I'll take any more.”

Anonymous January 26, 2009

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “This medicine worked to relieve my nasal congestion, but gave me severe insomnia. I stayed up for an entire night. I also experienced dry mouth. ”

Anonymous December 29, 2008

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Great relief. Once every 12 hours dosing.”

Mich35 November 21, 2008

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “Twice this year I have had a cold and used this product. Both times, I took the two pills. It cleared my head, but it left me feeling restless, and I suffered from insomnia. I will try 1 pill the next time to see how I react. Maybe 2 pills is too much medicine for me.”

gone sinus October 21, 2008

Mucinex D (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine): “I felt better after the 2nd dose. It does work. Thank you.”

Learn more about Cough and Nasal Congestion